Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 07:16 PM   #1  

Default help! need distraction to keep from eating...

Hi,

I was called for jury duty today (and tomorrow). I was so bored waiting around, that I just ATE. There is a vending machine right in the waiting room, where we're stuck for HOURS. I bought plenty to read with me, but still just kept eating. HELP! I wish I did needlework or knitting or something else to keep my hands busy tomorrow (and possibly Thursday-Friday) I exercised this morning, and will do so tomorrow, but if I sit around stuffing my face all day, it won't make any difference.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Sherry
Old 04-08-2003, 07:39 PM   #2  
Gonna fly now!

S/C/G: 280/280/150

Height: 5'6

Hey Sherry!

I don't know if you'd like something like this, but a new GameBoy advance has just come out and it can be addicting!

Plus, you could bring favorite magazines (Woman's World has got a wide variety of articles that are always interesting), some stationery & pens to catch up on correspondence, write bills, balance checkbook, write a Spring "To Do" list, for the week and for the month, a walkman to listen to your favorite music.

Or hey, how about getting the whole group to do aerobics with ya? Just joshing of course, but it would be a way to get in exercise for the day! *smiles*

Hope this helps!
Old 04-08-2003, 09:13 PM   #3  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

you could yell out "wow, does that guy look guilty" and I'm sure you will be excused from jury duty all together.

seriously, if you are bored reading a book, maybe try some cross word puzzles or other games.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:23 PM   #4  

hehehe Matt you're hilarious!!!

Take an old fat picture of yourself with you and everytime you look at the vending machine, look at the picture, laugh, give the machine the finger and say "I win again!"

I do have one that works when you're at home tho......

If you're going to eat something you shouldn't, eat it naked in front of a full length mirror! Guaranteed you'll put it down.
(my dh caught me doing this one day and he still thinks I've lost all my marbles!)

Elaine
Old 04-08-2003, 11:28 PM   #5  

I think that you should go Matt's route, and bring in a noose. Don't be afraid to tell your philosophy, "Hang 'em all".

Actually, have you tried gum? It always seems to help me.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:15 AM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Matt! ROTFLMAO!
Old 04-10-2003, 09:03 AM   #7  
**No Excuses**

Matt- Where were you 3 months ago when I had duty?? LMAO.

Suzi- You have had some great responces, so here is another one, I dont know how it works compared to the others, but have you thought of journaling or writing? When you feel a snack attack coming on, take a toothbrush and brush those pearly whites. Even if you do give in, maybe you could work in some extra exercise, like taking stairs instead of the evelvator. Just remember, anything is better than nothing.
Old 04-10-2003, 01:03 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Matt's idea rocks, as does Meembo's idea of giving the machine the finger.

I would suggest some Sugarless Bubble Yum to keep your mouth busy. Also, if you try & blow big enough bubbles, maybe they will tell you your services are no longer needed, hehehehe.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:51 PM   #9  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

I am addicated to hand held Yahtzee! I can't figure out a game boy if you paid me too.
Closed Thread