Old 08-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #1  
Thin Within

Talking Steel Magnolias #23

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Well today is weigh day and I am expecting a gain the way I feel bloated. My rings aren’t spinning around on my fingers so I know I am packing some water. The good thing is that I stayed within the points allowed this week so it isn’t that I overate. I will take it in stride and go to WW this evening and enjoy my friends there and the meeting. We just got back from picking up the dogs from the groomer and they both smell so good. Cecil, as usual, missed them big time while they were gone.

We bought a few more pounds of beef today and I have it in “food saver” bags and in the freezer now. We have been getting what we call “used” meat which has not really reached its expiration date but the butcher has to put it out on sale. Lots of extra lean ground beef today and a few roasts and some nice steak cuts for the BBQ are now bagged and in the freezer. Life is good. Looks like we are getting that planned half a beef from the day old bin at the market instead of having to go out of state to buy it. We may end up with a whole beef as it is. Also we are getting some pork, turkey and chicken in there ~ not just beef. The folks at “Food Saver” sent me a nice freezer plastic bag opener with a magnet on the back which is so handy to open the frozen packets.

I have already started getting catalogues for Christmas items in them and we aren’t even through Summer time yet. I did eye a couple of tall mugs that have a small spoon in a slot in the handle that would be great to give as a gift of hot chocolate mix to folks that “drop in.” The earthenware mugs have a holiday picture on the side of them with the words “The Gift of Friends, The Joy of Family” in script around the top edge. If I order them now I will have to stash them with the Christmas wrapping items so I won’t lose them in the closet somewhere.

Have a great day all you wonderful Magnolias.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:33 AM   #2  
Thin Within

Talking Late In The Evening

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Where has everyone been today? I hope you all had a wonderful day. I was correct to think I was going to show an up-page in my weight this evening but it was just a pound after all and not as much as I felt like it would be for my fingers are swollen ~ holding water. The gal that did my weigh in told me very quietly that practically everyone in the room had shown a bit of a weight gain like I did. Must be that we all live in this heat and pack a bit of water. My water pill meds may have to be upped but I don’t want that to happen.

We finally got around to cooking that rack of ribs in the pressure smoker this evening and boy were they good. We have enough for a couple more meals out of that. It is totally amazing to us how they can get so tender when I only set them to cook for 45 minutes. Falling off the bone tender.

Sleep well Magnolias and I will type at you another day.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:38 AM   #3  

Good Morning. Flowers! The sun is shining and it was cool 53 degrees when I went downstairs this morning. Ernie took a couple sniffs at the open door then left so guess he thought it was too cool. There are lots of birds, in and out this morning, which makes me think the robins are heading south for sure.

We have a picnic tonight put on by Bob's federation board. I don't have to take any food so that is the best part! Otherwise I need to sort through my recipe pile; I cut them out of newspapers and magazines then stash them in a drawer. I sure don't know why I do that since I don't like to cook and they clutter up a drawer. Dumb! Guess I think they might inspire me to cook new things.

Maggie -- You will have the extra pound gone in no time! I can tell when I've eaten too much salt because my rings will be tight and so will my sandals. You mentioned buying meat and right now I am so irritated at the grocery store and at myself! Last Friday when I went grocery shopping I bought brats to take to the lake. The sign said $4.99 and I "assumed" that was per package. They are skinless and come in different flavors so I bought two packages. On our way home from the lake I was digging in my purse and found the register receipt so was telling Bob different prices of things and noticed I didn't get the $4.99 price but the $8+ price for the brats. Yesterday I went back to the store after checking last weeks ad, and since they weren't listed I went back to double check if the $4.99 price was still posted. The sign said $4.99 lb., and each package is over a pound so they weren't on sale at all. The company that makes them is located in a nearby town so we may be making a road trip there one of these days.

I need to get busy and accomplish a few things today. Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday today!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #4  

Good afternoon all. I have been sick so have been just setting around home doing nothing. Not a big deal, just some of the same stuff as last time kicking up a bit. Before it was all the time though and now it has just been occasionally so I just deal with it. One thing it does cause is fatigue and combine that with the other stuff and I kind of feel like a zombie sometimes and yesterday and today have been those kind of days.

Maggie: You just have to ignore it and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Sounds like you have your beef all lined up. Aren't you guys going to try and travel soon or am I thinking of something else???

Jean: I save very few recipes unless it is something I really want. I do use allrecipes.com a lot when looking for something specific and usually they have what I want. I am kind of boring when it comes to food. There are a lot of spices I don't like the taste of in anything and I hate lemon in anything though I love lemonade. My daughter game me one of those Mike's Hard Lemonade's when we were at there house a couple weeks ago and I drank about half a bottle and got the worst acid reflux almost immediately so I ask her to drink the rest of it. I have to be careful with citrus and jam and jelly believe it or not. We woke up to about 69 degrees this morning and it was just lovely, so I turned off the ac for several hours. It is almost 80 now and warming up the house so I turned it on, but cranked it up to around 78.

Susan: I need your expert help. My computer keeps dumping cookies every couple days or so and I have to keep putting in my user names all the time. I went into internet options and looked to see if my settings were off and they weren't, ran a virus scan just in case which found nothing, but I don't know where else to look to see if my cookies settings are off. Do you have a suggestion where to look?? Thanks!!

I better get going and let Fortune back in. Have a nice Tuesday! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #5  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Of all things ~ halleluiah it is raining. We are having rain ~ all be it a little rain we are getting a smattering. It was wonderful to wake up this day to the pitter patter of the rain on the roof. I am out of Cuties and need to add them to the list for when Will goes to check on “used meat” he can pick me up some. They are an excellent “snack” food plus they do pack good nutrition. After I finish here I am going out to the freezer and re-arrange the meat in there now that what I put in there is frozen. I like to have the like cuts together in one area. Then when the freezer door is opened it is easy to see what is in there and Will doesn’t go rummaging around looking for what I have asked him to fetch from there for it is easy to locate. I usually get out what I want but on occasion I do ask him to get something but not often. He knows now that the Schwan’s boxes of TV type dinners I like go in the other freezer. Just meat in the one and variety in the other ~ works for me and I am the resident . I got the avocado mix all packaged in four 2 ounce packets (which is a ¼ cup) for 2 P+ each & two 4 ounce pouches for 2 servings and all sealed in freezer bags. The avocados were ripened up perfectly when I went to use them for that. I added some powdered jalapeno, dried garlic, salt, and lemon juice and it sure tastes yummy for I scraped the bowl and got a taste. On the box of the Wholly Guacamole they listed vinegar as an ingredient but I chose to use lemon juice instead. All tucked away in the freezer now for a future snack.

Cecil hardly could wait until I got up to get into the bedroom for his snooze. While I was getting dressed I could hear him out in the hall telling me to open the door. Such a character ~ was so hard to get to come in the house last night. He was way out at the side fence talking to stray cats that come there to sleep and he ignored his people’s calls. We send Beanie out there to get him. Last night Cecil just was being obstinate and ran when Beanie rousted him out but Will was able to scoop him up and carry him inside where he ate a ton of food. He then yammered at me giving me what for ~ like I was on his side or something. What a character.

JEAN Isn't that a pleasant sound of the birds twittering. How nice you don't have to take anything to the picnic. You can make good choices of what you choose to eat and have a great time. I only clip recipes that are P+ freindly now days and very few of those. My clippings come from WW & Cooking Light magazines. I stay away from the ones from the newspapers but I would love to go through your drawer with you and look at what you have saved. Got to watch the prices closely especially now for they are getting creative in their advertizing of the pirce per pound and not the package. That's happening more and more now that the prices are rising. They are getting creative ~ but not for our benefit.

DONNA FAYE I am so sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. Hopefully this will pass soon and you can be back to exact. We don't have any major traveling planned in the near future. We are going over to CO in a few days to poke around but nothing major. When Will retires we do plan on moving down to Texas and do some traveling from there. After Will retires ~ he will one day.

Have a wonderful afternoon Magnolias. I am off to find some lunch.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-14-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #6  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's sunny, breezy, and a cool 64 degrees this morning. Storms are supposed to move in this afternoon with a high of 90. I have another "free" most of the day today but haven't decided what I'm going to do. I do have to balance out the gift shop register and make a copy of the daily report later this afternoon, tomorrow, and Friday as the volunteer director is gone. My doing it just makes sure the payroll deduction sheet gets where it needs to be so we get paid for the merchandise.

"Gma" -- I'm trying not to renew magazine subscriptions; it seems like the months roll around so fast that I don't get them read when it's time to take them to the hospital. I have discovered, because I don't always carefully read the notices, that if I renewed online at some point, they will automatically renew. I hope you are feeling better today!

Maggie -- Perhaps your rain is moving our way. There was a picture in today's paper about farmers starting to combine corn over in the Sioux City area. The ears are not full but they will get something. Bob's farmer friend says they will harvest earlier than usual around here, but not yet.

I'm ready for the day. Need to clear off the kitchen counters . . . . again. Have a wonderful Wednesday and enjoy!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #7  
Thin Within

Talking Wonderful Warm Wednesday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

Ah ~ the weather is staying cooler these days and it sure makes it more pleasant to step outside and not be hit in the face with . It is so good to see those triple digit days gone into the past. I have never ever, that I can remember anyway, looked so longingly to fall approaching. I slept in this day and it sure felt good. I did quite a lot yesterday and then we went to a T-party meeting with dinner afterwards and were out later than usual in the evening.

We found some pork chops in the “used meat” bin and I have them all packaged up in 2 in each bag and in the freezer. They aren’t as pretty and uniform as Schwan’s® are but they will be good tasting anyway. They were cheap enough so we are certainly not going to complain about their uneven appearance. We went out to eat at our favorite Mexican place and I had a shredded beef taco and half order of their rice on which I put some of the green hot sauce on which made it very yummy. I never spend many points when eating there.

Will is out and about running some errands and will check for more “used meat” while he is at Wal*Mart. Always checking and finding some good buys. We need to get more of the chicken, turkey, and pork cuts on sale for we have quite a bit of beef now. Just trying to buy it before the prices that are predicted to go sky high do so come winter. Besides we have to fill that new freezer up so it works it’s best. I really like having the meat on hand when I am planning on what to make for dinner. While it is thawing I can make sure I have all the other ingredients I will need for the meal. If I do need something then there is time to go to the market. These are things my mother instilled in me. Be prepared. There were six of us kids and she was a terrific manager of the home front and my father was a good provider. He believed in stocking up, if you can, when the prices were good. So I guess I inherited some of those traits. We do, you know, do a lot of things our parents did or do. My mother is in her 90’s and can always make a meal for anyone that comes by. Always ready. It sure helped that my grandparents had a farm out there in the valley and we got a lot of fruits and veggies from them. OH I remembered the peaches, he grew the best peaches. He also had beef and pigs to butcher each year. I imagine they supplied us with a lot of what we ate back then. Anyway I am a product of what I learned from my folks and grandparents. My grandpa was able to buy the farm in CA when he sold his ranch in TX and moved west. He was a long tall Texan. And look at me ~ I’m gonna be a short chubby Texan one of these days. Well I am 5’5” ~ just not 6’4”.

JEAN Feels good to not have your day packed full doesn't it. Time to do what you want to do. I guess the farmers out your way need to get what corn they can picked now. They use it mostly for feed don't they. They won't get as much this year though which is a sad thing for it helps prices to go up all around. I hope you do get some rain. What we got didn't amount to much but every little bit does help. I am sure glad that we put those watering bags around our little trees for they are alive where lots of folks trees are dying for lack of water. One lady told me last evening that she actually watered her little tree to much and killed it. She was so sad. Now when she gets another tree she will get one of the watering bags like we have which dispenses a very slow drip keeping the roots alive. The little dwarf apple tree we planted in the back yard is doing quite well. It hasn't yet started producing any apples but should do so next year.

Have a wonderful Humpday of the week Magnolias.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #8  

Good morning gals. I am still sort of on the mend. I was throwing up last night right before Jack went to bed. It is really weird when this happens. I am not sick to my stomach or anything, then all of a sudden, my throat closes like it does when you feel you are going to vomit. I try to relax and hope it will just go away by itself, but that doesn't always happen. It rarely happens, but last night was one of those nights, then I got a coughing fit from it so I was again not feeling the greatest. I am sore this morning from throwing up so I hope it goes away pretty quickly.

I am going to get upstairs this morning and try and get some work done up there. I just haven't felt like doing anything. I want to try and tackle the downstairs tomorrow as we have commissary weekend and I have my yearly eye appt tomorrow to get new contacts.

I have my eyebrow wax (never had this done btw) and my hair appt for next month set up. I look like a shaggy dog not having had it cut or shaped in 6 months almost. This lady should know what she is doing. She trained in New York and worked with Tabitha Coffee, who does that tv show. I want a good haircut that looks really nice. I have such fine hair that it can be tough to find a style I can wear, but I am going to give her an idea of what I want and let her go to town on it.

Jack went to the urologist yesterday. His gp wanted him to since he gets up in the night to go to the bathroom. He did psi? test and checked him out and told him he was fine that frankly it was just from getting older. Jack is supposed to call Monday for his test results. He is on a medication the gp gave him, but Jack said he is going to finish it up then not renew it and see if there is a difference. If not, he is not going to continue to take something that makes no difference especially when his prostate is not enlarged or anything. He did get a day off work though, so it wasn't all bad.

I am about as fed up with the post office as I can be. I think I told you about a package coming from Walmart. It came into town on the 9th and showed it out for delivery on the 10th to my house only they never delivered it. They sent it somewhere else and it has been there all this time. It says it has been "processed through" this facility everyday, but it doesn't move. I have emailed them 3 times but not called because I am so mad, I know I would lose my temper for sure. It's no wonder people shoot up the post office!

We have a town full of Elvis fans this week. It is the 35th anniversary of his death today. It is also my son-in-law's birthday today. I screwed up and didn't send his card in time so he won't get it until tomorrow. Oh well, he isn't a kid so shouldn't be too upset.

Jean: I get inundated with catalogues from everywhere you can imagine. I get dog stuff, shoe stuff, clothing stuff, stuff only for black ladies, stuff from the Navy Exchange, and the list goes on and on. I quit ordering magazines years ago. I think the last one I had was WW magazines when I was part of the actual paid program. It is around 70 here right now. I turned off the ac around 5 am this morning. I am glad the temps have finally broken, at least overnight, but I sure hope we don't have some kind of hurricane issue around our cruise time. I am more nervous about that than anything else about the trip I think.

Maggie: Sounds like you are filling up the freezer. My freezer is about bare as I didn't go commissary shopping last payday because Jay and Jackson were here. So I have to get there this weekend and stock up again. When I lived with my grandparents they were big stocker uppers. He would buy cases of stuff and they had 3 freezers besides the refrigerator one. They had an upright that was in my brother's room (she had used this as a pantry until we came to live with them and had no where to put it) Grandpa would go out and buy cases of Echrich hot dogs and grandma would go in and no hot dogs! My brother, who was about 12 at the time was eating frozen ones and throwing the packaging under his bed, between his sheets, whatever.

Susan: Jack and I found the cookies problem we think. If it doesn't right itself, I will talk to you again about it.

Well girls, this isn't getting anything done. I guess I should get out of here. Have an excellent day all. Faye

Last edited by gma22; 08-17-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #9  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's another breezy cool 61 degree morning here. It is only supposed to be in the low 70s today; the weatherman was way off yesterday as he said 90+ and it was only 81. I've got birthday cards to get ready and a baby gift to buy for Amanda's sister who had boy #2 yesterday. I don't have anything planned for today except checking on the gift shop later this afternoon. I do need to vacuum the ever famous fur/dust bunnies.

OH! I almost forgot my excitement for the day. When I went downstairs to get Ernie's water bowl I saw something that looked kind of dark and furry behind the vacuum. Well, it was a dead bat! Bob thinks he got in through the chimney vent somehow. Great, just great!

Maggie -- A good portion of the farmers haul to area elevators who in turn haul to ethanol plants. So far none have closed in Iowa but they have cut back on production. Several area farmers have gone out of the hog business while some have added cattle. Some have opted out of animals all together. We did get some rain during the night; our rain gauge said .15. Our trees always turn colors late, but I've noticed trees around town are starting to show fall colors.

"Gma" -- Hope you are feeling lots better by now! I have never done the waxing either. I had a gift certificate for a pedicure so took advantage of it yesterday. It was a different place than where I usually go and they also have a massage therapist and a gal who does permanent make-up. I would love to have my eyebrows done but don't know if I have the innards or not. I did visit with the technician (?) a bit and she said it's a very simple procedure. I am really surprised the po would deliver a WM package to you, or else I misunderstood. When I tried to order something online, it would be delivered to the store. That was before they said I had no local store. Good luck in getting it!

I need to get busy! Have a terrific Thursday and enjoy!

Last edited by Jean; 08-16-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Warm Thursday

GOOD LATE MORNING MAGNOLIAS

Not much on my agenda today. For dinner this day I will be making Panini’s so I don’t have to make any plans for that meal. I think I will make some sugar free Jell-O with some canned fruit in it to have with the sandwiches. I’ll get that going as soon as I finish here and have some more of my coffee in me to help me wake up. For lunch I will be having a frozen type meal from Schwan’s® for Will will be gone to work at the museum and will get lunch out somewhere of his choice. Today is a day in the high 70ºs and may just reach as high as 80ºs before it is over. One of the neighborhoods kids must have been in trouble with the juvenile authorities for she came over wanting some community work. Will can surely find something for her to do that will help her work off her time. It will be interesting to find out just what she did to get the authorities notice. I don’t know her but it will be interesting to get to know her if she does any work around here. Back in the day I used to work with troubled teens ~ or teens in trouble ~ as it was. Counseled many youth offenders in my days in the work force and Will was a Behavior Specialist. Yikes, that was long, long ago.

DONNA FAYE I am so sorry you have your health problems acting up. I do hope you aren’t having any when you are on your cruise. I don't have any eyebrows to wax ~ my meds took them all away. I suppose I could have some tatooed on. Yep we have two upright freezers and the side freezer in the fridge almost all full now. It is the newer of the two big freezers that I have been busy trying to fill with meat so it freezes its best. The side freezer of the fridge holds the hard cheeses and stuff of that sort. I also like to keep my packets of chopped up bell peppers and onions in that freezer to be handy in the kitchen ~ my stir fry veggies. The snackie stuff like the avocado mix, I just made recently, go in there along with all the bits and pieces of leftover meat and veggies that will make a great soup one day or breakfast fratata. I have small baskets that fit on the shelves that make it easy to pull out like a drawer that I put the little packets of this and that in. I do like to keep it all organized so I can see what we have and keep things rotated. A freezer freezes it’s best when it is full but not overloaded. The air must be able to circulate in there.

JEAN Well all I can say is at least that bat was dead and not flying around buzzing you. They are nasty and can be rabid. Your weather sounds close to what we are having ~ isn't it nice to not have triple digets now. Babies are fun to buy for nowdays for they have so many lovely things on the market now. We always look to find something that no one else has gotten for the new born. Most folks at showers take diapers and little outfits which are surely needed but we buy the sleepy bear or special feelly satin blanket or such. There is a high falutin' (what I call it) baby shop here in town where you can get all sorts of unusal gifts for new borns we like to shop at.

Have a lovely afternoon Magnolias. I am off to find some lunch.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-16-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 09:58 AM   #11  

Good Morning! It's a cool 48 degrees, sunny, and breezy in my neighborhood this morning. I wanted cooler but this is really cool. We ate at a Chinese restaurant last night and I drank tea which I don't usually do. I woke up at 1 AM bright eyed and ready for the day. I finally went back to bed about 4 only to wake up at 5 with an itchy foot. I am ready for a nap!

Maggie -- We always have kids doing community service around town. One year the "authority" tried to have them help the school custodians which was a joke. The high school custodian said she had to redo everything after the kids were done messing around. It seems like picking up trash in the parks and school grounds works best. Since I have no place to shop for babies except WM, I'm leaning towards a 1st Christmas ornament for the new baby. They don't live here in town so there is no telling when we will see them. I can give it to Amanda and she can pass it along.

I need to do some sorting, pitching, and start another SOS box today. Since the garage is cooler I should work out there this weekend, and clear off/out my half. Hope you all have a great day and enjoy whatever you are doing.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #12  
Thin Within

Talking

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is a lovely day in the 70ºs low to high here in the ♥-Land. Nice to say the least. I certainly am enjoying the cooler weather. Puts a smile on my face for sure. The sandwiches were so good last night for dinner that Will wants a re-run but of a different kind. I will make roast beef and cheese ones with thin sliced onions tonight on sour dough bread with tomato pesto on one slice and basil garlic pesto on the other. I will spray the outsides with butter flavored spray and pop them in my Cuisinart Griddler® with the panini press (grill) plates in. I have griddle plates, grill plates and waffle plates for that appliance. I use it so much and it is so easy to clean that when this one wears out I will get another just like it. It and my indoor Smoker/Pressure Cooker are my favorites. You can cook with it open and use a different plate on each side. Since I don’t fry things much anymore this appliance is so good for steaks and chops and such when the weather is not amenable to grilling outside. Grilling on this is faster than outside since it grills both sides at the same time. This appliance is one I keep out where it is easily gotten to when I want to use it. Yes, in my opinion this is the best of it’s kind on the market. It doesn’t steam the meat while grilling it like some of the other indoor grills do.

Cecil just came in here to tell me he wanted a “good boy” treat. The dogs were in earlier and got their morning treat from me. He is now in the bedroom snoozing. Still just a kitten and needs his sleep time. Will is at the market seeing what “used meat” he can pick up today. I think for Thanksgiving we will be smoking a turkey breast or two in the outdoor smoker. I peal back the skin and put a spice rub on the meat than put the skin back on which is discarded when the meat is done. It is so good that way. We like it better than the traditional oven method and since we don’t eat the dark meat of the bird we just use the breast portions. I’ll serve that with the traditional whole berry cranberry sauce, a cottage cheese, pineapple & lime Jell-O salad, green salad, dressing, mashed potatoes & gravy and fresh baked rolls. Typing that made my mouth water. I package up the leftovers (except the salads & rolls) in TV type dinners for re-runs at a later date. I typed out my Jell-O salad recipe for you ~ Maybe I gave it to you before My memory isn't what it used to be in my excuse. Anyway this is a good recipe and goes well with any meal not just for the holidays, we think.

COTTAGE CHEESE JELLO
Mix & stir until dissolved:
1 small pkg lime Jell-O, sugar free
1 small pkg lemon Jello-O, sugar free
1 Cup boiling water
Add and stir well:
1 can low fat milk
1 small can crushed pineapple
1 pint low fat cottage cheese (2%)
Chill – Sets in one hour.
Serves 8; 2 Points+

Will just came in and told me that I have some meat to package so I will be back in a few. I am back and have packaged up a bunch of pork chops. pork tenders, pork steaks, a couple large thick steaks that feed a few for grilling and some more hamburger meat. Great buys they were for sure. I am planning on slicing up those pork tenders to use them in Chili Verdi one of these days soon. Served with rice along with a homemade tortilla ~ yum!

JEAN That ornament sounds like a teriffic gift for a baby. A real keepsake like that will be with the baby a long time into adulthood with good memories attached. I like the idea. I am sorry you didn't get a good nights sleep ~ tea does have more caffeen than coffee if it isn't one of the fruit teas or de-caf they say. Since it was at a Chinese restaurant it probably was not de-caf and Oolong tea (a good black Chinese tea) does have a lot of caffeen in it. Did you get things sorted in the garage this day? I am so glad for the cooler days.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #13  

Good afternoon girls. I finally broke down and called the 800 number for the post office. Boy you get the run around let me tell you. It took me three tries to even get a customer service person and they act like it is your fault. Of course no clue where my stuff is. She kept going on about they should have done this, they should have done that. I felt like screaming, "WELL THEY DIDN'T LADY SO WHERE'S MY STUFF?" She said she thought they sent it back to Walmart, then she changed her mind and said all the should of stuff, then changed her mind and said she would write up a report and someone locally would call within 24 working hours but since it was Friday not to expect a call until next week. So basically, the darn post office has no idea what it is doing and more than likely no one will call me since I have sent them 4 emails and not one response. I reordered the tank tops and had them expedited shipped so they would come UPS. It cost me more, but I don't have time to go round about this again. The workers in my zip code are the laziest bunch I have ever seen and it said it was out for delivery to my house on the 10th. She probably didn't want to get her lazy butt out of the truck so shoved it in somewhere and had it transferred to another postal area. I would make bets on it. I think she holds back stuff all the time.

Jean: You are a brave lady. If I ever found that, I would never go into my basement again. I am not kidding. Even though it was dead, just the idea would make me throw up. Took me a long time to go out back after I saw a dead rat next to the fence a few years ago. I would walk out the front and go all the way around the condos and come back to ours. We splurged last night and had 5 Guys. They make great hamburgers even if they are high pts.

Maggie: We barely have room to put one chest freezer but it fits our needs nicely. I put all the bagged veggies and boxed foods like ww meals in it. Glad you had good lunch. Jack should be home in about 20 minutes and we are having baked steak for dinner tonight with mashed potatos and veggie.

I better get out of here. Jack will be home in just a few. Have a great day and weekend. Faye
Old 08-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #14  
Thin Within

Talking Back To Yack

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is later in the afternoon and I am taking a break and checked in here. I am going to re-arrange my freezer once again when that meat gets frozen so it can be stored with like kinds. Won’t take long to get the where it goes and where it goes ~ not a chore but it just needs to be done so the can locate it quickly so as not to keep the that freezer door open very long. We put all the packs to be frozen on the top shelf to freeze.

DONNA FAYE The Panini I was talking about is for dinner. For lunch we had a half can of soup each and a slice of dry toasted sour dough bread and some cuties. Gracious sakes the folks at your PO need to have some re-training it seems surely before Christmas gifts start coming in and then what will they do with the packages if they don’t want to deliver them for they would surely pile up in their vehicles. Hopefully UPS delivers your items timely. I have never baked a steak ~ does it come out like a roast? We always just grill them indoors or outdoors. Used to broil them but haven't done that in years.

Have a great afternoon/evening Magnolias. Will just got back from getting his head shaved and beard trimmed and picked up my coffee cup so I will be getting a SF FF latte soon.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #15  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's chilly and cloudy in my neighborhood this morning. Bob is off on his Saturday coffee/farm rounds and I have a load of laundry in the washer. The bat man called yesterday and can come the week after next to check where the bat got into the house. I told him I would call him to come and catch whatever shows up while is Bob is gone fishing for 4 days next weekend!

Maggie -- I just giggle to myself when you mention "used" meat. I have a mental picture and it isn't pretty. Thank you for sharing the recipe; I haven't tried it but remember asking what kind of milk you used. I need to keep working on my sorting and pitching.

"Gma" -- How frustrating for you to try and find your WM order. I hope the po will find it and deliver it to you. Sometimes I think that business is run by LD dropouts! We've had several bats over the years, but fortunately they are all dead by the time I see them. I'm glad Ernie is up to date on his rabies shot!

Susan -- What are you up to today?

I need to change laundry loads and read the paper to get my day officially started. Hope you all have a nice day and enjoy!

Last edited by Jean; 08-18-2012 at 10:26 AM.