South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wet Weekend Chat - August 11 & 12

We have now had two days of rain and two more days are to come. The earth is smiling and the folks camping at the park are looking forward to the lifting of the Burn Ban so they can have campfires. It may be enough rain to save some of the crops.

The attitude around here is great! This morning's car wash is still on with the lunchtime BBQ and the corn roast at Forfar is still a go. I'm using some of the time to catch up on deskwork - gardening will happen next week. I'm keen but not crazy enough to tromp around in the rain on my clay soil.

I plan some baking this morning to stash in the freezer for my family visit in two weeks. I have young two cousins popping in this morning on their way to Kingston and fresh cookies might be a good touch as they visit the ancestral home for the first time. (These are first cousins once removed but it's getting too complicated lately so I'm just calling everyone a cousin. I'm also handing out copies of the family tree to everyone lately for updating since I've missed a few babies.)

Time to convince the doggage to go out in the rain for potty and then crank up the day. What's on your agenda?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend On the Beach Daily Chat for 8/11&12

Good morning on this lovely Saturday! It will be hot and steamy later but right now we're getting a cool, refreshing breeze. I turned off the AC and threw the windows open to take advantage of it. The grandkids are still sleeping, and Jake and I are enjoying the tranquil quiet of the early morning.

I have a few errands to run after breakfast, and will visit a bit with Mom & Dad, and then Jake needs my help. He's been taking out the yews that separate our yard from our neighbor's, and it's quite a job since they're huge! A cool off in the pool will be much appreciated after that hot, sticky work. Other than that, Andrea and the kids will be away most of the day, so it will be just Jake and I until Dustin gets home from work and gives us a hand.

What are your plans for the weekend. Anyone have anything exciting happening?

Good morning, Ruthie! I did the merge; did you feel it?

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 08-11-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:12 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm back home in a very quiet space...the kitty doesn't make much noise. Work today then hope to get some rest. Ok, DH calling gotta run!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:13 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just a little twitch, Linda. Was it good for you?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Just a little twitch, Linda. Was it good for you?
Oh yeah!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You ladies are a riot.

I'm with you Cottage - the a/c is off, and this morning air is just lovely! Too bad I have to go to work today . And then, I REALLY need to do some cleaning, so I guess I'll do that this afternoon. Sounds like an exciting day, eh?!?
Old 08-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I slept almost 7 hours, a definite improvement. Now to keep that up when I get home.

Ruth - Happy rain dancing. Hope this rain can salvage some crops. It's been a tough year for farmers.

Cottage - Hope you are able to make fast, safe work of those trees.

Debbie - Hope you get that rest in later today.

It's my last morning with the folks then off to my space again. It's been a nice visit but I am so ready for the peace and quiet of my house. Once I"m home I'm going to have to really drill down on the work and chores. No more messing around!

Happy Saturday friends
Old 08-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Happy weekend, all!

I've been reading everyday, just not always posting since my life has really been THAT boring. But my eating is OP I'm trying a new recipe today for quinoa and black bean salad on my never ending quest to find meals that will satisfy both my vegetarian DH and SB. If it's good I'll probably make it next weekend for company that includes other vegetarians. I was always a culinarily challenged hostess but it just keeps getting harder with so many people eating in so many different ways.

Have a great day.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning ladies. I threw in the AC already in an attempt to suck the humidity out of the house. Staying home today, then picking up my son at 2. We are going to Foxwoods CT tomorrow for lunch with my siblings (minus 1). Ruth, if you could only see my family tree your head would spin! Our branch plays life a Lifetime mini series!

Karen, don't ever feel like your life is boring. Trust me the normalcy of routine is welcome in my life any day. Here is one highlight of my day, I am finally going to blow dry my hair today! I have a mane that is a cross between kinky curls and dread locks with the texture if a wool blanket. It is manageable when blown out, but takes way too much energy in the summer. This past week off I have not cared and just let it be unruly. Now if that isn't an exciting day lol

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning, it's a cool morning here in Minneapolis! We turned off the central air yesterday, and I am on the couch curled up in a blanket and sweats this morning. I love coffee every day of the year, but I sure do cherish warming up with a cup of coffee in the fall.

Today is day 3 back on SBD. So far so great! Today will be a challenge, as we are going to a family reunion over lunch (for which I baked a pan of pb blondies with milk chocolate frosting and 2 pans of fresh peach crumble bars!), and then tonight is a special event at church. My plan is to eat before each and bring some snacks.

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 167/154/120

Height: 5' 1" (in the morning, LOL)

Good morning,
I haven't had enough caffeine to be coherent but I'm having my coffee on the beach. Well really I'm on the porch.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

I Slept in. Like REALLY slept in. It made up for yesterday. It's after 10 and I'm working on my first cup of coffee! Ah, life is good.
Quick good morning all!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Evening, ladies...long time, no see. I have been super slack about getting by here and checking in...I need to do better w/ that.

Things have been super busy...I can't remember the last time I had a paycheck w/o overtime on it. I can't complain, though, b/c A) at least I have a job (and a good one at that) and B) I can always use the extra $$$. I'm attempting to find a job right now, but plans are to move to the Boston area before the end of the year. I'm super excited (my mother, however, is not) and can't wait to start this new chapter in my life.

I hope all you lovely ladies are doing well. I've missed the camaraderie here.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Ooh ooh...and also, I'm going to be an aunt again!!! My bestfriend and her wife are 6 weeks short of full term w/ a little girl who they conceived via IVF. I'm super excited for them...this is the first pregnancy she's been able to carry this long and the baby is looking absolutely perfect so far!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 06:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning! Natasha it is so good to hear you are doing well. Congratulations on being an aunt again too! I was actually thinking of you the other day.

Inam up early, 6:00, enjoying my Greek yogurt and coffee. Plan to be on the spin bike by 7. I'll wake my son before 9, so maybe we could be on our way by 10. The restaurant has a lot to offer, so I will do my best to stay on plan. I seem to be maintaining between. 142 and 144 consistently. Hopefully working out before we go should help a little.

What is on everyone's agenda today?
Closed Thread