Simply Filling/Core - Simply filling/Core Chat: Aug 7- Aug 13

Tejas
08-07-2012, 11:21 AM
New pages.

Tejas
08-07-2012, 11:29 AM
The rain fizzled out. :(

We had dramatic storms last night too...all noise and light, no rain. Texas.

Yesterday was the one- month mark for my foot surgery. It has hurt more and longer than I ever anticipated. But, to be fair, the podiatrist did say 6 weeks. Tap practice started agin this morning. I was going to go watch, but decided not to go because there is long flight of stairs to the practice hall--no elevator.

I would say don't ever have foot surgery unless it is required, which mine was. There is a woman at my church who is having extensive foot surgery. Her foot is in an S shape from rheumatoid arthritis. OUCH.

I've been back in control of my eating for a good week now...and it feels good.

We're getting the piano tuned next week. :woohoo:

ontarget
08-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Rhonda, I have had a couple of foot surgeries. I remember my first taking what seemed like forever to heal. My podiatrist said I gave him gray hair. I kept wanting out of "the shoe." Congratulations on being back on program this past week. That's great.

I went to ww this morning and was up 4 lbs. I'm dusted and back op. I'm going to get off here and have some watermelon now. Catch you later.

Tejas
08-07-2012, 11:03 PM
I hope I never have to do anything like this again. It's not just the foot; it's the whole body that hurts...like you've been hit all over with something.

Another good food day.

sloanie
08-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Three pounds off using some of the principles of the Leptin Resistance Diet. :carrot:

Our school still holding out for more money, and we are home. It has been a very interesting process to watch. In the last five years, our student population has increased while funding from our county has decreased. It is amazing to me that the commissioners cannot see that they need to do something. You can't feed a family of five the same food you can feed a family of three on the same grocery budget, how do they think the school system does not need an increase? Something to note: our student scores are some of the highest in the state! Ok off my soap box.

Rhonda, I'm sorry you are still so uncomfortable. It really does take a long time to recover from surgery on the bones and their surrounding tissues. Hang in there!

Sandra, good for you on getting back to it. Watermelon sounds good!

Hey to the rest of you chickies! Have a great day, y'all :)

pam920
08-08-2012, 10:42 AM
good morning chickies.

Sloan, hope the kiddies can get back into school soon. Just think, this extra time home gives you time to clean the hoarder room, lol.

Rhonda, I am surprised it's taking so long for your foot to heal. I had a tibial osteotomy (look it up) and I was on crutches and in a brace for over 3 months. The pain was really bad and I would never do it again. Worse pain I ever had. But, I do have to say it was successful.

Sandra, I am not liking BB right now. Danielle is nuts.

I got my fabric yesterday. I ordered it on Saturday. They shipped on Monday and I got it in one day. It's a geometric pattern, so will be easy to cut for sewing. They sent it on the bolt, so I hope they didn't short me. I ordered 11 yds.

Have a good day.

beach bum
08-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm back again,just had a busy Tuesday.Today I'm resting for another exciting Thursday with Rita going via bus to Hyannis, to explore the Kennedy area. Once we get out there[1hr] we will figure out what restaurant we will go to for lunch.

We want to get away from the CROWDS as this weekend we are have a flea market at St Patrick's on Fri, than a walk race on Saturday following with a big ROAD RACE on Sunday. TG I'm heading North on Sunday to meet the Medjugori tour friends for a reunion. After the race the tourist seem to dwindle a bit as lots of college kids have to go back to school,and than summer is over for a while and than the September Foliage crowd come up to see the leaves change.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,sorry your foot is still hurting I guess it going to take a while. By all means don't start tapping again until the doctor tells you its ok to do so. I called my podiatrist today but he not in on Wed so I have to call tomorrow to make an appointment to have my nails clipped.

SANDRA-Its been a hot and bad summer with all this heat I have a feeling it just water retention,and you lose it again.

SLOAN-Congrats :carrot: on your 3 lb loss. In my opinion I think people are getting tired of paying high taxes for the schools when the kids are not learning. In NY we had more staff than kids and they were paid high salary's. and I think that the same up her in Ma.

PAM -Good luck in your sewing project. I not a sewer so I have npt idea a a bolt of material is from a reg material.

Have to go and start dinner have a great day.

ontarget
08-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Sloan, I guess you should try to enjoy your time off. Can ya'll think of this as bad weather days?

Rhonda, I just called Braum's. They are open till 11:30 Sat night. How about we meet there when ya'll can? Curtis and I would really like to get away from home a bit, and we can have our weekly hot fudge sundae or something. What do you think?

Maryann, I wish it were water retention. I earned those 4 lbs. I even made Paula Deen's Peach Cobbler and ate my share. :lol:

We just got home from Ft. Worth. Curtis had PT then we ran some errands. I am sooooooo tired of hearing complaints about my driving. And my parking! Thank goodness he's doing most of the driving around here. I have bitten my lip almost in two trying not to fuss. Life goes on.

Pam, I think Danielle's nuts, too. She should have put up Mike instead of Will. Oh, well.

ontarget
08-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I got hacked on FB by someone saying I'd lost 18 lbs using HCG. Now why couldn't I have been hacked by someone claiming I was Miss America?

pam920
08-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Sandra, I get the live feeds, so you will be shocked after tonights show. I didn't want to tell any spoilers, wasn't sure if you read them or not.

ontarget
08-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Thank you, Pam. I've been staying away from that spoiler website. And I won't see tonight's till tomorrow afternoon online. I haven't been watching it on TV.

Tejas
08-08-2012, 09:18 PM
The worst pain I have ever had is shingles. It didn't last long, but it was horrid. I thought I was dying. The second time I had it, I knew what it was and was not so scared.

I know about tibial osteotomy, Pam. I would be fit to be tied with three months of crutches and non-movement and pain. My affliction will be over soon--he said 6 weeks, and that's just 2 more weeks. I've never heard anyone say they would have hip, leg, knee or foot surgery a second time :lol: It's got to related to the non-movement and having to take such care about weight bearing. And, then when you can move, everything is out of kilter for a long time. I've known people who have had heart surgery with less pain.No wonder they have to shoot horses most of the time.

Sloan, the Texas school system is bonkers, stark raving mad, but I've never heard of what you're going through. I hope it ends soon and that the students are NOT penalized for credits.

Maryann, you're really traveling around now. I hope you have fun. I've never been to Hyannis, but have seen it from the water on the cruise we took last year.

Hacked on FB? How does that happen, Miss America?

Braum's would be good, Sandra. We'll have to call you to find out where it is. I'll bop Curtis on the head ;) Doyle doesn't complain, much. He prefers for me to drive, and so do I. I'm not doing much now and I just sit in the back seat with my leg propped up when we go far.

I had a pretty good food day.

nancy237
08-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Have a long list from the stager that the realty company sent..
Does it ever end..I have been cleaning out for almost a year and a half and I still feel like I don't see the bottom of this stuff..
Maybe I can rent a storage unit if it sells and store it as I sort so I dont move this stuff to another place..My visable space is clutter free but the attic,sheds & closets have stuff to sort still.
My step daughter wants to have a yard sale Sat so for 2 days I am pulling out as much as possible..

Everyone is staying so busy...Sandra..now I want to look up HCG diet :D

Tejas
08-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Good luck with the work, Nancy. I spent just about 2 years cleaning out a lifetime of stuff before I retired and sold my home. It is just very simply a tough job. But, boy did I feel better after it was done.

ontarget
08-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Rhonda, Braum's is on Henderson just a little past the football stadium. Same side of Henderson as the stadium.

I'm sorry for your pain. Curtis was in a great deal yesterday, too. I think that's why he was grouchy with my driving. I am glad he's doing most of the driving. I am much happier being the co-pilot.

Nancy, it'll be over soon. Hang in there.

Vickie, Sloan, Jackie, and Maryann, :wave:

Have a great day, everyone. Keep cool and do what you need to do to get where you want.

Tejas
08-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Pain does not glorify the human spirit. :nono:

ontarget
08-09-2012, 12:59 PM
I hear ya, Rhonda. The only arguments we've had during all this is over my driving. I guess he's a little shorter since I bit off his head.

I downsized before moving to Montana then again before moving back to Texas. For me it got easier and easier to declutter. At first things had more sentimental value. Guess I've been lucky. I haven't regretted giving up anything yet. Hope that lasts.

We just had chicken fajita salad/ff rf beans for lunch. It was delicious!

Tejas
08-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Well, OK, if you beat him up, I'll go easy on him.

I had a very busy afternoon trainer and then with great-great nephew and great-niece----then I went to two meetings--one political and one related to the city's new city plan.

Enough! Going to bed.

beach bum
08-10-2012, 11:44 AM
HI Ladies:)

Had a wonderful time out in Hyannis,we took the bus at 12:15 that had a least 10 stops before we got to Hyannis[1hr] but once we got there we walked down Main street until we found the Schooner restaurant and stayed there until 3 PM.We almost took the DUCK DUCK tour but decided not to as we really didn't know what the bus schedule was for our return trip home. One hour later we went for ice cream and than headed back to the bus terminal for the 4:30 bus.

Today is a stay home day as it looks like it going to down pour soon. At our parish we have a flea market going on today and tomorrow,Bought some cook books last year, but this year I'm not going but anything as I have to much that I have to get rid of as my DD & DS don't want my good china or silverware and other things they don't want. I guess what we liked from our parents years ago,is a lost art as kids today don't have any sentimental value and don't want old stuff .I have lots a religious statues that the kids don't want either. Have to find a convent or church that I can donate too.

SANDRA-Oh with this hot humid weather I thought it might be water retention. It hard not to indulge even it if was just a peach cobbler. This is the first year that I'm not eating as much in this hot heat, last year I to eat all the time .{{{{{{{ WARNING}}}}}}}} That's the reason I don't belong to face book I don't TRUST that site and I had to go into it when i DD came back from Ireland and put all her pictures in it.

RHONDA-My friend Rita thought of going out of Falmouth as we did all the restaurant is town so now we are branching out to other towns it just took us 1hr on the bus to get there. Just call us the HAPPY WANDERERS.We did have fun,the town wasn't as crowded as usual but we think they all were at the beach.

Have to go,have a great day

ontarget
08-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Just got home a bit ago from flinging arrows at the new shop. What a life! We had a great time. Of course, Curtis was coaching and not shooting. He should be able to shoot in a couple of months or so.

My eating's going well. Life is good.

Happy Wanderer, enjoy yourself.

Rhonda, we're eager to see you two tomorrow evening. (And we're eager to go to Braum's, too.) :lol:

sloanie
08-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Still staying close to the Leptin Resistance food list. I have lost 5 pounds, so far. It has been amazing that I have not been hungry at all! I am eating mostly no starch veggies, eggs, fish, chicken, citrus fruit, berries, nuts, and olive oil. I am also drinking lots of green tea. I know that a majority of the 5 pounds is water, but it feels nice to see my weight going down instead of up.
We are still in limbo about starting school. Our school board has cut the budget further, and the county commission will vote on funding on Monday. So far, only about one third of the commissioners have voted in favor of funding. As you can imagine, parents are outraged and have started petitions to recall several of the commissioners. It is crazy but is a very good lesson in local government.

Sandra, congrats on your "eating well". Sorry Curtis is giving you "the business" about your driving.

Rhonda, glad you can still go to the trainer. Hope your foot is coming along.

Maryann, some of my favorite things are dishes and linens that came from my grandmother.

Nancy, you are going to feel so good when all of your hard work is done. Nice that you have access to a stager.

Hey Pam and Vickie!

ontarget
08-10-2012, 08:27 PM
:woohoo: Sloan. 5 pounds = 5 pounds. I'm happy for you. You're doing great. Thank you for giving us some info on what you're eating.

pam920
08-10-2012, 11:26 PM
hey chicks. I was gone all day yesterday. I met a client of my daughters and she wanted me to come to her moms house. She passed away 3 wks ago. She has some antique pieces and wanted my opinion on the value. The lady was an organized hoarder. Never threw anything away. Oh my. I couldn't believe all the stuff in that house. Clothes, clothes and more clothes. Papers, kitchen packed to the brim. etc etc. I spent the whole day with her. I helped declutter one side of the dining room. It is going to take them forever to clean out that house. Really liked her. She is originally from Chicago so we had a lot in common, me being from Michigan.

Today I made my curtain panels and got them hung. I love them.

Rhonda, sorry you are still in so much pain. I meant about my knee surgery, if I knew ahead of time how painful it would be, I would have not had the surgery. It was horrific.

Sandra, glad you had fun flinging arrows. I bet Curtis is itching to get back to that.

Maryann, we'll just call you the Wanderer now. Glad you girls are venturing out and seeing new things.

Nancy, I would love to come stage your home. Best of luck with that.

sloan, you need to post a sample menu for a couple days. I need to get serious about losing 20 lbs. I have gained 2 lbs and if I don't do something about it now, it will be 5 lbs and then 10 lbs before I know what hit me. Congrats on 5 lbs. That is so great.

ontarget
08-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Pam, I'll bet you thoroughly enjoyed your visit. And you were prob a great deal of help for her.

Curtis was in coaching mode all morning. He was hoarse when we left. :D:

ontarget
08-11-2012, 09:59 PM
We met Doyle and Rhonda at Braum's Ice Cream Parlor this evening. It was good to visit with them. I'm afraid Doyle and I bore Curtis and Rhonda with so much talk about the past. We get caught up chatting about our grandmother. She was quite the character! Hmmmmmm----so are Doyle and I. Wonder where we got it.

We're looking forward to seeing them again next month. Life is good!

nancy237
08-11-2012, 11:25 PM
We had a successful yard sale today. Daughter decided to set it up inside the garage & advertise "rain or shine" because we had a rainy forecast. I think that meant lots of extra people and we sold almost everything we wanted to

Eating has been really bad all day, so tonight I went grocery shopping to start doing better.. Here is my plan

Breakfast- protein shakes
Lunch- salads
Dinner- chicken,lean meats,seafood and veggies
snacks- cheese /nuts /yogurt

How does that sound??

pam920
08-12-2012, 01:12 PM
sounds perfect Nancy. That is how I want to eat, but it never seems to happen. I have the best of intentions and then a bump in the road messes it up.

nancy237
08-12-2012, 02:58 PM
sounds perfect Nancy. That is how I want to eat, but it never seems to happen. I have the best of intentions and then a bump in the road messes it up.

me too..that is why my tracker isn't very honest right now ;)

ontarget
08-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Nancy, sounds healthy to me. I am trying to snack on fruit but sometimes Braum's hops in. Well, other sources hop in, too. Like Vickie reminds us, "Baby steps."

I am feeling smaller today, but should feel smaller than that. Again--baby steps.

ontarget
08-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Rhonda, are you getting rain? Storms? So far we're not getting anything.

Tejas
08-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Lots of thunder and lightening, not enough rain.

I had a good day yesterday, visiting with Sandra and Curtis, and with friends from high school as we begin to plan our 50th reunion for 2013.

Pam, that sounds like an interesting time decluttering. I wonder how people people hoard things. Honestly, I think we should all have to take two things out when we bring one thing in.

Nancy, congrats on the sale.

I had a good day with food also. I ate well and had a little treat of red wine and dark chocolate. I'm watching the closing ceremonies of the Olympics, wishing I had just a portion of the dancers' energy!

Tejas
08-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Last and first on prize goes to me!

I think the Leptin resistant diet is a lot like the Paleo diet. I can't find a really clear guide to the leptin resistant diet though...what am I missing on google.

Our dog Kyra has a tumor on her left haunch. We took her in today and the vet says it is benign and doesn't need to be removed unless it grows and impinges on internal organs. DH is real hero--he built a ramp so that she can get into and out of the car since her arthritis prevents her from getting in and out. The ramp worked like a charm :woohoo:

Our kitchen sink is stopped up and we can't get it unplugged. ...waiting for the plumber. DH went up on the roof to try to get to the drain from above (don't ask me) and managed to skin up both of his shins! He's just trying to take away some of the attention that belongs on my foot. He's just jealous. Now, I have to take him the ice packs and pain killers. :lol:

pam920
08-13-2012, 03:10 PM
Rhonda, I couldn't find much on the diet either. Guess they want us to buy the book. Hope they fix your sink.

My husband just told me another shooting in Texas. I turned on CNN to hear what happened.

I am so short of breath today. I get this way off and on but today is unusually worse. I looked it up and you can get angina without the actual chest pains. I am leaning towards that. I see my heart dr in Sept.

Tejas
08-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Sink is fixed and plumber says that it was just a normal blockage and not to worry about using the garbage disposal..just run lots of water. We should be composting but DH just hates that. I had a huge compost bin in Toronto where I actually grew more veggies. I have too much shade here.

Yes, there was a shooting. I'm not sure of the details. Some reports say people are dead, others say not.

Pam, sorry you're short of breath...that must be scary.

pam920
08-13-2012, 07:04 PM
Rhonda, woohoo, sink if fixed. I remember once my daughter put potato peels down disposal. She used potato peeler and the peels were super thin. When we all get together, we usually make 10 lbs and that is a lot of peel and she clogged my pipes. Took us forever to get it unclogged. Never again, no peels in sink.

Ordered a comforter for my hoarders room. It's coming together nicely.

ontarget
08-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Rhonda, give Doyle an atta boy for building the ramp. I hope Kyra doesn't have problems with the tumor. Glad ya'll got your sink unclogged.

Pam, can you move your appointment up to this month? I'm worried about you.

I took the grands swimming today but we didn't swim. The pool is already closed on weekdays. We went to Braum's then to the movies instead.

Tejas
08-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Pam, oh yeah. I hardly use the garbage disposal and not for high fiber things at all.

I just made another good protein shake: papaya puree, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 c of low sugar OJ, 1 c of almond milk. Yummy. I have strawberries and should have put them in also.

We are going to take my great niece and great great nephew (7 and 8) out to dinner with DH's grandchildren to celebrate gk's birthday. wish us luck! :lol:

nancy237
08-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Pam..I think you should get checked..shortness of breath is something to double check !! Worried too..

ontarget
08-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Pam, how are you feeling?

Rhonda, I hope all weent well with the bday dinner.

I got a pedi/mani today. Life is good.

Tejas
08-14-2012, 09:49 PM
We had a great time..only the great niece joined us. The other kids were younger but it was fun to watch her take care of them. She said she had fun. As we drove home we watched the car thermometer drop from 103 to 79 in less than 30 minutes. We were exactly on the southern edge of a storm front which in here in full force now. Wonderful rain! :dance:

sloanie
08-15-2012, 07:35 AM
Back to school on Thursday :carrot:

pam920
08-15-2012, 09:43 AM
morning chicks.

Sandra, i'm fine. I've had this problem, off and on, since the beginning of the year. I'll let my dr. know and see what he thinks.

Sloan, I know you will be glad to get school started. I still want to hear about a few days of your new diet, so I can see if it's doable for me.

Rhonda, that is a big drop in temps. I welcome the rain too. This has been a hot summer.

Going shopping into TN today with my daughter. I'm hoping to find a few things for the hoarders room. I guess I need to start calling it the guest room, since I cleaned out the clutter.

Nancy, have you listed your house yet? Still in the staging process?

Where is our Wanderer???? Maryann, are you off wandering and forgot about us?

Hey Vickie.

ontarget
08-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Rhonda, we got some rain between 3-5 am. I'm not sure how much. Whatever we got is muchly appreciated.

Not many here. I hope you're all out there having some fun. Curtis and I went to Ft. Worth for his PT today. Now we're home relaxing. My new bow arrived last evening. Wonderful!! I'll shoot it Fri when we go to the shop.

My food's good. I'm also on program. (Just an attempt for a bit of humor)

sloanie
08-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Hey Pam,
B eggs, tomato, grapefruit
L salad with protein (no cheese), with olive oil and lemon juice for dressing
S broiled or grilled fish or chicken (you can have beef one a week), green veggies, berries
snacks-raw almonds, walnuts
unsweetened green tea three times a day
lots of spices

I have varied this a little, but I have made sure I am not eating any starch (no bread or vegetable starches). I have found that I am rarely hungry as long as I stay away from starch. If I do get hungry, I just have a few almonds. Hope that helps :)

I've been at school all day, and I am bushed. I will check back in later. Have a good evening, chicks!

ontarget
08-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Sloan, this definitely sounds like you'd lose. No starch. Hmmmmmmm.....

pam920
08-15-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm not a big egg eater. I like my oats in the morning. I can do without bread. Don't eat starchy veggies. What about beans? Are they considered starchy? Dairy?

Went shopping and didn't buy much. Why is it, when you are on a mission, you never find what you are looking for? I wish we would have went shopping in Bowling Green, KY instead of Cookeville, TN.

Sandra, a new bow sounds like fun. Is Curtis still in pain with his shoulder?

I"m tired.

ontarget
08-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Pam, Curtis is still taking pain meds but not often. Also. he usually takes 1/3 to 1/2 instead of a whole. I am constantly amazed at his recovery.

nancy237
08-15-2012, 10:21 PM
hey everyone..
Its hectic here with yard help, handyman, electrician and a crew putting new insulation and a vapor barrier down in the crawl space..I think it will be ready by our goal of Sept 1..

I am taking a break and headed to the mountains tomorrow with my cousin.
She is taking her daughter to college and we plan to camp til Monday.
I am planning to sleep lots !!

Its so hard for me to eat right while traveling..I am going to take a lunch at least for the first day..

I am trying to stick to South Beach type foods..and no wheat..

Sloan..your diet sounds good...

sloanie
08-16-2012, 07:11 AM
Pam, one source I have read about the Leptin Resistance diet says to hold off on beans for the first three weeks. What about low fat cottage cheese and fruit or a smoothie for breakfast? That might be an option. You can also google info about leptin resistance and the diet. As I have been reading, I have found conflicting information, so I have tried to use the principles that work for me. I have also had the added benefit of my tummy feeling good. As this diet is naturally gluten free, I'm sure that helps.

Sandra, sounds like Curtis is doing great! I'll bet he can't wait to pick up a bow again. I really think having no starch has made a huge difference in my level of hunger. You should try it. I noticed the difference on the very first day.

Nancy, enjoy your camping trip. I hope the weather is wonderful and you just soak in the beauty of God's creation!

Hey to the rest of you chickies !

First day back to school! Wish me luck :dizzy:

ontarget
08-16-2012, 04:51 PM
Thank you, Sloan. I may just try that. I'm sort of on "vacation" from dieting right now. I need to get my head back on straight. That might be a way to do it.

Tejas
08-16-2012, 10:47 PM
:wave:

pam920
08-17-2012, 10:13 AM
morning chicks.

Waving to Rhonda.

sloan, thanks for the info. I don't like cottage cheese. To me it looks like curdled milk. That diet sounds a lot like paleo diet. My sis did that one and says no dairy, no beans, no wheat. Have you lost any more weight?

I'm without my hubby for a week. His dad is getting a defibrillator today.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Vickie
08-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Good Morning Chicks! The summer is flying by and I can't seem to get myself together.

We are off to the doctor with Jim this afternoon.

Have a great day.

ontarget
08-17-2012, 03:10 PM
:wave: It's good to see you all here. We just got home from lunch after spending the morning at the new archery shop. I'm having a blast!!!!!

Sloan, okay, here's the plan: I'm going to continue doing WW but beginning Monday I am going to eliminate starchy veggies and bread for one week. I can commit to that. After the first week, we'll see if I can do more. I am actually a bigger "bread addict" than "sugar addict". This is going to be a challenge.

Vickie, you're right about summer. Where did it go? Schools are starting back up down here. I just accepted a week's assignment with Alvarado. I am excited and ready. I miss the kids! What did you find out about Brodie?

Tejas
08-17-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm just being lazy at home, but am headed out later to go to a political event tonight for a few hours.

I made a nice breakfast for us of scrambled eggs and egg beaters, turkey sausage and low carb bread. I'm having a protein shake soon before going out and want to be good at the event...might be hard, it is sponsored by some Latinos and they're going to cook. :lol:

Tomorrow one of the local churches is having a coffee tasting and the proceeds go to support the shelters...seems like a good idea and I'm going to go.

I had a routine mammogram this afternoon at a facility that is new to me. It wasn't so awful and the decor, staff, and ambience were very friendly.

sloanie
08-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Hey chicks! Today was our second day of school, and so far, so good. I did get a student today that I was not too happy to see, but we are going to start the year off on a positive note and see where that takes us :) I have lost a total of 7 pounds, now. I think it has been about 12 days. Tonight I had the spaghetti sauce that I made for dh over steamed cabbage. I stirred in about a tablespoon of ricotta, and it tasted pretty good. I will try to hang in there with this plan for as long as I can. I really want to get back to 130! My ticker is actually correct now. I had gained above that top number :(

Sandra, I am more of a bread than sweet addict, too. You will be surprised how quickly the craving for bread will disappear. Let me know how you are doing.

Rhonda, good for you on getting that mammogram. It is so important to take care of yourself. You go girl :carrot:

Hey Vickie! Hope Jim is okay.

Pam, hope your fil is okay. I know it must be scary getting a defibrillator.

Hi Maryann and Nancy

Tejas
08-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Sloan, good luck with the student, and congratulations on the weight loss. I don't even want to get on the scales. I know I've put on weight since I've been so inactive. You're gong to have us all running out to buy a book a book on Leptin resistance.

I did eat the Mexican food last night, but not much of it. I've got to go out at noon for a church board retreat and we're eating a restaurant that has a great salad so I'll have that for lunch. I had oatmeal and strawberries for breakfast.

Last night I decided to have 2 glasses of wine and skip the pain pill. Mistake. I want out of these torture boots...maybe Monday.

pam920
08-18-2012, 12:10 PM
morning chicks.

FIL is home and doing fine. The weather has cooled down and I'm enjoying it. I'm ready for fall. It has been too hot here.

sloan, I'm impressed with your fantastic loss. I'll have to get the book, as I can't find much info online. I don't eat starchy veggies and not a big bread eater. I'm assuming quinoa will be acceptable since it's technically a seed, not a grain. So, eggs for breakfast with turkey bacon and some fruit. Lunch is salad with grilled chicken, dinner...chicken or fish with veggies and quinoa or salad. Snacks will be nuts or fruit. Does this sound about right? The is doable for me.

Rhonda, you still have the boot? I thought you shed that a while back. Poor girl.

Sandra, we can do this. I'm jumping on board. I've put on a few pounds and need to quit procrastinating.

Where is our Wanderer?

Vickie, good to see you.

beach bum
08-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Sorry for being MIA since last Saturday,Having a very busy week,Starting with Sun with my Medjugorji reunion.Monday went to the movies to see Total Recall and than out to dinner Tuesday had a Falmouth Hosp luncheon, than on Wed another luncheon with a neighboring church that has a talk & video about the Blessed Mother prior to the lunch. Thursday out with Rita and than on Friday working with the Local Soup Kitchen.Hope it tapers off a little next week.

I GOT ON THE SCALE THIS MORNING AND I'M DOWN TO 162 AND HAVE 2 MORE POUNDS TO MEET MY AUG GOAL,AND 12 MORE POUND TO HIT MY FIRST GOAL OF 150.

SLOAN-:carrot:Congrats on your 5 lb loss:carrot:I agree I love the old cookbooks & recipes comparing to the new ones. I just bought 4 fund raising cookbooks from different clubs that the flea market they I bought them from and I love to have a person favorite recipe than a manufactured cookbook. Found some nice recipes to cook and bake.

PAM-Sorry about your DD clients mom passing away. I'm hoping not to be a hoarder anymore I try to throw out all stuff I don't need,but then after there gone I find a use for it. I am the HAPPY wanderer last week,have to slow down a little.

NANCY-I like your plan as that's what I'm doing Wed & Fri is my 3 x a day Atkins shake for my meals.

RHONDA-I used to use a plumber when my sinks were clogged but now I have my handyman come in and remove the clog. It much cheaper that way. Hope your p[lumber wasn't to expensive.

VICKIE-I see you were on the run also,hope to slow down next week,except for Sunday I'm going to see the movie the Campaign,and than Wed going out with Rita and the other days will be free.

Have a great day

sloanie
08-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Hey chickies! I have seen lots of books advertised for leptin resistance on the web, but I just looked at a lot of lists and kind of blended them. One list is here: http://www.drkessinger.com/images/leptin_diet.PDF If the moderator does not want the link here, just message me, and I will send it to you. I have looked at the paleo diet, and it is very similar. I think I am making it up as I go along, though ;)

I have started working on a Bachelor's degree in Health Management, and have had to start with statistics :dizzy: I think I am going to be VERY busy! The stats class is computer based, but the formal program is for one night a week for 18 months and starts in January. I currently have an associate of science degree in nursing and have always wanted to get a higher degree. The goal is to make myself more marketable in case teaching is no longer an option for me. If I am MIA, you will know why!

GTG work on stats problems :( TTFN

ontarget
08-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Hi there. Curtis and I have been at the archery center most of the day. Friends from Houston came up to be with us there all afternoon.

I have been telling people I was on vacation till Monday then I'd be getting back on a diet. Well, I'm ready to get back on track in the morning. I am tired of eating.

Sloan, thank you for the link. I have it up and will print it in a few minutes. I am going to give it a try. Congratulations to you and thank you for the inspiration.

Maryann, congratulations to you. You're doing really well. I'm happy for you.

Rhonda, I could use some wine right now myself. I'm tired. I'm also a bit depressed over my eating. No one force fed me, though. I did it to myself. I'm not getting on the scales till Tues at WW. Wish I didn't have to then but I know I need the accountability.

Jackie, Vickie, and Nancy, :wave: I miss you!

Tejas
08-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Sloan, thanks for the link. The good thing is I don't eat much from the c list, but every now and again I have a banana in a protein shake.

Pam, I haven't been in a real shoe in 6 weeks. I have the boot, and another shoe that is stiff on the bottom and prevents flexion. The boot hurts my leg and hip; the shoe hurts my foot. Sick of it. Supposedly on Monday, I get to transition from the stiff-bottomed shoe to a real shoe over a period of two weeks.

Sandra, don't spend too much energy on being down. Just get back up again. I'll start again with you tomorrow. My real temptation lately has been sweets, as I mentioned a few weeks ago. Normally, I could eat one cookie and stop--now, if they're around I want them. Thanks goodness I don't keep them at home and don't get out much recently.

Maryann, plumber wasn't too bad. $100 if I remember correctly. Doyle is good at handyman things, but this was beyond our capacities. Plumber said he thought the plug had been there a while, maybe even before we moved in-- and just reached the no-go point.

pam920
08-19-2012, 12:11 PM
morning chicks.

I'm jumping on the wagon with all of you, but i'm starting today. I need to go grocery shopping today. I have no fresh veggies.

sloan, thanks for the link. That helped a lot to see it in print. I pretty much stick to the A list anyway. It's a little too strict for me to follow to a tee, but I'll do my best. I do like my skim milk at dinner. I'm happy to see quinoa is allowed.

Rhonda, another two weeks isn't so bad I guess, although it will feel like a month to you.

Maryann, you are doing good with all your socializing and still dropping the lbs.

Have a great day.

ontarget
08-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Sloan, thank you for the list. I'm going to "sort of" do it in conjunction with Weight Watchers starting tomorrow. What I am committing to is:

a) No bread other than 2 slices of diet bread per day
b) No potatoes
c) 26 points total per day--NO WAPS!

This is for Monday-Sunday of this coming week.

I will let ya'll know each day my point total for the preceding day. And I'll let you know that I am being successful about bread/taters.

Rhonda, it sounds like your boot-tee-full time is over. You're beautiful even when you're in the boot, though. In fact, you're gorgeous. And no I am not wanting anything. Just stating a fact.

Pam, you have really healthy eating habits. I agree. It's good to see the list in print.

Thank you again, Sloan.

I'm taking the grands to see the new "Timothy Green" movie tomorrow. Should be fun. My gf is taking her grand, too. This time I WILL NOT HAVE POPCORN, but I will have a lot of fun!

Ya'll have a good day. I'll catch you later.

Tejas
08-19-2012, 06:28 PM
I woke up at 4:30 AM and could not sleep. So, I did the ironing and watched CNN interview with the Memphis 3--the young men who were wrongfully convicted of killing some boys. I had seen it before but it is just wrenching that we convict innocent people and even execute them.

I went back to sleep for an hour then went to church. DH and I went out for Mexican food but I ate modestly. Needless to say, I had a nap :lol:

I hope you've all had a good day.

Sandra--what do you want? I'll give you anything :rofl:

pam920
08-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Rhonda, the problem where we live in Ky is that the only sit down restaurant in town is Mexican. The rest are fast foods. Well, they have another one, but the cigarette smoke gags me, so I refuse to go in there.

I did pretty good today. I had an egg and toast this morning, a subway for lunch and a chicken salad for dinner. Grapes for my snack. That is it.

Here's to a great week for all of us.