PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #1  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

Default I have acne everywhere except my face

I've been noticing in the last year or so that im getting pimples on my shoulders,breast,back and arms. they use to not bother me so much but now they are leaving dark marks on my body.

And it seemed as my weight is going up the pimples increase.

but face has been spared. very strange.

anyone have on tips on keeping the body acne break outs to a minimum.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I think the suggestions are to treat your body like you would your face -- stridex or other acne treatments on where you're getting your breakouts.

The breakouts outside your face are a sign of testosterone levels going haywire. Have you had labs done recently?

And who knows, another motivator to keep losing weight!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #3  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana View Post
I think the suggestions are to treat your body like you would your face -- stridex or other acne treatments on where you're getting your breakouts.

The breakouts outside your face are a sign of testosterone levels going haywire. Have you had labs done recently?

And who knows, another motivator to keep losing weight!
I don't go to the doctor as often as I should so I haven't my testostrone levels checked. And actually my doctor never order any test for it. I think next time I will ask her.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #4  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

Neutrogena makes an acne body wash that works pretty well...I haven't used it recently, but I did in high school (swimming gave me nice, dry skin because of all of the chlorine, which seemed to trigger back flare-ups). Breathable fabrics are good too, since sweat tends to exacerbate acne. I'm jealous that your face stays clear...I tend to get nasty cystic acne on my lower face during PMS and am currently washing my face and smearing on medication every few hours >.<
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #5  

I use a bar soap made by a company called Carly's Clear and Smooth. When I first found them it was in a search for solutions to my severe rosacea and cystic acne. They have an acne scrub that is for face and body, I used the scrub and the soap for the first several months then I found that I did not need the scrub anymore and now just use the soap. Everything that I buy from a pharmacy (non-prescription) or grocery store even Neutrogena, causes me to have a breakout. Apparently many people are sensitive to the chemicals found in almost all skincare products that have a shelf life long enough for regular stores. I highly recommend trying a natural product, benzoyl peroxide is in the scrub at two different strengths and all of their products are better kept refrigerated. I am sure there are other companies out there that have the same type of products, I am not trying to sell this particular one, I am just letting you know that it virtually eliminated the large deep cystic red breakouts that I had on top of a nearly beet red rosacea face, and I no longer get any type of breakouts on my upper arms or back. If you want their web-site info, let me know. (My face still reddens with my cycle as the androgens ebb and flow, but not nearly as bad and no lumps.)
sheski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 PM   #6  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Check what your personal products. The skin is the largest organ and PCOS people have endocrine disruption enough without bringing more in via chemicals in personal products.

Ditto cleaning products -- what do you clean the bathroom with? Because hot steam releases all that and you are in a cloud of it when you hot shower/hot bathe -- not just when you clean.

Ditto food you eat -- hormones in food you do not need wacking up your own hormones further.

Are you on BCP? Which kind? Some are not as good as others for PCOS people.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...ills-pcos.html

I use Kiss my Face Rosemary shampoo but I can build up with the eczema/psoriasis thing close to TOM and then have to change to something more dandruffy.

But dealing with symptom is not STOPPING root cause. Do get a check up.

I see my endoc every 3-4 mos to run labs and see where I'm at with my PCOS/IR/hypothyroid/syndrome X. We all present in one of 5 ways so knowing YOUR presentation helps know how to manage the bits that are wacky.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pcos...tient-you.html

Hang in there!

A.

Last edited by astrophe; 08-22-2012 at 08:14 PM.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Yes this is me. I get acne typically everywhere but my face. Pimples all over my neck, arms, chest, boobs, below my boobs. Products can help clear them up a bit faster but I know it's hormones causing it so we need to focus on the root of the problem!
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote