Old 08-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Default Simply Filling/Core Chat August 20 through August 26, 2012

Sorry Chicks! Couldn't stand looking for the current thread and finding an expired one!

Have to get Jim in for some quick Doctor appointments so I'll be busy this week trying to bend people to my will.

Have a great week.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

I was actually wondering if we want to move to a monthly thread since there are fewer of us these days. I don't care one way or the other. But, thanks for starting. I hadn't even noticed that we were on an expired one.

So, the next three weeks bring transitioning from the post-surgical shoe into a real shoe. I start with two hours a day in the real shoe and add on, but still no tapping and no serious lower body exercise. He said in the "old days" I would just be getting out of a cast at the 6 week mark. Technology has brought some improvements.

We went out for breakfast. I had an egg- white omelette with salsa and a fruit salad...very good.

Last edited by Tejas; 08-20-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #3  

Maybe starting in Sept we can try a monthly thread, but it might be too many pages. I have 2 pages in the weekly thread. Maybe 2 each month. One on 1st and new one on 15th? just a suggestion.

I had a pancake this morning. I make mine with 1/2 c. oats, 1 egg, walnuts, cinnamon, unsweetened coconut and cranberries Mix well and cook like a regular pancake and added some sugar free maple syrup. It was good and it's way past lunch and I'm just now starting to get hungry.

Rhonda, after my osteotomy I was in a full leg brace for 3 months. It was torture, lol. I know it feels like forever but before you know it, you will be out of that boot for good.

Vickie, thanks for starting a new thread. Hope to see you in here more often.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:50 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Vickie, thank you for the new pages. I hope Jim's all right. Please update us.

Rhonda, I'm glad you aren't in a cast.

Pam, your pancake sounds really really good.

I had strawberries and grapes for bfast today. Got food poisoning from the berries but was feeling better by noon. I took the grands to see "The Odd Life of Timothy Green." We had a great time. This was our "Last Monday Outing" before school begins Monday. However, I'm taking them Thursday night to Meet the Teachers Night.

I did well with my week commitment today. One day down--6 to go. Life is good.

I like the idea of twice a month. But whatever everyone wants, is fine with me. I just want to be able to chat here with ya'll.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:39 PM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

I love the 1st and 15th idea....at least until we pick up on our activity again.

Jim has issues with his tongue again and I'm even too nervous to talk about it at the moment.

I went to the Doctor a couple of weeks ago and gained back 25 pounds of the 50 that I lost while not being able to exercise in the last 18 months.

Brodie is doing fine but we never know when/if another episode/seizure will happen. I'm doing tons of research to get him as natural/toxin free as possible.

And....I'm trying not to eat over ALL of it since I know it does no good but it has been my lifetime coping mechanism. I'm ashamed, scared, and miserable.

But today, I forced myself onto the treadmill for the first time in over 18 months and walked for 16 minutes at 1.5 mph. Not much for anyone but HUGE for me. I iced my heel and now am getting ready to make a grocery list for Jim so I can cook for us today and tomorrow.

The hardest part will be changing my tracker. I was so proud.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-21-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #6  

Pam the pancakes sound great
Vickie-- keep us posted. Sorry about the setback..You have had lots of stress and its hard to diet with stress..

I got back last night from my mountain trip..Spent time Sun & Mon with my
oldest boy that goes to Appalachian State University. I met his girlfriend for the first time. What a doll !!

I am ready to sell here and rent a cabin in the mountains while I figure out the rest.. Since I am moving & starting work anyway, it makes sense to try it there and see if I want to stay or move back to the big city..I just seem in my element in the mountains..Don't know if I will be brave enough but this seems the time in my life to try it. All my friends love the Boone area, so I think they would all come to visit and I'd still see them.

So this week I am in "purge my stuff" mood. I feel like my stuff owns me ..
I am imagining a peaceful small cabin with a porch overlooking a river and
thinking about how much stuff I really want to move to my cabin...

Last edited by nancy237; 08-21-2012 at 06:14 PM.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I will keep you and Jim in my prayers. Tell him I'm thinking of him sending him good vibes. Don't be ashamed. I say be proud that you are getting back on track before regaining everything. You and I can regain quickly. We're a lot alike. Just hang in there and do what you know to do. We're here for you, too, if you need us. Give Brodie a big pat on the head from me. I hope his problems are over. Stress, stress, stress. What would we do without it? Do you think we'd be bored? (I could use some of that kind of boredom myself.

Nancy, a cabin in the hills sounds so good to me. I'm a country girl at heart; however, I do like to be close to a town. I wish you the best. We'll all be living your adventures with you here on 3FC.

I went to WW today and was amazingly surprised to find I had lost 1.6 lbs. I am at 180 on my way back to the 170's. Life is good.

It's raining today--one of those slow, all day rain kind of days. I'm loving it! (78* for predicted high today!!)

Hope you're all having a grand day.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #8  

Vickie, like Sandra says, don't be too down. At least you haven't gained it all back. Most people do. Just start agin and be proud. I'm so sorry to hear that Jim has more troubles. I know that must really make you anxious. Be proud that you got on the treadmill and do it again. It's hard to lose if you can't exercise....very hard. I know!

One of our favorite cafes had cheese enchiladas on special today and we ate them, and almost ate the plates! But, I'll be good the rest of the day.

I went to tap and walked through the steps and choreography. It was wonderful to be with the group again, after a few months of not working, and one month off from practice for everyone. My foot is now swollen to twice the size of the other one But, I have ice!

Nancy, I can imagine a cabin in the mountains, but don't get isolated...especially as the winter is coming and access to the roads will get more difficult.

Pam, I've made pancakes like those before and really like them. It's too bad DH wants his made from Bisquick

I did a little paper sorting in my study this afternoon. I need to just bring in the recycle bin--don't look at anything and dump it all!

I'm going to take a nap

Last edited by Tejas; 08-21-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:10 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, I'm glad you got to see your tap ladies today. Use that ice!

We had Mexican food for lunch today, too. We're enjoying cooler temps after several hours of a slow, steady rain. We got .9". It's now 68*. Life is good.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #10  

Iced my foot three times today...it's better.

We went out to dinner too! We met my niece and her husband and had a good chat. I had a vegetable plate and no bread.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Today will be a good day.

No walk on the treadmill for me today. I was awake in the middle of the night and my heel, ankle, knee and hip hurt on the left leg. I presume I walked funny on the treadmill trying to baby my heel spurs.

I cooked yesterday for the second time in a LONG while. I'm back digging through my old Core recipes and they are like seeing old friends. We had Chicken Strogonoff. It was delicious and I froze 2 more meals worth. The texture of the pasta will be lost when I reheat, but I think it tastes like chicken and dumplings the second time around and that makes me happy too! Tons of mushrooms and garlic. Served it with fresh green beans and homemade applesauce. We were satisfied. Of course, that's probably what happened to my leg. I exercised and then stood to do all that cooking and cleaning up.

I will try to walk again tomorrow. Right now I'm icing. Rhonda, you and are "foot" sisters for the moment. Jim has a Dentist appointment in a while to get fitted for a new bottom night guard which he'll have to wear for the rest of his life. He's ok with that though.

Nancy, lordy girl....I get too far out in the suburbs and I feel isolated! You sound very happy and sure of yourself so I say go for it. I'm glad you like your Son's GF. It would be hard on everyone if you didn't.

Pam, I make a cottage cheese pancake with oatmeal and I think it has splenda, cinnamon and egg in it too. It gets whirred up in the blender. It doesn't look like a real pancake but I loved it with SF Smuckers syrup on it. I used to eat it for lunch. Thanks for reminding me of another old Core friend!

Sandra, hope you're fully recovered from your food poisoning. I'm very proud of you for doing so well this week. 1.6 is outstanding! Enjoy the 170's.

So Rhonda, I guess you are quite ready for tap yet, huh? Maybe you could go and visit to keep in touch? I'm amazed that you went out to eat and just had veggies and no bread. Not something I've ever done. Obviously.

Thank you for all your support for my weight loss failure and thoughts and prayers for Jim and Brodie's health. It means a lot to me to have you all here. It was really hard for me to admit how I'd failed. For now baby BABY steps.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-22-2012 at 10:02 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #12  

morning chicks.

Vickie, hang in there girl. Just pick yourself up and move on. You can do this. I know how frustrating it can be.

Nancy, I'm a city girl. I love living out in the country but it's so far to the big city from here. I miss my shopping and restaurants being so close.

Sandra, woohoo, 1.6 is great. Our temps have been pleasant lately too. Such a nice change from the hot summer.

Rhonda, proud of you. I would have caved in and ate the wrong things.

I'm still very short of breath and the fatigue is happening more often. It's kinda scaring me. I had these symptoms before I ever knew of my blockage. I haven't been having any angina, so I guess that is good. I see my dr. on Sept 12. If I was having chest pains, I would call him but I'm not. He is usually pretty booked up so it's not easy to just call and be able to see him. Another concern is it might be my lungs, although I haven't smoked in 19 yrs. I'm n\hoping it's nothing. Maybe I'm stressed and don't realize it????

Gotta make a run to the post office.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I don't think what happened was failure. I'd call it a learning experience. I love reading about your cooking your CORE favorites. Sounds like you're "home."

Pam, I'm glad your appt is pretty soon but wish it were even sooner. If you're scared, you should try to get in before then. It doesn't hurt to ask.

We had lunch in Ft. Worth today with my brother at a place called Paris Coffee Shop. I did well. I had mesquite grilled chicken breast, pinto beans, and a tomato/zucchini dish--no bread or dessert. It's almost 5:30 PM and I still have 10 pts left for today. I am amazed at how many points I have left when I'm not eating much bread or any potatoes.
Tells me something for sure.

Rhonda, ice is a good thing, isn't it? Curtis is doing that, too.

Sloan, Maryann, Nancy, and Jackie, .
Have a good evening. I'll catch you later.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #14  

Help..I am gaining fast...

I think I may try a radical diet of protein one week and then add in veggies..
When I tried the medi- weight clinic diet I lost doing that.. I was surprised I didn't feel that hungry..Its similar to the induction stage of atkins and south beach. Week 2 i will add in veggies..

Wish me luck..I have really gained the last 2 weeks ..

There is a good job opening in the area I want to move to so I considered applying and figuring out a way to be there during the workweek and back here to keep the house up on the weekend. I think I could pull it off but it would be
a juggling act all year..I think I will just list this house and work contract work here that has no long term comittment.. Then when it sells I can make the move..
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Nancy, this summer, I was up to 153! Since cutting out all starches from my diet 3 weeks ago, I am at 144.8 Since we seem to be kindred spirits on our weight loss journey, maybe cutting out starches would work for you. The protein only then veggies would probably work, but I really miss fruit when I try to do that. When I started, I think I lost four pounds the first week. Hang in there!!

Vickie, good for you on visiting your "old friends" the core recipes. It never hurts to have things ready to eat in your freezer. Like we have all said before, you know how to do this, and you CAN do this. Don't give up!!

Sandra, sounds like you are hanging in there!

Rhonda, sorry the tap caused swelling. Foot issues are no fun!

Pam, call the doctor! Some people, especially women, do not have typical heart symptoms. The only symptom my DH had was fatigue, and he ended up with a stent. Please don't ignore what your body is telling you.

Hey to the rest of you chickies!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote