South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #1  

Default Kashi Granola

I haven't been on the board lately, but still hanging around with SB.

As I have mentioned in the past, I don't get to eat a lunch during the day, so I have snack items, almonds, cheese, berries, that kind of stuff. But when I get home at 3:00 in the afternoon I am so hungry that I will eat and eat and eat, which I know is not good.

How about this Kashi Granola, Mountain Medley cereal? What if I had a bowl of this stuff when I got home, with coconut milk, that should hold me over til dinner and I can fix something more on plan.

Now, after tasting this stuff, I am worried, it tastes way too good, any one have advice on this kind of granola.

Thanks
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I love Kashi Mountain Medley! However, it is quite high in sugar and contains cane sugar juice, so it's not 100% SBD friendly.

However, that being said, if you can contain yourself to eat a reasonable serving, and it keeps you satisfied until suppertime, and it doesn't cause cravings, then I say "go for it."
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #3  

Thank you, I knew it was too good to be safe!

Are there others out there that are better and don't contain alot of soy added to them. I hear lots of people talking about Whole Foods, do they carry a good one. I think I really need the fiber. But I could live without the sugar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
I love Kashi Mountain Medley! However, it is quite high in sugar and contains cane sugar juice, so it's not 100% SBD friendly.

However, that being said, if you can contain yourself to eat a reasonable serving, and it keeps you satisfied until suppertime, and it doesn't cause cravings, then I say "go for it."
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

I have an odd work schedule and often leave very hungry.. What helps me a lot is to pack a snack for the drive home. I go for veggies because I'm hungry enough that they taste better than otherwise Cut peppers work well and right now I've been doing snap peas. And I drink a big bottle of water. That all takes the hunger edge off and when I get home I can eat something OP.

Also, if I work over lunch, I will eat something meal-like when I get home at 3 or 4. I make sure there is always something I can fix relatively quickly. Sometimes I still eat dinner later, sometimes dinner becomes something more snack-like.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

I've actually had good luck taking raw oats with just a touch of agave and cinnamon, and putting them in the microwave for 30 seconds (careful - they can burn). Then I use it as a topping for Greek Yogurt. I have some liquid stevia, so I'm going to try that today!
1/2 cup of greek yogurt is filling and helps your digestion. I use just 2 tbs of oats. I haven't done that in a while. You just helped me come up with my breakfast!
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #6  

I love the BEAR NAKED Granola, since it is very low in sugar (for being a granola). Since I am new to the forum I canīt post the link to their homepage, but google it and you will find it plus their nutrition info.

I have read a book lately, that anything below 5 to 9g of sugar per serving is alright and that is kinda what I try to stick with.
Xena31 is offline   Reply With Quote