100 lb. Club - Holidays: musings and reflections

View Full Version : Holidays: musings and reflections

salsa chip
08-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Hi all :)

What are your thoughts on holidays, time off, that kind of thing, and the role (if any) they might play in losing weight?

I ask as I've just got back from effectively a fortnight away, and I've got all these thoughts jumbling about in my head and I'd like to get them down somewhere before they all escape, but would also like to hear from you about it!

Goddess Jessica
08-08-2012, 01:34 PM
It's interesting. When I am vacationing without my Cute Boyfriend, I lose weight. I tend to walk more, eat less. However, when he's around, we eat a lot more (not that it's his fault but more that we tend to go out and celebrate more). I just got back from a week with my family (who I don't live near) and I gained 6 while I was away. Much of that was because I was in the part of the country that doesn't eat as "baseline" healthy as Californians do and part of it was having ice cream and beer every day.

What's interesting is that this time around, I noticed that everyone gained weight on vacation (my skinny mom, my thin sister, her tiny husband). I think before, I thought I was the only one.

I will say, what's different this time around is that I went back to being on plan (almost) immediately afterwards.