Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Weekend Chat 8/18-19/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 08-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7'

Morning, all. I woke up to rain this morning...ugh!! At least I don't have to water my plants outside today.

I was on vacation last week and super busy with work so I haven't been able to check in here. I've dropped another 3lbs and feel amazing. So it's 13 lbs down in one month, which feel awesome for me. I'm already fitting into smaller clothes again. My husband is doing this with me and, while he hasn't weighed in this week his total is -24lbs down. I'm so proud of him for doing this and happy he's doing it with me.

Have a great weekend.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Good morning all,
I answered a couple of posts in friday's thread and if you posted late, check back there if you had a question.

One of the topics was about feeling ill, getting extra hungry and weight loss stalling. Sometimes, we eat extra when feeling ill and weight loss stalls. This happened to me - I ate extra veggies and early on in my journey here didn't realize the full impact of this - meaning just how many carbs are in certain vegetables. At the same time someone else posted a list of carbs in veggies we eat - how fortuitous. Here is that post and while I don't know who to give credit to for this, I thank you - it will help others make better choices too.

My weight loss really slowed down last week - only 1 lb - so I was trying to figure out why. From those videos recommended by evepet on http://www.idealcoaching.tv/video-samples.html I think I am one that needs the low end of the carb allowance (25 - 40g/day) to lose weight. And remember that the total daily allowance INCLUDES carbs you get from your IP products. So, my plan is to forego restricted IP products this week, and to choose veggies on the lower end of the carb spectrum (net carbs). I found I was loving those rutabaga and turnip fries, but they are on the high end for carbs.

Another helpful link from the idealcoachingtv site is
http://nutritiondata.self.com/ Click on "Foods by Nutrient" then there are several ways you can search. I came up with the following reference for myself (most are 'raw' measurements). Having a digital food scale to weigh by grams would be very helpful for things not easily measured in a "cup":

Asparagus (1c, 134g) 5 carb - 3 fiber = 2 net carbs (3g sugars)
Broccoli (1c, 91g) 6 carb - 2 fiber = 4 net carbs (2g sugars)
Brussel Sprouts (1c, 88g) 8 carb - 3 fiber = 5 net carbs (2g sugars)
Cauliflower (1c, 130g) 6 carb - 2 fiber = 4 net carbs (2g sugars)
Cabbage, green (1c, 89g) 5 carb - 2 fiber = 3 net carbs (3g sugars)
Celery (1c, 100g) 3 carb - 2 fiber = 1 net carb (2g sugars)
Cucumber w/peel (1c, 133g) 3 carb - 1 fiber = 2 net carbs (1g sugars)
Green beans, cooked (1c, 125g) 10 carb - 4 fiber = 6 net carbs (2g sugars)
Kale, fresh (100g) 10 carb - 2 fiber = 8 net carbs (0 sugars)
Mushroom, portabella (100 g) 5 carb - 2 fiber = 3 net carbs (2g sugars)
Mushroom, white (1c, 70g) 2 carb - 1 fiber = 1 net carb (1g sugars)
Onion, raw (1c, 160g) 15 carb - 3 fiber = 12 net carbs (7g sugars)
Red bell pepper (1c, 149g) 9 carb - 3 fiber = 6 net carbs (6g sugars)
Rhubarb (1c, 122g) 6 carb - 2 fiber = 4 net carbs (1g sugars)
Rutabagas (1c, 140g) 11 carb - 4 fiber = 7 net carbs (8g sugars)
Sauerkraut (1c, 142g) 7 carb - 4 fiber = 3 net carbs (3g sugars)
Snowpeas (1c chopped, 100g) 7 carb - 3 fiber = 4 net carbs (4g sugars)
Summer Squash (yellow/zucchini) (1c, 110g) 4 carb - 1 fiber = 3 net carbs (2g sugars)
Turnips (1c, 140g) 8 carb - 2 fiber = 6 net carbs (5g sugars)
V8 juice (note 1/2c, 120g) 5 carb - 1 fiber = 4 net carbs (4g sugars)

Last edited by Chloe222; 08-18-2012 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:07 AM   #4  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning IPeeps

Up and getting ready to get on the road again. DH is starting first as he can go and have breakfast at the goodl breakfast this Days Inn offers. Too many carbs for me though. Not like some motel's breakfast. Home made sausage and biscuits, make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, yogurt, 3 kinds of cereal, juices. He struggles with hypoglycemia, so I'm having to make sure he eats regularily. He's the type who will just go all day without eating if he's doing things. Something I can't even comprehend.

Another on the road protein bar, RTD, Subway day. I will be glad to be at the cottage where I can prepare things for "normal" eating.

Have a great OP Saturday.
Molly
Old 08-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Morning, all. I woke up to rain this morning...ugh!! At least I don't have to water my plants outside today.

I was on vacation last week and super busy with work so I haven't been able to check in here. I've dropped another 3lbs and feel amazing. So it's 13 lbs down in one month, which feel awesome for me. I'm already fitting into smaller clothes again. My husband is doing this with me and, while he hasn't weighed in this week his total is -24lbs down. I'm so proud of him for doing this and happy he's doing it with me.

Have a great weekend.
Me too - rain this weekend for us. It's my first day of Staycation, was hoping to have an outside day with the kids but it looks like maybe indoor mini golf is the way to go!

That's great you can do this together! My husband doesn't need to diet (he really needs to GAIN weight) but he's a type 1 Diabetic so the foods I have to eat are good for him too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPeeps

Up and getting ready to get on the road again. DH is starting first as he can go and have breakfast at the goodl breakfast this Days Inn offers. Too many carbs for me though. Not like some motel's breakfast. Home made sausage and biscuits, make your own waffles, bagels, muffins, yogurt, 3 kinds of cereal, juices. He struggles with hypoglycemia, so I'm having to make sure he eats regularily. He's the type who will just go all day without eating if he's doing things. Something I can't even comprehend.

Another on the road protein bar, RTD, Subway day. I will be glad to be at the cottage where I can prepare things for "normal" eating.

Molly
Have a safe trip!

Ugh...hypoglycemia stinks. Last night I called to say goodnight to the kids from work. My husband sounded really "off"...in a fog. My first question is always "when is the last time you tested your blood sugar?". Sure enough, he was down to 37! Most people feel the effects of hypoglycemia in the 60's and 50's...30's is scary - and he's one of those freakish people that is totally lucid, talking to you down into the 20s when others would be practically unconscious. Thank goodness I work right across the street from home and could come home and be with the kids until we got his numbers back in a normal range.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:28 AM   #6  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Good morning IPeeps

Molly
You two are Road Warriors! Have a safe trip.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #7  

Quote:
Good morning IPeeps

Molly
Maybe that retirement vehicle needs to be a motor home or trailer, as much as you're on the road!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #8  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Whoo-Hoo!! Phase 3 here I am! It was worth the wait...I set up a peach bread pudding to soak overnight - and I ate every bite, it is a huge amount of food though. Good thing I have a long day shopping at the outlet mall to burn it all off! I've been obsessing and pouring over Phase 3 breakfast recipes for a few weeks now, waiting to earn this payoff and it tastes even better!

I was thinking last night about the folks who find themselves struggling to continue due to the 'blahs'. I had a time where I started loosing focus - had a little more protein, a little looser with my veggie measurements - and came on here and found others in the same boat (Cadu, etc) and we resolved to tighten ship and continue on. It feels reallly great to be finishing this up and going into Maintenance feeling Great, not 'good enough'. It's fantastic to change your goal weight if you find you are truly happy where you are at, but please - Be HAPPY! TRULY HAPPY! Part of this whole process was breaking through the old ways to reach your goal and prove to yourself that you can do it!

All right - off the soap box. I just really want everyone to be successful! You can reallly, truly, 100% honest reach that unattainable place you never thought possible (in my case, size 1/2...lol). Don't give up on yourself!!!

Last edited by LizRR; 08-18-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:19 AM   #9  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
My weight loss really slowed down last week - only 1 lb - so I was trying to figure out why. From those videos recommended by evepet on http://www.idealcoaching.tv/video-samples.html I think I am one that needs the low end of the carb allowance (25 - 40g/day) to lose weight. And remember that the total daily allowance INCLUDES carbs you get from your IP products. So, my plan is to forego restricted IP products this week, and to choose veggies on the lower end of the carb spectrum (net carbs). I found I was loving those rutabaga and turnip fries, but they are on the high end for carbs.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/ Click on "Foods by Nutrient" then there are several ways you can search. I came up with the following reference for myself (most are 'raw' measurements). Having a digital food scale to weigh by grams would be very helpful for things not easily measured in a "cup":

Summer Squash (yellow/zucchini) (1c, 110g) 4 carb - 1 fiber = 3 net carbs (2g sugars)

THANKS SO MUCH.... this is just what I needed. I'm thinking that I need the lower carb end too, but had no clue how many I should eat etc. I just looked at my milk I add to my coffee and see that a c. is 12g carbs. I always just splash in milk -- more than the recommended amt as I love my coffee. I'm going to be "carb counting" today to see how much I actually have been having to see if that's the problem. Your time for this post is appreciated!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:30 AM   #10  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
THANKS SO MUCH.... this is just what I needed. I'm thinking that I need the lower carb end too, but had no clue how many I should eat etc. I just looked at my milk I add to my coffee and see that a c. is 12g carbs. I always just splash in milk -- more than the recommended amt as I love my coffee. I'm going to be "carb counting" today to see how much I actually have been having to see if that's the problem. Your time for this post is appreciated!
YES!!! Definitely be sure to specifically account for 'the extras', particularly if you find you have a stall. A 'splash' here or a 'taste' there can add up - especially choosing extras off the sheet. Have you tried using an EAS Carb Control Vanilla as your creamer? It has minimal carbs and is a great alternative to milk - or tried having coffee in a smoothie. I actually have my coffee in a Spinach Smoothie (sounds scary, tastes delicious) with 2c iced coffee, preblended with 1c Spinach, 1c Lettuce for 2 minutes then mixed 20 seconds with IP Chocolate Drink. I had my 2nd cup of veggies at lunch.

Last edited by LizRR; 08-18-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post

Have a great weekend.
Congrats on the loss!!!!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
Good morning all,
I answered a couple of posts in friday's thread and if you posted late, check back there if you had a question.

One of the topics was about feeling ill, getting extra hungry and weight loss stalling. Sometimes, we eat extra when feeling ill and weight loss stalls. This happened to me - I ate extra veggies and early on in my journey here didn't realize the full impact of this - meaning just how many carbs are in certain vegetables. At the same time someone else posted a list of carbs in veggies we eat - how fortuitous. Here is that post and while I don't know who to give credit to for this, I thank you - it will help others make better choices too.

Thanks so much for sharing...definately something to consider!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #13  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! Fabulous weather here in Illinois - 70s today. We deserve it after a bunch of days in the 100s not too long ago!!

My house smells like APPLE PIE!! I took Scorbett's advice about trying deyhdrated jicima chips with cinamon and splenda - can't wait until they're done!

I did notice, though, that this jicima is not as sweet as the one I got last week. It is bigger. Does anyone know if size matters (with repsect to jicima)?? Any advice would help as I head off to the store later...

Weigh in #5 on Monday and feeling good about it!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:57 AM   #14  

Quote:
Good morning IPeeps

Molly
Have a safe trip today! Like you, I'll be staying at a hotel tonight with my girls...so I'll be packing IP! I have to laugh about your husband's tendency to skip meals if working...my husband can do the same. Just how can they do that?
Old 08-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Whoo-Hoo!! Phase 3 here I am! It was worth the wait...I set up a peach bread pudding to soak overnight - and I ate every bite, it is a huge amount of food though. Good thing I have a long day shopping at the outlet mall to burn it all off! I've been obsessing and pouring over Phase 3 breakfast recipes for a few weeks now, waiting to earn this payoff and it tastes even better!

I was thinking last night about the folks who find themselves struggling to continue due to the 'blahs'. I had a time where I started loosing focus - had a little more protein, a little looser with my veggie measurements - and came on here and found others in the same boat (Cadu, etc) and we resolved to tighten ship and continue on. It feels reallly great to be finishing this up and going into Maintenance feeling Great, not 'good enough'. It's fantastic to change your goal weight if you find you are truly happy where you are at, but please - Be HAPPY! TRULY HAPPY! Part of this whole process was breaking through the old ways to reach your goal and prove to yourself that you can do it!

All right - off the soap box. I just really want everyone to be successful! You can reallly, truly, 100% honest reach that unattainable place you never thought possible (in my case, size 1/2...lol). Don't give up on yourself!!!
LizRR, thanks for the inspiration! I really love reading your posts...it just really gives me something to look forward to in later phases. ESP. After reading your breakfast this morning! Yum, and congrats...you've earned it girl!!
Closed Thread