General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #1  
KW9

S/C/G: 370/321/175

Default Anything wrong with what i am doing?

Hi all!

I started out at 370 and lost 35 lbs just by cutting out certain foods and monitoring as much as possible.

In the last two weeks i have been tracking everything and i get between 1400 and 1800 calories a day. I have been working out most days, maybe 3 days off so far. I do weights 3 days, with a break between to let my muscles relax a little. I have worked up to an hour of cardio but recently put it back to approx 30 mins because i walk at 2.5 then go up to 3.7 ish for a jog lasting 60-90 seconds a time and back down. I am slowing working up the speed.

I only drink water, green tea and milk.

I feel better after my workouts and i am never hungry, i also just generally feel better, i am sleeping great! Not always 8 hours but i aim for that.

I know from reading around that it can be normal to see no weight loss on the scale when you start working out, sometimes a gain. I am aiming to keep away from the scale for a while because it's not moving and it is disheartening!

Am i missing anything vital?

Thanks!
KW9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #2  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

nope! makes sense.

if you're counting calories- are you measuring? weighing your portions?

if you're just ballparking the cal range (which is what i do and lose) i like to have a fairly early dinner (before 7 pm) and if i'm a little hungry when i'm going to bed, it means there's going to be a loss.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Looks like you have a good plan going. I am especially glad you are lifting weights. That is so important when you are on a low calorie diet. It helps keep your metabolism up.

I would also venture the input that weighing and measureing is so important when counting calories. Especially when the scale isn't moving. Be a bit more precise and I know you will see results.

I weigh everyday and if the scale doesn't move I reflect on what I did or didn't do the day before. Perhap you are eating something specific that just doesn't agree that losing weight is what you should be doing.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #4  
KW9

S/C/G: 370/321/175

Thanks!

I have been using measuring cups but i know they can be off some, i have even been measuring peanut butter, which gets messy! my kitchen scale arrived today so starting tomorrow i will be measuring precisely where possible. Hopefully something will give.

Thank you for your input
KW9 is offline   Reply With Quote