South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 08-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Looking for Information on SBD

I'm still trying to figure out which diet is for me. So far, I've tried many but nothing really works for me. I LOVED Atkins but it didn't love me back. I was 6 days in and almost fainted. My sugar went low so I had to get off of that. I need to know if this will be the same case as Atkins. Wouldn't want to faint again!
I had bougth the book and never read it, got rid of the it the other day (not really sure why... I regret it now!) But I noticed on Amazon that there are different books out there. I saw the Supercharged one. Is that the new one that's out? What's the difference in all of them?

Thank you so much!
SophieCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The SuperCharged includes exercise and the revised Food Lists. However, that information is available in our FAQ Stickies in this part of the Forum.

Despite current misinformation, SBD is not a low carb plan. It is a GOOD carb plan. Check out the Phase I food list.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #3  

Thanks for the reply
Which book do you guys suggest? Are they all the same?
Old 08-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I originally borrowed the original book, but wanted to have my own reference book on hand. I downloaded the Super Charged SB from Amazon. No real difference other than an exercise portion added in. Truthfully the exercise plan was not challenging for me. Ruth is right, you can find the information here too. The books do help me with remembering portion control. Good luck
jekel383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:51 PM   #5  
Am I there yet?

S/C/G: 198/152/maintaining

Height: 5'7"

I bought the SB book (original one) and the cookbook. Use both extensively for the recipes and meal plan ideas. The first 2 weeks are very restricted for fruits and sugars (while you are detoxing) but you add the fruits back in along with good grains after that.
StephMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Make sure to check out the revised food list. Some of those are really important differences from Atkins, and may help you from fainting (NOT a desired state!). The allowed Dairy and Legumes keep this from being ultra low carb, so use them. I love beans in my lunch salads, and veggie sides. The ricotta creme desserts are really good as long as you DON'T use fat-free ricotta (bad texture, too many additives). If you get your 4.5 Cups of veggies in each day, you should be able to stay upright, and actually feel really good! Good luck. And, I used the Supercharged book from the library for a bit, but then relied on this website.
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMat View Post
Make sure to check out the revised food list. Some of those are really important differences from Atkins, and may help you from fainting (NOT a desired state!). The allowed Dairy and Legumes keep this from being ultra low carb, so use them. I love beans in my lunch salads, and veggie sides. The ricotta creme desserts are really good as long as you DON'T use fat-free ricotta (bad texture, too many additives). If you get your 4.5 Cups of veggies in each day, you should be able to stay upright, and actually feel really good! Good luck. And, I used the Supercharged book from the library for a bit, but then relied on this website.
Thanks for that information! I have a hard time with veggies... I HATE em (at least most of them) so that could be a bit of a problem for me. The only way I can eat my veggies is have butter on it lol. I'm going to try to find another copy of the book though and read through it. I'll also look at the revised food list.

Thanks for the replies guys! Really appreciate it!
Old 08-13-2012, 10:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Have you tried roasting veggies in olive oil? I almost like them better than with butter!
southmplsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote