Old 08-27-2012, 06:36 AM   #16  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Count me in. August 17, 2012 - August 17,2013
I'm dealing with slower than expected losses & adjusting to a new food plan.
I weighed myself this morning and plan to weigh & measure myself on the 1st of every month for a year. Too much concentration on the scale probably isn't a good thing for me right now. For now it's day by day - which will turn into month by month ...and before you know it ...1 year
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

Yay, Susie! Since I decided to track for a few weeks (and did track yesterday), I slipped a bit into OCD mode and wanted to weigh this morning. I resisted, though, if for no other reason than last night was a low sleep night, so the scale would not have been kind. I used to weigh every day, but the weekly weigh - in helps preserve my sanity when I am losing more slowly. Monthly sounds like it will work for you!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 PM   #18  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Why is it whenever I decide to do something, some outside force decides to try to make that harder for me? For example...I gave myself a goal to be able to run a mile before the month was over. Then, two weeks into the month I really messed up my ankle. It took a week to get back to where I could jog again, but obviously I'm not going to reach that goal. Still, I'm working on it.

I posted on the previous page that I was going to exercise daily. Well, I wake up this morning just fine but by the time I got to work I was sniffling, sneezing, coughing....I sounded like I should be in a NyQuil commercial. Yuck. Still, I made myself go upstairs and work out for a half hour. I felt great doing it and after, but by the end of the day this stupid cold really has me down and out. I came home and napped for an hour. I really hope to feel better tomorrow. And that outside force that keeps going after me, STOP IT! You're not going to get me! So stop trying. :P
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #19  
RJR

S/C/G: 235/185/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I'm sorry you are having a rough go of it Healthy
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #20  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Healthy - I know what you mean. It seems like whenever I start something new, outside pressure wants me to cave. For what it's worth, I've decided that it would happen whether I was exercising or dieting so I just keep plugging away. I've got a nasty head cold and I still ran yesterday. I think it actually helped some of the crap in my head clear out. And on the positive side, I can't smell anything soooo I am not hungry. HA!
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #21  

So I am feeling unstoppable! I seem to be in a weight loss rhythm, and am enjoying both scale and non-scale rewards. I also had my biggest weekly drop ever this week!

And the problem? This is one of my danger zones. I get overconfident. Sure I can have that in the house! I have absolutely learned to be able to stop at one cookie. You know.

The worst thing I do, though, is increase my expectations. I lost 6 pounds this week? Why - that's 24 pounds a month! I should be at goal by Christmas, right?

So my goal is to enjoy the good time while remaining aware that challenges will come. I just was able to start lifting again this week after a shoulder injury. I have work travel coming up. And I absolutely know that a six-pound drop is a fluke, and doesn't necessarily represent fat loss (though it might, as it has come after weeks of slow losses).

Viva la year of commitment! May more weeks be like this one!
Old 09-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJR View Post
Yes! Yes! Yes!

Mine started July 10th. This was the day after I kicked out my cheating husband. I'm so much happier now! I've lost 16 pounds so far.

For me my year commitment is lose weight, learn to exercise, and no dating for the whole year. Also, find a way to get a divorce but that's extra if I can swing it
RJR - what state are you in? I did my divorce myself without any lawyers and saved a TON of money. I'm the ultimate DIY'er (Do It Yourself'er). If you need any tips let me know.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:00 AM   #23  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Hi! Count me in please. I started over Friday the 1st. I'm happy to find this group because it's so hard for me to keep up the motivation after a couple of months. The last time I tried so hard and went for over 3 months and that's the longest I have ever done this so hopefully I can top that and go for-ever. I don't have specific number I'm aiming towards, just anything lower than I am now and to not give up.

Good luck to all you ladies!!
Angie
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #24  

I am doing my divorce on my own as well. I did go to law school, though, so I have an advantage there. It's still challenging.

Don't know about your financial situation, RJR, but you may qualify for legal aid. Or your state's bar might have a pro bono program that could help. Or if you have a law school close, they might have a clinic. Otherwise, the bar or the judicial branch might have forms online you could use. If you have children or a lot of assets, though, or if you suspect your husband might be hiding assets, a lawyer is probably best.

Sassyangies - good to have you join us. Your goal of patient persistence is my goal too.

Here's to a great year!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #25  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Morning folks! I hope everyone's having a great Monday! It's Labor Day here and I am off work. Woo hoo!!!!! It's cloudy and cool outside. It's a GREAT day for a run or a walk! I'm so getting out there later on! Right now my husband and I are working on cleaning the house. I'm just taking a 5 minute break and checking in with everyone.

Last edited by HealthyMeWannabe; 09-03-2012 at 09:30 AM. Reason: adding info
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #26  
RJR

S/C/G: 235/185/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I actually just got a letter from Legal Aid yesterday saying I'd probably qualify for getting a lawyer for 250 and I'd have to pay for file and court fees. I'm currently looking hard for a job so I can try to get this going. With no kids (no kids that are biologically his) and no assets I could probably do it on my own but if I can get a lawyer for 250 I'll do it, just because I'd feel more comfortable with one.

Thanks so much for the comments and advice, both of you

I'll be 8 weeks into my year tomorrow and I'm losing an average of 3 lbs a week. I'm really happy with my progress. I'm also happy with my emotional progress... I'm facing all of this stuff head-on and I'm working through the hurt, anger, sadness, and taking care of myself. It hasn't been easy, but in all honestly it's been a lot easier than being with my husband was. This hurt is different and it can get better. My marriage was never going to get better. I'm doing really well, I think
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #27  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

That is soooo great to hear RJR! My divorce was tough for me too, but what divorce isn't, I guess?

Oh, I never mentioned that I wanted to join this challenge! I started a year challenge on my own on July 2, 2012 so I'm in Week 10 of my 1 year commitment. My 1 year dates are July 2, 2012 - July 1, 2013. I've NEVER EVER been able to make it to a year although I have set LOTS of 1 year commitments in the past. This one WILL be different!
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #28  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

im just getting to the end of a one year commitment to the gym...last september, or possibly october, i committed to a one year gym membership and ive been going nearly every work day since then...mostly focused on running, somewhat on weight machines but the running works me out harder than the weight machines do and i like it better...i plan on re-upping my gym membership when it expires here sometime in the next month or so
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

I'm going to start my one year commitment now, let it be known in my signature 8/4/12... I had lost a lot of weight, and then gained a lot back in the last few years of dating, getting married, having a baby. I think I've been going through a depression after having my baby and feeling like I can't do anything about the weight but I know I can!

My plan is to use sparkpeople to count my calories again, at least to start, as that is what worked for me before. I'm also going to start walking once more. My body wouldn't know how to do it now but I ran a half marathon a couple years ago, and I'd like to get myself back to that point. I also have a lot of workout dvds that I hope I can do with my daughter around. I need to lose the weight because she is already walking and it's getting hard to chase after her and keep up, so she is my big motivation. I actually typed in my stats on sparkpeople this morning, and I put in the starting weight and end weight I hope to accomplish (150), and it told me that 10/19/2013 is when I could expect to reach that if I stay on track... that will be exactly on my daughter's birthday! I know things don't always go smoothly in the weight loss world... I spent a couple years off and on losing a lot of weight before, but that is a neat thing to think, that I could be down to a 'normal' weight by the time she turns 2.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #30  

Still here! Starting my 3rd week on WW, down 6.8 lbs. Hope to be down 10 by 9/30.
42goingon20 is offline   Reply With Quote