Exercise! - Anyone use ActivTrax

View Full Version : Anyone use ActivTrax

Lishar
08-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I just rejoined the Y. I started walking on the treadmill but read that strength training is really helpful with weight loss. They have this program there and I wondered if anyone here uses it? If so how do you like it? Do you find it helpful, easy to use? I have an appointment on Monday to get my password and go over the equipment.

Thanks Lisha

Ilene
08-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Never heard of it but try it out, sounds interesting... :bravo: for exercising period!

JoJoBeanz11
08-10-2012, 10:00 PM
I started going to the Y and had my orientation for ActivTrax a little over a week ago. I've done the strength training twice this week, went to my first Zumba class and incorporated 2 days of walking as well. I didn't know where to start so the ActivTrax system has helped me with a sense of direction and when I accomplish the check-list I feel great about it. The instructors where I go are very helpful, if I have a question about using the machines they are right there beside me. I don't think it's really for weight-loss as much as it is for "toning". When I'm using certain machines I can really feel my back muscles, shoulders, core (especially abdominal) working. I started out doing 5-10 minutes cardio on the treadmill at my own pace, stretching really well, completing the check-list, 15-20 more minutes of cardio and then stretching again afterwards. My ActivTrax logs have been running at around 45 minutes each time. Weight-loss is important of course, but I've come to realize that the toning and defining of your underlying muscles is an important asset too! :) Hope this helps!

Lishar
08-10-2012, 11:32 PM
Thanks. I go on Monday for my password and machine orientation. I know the weight training will not make me loose weight. It will help me tone my muscles which will help in the long run.

JoJoBeanz11
08-11-2012, 11:25 PM
Yep, good luck and have fun with it! It makes me sore right now but feels great at the same time :)