100 lb. Club - Dreams

View Full Version : Dreams

1fralick
03-06-2001, 05:12 AM
There are many things that I choose not to do because of my weight and size. Many are pretty self explanitory but I also have dreams of things I'd like to do when I get thin. Or things that would be OK to do if I wanted to not because I am fat.

My dreams include

Buying something at Victoria's Secret and then wearing it. I want to be in there and have the clerk not think that I am buying a gift for someone else or roll her eyes because I am in there.

I want to wear an underwire bra w/o the wires poking me in the eyes from my stomach.

I want to wear a backless and sleeveless top, dress or gown.

I want to wear my tops tucked in, maybe w/a belt!!!

I want to shop in the regular size section of the store.

I want to wear a thong and have people/DH know what color it is w/o telling them. LOL

I want to wear a 2 peice bathing suit just once before I die.

I want to wear a short skirt.

I want to feel normal .

PS. Looks like I've got an underware issue to addressLOL

What are everyone else's dreams?
Pat
272/268/175
SPD 263
Started 1/01

veggie
03-06-2001, 05:59 AM
I haven't been swimming since school and I used to love it I know I should just be brave and do it but just to feel happy in a swimming costume would be bliss for me.

Last time I went on a fairground ride was years ago with my brother we both had to squeeze through the turnstile I'd like to do that with no bother at all.

One of my dreams is going in Evans which is the main 'big size' shop in England and not having to get the clothes right at the back of the rail! Hopefully this one is coming true right now!

SusanF
03-06-2001, 07:41 AM
Mine are:

I want to go into a store and buy clothes in the regular department

I would love to go swimming again, I haven't been since I was a teenager. I love the water but there is no way I'm putting on a swimsuit right now.

I would like to be able to walk distances without getting out of breath and feeling like my legs were going to fall off.

Susan

DNR
03-06-2001, 09:55 AM
Here's what I dream about:

I want heads to turn. I want DH to be just a little bit envious when another man checks me out.

I want to look in a mirror when I walk past and smile.

I want the sound of my legs rubbing together when I walk to stop!

I want people who haven't seen me in a long time to say "WOW"

I want to buy a size 12 and my husband to be able to go into a store and buy me something instead of me saying "let me try it on first"

I want to be able to say "I've done everything I've set my mind to do" - I quit smoking 10 years ago, I raised a child as a single mother, I have obtained a decent job, I'm going to school to continue my education now, I have a new house - I have basically accomplished everything I have wanted to do, except for this weight thing. To be at my goal would be awesome!

All of these things are GOING TO HAPPEN!

DNR

canadianchick
03-06-2001, 10:49 AM
I dream:

1) I can wear a short skirt without worrying how my legs look.

2) When I can consider myself "normal".

3) When I see my relatives this summer, and they can't believe how much weight I have lost.

4) When I don't constantly think about food.

SusanTaw
03-06-2001, 11:57 AM
I dream....

1) going thru a turnstile without having to turn sideways.
2) shopping at ..any.. store I want.
3) hearing someone say.."have you lost weight?"
4) passing a construction site and hearing a whistle! LOL
5) being able to sit in any seat and be comfortable.

PhatNubianGawdess
03-06-2001, 06:05 PM
Rock on, I'd like to add a few of my own here...lol

1.) I want to buy jeans...REAL jeans, with a zipper and buttons...NO elastic...NO lycra, NO drawstrings...good old fashioned denim...the stiffer the better :-)

2.)I want to be able to jog in my jogbra...without anything else over it...heh...heck...for that matter...

3.) I want to be able to jog...not walk fast, but to put some fire into it...

4.) I want to play at Discovery Zone again!! I used to go with my oldest daughter, and it was SO much fun...I'd probably pass out now.

5.) I want to hear my husbands low whistle of appreiciation, and TRULY believe he means it.

I've got lots more, but a lot of them have already been called out here... :)

spinksy
03-06-2001, 06:20 PM
I love this thread...........
Let me see what I can add:

(1) I want to wear leopard or any print I want -- on the bottom!

(2) I want to wear the sexiest, sheerest underwear and bras known to (wo)man!!!

(3) I want to sunbathe nude sometime, somewhere.

(4) I want my friends that I haven't seen in ages to exclaim over the amount of weight I have lost.

(5) I want my menstrual cycles to return to normal so that I can get pregnant.

(6) I want to wear my husband's shirts and have them be too big for me.

(7) I want to fit comfortably into movie theatre seats.

(8) I want to know I have control over my eating habits.

(9) I want other men to notice me -- even though I am very happily married.

(10) I want to wear a long, gorgeous, slinky gown for once in my life.

Great dreams girls .........this thread is one I really like.

Aberfoyle
03-06-2001, 06:50 PM
What a wonderful question. It's been a week or so since I last posted. I don't usually have too much to say, but this really caught my eye. I'm struggling...but I keep trying because:
1) I want to be able to cross my legs when I sit down.

2) I want to fit into the bathtub, without touching the sides.

3) I want to buy clothes that I like...not buy clothes just because they fit.

4) I want to be able to climb the stairs without huffing and puffing.

5) I would love to weigh less than my husband.

6) I want to live to be older than I am now.

7) I too would like to be whistled at by other men...even though I too am happily married.

8) I would like to bend over to tie my shoes without almost passing out.

9) I would like to be admired for having accomplished my goal of losing all this weight.

I CAN DO IT!!!! ONE DAY AT A TIME.

Abby......

sakk
03-06-2001, 11:10 PM
What a wonderful thread:)

Dreams:
*To Be Healthy, and to ensure my family's health
*To be able to purchase clothing in regular sizes
*To "fit in" with my sisters (I have five sisters, sizes 1-7/8) I do not need to be a certain size... but I have never seemed to quite be a part of the family.
*I want my children to have an active, energetic mommy
*I want to play basketball again. I play at home, but I'd like to be playing more in public
*I want to feel proud of myself... I want my children to be proud of me
*I want men to notice me! LOL!!
*I want to be able to put aside fears of diabetes and heart disease
*I want to feel comfortable at the city pool

Hmmm... I know that there are lots of other things!

Sandi
255/248/150
Start Date: 2/26/01

leenie
03-06-2001, 11:17 PM
This is a great question. My dreams are to:

have beautiful, pretty, lacy panties again

not worry if I will fit into a chair

look forward to seeing people instead of being
embarassed

to have my husband tell me I look pretty and
really mean it

to fit into a great pair of jeans

to be able to walk the mall with my daughters
w/out feeling exhausted and ugly!!!

o2bthinner
03-06-2001, 11:37 PM
I just have a few more to add:

l. I want to undress in front of my husband.

2. I want to welcome my husband's hands roaming over my body, and not even think about the rolls of fat he now touches.

3. I want to pick out clothes because I like them, not because they will make me look thinner.

4. I want to meet new people feeling comfortable and secure with how I look.

Yvonne

Hell's Belle
03-07-2001, 11:23 AM
These are really great!

o2bthinner -- I can totally relate to your number 2...I feel so self-concious when my boyfriend touches my body. It is so hard to enjoy physical affection when you are constantly thinking about how unsexy you are.

Here are mine:

1) Jean size in the single digits

2) Be able to walk around naked in my own house, with the blinds open and not really care who the **** sees me

3) Dress my age rather than my weight

4) Not have to worry about heart disease and diabetes -- I am way too young to be worrying about those those things

5) Have the energy, stamina and lung capacity to walk all of those hills in San Francisco without having to stop and make my friends wait around for me to catch my breath

6) Make love with the lights on

7) Undress in the locker room at the gym instead of in a bathroom stall

Svetlana3k
03-07-2001, 01:44 PM
1) I want to be able to shop at the Gap, not at Lane Bryant.
2) I want to go to the movies and not have to have people *stand up* so that i can get by, and not feel self conscious that i'm sticking my rear out at them when i pass (it's true!)
3) I want old friends and family to ooh and ahh over me when they see the new skinny me :)
4) I'd love to weight less than my husband!
5) i'd like to feel "little" :)
6) i'd like to be healthy and more energetic...

242/225/135
220 by SPD

mitziex6
03-07-2001, 03:05 PM
Ok here goes

1) I am really into clothes so shopping at a "regular" store. Especially Victoria's Secret.

2) Going to the beach and not worrying about being the fattest person there.

3) Not worrying about my health so much. I really worry about becoming diabetic or high blood pressure.

4) Just plain old feeling good about myself.

bonnieangel
03-07-2001, 06:06 PM
I want to be able to wear a pair of Rockies jeans, with the shirt tucked in, a shirt that shows off some cleavage ;), ropers and a cowboy hat. I want to wear this outfit into the nearest honky tonk and have the guys whistle at ME when I walk in (and hope my husband is a little jealous for it).

M'Chelle

Nic251
03-07-2001, 10:09 PM
My dreams

Be able to shop in a regular size store
Wear a halter top
Be able to wear a bikini (may never do it, but want to be able to)
Want DH to be able to pick me up
Not have to worry about fitting in roller coaster seats
Feel healthy and normal

Nicole
251/214/150

mitziex6
03-08-2001, 10:31 PM
I thought of a new dream. I really want to take a tap dance class. I took tap dancing when I was like five years old and I always wanted to do it again. Maybe that will be my reward for when I reach 200. As long as they don't make me wear a thong leotard. LOL

karenwarren
03-16-2001, 08:34 AM
I can't believe this. I read all your posts and i am about to cry. I want to do a lot of the same things all of you do!

Sit comfortably in any public seat

Weigh less than my husband. When He says I look good I want to believe it (I think he really does mean it)

Have more fun at the beach and not be wearing a skirt over my suit. I always look around to see if I am the fattest! I don't wnat to do that anymore! We live near the beach and I want to enjoy it!!

Buying clothes in Victorias Secret is one of my biggest goals. I think of it everytime I walk past a store. It was so nice to see others want to shop there as well. Is till hve my wedding nightie from there in my closet. I want it to fit!

Also, wearing a pair of pants somewhat tight and looking good in them. I want to wear clothes that are stylish instead of ones that just fit. Plus size clothes aren't as nice looking.

good luck with the goals everyone!!!

Hell's Belle
03-16-2001, 12:29 PM
I want thighs that don't rub together ...... and I would like to shop at Victoria's too :D

Jen
03-17-2001, 05:11 PM
I have some clothes from when I was in high school that I want to wear again. A couple of blouses and these fantastic jeans. Also I'd love to be able to wear a bikini!! I can't remember when I last wore a 2 piece bathing suit. I'd like to get through a summer without an episode of heat rash because of fat thighs rubbing together.

karenwarren
03-19-2001, 08:31 AM
I wanted to add one more dream to my list.

I want to have a family protrait done.

I haven't had one yet and my 1st child will be 4 years old in cotober. I always felt so fat that I didn't want one done. My husband has pictures of our boys on his desk at work but none of me. He begged me to give him one but I just couldn't bear the thoguht of all those people looking at it. I gave him our wedding photo but that was it. We have been married for 4 years and no nice photos of us. I should reach my goal before our next anniversary so I will schedule one then. I can't wait to have a photo of all my guys with me.
Karen

1fralick
03-28-2001, 05:24 AM
I hope you all don't think I am conceited but I didn't want to lose "my dreams" so I am bringing this one up
Pat

bonnieangel
03-28-2001, 04:30 PM
Pat - you aren't being conceited. This is a terrific thread.

I want to, for once in my life, feel "normal" if there is such a thing. All of my life I have been the chunky, chubby, fat girl. I would love for the first time in my life to be seen in a positive light.

M'Chelle
286/278/150
269 by Easter

barbygirl43
03-31-2001, 10:51 AM
I hadn't posted to this just yet, because I have almost everyone of the same goals as you all victoria's secret, "Normal" clothes sections, etc.
But, I thought of another one to add to the list.
I would love to be able to go into a public restroom and not have to worry if I am going to have to "contort" my body to get out of the stall all the while hoping no one else is in the restroom to watch the fiasco.

Another addition to my dreams is a homemade quilt. I saw this in an old quilting book. I'm going to take all my really "Fat" clothes and make a quilt out of them and put it on display. That way each time I see my quilt, it will remind me of where I came from and that I never want to go back there again.

Those are just a couple :)

:wave: Dawnyal :wave:

barbygirl43
03-31-2001, 11:55 AM
I thought of another one after I got out of the shower :)
I would love to be able to use a "normal" size bath towel and have it fit around me all the way without bulging open over certain areas.

Dawnyal

karenwarren
04-02-2001, 09:48 AM
Babygirl, I just got my larger size bath towels to fit around me. They are pretty big and never touched when I wrapped them around. You really hit a nerve on that drem with me!! I have some more normal size towels and they are next.

I keep thinking of new dreams everyday. Friday I was shopping at the Mall and I can almost fit into the normal size section. I got a snotty look from a slaes girl when I was checking out the size 16's in the missy dept. I am mostly in 18's now but I was buying an inspiration outfit.

So, I guess I have a dream that I don't feel like people are saring at me when I am shopping!
Karen

zwielicht_farfalla
04-02-2001, 12:47 PM
I dream of

1... fitting comfortable in seats on airplanes w/o worrying if belt will fit

2... being able to ride the rides at the theme parks in Orlando with my nieces -- some have those new harness type seats where a harness comes over your shoulders and fits into a seat belt thing at your waist

3. bicycling

4. not being embarassed when someone asks my size at Christmas time for a present

5. not having to worry about frail looking chairs or wicker furniture in friends' homes

6. feeling comfortable eating out alone - -ie. w/o feeling that spying eyes are noting what I eat

spinksy
04-02-2001, 03:33 PM
I love the quilt idea and plan to start one myself.
It is a really awesome plan.
I'm goig to start cutting squares tonight.

barbygirl43
04-02-2001, 07:12 PM
spinsky--> I'll find the book that has it in it tonight and I'll scan a copy and show you the idea. I've already been picking out clothes that I want featured and as soon as they get too big for me to wear I'm going to start putting it together :)
I've only made one other quilt and I patterned that after that quilt on step mom. I didn't know how to make a quilt, so i just cut 3 inch squares out of a bunch of material and sewed them together. Then I just cut out all different sized squares and pieced them in. My mother loved it. I gave it to her for my parents 30th wedding anniversary.

Dawnyal

MercuryGrrl
04-02-2001, 07:43 PM
my dreams are:

1) to wear the "normal people" sized clothes

2) to be a beautiful bride one day

3) to have kids one day; grandkids too

4) to be healthy

5) do great minds think alike or what :) Victorias Secret...maybe even Fredericks if I get brave one day! I just want to have a bra and panties set that matches! also no more "granny panties"! i want them to actually look like they can be called "dainty" LOL

6) to not be embarassed when i go places with my friends (esp my guy friends); movies, theaters, anywhere...its a seat thing sometimes you dont want to be THAT close

7) this is a big one...not to wonder what my friends really think of me when they see another overweight person and comment on it (i hate that!!!)

i love this...its nice to actually "voice" my dreams and what i'm working for and to see what other people want!

go for the glory ladies!!

much love,
Merc

1fralick
04-05-2001, 05:48 AM
I think that all the posts so far are wonderful

I dream of my thighs not rubbing together and being able to go barelegged w/o a rash.
I dream of going to the beach/pool
I dream of high heals and a flirty skirt
I dream of a pierced belly button(I am shocked too)
Pat

1fralick
05-06-2001, 04:47 PM
I didn't want us to lose our dreams. Is there any one new who would like to add theirs?
Pat

sparrow
05-08-2001, 11:05 PM
My dream is to not have to concentrate on my size
before I go somewhere. I always have to think
beforehand if there is going to be a problem fitting in
a seat,or anthing else embarrassing.
Another dream is not to be the heaviest person at
work,in my neighborhood,in my class,in my family,etc.,
etc.

318/310/307.5/299 by Memorial Day

Fitbabe
05-09-2001, 03:53 AM
My dreams:

* To not be the biggest person in a dance class

* To be able to visit my 90 lb grandma without hearing her complain about my weight (unless she complains I'm too skinny!)

* To be back in a size 10-12

* To wear sleevless tops without feeling self-conscious about my upper arms

* To wear a bikini for the 1st time since I was 15 years old

* To go bungee junping without worrying about the cord breaking LOL

* To shock everyone at my 10 year high school reunion (luckily it's 5 years away!)

* To be able to go to a spa and have massages and seaweed wraps without feeling self-conscious (I think this will be my reward when I reach goal)

* To be able to tell people I've lost 100 lbs!!!!

Lori
240/231/140 (by Oct. 1, 2002 - 25th birthday)

AngieP
05-10-2001, 06:14 PM
These are a few of my dreams. Warning -- I figure I may as well be frank here, so some of this may be "Too Much Information!!" for some folks.

* to be able to play tag with my boys (ages 5 & 8) or horse around with them on jungle gyms

* to not have the "apron" my belly makes over the tops of my thighs

* to sit for a family photo portrait with pride

* to know I'll always fit behind restaurant booths & in dining chairs with arms

* to be able to hike in our beautiful Rockies

* to be "romantically" adventurous with my husband of 21 years -- at the moment I couldn't possibly swing from a chandelier without wrecking the ceiling!

Hope this hasn't offended too many folks!

Cheers,
Angie

barbygirl43
05-25-2001, 01:10 AM
bringing this back up.

nasus40
05-26-2001, 06:31 PM
I have been thinking about this for a while. I did not enven read it untill I felt like I was really back on the wagon. When I did I had a good cry. I have a dream----

I dream to--
*wear a 2 piece bathing suit without looking like a beached whale with a strip of cloth on it.
*enjoy the love making of my husband without thinking of my fat rolls getting in the way. (and have him not be able to keep his hands off me) Sorry if this offend anybody.
*to be the size that my body was meant to be, and not have any joint pain.
*to be able to jog and run without fear of an earthquake
*to be able to dance naked and not worry that he will laugh his head off.
*To have him jelous that other men are looking at me
*to actually buy something at fredricks of hollywood (i actually walked on the same side of the mall as the styore and dared to look as I passed. I almost died!!!) I want to buy a teddie that will knock his socks off :D
*to be able to wear any clothes off the rack and not worry that I look bad because I have the shape that all the other woman are jelous of.
*to cross my legs like a lady and not like a man
*to wear a tight t-shirt tucked in my jeans (single diget size) and not be as wide from the side as i am from the front.
*to fit an a movie seat next to my husband and be able to sit comfortable.
*I want to be like everybody else. to feel like part of the crowd and not to be thought of as the fat lady.
* most importantly is I want to have my husband answer me when I ask him what he thinks when he looks at me.

Sharon44
05-27-2001, 01:22 PM
Dreams do come true. This is what I am aiming for. You can add my name to the list of your dreams.
I moved south 10 years ago from Michigan. I have gained so much more weight that I ever thought I would. When I visit my Mom in Michigan twice a year I hope I don't run into old friends.
I am 100 pounds more than I use to be. My 30 year high school reunion is in 2002. My best friend moved to Florida from Michigan. She did not care that I was fat.
Barbygirl, I was waiting for someone to add the restroom thing. With the door going in I have to try and hold in my stomach to shut the door or use handicap stall.
Flying on an airplane is another thing. I have flown 3 times since Christmas to Michigan because my Mothers illness. Asked for the bulkhead seat. More leg and body room. You cannot ask for that seat until you get to the airport because handicap get them first. They are usually open if you get there early.
Another thing is to be able to pull the tray down in front of you on the airplane. Mystomach squeezes against it.
The Victorias Secret thing, I got on their website and ordered a catalog to pick out what I want when I get smaller.
Not to have my legs rub
To be able to cross my legs lady like
To be able to have my knees touch when sitting down.
To be smaller than my husband.
To have sexy clothes and look good in them.
To look good in a bathing suit.
To be able to sit on the livingroom floor without having a fight with myself to get up. Sometimes I feel like a ball rolling around trying to get myself up.
To be able to help others and give encouragement to others after I have lost all of my weight.
The quilt thing is a good idea, Barbygirl.
To be able to go to a buffet style dinner and not have everyone look at me and think they better get up there before all of the food is gone.
So much more.
Sharon44

Muin
05-28-2001, 11:25 AM
Hi I like this thread, and I'm glad its back..

1) Be able to go SCUBA diving without needing 60+ lbs of lead to get me under water.

2) to be able to sit comfortably in the bathtub and have my stomache be UNDER water

3) Wear cool young fashions

4) take horseback riding lessons. I'm afraid if I sat on a horse now, I would be charged with cruelty to animals LOL

5) To feel self confident enough, so that I don't think everyone is looking at "the fat lady"

6) To be healthier and not have to worry about diabetes and heart disease.

and.

7) To be able to go to a dance or a night club and get hit on by young skinny guys, instead of old men...
NOthing against old men, mind you, but I would like to be considered attractive rather than fat.

Fitbabe
06-01-2001, 03:35 PM
bringing this back up

1fralick
06-19-2001, 06:08 PM
just bringing this up

25_HOPEFUL
06-27-2001, 07:24 PM
I read EVERY dream on this site and laughed out loud and cried real tears. Many of us share the EXACT same dreams and how wonderful it is that we can share!

* I dream that I can take this "FAT SUIT" off. I can not believe I allowed myself to get to this weight and proud that I am doing something about it!

* I dream that when school starts again I will not be the fattest mom at everything!

* I dream that at this years company Christmas Party I will be able to have more that 2 or 3 dresses to choose from.....(and not be the fattest wife there!)

* I dream that when I walk past a mirror I do not get choked up by my reflection.

* I dream that when our 25th Wedding Anniversary rolls around in a couple of years I will not only have all my weight off.......but I will be toned and gorgeous and excited to take the cruise we are planning!

* I dream that WEIGHT does not have to be an issue for anyone because NOBODY WANTS TO BE FAT!

* You have all inspired me sooooooo much!

Fitbabe
07-02-2001, 05:22 PM
bringing this back up

spartanMOM
07-07-2001, 11:06 AM
HOLY SCHMOLY, WHAT GREAT DREAMS!!! :spin:

I read this thread yesterday... I hope ya'all don't mind, but I wrote down all the dreams you guys said that I have too. 4 WHOPPING PAGES!!! :eek: I printed it off and put it in the front of my food journal binder. Hows THAT for motivation?? And I
LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilt idea!!!

Anyhow, here were a few of mine I'd like to add...

> I would like to be able to wave my arm without slapping my face with the fat that droops from my arm!! And speaking of arms, I would be nice to get rid of the road map of stretch marks thats close to the pit!

> I want to go to sit in a chair and not have weight ooze off the chair on the sides!

> I want to eat a restaurant and when I order to not worry that the waiter/waitress is thinking I'm a cow for ordering a Appetizer, Main Meal, 2 Sides and a Desert! :nono: Cut it doens't matter what they think!

> I want to respond to personal ads that have "athletic" as a prerequisite!

> I want to walk down a hallway and when someone is coming the other way not to have them squish up against their side of the wall for fear of being flattened by me! LOL

I have tons more, but they have either been mentioned or I just can't remember em all at the moment! :rolleyes:

Anyhow, keep the dreams alive chickies!!!!

Spart

*Fran*
07-07-2001, 02:56 PM
Thanks for the question!

1. I want to bike across France.
2. I want to feel comfortable in a swimming suit.
3. I want to feel comfortable just in general without feeling judged because of how I look.
4. I want to go out dancing and know I look good and not worry about my feet or legs hurting.
5. I want to impress the people who know me with my amazing achievement.
6. The next time I move, I want to experience the weird sensation of being surrounded by people who have no idea that I was ever fat.

Thats what comes to mind right now.
:dizzy:

Casey
07-08-2001, 07:40 PM
Oh my... it's so good not to be alone in my dreams.

I dream...

of being able to fit in an airplane seat comfortably (without asking to sit next to dd and put up the seat divider.

of being able to walk again without pain

of being able to be interested in my dh again, instead of worried about how I look or feel to him

of walking by a group of teens and to not think about what they are saying about me

of getting back on stage in something OTHER than a character part!

of folks not remembering me so easily - they know me because I stick out.

of being able to sew something I want to sew... not just something because it will fit.

I WILL CONTINUE TO DREAM...
THAT HAS NOT DIED, NOR WILL I LET IT
AND AS LONG AS I DREAM,
I KNOW I CAN MAKE IT.

Casey
07-08-2001, 07:43 PM
Oh my... it's so good not to be alone in my dreams.

I dream...

of being able to fit in an airplane seat comfortably (without asking to sit next to dd and put up the seat divider.

of being able to walk again without pain

of being able to be interested in my dh again, instead of worried about how I look or feel to him

of walking by a group of teens and to not think about what they are saying about me

of getting back on stage in something OTHER than a character part!

of folks not remembering me so easily - they know me because I stick out.

of being able to sew something I want to sew... not just something because it will fit.

I WILL CONTINUE TO DREAM...
THAT HAS NOT DIED, NOR WILL I LET IT
AND AS LONG AS I DREAM,
I KNOW I CAN MAKE IT.

Karen
332/300/135

prism
07-14-2001, 05:19 PM
I dream of...

(1) biking
(2) running without flapping
(3) being able to sit in a theater and not bump elbows
(4) seeing my facial bone structure for the first time
(5) falling in love and not fear ridicule
(6) wear victoria secret of course!
(7) jump into a pool
(8) hike without feeling unbalanced.
(9) walk by a person without turning and stopping
(10)jumping out of bed with energy

Here's to dreams :angel: :angel: :angel:

savannahsmommy
07-18-2001, 12:25 PM
I dream of so many things...

I want to plan a trip and not worry about the extenders on the plane.
I want my daughter to look at me when she is in kindergarten and not be ashamed.
I want the other guys my husband works with, he is Air Force, to not life cuz he has the fat wife.
I want to buy clothes even in a 18-20 again
I want to feel as beautiful as my husband says I am.
I want to buy a bathing suit because I like it not because it fits.
Most of all I want to be alive and healthy to bounce my grandchildren on my knee.

;) :angel: :wave:

Gracenote
07-18-2001, 02:29 PM
Please please please keep this one going!! Even if you have a dream that someone has already mentioned, it is different to hear someone else say it! I have many many dreams. I've already made a list of them, so I will share them a little at a time.

I Dream that...

1. I will be able to cross my legs in a lady-like fashion when I am sitting down.

2. I will be able to fold my arms in front of me comfortably.

3. I will be able to reach more of my back in order to scratch it.

4. I will be able to see my female parts without the aid of a mirror.

5. I will be able to wear a skirt shorter than knee length and not constantly be pulling it down.

6. Joseph will be able to carry me.

7. I will carry around 130 pounds, not 200! I will feel light once and for all!

8. I will make a success web site with before and after pictures to inspire others.

9. I will wear a beautiful wedding dress on my wedding day.

10. I will wear sexy lingerie on my wedding night.

Keep this thread going because I have lots more that I want to share with you! If chose not to put them all now, though!

Thanks again for the great thread!

~Nancy

PhatNubianGawdess
07-23-2001, 02:52 PM
My new dream is to be able to wear low slung jeans with the whole t-back thong showing, like WWF's Lita...hehe, I like that look, and so does hubby :-))

up&down
07-25-2001, 12:40 PM
I just want my dreams about my weight to become a reality. They have been dreams for far too long!;)

Ruth

misskris
07-25-2001, 04:14 PM
I'd like to share my dreams too...

1. I'd like to wear clothes that aren't baggy, and bright colored cute outfits that stand out instead of dark, plain ones that conceal.

2. I'd like to fit in my jeans and boots again, go horse back riding, and not worry about my butt being wider than the saddle (LOL).

3. I'd like to wear a bathing suit (without shorts) where other people could see me and genuinely feel good about myself.

4. I'd like to fit comfortably in the seats at the movie theaters, and have room to spare.

5. I also wish I could go jogging without injuring myself or feeling completley exhausted after 20 seconds.

6. I would like for my 16 mo. old son to look at me (when he's older and speaking coherently) and say "mommy you're pretty", and know that he means it.

7. I wish I could let my husband make love to me with the lights on, and know that he's thinking, "damn, I'm so lucky!" (LOL)

8. I would love to fit comfortably in airplane seats and on amusement park rides.

9. I wish I could go to a night club with my husband having tons of energy and dance the night away feeling like the belle of the ball.

10. But mostly, I'd simply like to look in the mirror, and see someone who looked "just right".

Kristi
225/225(just starting)/140

LindaBC
07-25-2001, 06:21 PM
No more aching knees, feet and back.
To be able to reach ALL my body parts without strain, this includes that baby toe which is impossible to cut except with garden shears.
To be able to walk more than half a block without having to sit down and gasp for air.
To wear a bra that doesn't immediately curl up and cut into me the moment it's on.
To have people believe that it's really ME in the old photos I show them. (Gosh, what am I now, chopped liver?)
I have no desire to wear Victoria's Secret clothes but I'd love to have nice lingerie and clothes from the regular size racks.
To not take the doctors office waiting room chair with me when I get up.
To not fear crashing through those silly plastic garden chairs or folding lawn chairs.
The same desire to fit in an airline seat without fearing that everyone else in that row is cursing me and to be able to get the food tray past my big tummy.
To not sweat after the mildest exertion.
I don't want strange men to lust after me. Those days are gone forever I'm afraid, but it would be rather nice if my hubby found me irresistable.

Gracenote
07-30-2001, 02:05 PM
11. I will be able to hug my knees while sitting in a bath tub.

12. I will be able to wear sweats and look cute in them.

13. I will go rafting and be given a size S wet suit instead of a size XL, because I look it.

14. I will be able to accept compliments instead of reject them.

15. I will be able to walk past someone in a narrow aisle without touching them and bumping into them and being embarrassed.

16. I will be able to wear jeans and a belt and tuck in my shirt.

17. I will be able to buy shoes that fit, instead of buying them two sizes too big for the width.

18. I will be smooth and silky, not lumpy and bumpy.

19. I will have less surface area to cover when shaving or washing my body.

20. I will be able to find a pair of jeans on the clearance rack for just a few bucks.

spinksy
08-07-2001, 09:49 AM
Bringing this back up......it is so inspirational and motivating.

Carnation
08-07-2001, 12:09 PM
I would like to be able to sit down or stand up without saying, "ooof".:dizzy: Carleen.....

lucylost
08-07-2001, 06:46 PM
What a terrifc thread!

I, like so many of you, have dreams of being able to buy clothes I like, for reasonable prices, no fear of breaking furniture, and of feeling sexy or at least not repulsive!

Here are some I'd like to add:

1) Having people notice me rather than my body.

2) Taking rides from friends because I am no longer afraid that the seat belt won't buckle.

3) Eating dessert without people thinking I am on YET ANOTHER binge.

4) Trying parasailing or horseback riding once - cause I will be within the weight limit for once.

5) Looking and acting my age for once.

6) I would like to be more passionate in bed (currently uncomfortable about my body)

7) No longer having people confuse me with every other fat woman that works in my office. (Relates to #1)

8) Not being asked if I am pregnant.

9) Letting go of anger towards myself.

10) I too would like to go to a nude beach once! (It would have to be on vacation so I would never see the people on the beach again :) )

I'm sure I can come up with more. But this will have to do for now!

karenwarren
08-08-2001, 04:35 PM
I just wnated to update my dreams. I actually met one. I shopped at Victoria's Secret and a smaller size department! I am so excited I just can't wait till all my dreams come true!
Karen

nasus40
08-20-2001, 08:08 PM
I wanted to bring this up for the new girls

Gracenote
08-20-2001, 08:31 PM
Here are some more of my dreams...

21. I will be able to wear a two piece swim suit.

22. I will look so cute in workout clothes.

23. I will feel confident doing physical activities in front of others.

24. I will sleep more comfortably.

25. I will be able to sit on Joseph's lap.

26. When the time comes, I will be a cute pregnant lady, not a nasty pregnant lady.

27. I will have more ENERGY!

28. I will be comfortable sitting on an airplane seat.

29. I will be able to find anklets that fit.

30. I will be able to wear belly button jewelry (naval rings, belly chains, temporary tatoos, etc.). My belly button will be so cute when the fat is all gone!

2ofMe
08-21-2001, 02:11 PM
Dear Ladies:

All of your dreams are felt by me also. I would like to add this:

To go into a restaurant (fast food, like KFC) alone and after ordering a huge amount of food, not have the cashier ask if it is for "here" or "to go". (I've been left thinking: Oh sure, I'm here alone and I'm going to eat that whole bunch of food myself. I don't want to look like I could anymore.)

I want to be able to have the seat belt in the back seat of the car fit around me.

I want to find a bra (and pantihose) that are actually too big.

Annie

Eleni
08-21-2001, 03:08 PM
These are all fantastic.You all took the words out of my mouth.Any one of the posts could have been me talking.I can not think of anything else.We all have the same dreams.It does help to know we are not alone.

1fralick
08-30-2001, 07:13 PM
bringing this up

gbo
09-10-2001, 03:50 PM
I dream of the day .....
when I am graceful again
when I feel sexy and beautiful (at any age)
when I am proud to be seen
when I have made my Mother, Husband , Sister and Great Niece and Nephew proud of amy accomplishments.
when I can be more active in my community and for others
when I can finally buy that belly dancing outfit to wear for my Husband!
and most of all when I recognize the face in the mirror as mine.

Gracenote
09-14-2001, 12:39 PM
:)

31. I have an hour glass figure beneath all of this extra baggage.

32. I will not feel left out when shopping with my girlfriends anymore!

33. I want to wear Joseph's clothes and have them be big on me.

34. I dream of walking around in Disneyland, in shorts all day long without having a big, red, painful rash in between my thighs.

35. Walking around naked.

36. Sitting around naked.

37. Laying around naked.

38. Cooking naked.

39. Wearing, fitting in, and looking cute in a white fluffy bath towel around the house after my shower.

40. I will wear a "One size fits all" and have it be big on me.

~Nancy

P.S. I still have 18 more... and I keep adding to the list!

baskoflove
09-14-2001, 01:04 PM
My dream is to walk anywhere I want and not get out of breath. My biggest secret dream is that my husband could pick me up and carry me anywhere....

You have wonderful dreams and I hope and know that you will succeed!!! Keep plugging at it girl. Don't ever let anyone tell you you can't. Donna

1fralick
10-05-2001, 04:49 AM
bringing this up for the new people

gbo
10-10-2001, 01:33 PM
I dream of an arch tall and beautiful that has attached to the top
a swing with material encasing the chain and a beautiful seat comfortable soft and beautifully done with tassels. fowers on either side and to be able to go out and swing with my Hubby pushing me high into the air.

I dream of being able to play and be silly, to dance again, to feel totally RG (real girl) all soft and feminine. I can't be what I do not feel myself to be.

I dream of Hubby picking me up and carrying me any time he get the whim to.

I dream of wearing the clothes that makes me feel wonderful about how I look to me.

I dream of living life to the max.

I dream of leaving this life with few regrets and full of happy memories.

Gracenote
10-25-2001, 05:07 PM
Hello, here are some more Dreams!! Keep on dreaming ladies!!

41. Not getting that uncomfortable feeling when the subject of weight or obesity or clothing sizes comes up.

42. I will be able to say that I've lost 90 pounds.

43. I will wear clothes in the single digits.

44. I will be able to enjoy exercise instead of considering it a chore.

45. I will go shopping for dresses and find 7 or 8 dresses that I just can't seem to choose from!

46. If I am late to a bus, I will run as fast as I can to catch it. And I won't be embarrassed.

47. I will feel more compelled to take care of my appearance.

48. Toe rings on cute THIN toes.

49. Being flexible.

50. Being flexible in bed.

51. Being flexible enough to stretch deeply enough so that my muscles can truly relax after a tough workout.

52. Having a back and shoulders so sexy that they scream for a strapless dress.

53. I will enjoy getting pictures taken, and will be able to show them off to my friends.

54. I will spend only a few seconds adjusting clothes in the mirror, as opposed to 20 minutes adjusting, twisting, changing, and just criticizing myself.

55. Being able to cut my hair dramatically short without the fear of looking fat.

56. Looking feminine.

57. Feeling feminine.

58. Being able to find a bra that actually fits right.

~Nancy

paula1254
10-29-2001, 07:57 AM
When I reach my goal I will always be on maintenance; however, I dream of having one of my favorite foods once a month.

I want to be able to sing again without worrying about how I look, and when I sing, I want people to really notice me.

I'm almost 49...I want to wear young looking clothes.

When I reach my goal, I want to get a tummy tuck...I'll never have a flat belly otherwise (I've had 5 abdominal surgeries and need to have one more...then I will talk the doctor into doing a tummy tuck).

I want to wear skimpy shorts.

I live in Florida...I want to wear one of those cute little terry sunsuits and not be self conscious.

Too many tracks on my back (from surgery) to wear a bikini, but I'd like to think I could wear one.

I have big feet (size 10), but I want to be able to find shoes without getting the extra wide width.

I don't want to dream about DOING things...I just want to do them!!!

nasus40
10-30-2001, 08:21 PM
I want to live my life!

Jenniffer
11-01-2001, 03:00 PM
What a wonderful wonderful feeling it is to not be alone with our fears and hopes?!?!?

What can I even possibly add to this list??? Every single post is screaming my name..as if I wrote it myself.

I dream..but these WILL come true:

1. Tattoo!! (Part A) I dream of the day that I walk into the tattoo parlor and pull my pants down and my shirt up and tell them to tattoo my lower back and I won't be ashamed of the back roll..because it will be gone! I refuse to get this done now, I want to be able to show it off without cringing. I am aiming for December..
(Part B) To be able to wear hip huggers comfortably so I can show off my tattoo!!

2. I dream of joining everyone for a day at the beach and not dread ppl asking me why I won't take off my shorts. To want to participate in all of the water sports because I am finally comfortable with myself.

3. I dream of wearing anything without sleeves. But most of all that black lil sexy dress I keep dreaming of. Sleeves will be a thing of the past!!

4. To have energy, to be strong and healthy. To run, to join any physical activity I want and not automatically think of my weight.

5. BRAS!!!! My dream is to wear a bra and be comfy for once, without having to adjust constantly.

6. To look at pictures and not instantly have the desire to take a torch to it.

7. I dream to walk down the hall at work and not be thinking about my legs rubbing together.

8. To not cringe at the thought of what I could wear to "hide" my body. I want to wear any color I want and feel comfortable.

9. When the time comes in my life to make love to someone (it's been awhile!!) I want to feel confident, sexy, wanted and wild...and not think about what he is thinking about the roll that was just released. hahaha

10. And for now..the biggest dream I have...is to have any dream I have come true, to have the strength and courage to fight for it.

1fralick
11-22-2001, 04:53 AM
bringing this up

Karie
11-26-2001, 02:25 AM
What a wonderful idea!

I agree Pat, there are so many things that I have not done because I was self conscious about my size or because I thought I would look ridiculous.

I want to go skiing again and not be afraid that if I fall I won't be able to get up.

I want to go kayaking and have the boat be a tight fit.

I want to sit in an airline seat and not have my hips touch the person next to me.

I want to go to the theatre and not have to check the seating and the seat sizes before hand.

I want to stop worrying about sitting on a patio at a restaurant in case the plastic chairs are too small.

I want to see the definition in my arms and legs from my work outs.

I want to walk into a room and know I look good.

These are just a few of the things I am holding in my mind as I work towards my goal.

Thanks for providing a space to dream a little.

Karie

1fralick
01-20-2002, 06:38 AM
bringing this up

lorelei1
01-20-2002, 10:12 AM
I haven't done this one before (I don't think). Great idea, though.

My dreams:
To be able to shop in regular stores again. I used to love shopping at the Limited, Gap, etc.. heck it would be nice to be able to go to any store at a mall and have things fit, instead of just "womens" sections.

Not to be self concious about the way I look in a bathing suit.
(or undressed)

to not dread getting on a scale at the doctors office!!

to not hide from a camera when one is pointed at me!! ;)

to run up a flight of stairs and not have to catch my breath. (more physically fit).

to feel great about the way I look when I go to Bermuda this summer. Even though I wont be in regular sizes, I will be atleast a size smaller than I am now-and I can buy new clothes for the occasion-cause I will HAVE too!

lorelei

KathS
01-21-2002, 12:02 AM
Well, here goes...

-I dream of no longer feeling like a walking time-bomb, of heart disease no longer lurking in the shadows.

-I dream of getting up off the floor without having to call the National Guard.

-I dream of actually feeling good about the way I look.

-I dream of feeling sexy and knowing I look sexy.

-I dream of wearing clothes that reflect my sense of style. Of no longer settling for an outfit because that's all they had in my size or because it covered as many body parts as possible.

-I dream of not being held back or embarrassed by my weight.

-I dream of feeling great about my accomplishment and walking a little lighter because of it (literally and figuratively), being proud that I stuck this thing out, by golly, and made it!

-I dream of getting out from under this weight.

Kath
:)

canadianchick
01-21-2002, 01:20 PM
I thought it might be inspirational to others to post the dreams that have come true since I have hit my goal weight.

This is what I wrote on March 6th, 2001:

"I dream:

1) I can wear a short skirt without worrying how my legs look.

2) When I can consider myself "normal".

3) When I see my relatives this summer, and they can't believe how much weight I have lost.

4) When I don't constantly think about food."

These are my dreams that have come true:

1) At this moment, I am wearing a short skirt and my legs look great

2) I am at a normal weight

3) My relatives were totally shocked last summer and this past Christmas when they saw me.

4) My husband can now pick my up and calls me 'featherweight'.

5) I am more confident

6) I work out at the gym and look damn good in the tight leggings and tops.

7) I am healthy and ready to try to have a baby now.

8) I have the energy of a 16 year old.

9) I fit in any chair with room to spare.

10) I have definition in my arms and legs from lifting weights.

11) I am going to learn how to play squash.

12) I can go into any store to buy clothes.

13) I look younger

14) I can wear thong panties and lingerie.

15) Most important of all, I'm happy and because of that my family is happier.

I hope this inspires somebody....we can all reach our goals!!

Lianna:lol: :lol:

Karie
01-21-2002, 01:44 PM
Lianna,

What a wonderful gift you have given me! Congratulations on your success. You are right. It is a great thing to dream but to know that someone has actually achieved the dream makes it all the more possible.

I am just beginning the journey but I thank you for your inspiration.

Karie

canadianchick
01-21-2002, 02:34 PM
Good luck on your journey Karie. I know EXACTLY where you are coming from and though at times it may seem an impossible task to lose over 100 lbs please remember it is achievable and you are capable of doing it and realizing all your dreams!

Lianna

Mrs. Big Dawg
01-22-2002, 05:56 PM
My dreams are:

To be able to take a bubble bath and not worry about how I'm geeting out of the tub.

To wear red instead of black.

To not worry if the movie seats are big enough.

To ask for a booth instead of a table.

To shop at Victoria's Secret instead of Big Dog.

To stand up straight and see my feet.

To climb on the back of my husband's motorcycle and ride off with him into the sunset.

A lot of your dreams are my dreams too. Taking one day at a time we'll make them come true.

Carol

Gracenote
01-25-2002, 11:33 AM
I'm such a dreamer, and somehow I've managed to turn all the dreams I've ever had into reality. I am so determined to make this dream come true, and I am willing to work extra hard to make it happen. It will be an experience that I will remember forever, and because of it, I will not ever want to go back to being fat. When I reach my ultimate goal of 130 pounds, I want my husband to take me to Disneyland. Yes, Disneyland, Anaheim, California. Though I've been there dozens of times, I've never had the full experience. When I go to Disneyland (at 130 pounds of cute sexiness), I will wear short shorts and a tank top or a cute T-shirt, and we'll walk around all day and I won't get a rash in between my legs like I always have... I will have so much energy and be so childlike! I will ride on all the great rides twice, and three times for the very worthy ones like splash mountain. On the off-Disney days, we will go to the hot, sandy beach, with the the bluest sky and the brightest sun, where I will sport my never-before-worn bikini and very cute sarong (even though I don't need to cover ANYTHING, but I'll do it for my husband's sake :) )... Ooooh, I can only imagine how wonderful it will be, but I won't know until I'm there!! I'll tell you all how it goes, because I will experience it!

"Happy talk, keep talkin' happy talk.
Talk about things you like to do.
You've got to have a dream!
If you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?"

-Bloody Mary, South Pacific

Cheers,
Grace

Gracenote
02-18-2002, 05:41 PM
Bringing this up...

Sweetcakes73
02-23-2002, 03:24 PM
Very thought provoking issue you've opened:

My dream is on April 20, 2003-my 30th birthday as a matter of fact- to skydive. Just me surrounded by the beautiful blue sky, flying through the sunshine, with all my family awaiting to greet me on the ground. While I am advancing towards other goals-to dance salsa with the hubby-the sky diving is the one I truly crave. Why you may ask-I just want to feel alive and invincible.

suzie76
02-24-2002, 11:47 AM
I like this thread :)

my dreams are:

-to be able to keep up with my toddler-although by the time I achieve my goal, he'll probably be in kidergarden :)

-to shop in any store I want

-to not worry about my health

-to know I'll be here to see my grandchildren

-to wear shorts with a sleeveless shirt-I don't remember when I last did that

-to have a glamour photo taken-a tasteful one! my husband is always asking for me to do one-he's very sweet and doesn't care what I weigh

-to feel like people are seeing me for who I am, not for what I weigh

-to be comfortable in chairs at the movies

-to not be self conscious at the beach

-to get a family portrait done

-to food shop and not feel like anyone is looking in my cart-and I do usually have all healthy food in there!

-to wear a short red dress

I'm sure there are more, but that's what I can think of now

Sherry-who is starting her "healthy eating " plan again on 2/26 (the day after my birthday)

teach93
02-24-2002, 12:09 PM
I couldn't resist getting in on this one.

I would like to have people STOP checking out what is in my cart at the supermarket.

I would like to put on a swimsuit and get in the pool without people watching.

I would like my daughter to see her mother at a normal weight. I have set a horrible example. Thank God (and I do) that she eats reasonably normally.

I would like to stop worrying about whether my feet and ankles are going to give out by the end of the day.

While I don't know that I would wear much from Victoria's secret, I buy my daughter things there, and I find that the clerks will often wait on thinner people first (who might actually be buying something you know). However the clerks at our local one are quick to wait on my because they know I am a good customer.

Good grief. As I read the list I sound like a goner. I really am quite an upbeat person, but don't we all sometimes wonder what our first impression is with people we just meet?

Elaine

dentrassi
02-25-2002, 12:57 AM
What a great thread!!!!!

-I'd like to get off the meds (high blood pressure etc.)

-weigh less than my husband.

-be strong

-have my sweetie tell people he married me for my body :devil: :devil: :D

-be limber again

-know my 12 year old isn't just being sweet and protective when he says,
"Mom, you're not fat."

Jenniffer
02-25-2002, 10:32 AM
A dream of mine..

I will plan a white water rafting trip with excitement, not fear.

I will not "accidently" forget my swim suit. I will wear a bathing suit under my cute shorts and tank top. I will enjoy the day with my friends and family, and not obsess over how I look with the life jacket on. When the sun pounds down on us, I will take my shirt off and smile. And when we've worked too hard paddling, I will happily take off my shorts and jump in the river. I will smile and laugh. And not be near tears because of my body.
I will enjoy the day for what it is....

That is a dream of mine..

alohalei
03-02-2002, 08:02 PM
Sweet dreams.
I dream so much as we probably all do.

To fit into a desk at college without feeling a pain at the hips.
To be able ride a bicycle without the brakes screeching.
To be able to walk on a hiking trail and to reach its summit.
To be able to walk up a flight ofstairs without having to calm the painful and rapid breathing or pounding in my chest.
To be able to own in a pair of jeans at least once in my life.
To be able to go to work without people saying I am strong because I am fat.

We all have our own dreams. Dreams are lovely because we can design it and we have the opportunity to make it a success.

Good Luck to you,
Alohalei

BA99TJ
03-04-2002, 09:34 PM
I dream:

To weigh the same (if not a little less) as my husband (not 110 lbs more than him!)..
To be at the same fitness level as my husband so we can do more active things together..
To be able to put my seat in my car at the right height for my LEGS, not far back so the steering wheel won't hit my stomach..
To be able to TUCK IN MY SHIRTS over my flatter stomach..
To have a NOTICEABLE difference by the time my sister returns home from Italy after being gone for 5 months in July 2002..
To be able to shop in the REGULAR clothes section again..
To not have one more stretch mark not caused by being pregnant..
To be considered not obese, not overweight, but a healthy weight so that I can let myself get pregnant without worrying about health issues for my child or myself..
To be able to climb stairs without having an asthma attack..
To need to give away all the clothes my best friend gave me when SHE lost 100 lbs..
To be able to keep up with my active 7 1/2 yr old step daughter..
To not have to worry about comparing myself with my husband's skinny ex-wife and ex-girlfriend..
To have my husband think I'm sexy again..
To not have a rash on my legs anymore because they chafe against each other..
To never hear again "We've got a BIG girl in exam room 1".. or "if you just lost some weight that could help this.."
To become a Weight Watchers "Poster" child just like my best friend..
To not have anyone worrying about my health anymore..
To not have boobs the size of large cantelopes anymore..
To not have to wear an underwire bra anymore!!! (Even though my husband has says he doesn't want me to lose TOO much chest)..
To get rid of my double chin
To have people say "hey you look great!! Did you lose weight?"
To have people not recognize me when they see me again (after a long absence)..
To not be ashamed of wearing a bathing suit..
To see my belly button again..
To not have my arms flap in the breeze..
to be able to sit without feeling like I have a spare tire around my middle..
To be able to "flip" into tubes in the pool like I used to (impossible now because of my size)
To be the size I was in 11th grade again..
To not snore anymore..
To have my wedding bands/rings be able to come on or off without taking half my finger with them..
To be able to make concious healthy choices about what I eat without having to look up the points in a book..
To be able to RESIST THAT BROWNIE!! (But also know that it won't add 2 lbs to my scale-in)
To be a HEALTHIER SKINNIER ME!!!

Jenniffer
03-05-2002, 09:07 AM
Wow! I love these. I think anyone feeling a bit of discouragement should read all of these, every day if needed. They sure gave me a boost this morning!

Some more dreams of mine..

To know that I could borrow clothes from friends if needed.

To not worry about a lawn chair breaking.

To be able to walk into any store and purchase something to wear (VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO ME)

To donate the rest of my plus size clothes.

To be able to walk a marathon.

To plan trips to the beach or vacation and not have a panic attack over needing to show skin.

Not have that "back roll" or "belly pouch" I am always aware of.

To feel strong and healthy, to join the everyone at the family parties when playing vollyball or baseball.

To stand next to my two younger sisters, and not feel like the "old fat" one.

To not cringe when others talk about their weights, because I am so ashamed to talk about my own.

Duckie25
03-07-2002, 10:47 AM
I have to many dreams to list them all but here are some of the top ones

- I want to weigh 140 lbs and be able to eat anything I want and never gain weight, ( I know this isn't realistic)

- I want to be able to wear shorts and tank tops in the summer and sun bathe instead of hiding in the shade sweating to death

- I want to be able to go swimming with my son, in public I love to swim but would'nt be caught dead in a public pool.

- I want to be able to go roller blading and bike riding, hiking , sking anything outdoors.

-I want to be able to take a bath with my fiance, and feel sexy

-I want to be able to fit into lawn chairs and not worry about them breaking or how much of my butt is bulging out the sides.

-I want to look sexy and beautiful at my wedding, I want to have beautiful pictures.

- I want to have another baby, but not at this weight, I want to be able to sit on the floor and be able to play with them comfortably, I want to be able to hold a baby properly and not have my belly and big chest in the way.

gbo
03-08-2002, 03:11 AM
I dream of looking in the mirrior and loving what I see

I dream of sleeping without 10- 12 pillows gathered around me to keep me from moving just a little wrong
and causing me massive headaches, back pain, leg, pain, neck pain and so on.

I dream of seeing the pride in y husbands eyes at my accomplishment.

I dream of seeing the admiration in my own eyes!

I dream of more freedom of movement, taking care of my home as I would choose to , gardening, and so many other things.For all of the problems caused by my illness I know subtracting the weight would make a big difference to what I can do and how I function.

To wear clothes I love , no just what I can get away with, wear the hair styles I love rather than one that suit my weight better.

Be happy to see people rather than avoid them.

To not have my stomach knot when a camera is pulled out.

And on..... and on.... and on....
Pam

PNG 2
05-02-2002, 05:57 PM
I came lookin for this because I'm putting my dreams on my new webpage...thought I'd bump it up to the top :D

MysticPoet
05-06-2002, 08:47 AM
my dream? just to be able to walk down the street without having kids and their parents/parent/whoever stare and make comments. to be able to walk to my friends house without my chest hurting or having to wait 5 minutes before i can talk because im breathing so hard.

ummmm, to be able to see my toes and knees clearly without having to bend forward? *L* :D

Jennelle
05-11-2002, 09:32 PM
Wow...dreams....I wasn't going to post because while, I do have dreams, it's almost scary for me to "say" them out loud. 'What if I don't reach them?' is always my first thought. Well, **** with that! This time, I will, and by God, I need something to shoot for!

So here goes:

1. I want the girls in my class to stop making fun of my belly-roll/jelly-roll behind my back.

2. I want to be able to fit down the aisles without knocking books off of desks with my big ol' butt.

3. I want to fit back into my denim mini tank dress I bought from Frederick's of Hollywood (!) 8 years ago. (I've worn it twice.)

4. I want to walk into a room and make heads turn:devil:

5. I want to buy things 'cause they're cute, not 'cause they're the only thing in my size.

6. I want people to comment on my teeny-tiny waist, not just my beautiful smile or my waist-length hair.

7. I want to wear a skirt without having to use ten pounds of baby powder to keep my thighs from rubbing together and chafing.

8. I want to wear a two-piece bathing suit again.

9. I want to feel incredibly sexy and not have that feeling dashed to bits when I pass a mirror.

10. I want to weigh less than my husband!

Jennelle :)
On my way down....
SW: 242.5
CW: 227.5
GW: 140

Gracenote
07-06-2002, 04:22 PM
bump

KnCmamma
07-07-2002, 06:36 PM
~ I want to be able to go and buy a nice pair of jeans and it not make my fat roll up above my jeans(if you KWIM)

~ I want to be able to go out an shop for clothes and they all look great on me.

~ I want to have people checking me out and say "Wow now that lady looks great and is beautiful" or "Oh wow, I wish I could look like her"

~ I want my family(also extended family) to be astonished and very proud of me for losing all the weight.

~ I want to wear a 2 piece bathing suit(the ones with the boy cut shorts and tankini) and look awesome in it.

~ I want to have energy up to the wahzoo.

~ I want to be able to wear those bare midriff shirts(the ones that show the belly button).

~ I would love to look like the cartoon character of my avatar.

irishwings
05-19-2003, 11:38 PM
Hope it's okay with everyone, this is my favorite 3FC thread of all time. So I searched it out and decided to bump it, and see if anyone had some new ones. . .or heck , it's just an awesome read and great source of mental inspiration! Some great writers on the board!!!!

Jennelle
05-19-2003, 11:45 PM
wow - I'd forgotten about this thread entirely!

Everything still applies, except for part of number 6 (I no longer have waist-length hair)

Thanks, Irishwings!

gonzostar
05-20-2003, 12:29 AM
you know what's funny? i read this thread YESTERDAY. i decided to do a sort for the most replies and see what some of the biggest discussions had been. this was right on top. and i read it and thought about loreli1 and then she appears with a new name.

and then randomly, someone pulls this thread up.

I AM SO PSYCHIC!!! i am scaring myself.

gonzostar
05-20-2003, 12:33 AM
to shop at cute clothes stores

to be able to sit on people's laps

to do athletic things without dying and gasping

to look H-O-T!

to feel (and look) cute naked.

to not hear "you have such a pretty face" again.

to have people know me for me, not just "the fat girl."

to wear a bikini

to eat in front of people and not worry they're watching me and thinking "what a pig!"

to wear skirts without shorts underneath (cuz of the chafing)

1fralick
05-20-2003, 05:41 AM
WOW I sure needed a reminder. SInce starting this journey, I have lost some weight , toned and lost inches and now find myself with 20#'s to lose over again. Very frustrating but my own fault. The old habits weren't that far away.

SuchAPrettyFace
05-20-2003, 09:34 AM
Thunder only happens when it's raining.
Players only love you when they're playing.

(Someone had to do it!)

I will post my dreams later, but that ^^ was the first thing to pop in my head when I saw this thread's name.

gonzostar
05-20-2003, 10:39 AM
yay! stevie nicks!! that happens to be my favorite fleetwood mac song. =)

dowsx4
05-21-2003, 02:59 PM
Wow what an inspirational post! I have a few to add here:

1. To be able to carry my kids without feeling like i am going to have to put them down.

2. To be able to walk my son to school and not be afraid that i wont be able to make it back up the hill.

3. To be able to ride a bike without being afraid it will bend the tires or people will laugh.

4. To be able to go to a class reunion and be thin.

5. To be able to look in the mirror and see the same person that lives in my heart.

Sheila53
05-23-2003, 02:23 PM
1) I want to see hip bones.

2) I have a certain outfit that I always envision myself in when I reach my goal weight. I think it's totally out of style, but I'm going to find something similar enough to satisfy me.

3) I want to see muscle definition.

4) I want to enjoy going shopping and not be afraid to look in the dressing room mirror.

5) I want to get a family portrait taken, and not always avoid the camera at family functions.

6) I want to walk down the street, see my reflection in a window and smile to myself because I know I look as good as i feel.

7) I want to collect my goal reward (haven't quite decided what it's going to be, but it will be good!)

Sandi
01-09-2004, 12:11 PM
There are so many great things here...mine are much of the same.

I dream of...

Sitting with Jacob in my lap and having a place for him, no stomach in the way
Wearing a coral tutleneck sweater tucked into my jeans and look like a million bucks (I actually have them hanging on my bedroom door)
Playing ball with Jacob in the back yard for hours and him being the one to tire out
Swimming - I just want to not be embarrased.
I want to be able to go bike riding with my family
Proud of myself for my biggest accomplishment ever - reaching my goal weight.

1fralick
01-10-2004, 06:08 AM
I loved to read everyone's dreams. especially when they realized them!

pogogal
01-10-2004, 12:14 PM
These are all great dreams. I can certainly related to most of them. My own dreams include:

Being able to run without feeling like I am going into cardiac or respiratory arrest.

Being able to buy cute stylish clothes that look more like me than my grandmother.

Being able to walk into a restaurant and not worry about fitting into the booth.

Weighting less than my DH.

Seeing people I have not seen in awhile and watching their mouths drop open.

missaprylj
01-10-2004, 12:25 PM
Did anyone say "not feeling like a GIANT when standing next you your friends" yet?

And I don't want to be fat at prom and sweeties and my wedding (I KNOW it's far off, but still...)

I dream to look fantastic in formal wear ;)

SuchAPrettyFace
01-13-2004, 09:50 PM
I just read this whole thread & I have but one thing to say: What is the big deal w/Victoria's Secret? :lol: I only ever get jammies from there. Their bras have never fit me & don't think I won't remember that when I'm a hot mama! :D

Id like to go to the beach & not worry about what anyone might be thinking.
Id like to go back on roller coasters.
Id like to have well-defined arms, not batwings.
Id like muscular, well-toned thighs.
Id like to be more uninhibited in the bedroom. :o
Id like to know that if/when a relationship ends, its NOT b/c Im a fat girl and he is just too nice to say that to my face. :dz:
Id like to wear pants w/o my gut hanging over the waistband. (Ive always been an hourglass, this one is just too full!)
Id like to go clothes shopping in the regular sizes department.
Id like to have relatives I only see every 2 years to do double takes next time they see me & tell me how great I look.

And I'm spent!