Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Default Running and also weird bruising.

So I've been running a bit, a very tiny bit. Doing couch to 5k. Redoing week 1. Technically on week 2.

Anyway last night I was goofing around with my friend and stretched my leg a bit far, didn't think anything of it, woke up today with a GIANT purple bruise on the inside of my knee, it also seems like it has a weird...like, hm. It's like an indent, looks like a dimple really. It hurts when I extend it but not a lot at all. Hurts more when I touch it.

I sort of want to post a picture because I've never seen my body turn these colors before, lol. And the indent is freaking me out. But it's gross so I won't.

Anyway my question isss...does anyone think this is an injury that should keep me from working out? I do jillian's 90 day body revolution + running....

Clearly if I had a bruise on my shin I wouldn't stop working out cuz it's just a bruise, yknow? I just dont know if because of the placement and weird indent it might be something serious?

I could go to a doc but they require a massive co-pay so I'm trying to avoid that.

Does anyone know what the eff I'm talking about? Lol.
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW: 295/218/160

Height: 5'8''

Inner knee bruises can occur when you're running and your legs collide... maybe your gait was off while running with your friend? But if it's at all tender/painful I'd get it checked out. Better pay a bit now than have a lifetime of knee problems...

I hope it's nothing serious though!
jennynyc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: See tracker :3

Height: 5'5

Thank you for the reply!

I never would've thought of that, I just disovered the bruise this morning, I think if it isn't feeling at least a little better by tomorrow evening I'll go in. :]

<3
DandelionCupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote