Weight Loss Support - You know you've lost a lot of weight when...

mimsyborogoves
08-14-2012, 12:01 AM
your underwear that were not granny panties when you bought them BECOME granny panties because of how big they are on you!

I thought it would be fun to share these kind of moments; they feel pretty darn good!

Thistleberry
08-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Your tailbone hurts constantly! Or is that just me? :lol:

joyc21
08-14-2012, 11:04 AM
I have a demi-cup bra that now gives me full coverage.....Very sad.

DietVet
08-14-2012, 11:20 AM

LOL!

ringmaster
08-14-2012, 11:23 AM
I don't have to worry about my jeans being too tight after washing them, I now have to wash them to help them shrink back up.

Vex
08-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Your tailbone hurts constantly!

No kidding. I wonder if people that have been thin all their lives have this.

JossFit
08-14-2012, 11:40 AM
LOL, I have had ALL of these so far!

sontaikle
08-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Your tailbone hurts constantly! Or is that just me? :lol:

Me too! I used to never have to use a mat when doing floor exercises at my gym. Now I need one or my tailbone hurts!

mimsyborogoves
08-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Me too! I used to never have to use a mat when doing floor exercises at my gym. Now I need one or my tailbone hurts!

Gah, maybe my butt's just weird, but my tailbone hurts despite having a mat! I hate floor exercises for this reason -- it's always been like that, even at my heaviest.

krampus
08-14-2012, 12:31 PM
I need a donut cushion for the rowing machine or any hard chair.

Still have some of my granny panties. Don't know why...

SerenityDiva
08-14-2012, 12:34 PM
I've got the granny panties (which I think are cool to see LOL) and the jeans things. I used to hate to wash jeans because I didn't want to get into those tight things for a day (they do loosen), but now I am so happy it doesn't matter! The other thing is I've had to change pillows again. First I am like a freak when it comes to pillows, I have seven I use, but now I have to line them differently. And it's not the bed, it's only 2 years old.

mimsyborogoves
08-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Still have some of my granny panties. Don't know why...

Because they're comfy and you know it. XD

berryblondeboys
08-14-2012, 12:49 PM
When even in bad photos, you look better than you did in your best photos before you lost weight.

pixiefalls
08-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Gah, maybe my butt's just weird, but my tailbone hurts despite having a mat! I hate floor exercises for this reason -- it's always been like that, even at my heaviest.

Augh, I have the same problem!

Riddy
08-14-2012, 01:42 PM
I don't have to worry about my jeans being too tight after washing them, I now have to wash them to help them shrink back up.

Ditto!

Your shoes are too loose - I had to tighten the straps on all my Birkenstocks this summer. :D

ilidawn
08-14-2012, 01:45 PM
When your jeans start falling off and your underwear shows. It's a stupid look on guys and definitely not attractive on girls lol

Thistleberry
08-14-2012, 02:52 PM

I'm glad it's not just me! I have scar tissue right over the top so I was never 100% sure if that was the cause of the pain or if the scar tissue was exacerbating the problem. I'm thinking it's the latter. Either way, having a mat just doesn't seem to help much for me either. Whenever I'm in bodyflow and we're supposed to raise our legs to a 45 I opt out. I've got the core strength but it hurts my backside so much!

You also know you've lost a lot of weight when your rings fall right off your fingers.

mimsyborogoves
08-14-2012, 03:00 PM
I have scar tissue there too! I never even thought about scar tissue being the problem, but I guess that makes sense!

berryblondeboys
08-14-2012, 03:03 PM
I broke my tail bone during child birth and it was sensitive before. It's gotten worse with weight loss. I can't do certain yoga poses AT ALL from the pain.

mimsyborogoves
08-14-2012, 08:07 PM
I got another one:

You know you've lost a lot of weight when you can visually tell that you're bloated. :| That has never happened to me before today, lol.

berryblondeboys
08-14-2012, 09:06 PM
I got another one:

You know you've lost a lot of weight when you can visually tell that you're bloated. :| That has never happened to me before today, lol.

THIS is very true. I can see it in my gut, my face, my ankles. The most surprising is seeing it in my gut as it was always just BIG. Now I can tell if it's bigger temporarily.

linJber
08-14-2012, 10:05 PM
First - it's been my experience that the tailbone issue gets better. Not sure what happens, but it used to be horrible and now I don't notice anything at all. In fact, I had forgotten about it and your comments reminded me. I thought, "Oh, yea - my tailbone used to hurt."

Now to the original post: You know you've lost a lot of weight when you don't dam up the water behind you in the bathtub anymore!

Lin

AwShucks
08-14-2012, 10:06 PM
You know you've lost a lot of weight when you have to pull the driver's seat forward in your car and adjust the rearview mirror. I guess I'm not sitting on as much as I used to!

Garnet2727
08-14-2012, 10:10 PM
You know you've lost a lot of weight when you go to the restroom and pull down those formerly way too freakin' tight jeans...

without unbuttoning or unzipping them. Woops!

bronzeager
08-15-2012, 05:43 AM
Ditto!

Your shoes are too loose - I had to tighten the straps on all my Birkenstocks this summer. :D

Get new shoes in the right size! You're worth it! I developed tendonitis in one ankle for the first time AFTER i lost weight, and I'm pretty sure it's partly related to my continuing to wear sandals and mules that had become too loose.

carter
08-15-2012, 07:56 AM
You know you've lost a lot of weight when you have to pull the driver's seat forward in your car and adjust the rearview mirror. I guess I'm not sitting on as much as I used to!

I had this one too! My partner complained about it when she drove the car. "Did you move the seat or something?" :carrot:

Another one: I've discovered that I like to fold my arms behind my back - that is, I sort of reach around behind my back with my left arm and grab my right elbow. This seems to be my default standing position, such as when I am waiting in line for something or standing around at a party or a club. Isn't that weird? 115 pounds ago I could not have dreamed of standing in this position and now I just do it without thinking.

Kayriel
08-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Your wedding ring falls off. I've taken to wearing mine on my middle finger and taken to telling myself that it'll fit again when summer comes back to Sydney. They'll probably have to be resized though.

LeilaJey
08-15-2012, 10:02 AM
When you hurt your arm by banging it off of your hip bone.. wtf?!

I can also see the bloat now. Well I can just see a difference between when I wake up and after I've eaten a meal.. before it was big or big but harder to suck in.

kateleestar
08-15-2012, 10:41 AM
Oh, so many of these things, lol...

Tailbone, check. Jeans, check. Fresh outta the dryer is actually a better option, at this point, lol.. and LOL at the 'dam of water' in the tub, check.

Fitting into movie theater seats, not needing to be the one on the end in rows.. So many things.

It took me about 80lbs to have to change undie sizes, lol.. I'm weird.

LockItUp
08-15-2012, 01:18 PM
You know you've lost a lot of weight when you are walking into a store and are horrified seeing a smaller person wearing the same exact outfit as you and then as you get closer realize it's your own reflection.

This has happened to me twice now.

PinkLotus
08-15-2012, 01:26 PM

This!! :D When I was gaining the weight, NOTHING went in the dryer...now I'm putting everything in there trying to shrink it!
Also, you know you've lost weight when you realize you can cross your legs by actually just moving your leg onto the other one without having to use your hands/arms...and they stay crossed, rather than slowly sliding off! :D

DietVet
08-15-2012, 01:46 PM
You know you've lost a lot of weight when you are walking into a store and are horrified seeing a smaller person wearing the same exact outfit as you and then as you get closer realize it's your own reflection.

This has happened to me twice now.

Ha! This is great. :)

linJber
08-16-2012, 12:56 AM
My favorite sandals are too big. Boo Hoo.

Lin

mariposssa
08-16-2012, 01:08 AM

Ha. Mine is similar. I bought some of those genie bras (as seen on TV) and I was constantly yelling at my dh if he tossed them or any of my bras into the dryer. Now, I am drying the genie bras on purpose and hoping they will shrink. :o

JossFit
08-16-2012, 09:22 AM
When you have to strategically position pillows to cushion your body when you sleep.

I sleep on my side and my knees knock together! I need a pillow between them.

JossFit
08-16-2012, 09:23 AM
I need a donut cushion for the rowing machine or any hard chair...

I now have a quarter-sized scar on my tailbone from a nice "rug burn" from the rowing machine.

Only Me
08-16-2012, 09:52 AM
I've noticed that my enell sports bra isn't as completely supportive as it used to be. It finally occurred to me that it's because it's becoming too big. It can't support the girls when they're just freely moving around inside it. ;)

Riddy
08-17-2012, 12:06 AM
Get new shoes in the right size! You're worth it! I developed tendonitis in one ankle for the first time AFTER i lost weight, and I'm pretty sure it's partly related to my continuing to wear sandals and mules that had become too loose.

It's OK, the length is still right, I just have less fat on my feet! :D They're fine now that I buckled them tighter.

I don't think I'll ever be a true medium width foot, but I fit in a few mediums at the store the other day. Ooh, the possibilities! :dizzy:

mirax3
08-17-2012, 04:30 AM
You know you have lost a lot of weight when you start crying in the dressing room- not because the clothes don't fit, because they DO! :carrot:

Prim2012
08-17-2012, 09:15 AM
You know you have lost a lot of weight when someone can pass through the aisle (like when I'm at the theatre) and you don't have to get up and worse step all the way out for them to get by. Instead you can stay seated or turn to the side.

5yearscancerfree
08-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Ditto!

I'm so glad that feet get skinnier too! You are the first person that has said their feet are smaller. I was hoping I wouldn't have to wear ugly fat shoes the rest of my life! Thanks for the motivation!:carrot:

angie7896
08-17-2012, 10:05 AM
you know you lost alot of weight when you have to do jumping jacks with one arm because your are holding up your gym pants with your other.

Garnet2727
08-17-2012, 07:28 PM
You know you have lost a lot of weight when you start crying in the dressing room- not because the clothes don't fit, because they DO! :carrot:

I get this. It happened to me on a shopping trip to buy new pants for work.

Dreamer2012
08-18-2012, 11:54 AM
A new one I discovered today... When you are moisturisering and it hurts to moisturiser your neck due to your collar bone being so visible.

mccull83
08-18-2012, 01:08 PM
You know you've lost weight when you can actually bend over (I had gone UP in size on scrubs for work and even those were getting so tight I couldn't bend over and pick something up)

ParadiseFalls
08-18-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm so glad that feet get skinnier too! You are the first person that has said their feet are smaller. I was hoping I wouldn't have to wear ugly fat shoes the rest of my life! Thanks for the motivation!:carrot:

This is true for me, too. I first noticed a month or two ago. I was going through my shoes getting rid of some and tried on several pair that had been too tight to wear but I couldn't bear to get rid of last time I cleaned out because I loved them, and now they fit :D

You know you have lost a lot of weight when someone can pass through the aisle (like when I'm at the theatre) and you don't have to get up and worse step all the way out for them to get by. Instead you can stay seated or turn to the side.

Yes yes yes! It's impossible do the turn-to-the-side thing when you literally don't have an inch to move in a theater seat! I can't wait to get to that general point where I don't feel like I'm always in the way.

ControlW
08-18-2012, 09:27 PM
I feel just overall more bony. I have more bones than I'd ever thought I'd need. It looks good in the shoulder area, I do very much so admit that.

snorkelmom
08-19-2012, 03:40 AM
I'm not nearly so clumsy! I used to stumble all the time, and seemed to trip over nothing sometimes. To get into our boat the other day, I climbed up to the top of a ladder, grabbed the railing and slung my leg over the railing.....no problem! My husband was all grabbing for me, thinking for sure that I'd take a header onto the driveway, but I wasn't even unsteady! I feel like my center of gravity is keeping me steady instead of pulling me out of control! love it!

NCchickie
08-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Or when you see your granny panties in the laundry basket and think it's a shirt. (I still wear mine, too!)

ParadiseFalls
08-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Or when you see your granny panties in the laundry basket and think it's a shirt. (I still wear mine, too!)

Oh gosh, I can't wait until my underwear isn't the size of a normal-sized girl's outer garments. I always ball them up an if they fall out of the laundry or something I cringe. So embarrassing.

janeybabs
08-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Seriously....what's the shoe thing about. All mine are too wide now.....not impressed cause they fall off when I walk. Grrr oh well, guess I will just need to buy more. He he

pinksparkles
08-19-2012, 09:34 PM
You know you've lost weight when.. you can actually wrap the bath towel around yourself without indecent exposure.

ChickieChicks
08-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Love these! I did purge all my granny panties, but now my regular bikini briefs have become the new grannies! Back to just wearing things all the time. So much comfier to me.

No tailbone pain, but I do continually wash my jeans and jean shorts, so they shrink up! And I had to suck ot up and have my wedding rings resized after they flew across the room while I was talking to someone at a party. Look out! Lol my feet got smaller, too!

Big ditto on having to hold up pants while working out. My first 8K, I didn't realize my workout capris were getting too big, until we hit the first big puddle (it was a mud run), and after than my pants were sagging. It was awful! Thankfully my friend had the brilliant idea of using the pins from the number tag we wore for the race.

Arctic Mama
08-19-2012, 10:18 PM

My feet have become much slimmer. The length of my foot has always been 7.5-8, depending on the shoe, but the width was greater than even many wide widths came in, thanks to my foot spreading and being fat. So a lot of shoes I'd have to get even two sizes bigger so they'd be wide enough. Now I'm slipping out of most of those shoes because they are simply too long and too wide.

sontaikle
08-19-2012, 10:26 PM
It's so funny with the shoes thing. With all that I lost I may have gone down a half size at the most. Not enough to toss all of my shoes and buy new ones, that's for sure. I just find that I can fit into more 7.5 shoes than I used to.

aniela26
08-19-2012, 10:44 PM

This happened to me yesterday dress shopping. Such an awesome feeling! :D

Hotaruchan
08-20-2012, 12:44 AM
The shoe thing is killing me...I've always had pretty abnormally large feet (11.5 US), and it was hard enough to find shoes back in America...so I brought a ton with me to Japan. Now they're slipping and sliding on my feet and giving me blisters, but at 27 cm, it's still really hard to even spot MEN's shoes here that might fit me, never mind things that I can wear with my suits to go to work. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy some men's sneakers to be my new indoor shoes...all of the other teachers do it, but then again they don't have a company telling them that they need to wear business attire every day, so they also come in in track suits half the time...Augh, it's going to look so ridiculous >.<