Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-12-2012, 09:06 PM   #1  
cancerfree!

S/C/G: 295/145

Height: 64"

Default Working on my 8k event!

I am so proud of myself! Today I walked 4.5 miles in 2.5 hours - a huge improvement over my 3.5 miles in 2 hours. Every time I thought I should stop or quit or give up, I would turn up my MP3 player and focus on the next shade area (and here in hte desert that can be a ways out!) I was so proud of myself, especially when I realized that an 8k is 4.8 miles NOT 6 miles, which means I have almsot finished the "event" and I still have 6 more weeks to train. I am so excited that on the "downhill slope", I actually started thinking about an upcoming 10k with HUGE hills in May.

And to think, when I started my first event in March (a 5k), I was the last one back to the finish line and they had to send the "rescue" truck looking for me! Yeah me !
5yearscancerfree is offline   Reply With Quote