Weight Loss Support - Not-so-noticable signs of weight loss

tricon7
08-09-2012, 05:00 PM
The obvious signs of weight loss are the scales and the tape measure. But I noticed recently that when I tilt my head back, that accumulation of fat that used to bunch up on the back of my neck is missing. :) Also, I used to have fat on my sides that would incessently jiggle when I walked or moved fast. I just realized that I don't have them anymore. :sunny:

TiffNeedsChange
08-09-2012, 05:03 PM
Yay!!

dangerouscurvesahead
08-09-2012, 05:51 PM
yea! congrats! i found my jawline which i knew was there somewhere! ah! the lil thangs! lol

linJber
08-09-2012, 09:42 PM
I was at a stop sign at a very busy intersection that is at a sharp angle. You have to turn your head very hard to the left to make sure no one is coming. I realized I could see blocks farther down the street. That was big. So was the day I realized I was crossing my legs the normal way - not with my ankle on my knee. Good job! Keep it up!

Lin

drixnot
08-10-2012, 03:43 AM
New stretch marks on my belly from LOSING weight.

Kery
08-10-2012, 05:01 AM
Not ruining my jeans (between the legs, where thighs chaff) as quickly as before. It's interesting, telling myself "hey, I bought that pair 5 years ago, and it's still good! Wow!"

tricon7
08-10-2012, 10:23 AM
I also remembered that when I would shower, I had a difficult time washing my back because I couldn't reach all the way around. Now, it's no problem at all.

It's much easier to notice things that are new than things that have disappeared. I sometimes forget these little things.

08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
I've noticed that I can cross my legs much better as I've lost a few inches on my thighs. Oh and I can put my fingers round my wrist and they can touch. I couldn't do that a few months ago.

Last one, I can put my seat belt on with one hand and reach across my body :D

SunnySide99
08-10-2012, 07:31 PM
I can see my collarbone now.

I can see/others can see muscles in my legs when I'm walking or standing.

My obliques are getting tighter so now I can wear belts and not have too much flab hanging over it!

Justwant2Bhealthy
08-11-2012, 10:25 PM
I have a neck and a chin now ... :lol: I can see my collarbones and that little bone bump on the top of my shoulder. My thighs don't rub together anymore. I can also reach to wash my whole back, and touch my hands together (one over and one under); and wrap my wrists together behind my back. Plus, I can cross my legs higher too.

Still some more to go yet, but that's a lot really ... :D

08-12-2012, 11:19 AM
When I go to bed it takes me longer to get comfortable because my hip bones dig in. Before, I had extra fat cushioning my hips and it was easy to get comfy, not so much now! :D

KittyKatFan
08-12-2012, 04:49 PM
The ugly back fat is missing and has been replaced by some shoulder blades I can actually see a little higher up:)

And I have wrist bones now, to go along with the collar bones. I think I can even feel my backbones now.

ParadiseFalls
08-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Woohoo! Congrats!! I think those are the things that make weight loss really enjoyable. I'm not going to be in a size I can be proud of for a long time, but wait! is that my jaw instead of the fat layer I used to feel on top of it? Yesss! :dance: Stuff like that. I can't wait to get as far as you! You're doing an awesome job :)

AmyAmy
08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
I was doing downward dog at my body balance class, and I noticed that the gap in between my legs was getting bigger. Also, while I was on the floor I noticed my hipbones digging into the carpet.

SerenityDiva
08-12-2012, 08:49 PM
My calves are leaning out and have more angles to shave.

My boobs go farther out than my stomach.

I can walk to put up the cart at the grocery store without thinking twice, before my feet hurt, my hips hurt, and it just was tiresome if the buggy holder was far. Oh yeah I don't dread pants with zippers anymore :carrot:

swissy
08-13-2012, 07:35 AM
When I was 16 I used to think ugh I'm so fat even though I was slim and toned everywhere except for my stomach then one day being 20 I realised my back was as bad as my tummy was.. now my back looks normal!! and doesnt muffin top.

When i wear a top and bottoms I'm more proportioned, up and down and not bulging out from my natural frame.

Only last week I was looking in the mirror with my arms down without much on and noticed that my waist under my bust actually does go in to form a lovely curve, I've seen pics of girls who are under 150/130 lbs and their hips are sameish width as their bust and I always thought I was like that because I felt like such a blob.

I can feel hip bones now, cant seem em yet but I can tell their wider so im pretty sure I have an hourglass ish figure :)

I can see my shoulders having angles now! so theres less fat on the outsides of the arms which makes me feel more normal.

My face looks more like a face now and not a fat head with some features on it, honestly I felt like I didnt even look like myself.

Dottington
08-13-2012, 10:43 AM
One of the biggest ones for me was when my boobs stuck out more then my stomach :D haha Also sleeping has gotten much harder because of knee bones and hip bones! A really neat one recently is that I've pretty much lost any neck fat and my cheek bones and jaw are really starting to stick out.

kateleestar
08-13-2012, 10:47 AM
My "buffalo hump" is gone! lol.

ParadiseFalls
08-15-2012, 06:32 AM
My face looks more like a face now and not a fat head with some features on it, honestly I felt like I didnt even look like myself.

This! :lol: Although my newly revealed face probably looks like your "fat head," at least now I feel like I look like someone instead of just "fat person."