100 lb. Club - What have you done for you today?

View Full Version : What have you done for you today?

SmallSteps
08-09-2012, 10:34 PM
What have you done today to help you succeed on your journey?

AwShucks
08-09-2012, 11:08 PM
I ate a little grilled chicken and salad while my coworkers chowed down on a free fajita lunch with all the fixings! Amazingly, I didn't feel deprived, even though I could practically taste the homemade tortillas. I kept telling myself.... one day, you can have that again -- just not today!

5yearscancerfree
08-10-2012, 12:23 AM
I had a salad with avocado and tomatoes instead of fried food like I normally do when someone makes me cry at work!

alaskanlaughter
08-10-2012, 12:30 AM
i worked out...it's sometimes the one and only thing that i do for myself each day, since i'm so busy with work, home and kids...it's my ME TIME and i do it first thing in the morning, even getting up early for it

TiffNeedsChange
08-10-2012, 12:51 AM
I got a 1totally hour swedish massage with body scrub and paraffin wax treatment and aromatherapy. It was amazing :)I think I will have to try for more than once per year!!

TiffNeedsChange
08-10-2012, 12:52 AM
I had a salad with avocado and tomatoes instead of fried food like I normally do when someone makes me cry at work!

Who is making you cry at work? That is awful. :(

Porthardygurl
08-10-2012, 01:14 AM
i gave myself a Mani-Pedi...Massaged my arms and legs with coco butter, shaved my legs..Massaged my arms and face with Vitamin E oil and gave myself a mini- brazillian style shave :0

SmallSteps
08-10-2012, 08:23 PM
Water Water Water!!!! And no Evil Pepsi!!

Lishar
08-10-2012, 08:48 PM
I went to my first Zumba class even though I was nervous about looking like a fool. Well I did look like a fool but hopefully not many noticed. It was hard work and I was sweating a lot. I just kept remembering sweat is fat crying.

I am loosing weight for myself not for anyone else.

AwShucks
08-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Lisha, Don't you love Zumba?! Swing those hips, girl and forget about everyone else! :)

westcoast rosa
08-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I went for a really nice swim at the lake!

5yearscancerfree
08-10-2012, 10:02 PM
I went to my first Zumba class even though I was nervous about looking like a fool. Well I did look like a fool but hopefully not many noticed. It was hard work and I was sweating a lot. I just kept remembering sweat is fat crying.

I am loosing weight for myself not for anyone else.

Don't feel bad about your Zumba class. I took a belly dance class and wasn't paying attention in the veil work area and instead of neatly releasing my veil behind my head, I choked myself with it. They had to stop the class because we were all laughing so hard! Keep up the good work!

5yearscancerfree
08-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Who is making you cry at work? That is awful. :(

I have to deal with mean and hateful customers just about every day and our management is so spineless, they make ameoba look great!~ I have been using my WII game to do boxing and I pretend it is their face. It really helps most days! Thank you for the kind words, it has lifted my spirit today!:carrot:

5yearscancerfree
08-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Small steps,
Thank you for this challenge. This has helped me think what I CAN DO to help myself on this journey. And today's answer was to buy myself roses, not chocolate cookies. Plus, I bought sherbert instead of fast food. Thanks for the challenge = it is really helping me!:carrot:

calluna
08-10-2012, 11:05 PM
I picked up my bib and packet for tomorrow's Lee Shore Run for Women (10K).

Chubbygirl253
08-10-2012, 11:39 PM
*got up at 7am to exercise when I wanted to sleep more
*2hrs and 45mins of cardio at the Y
*grocery shopped for only healthy stuff
*bought 3 kinds of lowfat healthy treats that I love so I have no reason to go off plan
*took total body measurements. (didn't like those numbers. yikes)

linJber
08-11-2012, 08:30 PM
My small, women only gym closed at the end of June, planning to re-open by the beginning of August at a new location. I had been just doing Turbo Kick with a group from that gym and one of the instructors twice a week until we found out a week ago that it probably is not going to open again. So, I joined a new gym (coed) this week, which would have scared the heck out of me 18 months ago. I took Body Pump and Zumba classes - both for the first time ever. What fun it is to look like a goof in front of 40 strangers!

Lin

kelly315
08-11-2012, 08:50 PM
I went for a hike/partial jog in a nearby metropark (nature preserve in a city). I got lost for 3 hours, making it a total hike of 4+ hours. While it was upsetting at the time, it turns out I burned almost 3,000 calories in that time! WoooHOO!

Chubbygirl253
08-11-2012, 09:14 PM
I exercised for 1 hour and 45 mins on my rest day. I think I'm afraid to stop moving. I tend to let lazy days run together until it kinda gets away from me. When I work out every day I feel like I'm in control. But I did sorta let my body rest since I didn't do a full workout, only about half.

Lisabean
08-11-2012, 11:09 PM
OK, I am glad I read these posts! I need to be doing something for myself!

sluggerbean
08-12-2012, 02:03 PM
I bought a new outfit! :D