Old 08-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/226/155

Height: 5'3"

Red face Need help getting thru 1st week

Just started IP and on the 5th day. Still waiting to not be hungry. I have followed the diet to the letter and am holding out hope that this truly is the last diet I will ever have to go on. I know that a great many people have done it successfully. I could use some words of wisdom.
Lotsahope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #2  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Lotsa, WELCOME to both IP and the 3FC forum! My first week was a bit different than most, as I had very difficult days on days 2, 4, & 6. Hunger, light-headed, serious headaches, fatigue. Stick with it; everyone's experience is different to some extent, but the first week can be God-awful. You body is making a huge adjustment and telling you it isn't happy with you at the moment, but that's ok. It will thank you later You're almost through the worst of it, and when you step on the scale for your first WI you will be thrilled!!! Have a 4th packet or a couple of egg whites to help get through this difficult time. Good luck!
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: re-start date 4/1/13

Height: 5'5"

Hi...I also am on my 5th day today! I have been a mess, going from feeling great to then feeling terrible. My biggest complaint is the hunger and lack of eating whenever I want thruout the day. I started crying last nite because I felt that I would rather be fat than to suffer any longer. But........I pulled myself together. Got some hugs from my hubby and daughter and talked to my sister on the phone. She was a great comfort as she has lost alot of weight via a different program. We need to keep trudging along!! This forum is great because I can visually see the amazing success that others have had. I posted the other day with a question about eating in between meals. I rcvd tons of advice and encouragement. It was wonderful to hear several people say that the first week is a bummer. So that is helping me go day by day. Sometime hour by hour!!! I trully feel that I am a food addict and this is the same thing that other "addicts" must go thru to get clean! My sister said to me last nite something I have heard many times before, but here it is: "NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS". I have not been thin for many years, so I can't wait until I feel how good that is! Surge ahead, and just know that you are not the only one on day 5!
iwiggy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #4  

Thanks Greeniris. I am bound and determined to stick with this. I am still trying to feel my way through this website. I think it could really be a big help. Could you tell me how to add a scale (like your Lady Bug) to my profile? I think that would be very motivating.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #5  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

To get a 'tracker' you have to be a member of 3FC for 20 days and post 20 times. Then it will let you know you are eligible to set one up (might take a little longer, but close). Until then, you can set up your own chart or tracker on your computer, however you want.

Some have found on their especially hard days that if they just take a nap or go to bed early it helps. Or do some other activity that distracts you from feeling the hunger. And drink a ton of water (but be sure you're getting your salt as you should be)!

Hi wiggy - Welcome to you too!

Oh, keep in mind you can have as much iceberg lettuce as you want! And it won't count towards your veggie allotment.

Last edited by greeniris; 08-11-2012 at 01:13 PM.
greeniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
To get a 'tracker' you have to be a member of 3FC for 20 days and post 20 times. Then it will let you know you are eligible to set one up (might take a little longer, but close). Until then, you can set up your own chart or tracker on your computer, however you want.

Some have found on their especially hard days that if they just take a nap or go to bed early it helps. Or do some other activity that distracts you from feeling the hunger. And drink a ton of water (but be sure you're getting your salt as you should be)!

Hi wiggy - Welcome to you too!

Oh, keep in mind you can have as much iceberg lettuce as you want! And it won't count towards your veggie allotment.
What about romaine lettuce?
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
What about romaine lettuce?
There seem to be some differing opinions from different coaches about that. Mine told me any lettuce (Romaine, Iceberg, Boston/butter) are unlimited, and to just count the ones specifically mentioned in the Selected Veggies list as vegetables. I have eaten nothing but Romaine since starting 2 weeks ago and am down 12lbs, so that's what I'm sticking with for now
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
There seem to be some differing opinions from different coaches about that. Mine told me any lettuce (Romaine, Iceberg, Boston/butter) are unlimited, and to just count the ones specifically mentioned in the Selected Veggies list as vegetables. I have eaten nothing but Romaine since starting 2 weeks ago and am down 12lbs, so that's what I'm sticking with for now
Same here!
fitgirl2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:08 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotsahope View Post
Just started IP and on the 5th day. Still waiting to not be hungry. I have followed the diet to the letter and am holding out hope that this truly is the last diet I will ever have to go on. I know that a great many people have done it successfully. I could use some words of wisdom.
Like everyone else is saying, hang in there, whatever it takes. It does get better. When I get hungry I drink water. But, for me, I try to space all my food out without going more than 2 or 3 hours without something. I do the vegetables between packets, not with them. Also, I have the restricted item mid afternoon when I seem to get the hungriest. I've lost 36lbs in 9 weeks, so I feel like it's working for me. Good luck and find what works for you, staying within the food allowances/guidelines. Everyone is different. I was told by my coach that I could split the protein between lunch and dinner, instead of having all of it at dinner. Some days I do that.
rcrochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #10  
Lisa Bean

S/C/G: 231/217/160

Height: 5'8"

I have lost 10 and made it through my first month, I felt hungry at first but learned to drink water with each meal. Did you try drinking water whenever you eat?
Lisabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Welcome to both of you. I agree with everything the others have posted...drink water, you can egg whites, some folks add an extra shake for a few days, and eat salad! My first week was awful. By mid second week things got better. It takes awhile to adjust but it will be worth it as you see the weight melt away!
reneepw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:37 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 303/see tracker/170

Height: 5'10"

I'm only in my second week. So far, I have found that when I am craving something, if I make a cup of hot tea with one Stevia, that seems to curb the urge to eat something I shouldn't!
slimmingitdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #13  

Thanks everyone. I have made it through the first week and am seeing a few signs of this getting easier. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have found this website. I guess my prayers are being answered. Weigh in tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Old 08-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: re-start date 4/1/13

Good luck in your weigh in! Keep us posted on how you do! My weigh in is Tuesday and I will give everyone a big YIPEE if I do well. Good luck to you!
iwiggy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #15  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Lotsahope - I am finishing my 4th week tomorrow. I was also very hungry the 1st week, but it did stop for me around end of first week. I used an extra pack each day that week - a snack between breakfast and lunch - to fight off the hungries. That worked pretty well for me and I still lost 7.25 pounds that first week, so I don't think it hurt at all.

By the 2nd week, I didn't need the extra packet. Although, I have had an extra once or twice when something came up that made me late for dinner. I just pulled that "emergency" bar out of my purse and ate it... and still had my evening snack too. I think if you're really hungry, it's better to eat an IP product (or maybe the egg whites) than go totally off the plan.

Hang in there - it will get easier!
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote