Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #1  
Delectable Inside + Out

S/C/G: 163.3/132.8/100

Height: 5'00

Default Must lose 10lbs before October! Suggestions?

I understand that "lose it quick" typically results in "gain it back quick". That said, I desperately want to lose10lbs before attending a special event this upcoming October, and I'm okay with gaining the 10lbs back quickly afterwards. The event is going to have a lot of media coverage and I'd rather be 10lbs slimmer than I am now. I am about 125lbs. I have focused steadily on a balanced diet and moderate exerise but none of what I am doing is enough to "break" my plateau. I'm not looking for anything that would be classified as "unhealthy". I am looking for a weightloss regimen that may require extra discipline and produces results in a short time frame. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Pudgebrownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:55 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4

You're talking about losing 10 pounds of fat in 7-8 weeks... that's not really all that dramatic. If you work hard you can do that without resorting to anything drastic, and probably keep it off too if you want to.

What does your diet look like now?
How about your exercise program?
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #3  
Delectable Inside + Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JossFit View Post
You're talking about losing 10 pounds of fat in 7-8 weeks... that's not really all that dramatic. If you work hard you can do that without resorting to anything drastic, and probably keep it off too if you want to.

What does your diet look like now?
How about your exercise program?
It may not be drastic to you :] I have been deligently working on weight loss via eating well and exercising well but these 10lbs are just a bugger to shake. I certainly don't want to resort to anything drastic that may trigger my ED. I've done well for a couple years now, even during my pregnancy that was less than a year ago. I'm eating lots of fruits and veggies, proteins in other forms since I don't eat meat. I do about an hour of exercise a day (and what that is varies depending on how hectic things are with baby and the household).
Old 08-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4

Without more information, there really is no jumping off point for people to start giving you suggestions...
JossFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #5  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Best advice with so little information, pick a plan and stick to it. I like low-carb/clean diets and find I lose the best and with the least cravings, so anything from Atkins to Whole30 to my personal fave, the Perfect Health Diet, falls under that header. Find a plan that you can stick to and then do it. It's that simple (though not necessarily easy, I acknowledge that!).
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Buy some Spanx and make sure you have a properly fitting bra - you'll look 10 pounds thinner, at least.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #7  
Delectable Inside + Out

More specifically..

I eat around 1000 calories per day (give or take) and jog or walk for about 60 minutes daily. Some weekends it's switched up with swimming, and then that's a couple hours divided up into leisure paddling and swimming laps. I am also using Lose It which is an online program that assists me in documenting food consumption and exercise, and helps me keep track of progress (the good, bad and ugly). At the moment, it seems that my body is just in a major funk of not wanting to budge. I can easily lose 2-3lbs but it's annoying when those pounds magically reappear, even when I haven't changed anything in my routine. October is rolling around fast and I need a "jumpstart". If I wasn't attending this event, I wouldn't be worried about losing 10lbs by a deadline. Thanks for the responses.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #8  
Not settling this time

S/C/G: HW/CW/GW 278/149/130

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudgebrownie View Post
I'm not looking for anything that would be classified as "unhealthy".
If you're looking for healthy, just go with strict calorie counting and consider alternating between moderate/high carb days and high protein days or zig zagging your calories to keep your body guessing. On higher carb or higher calorie days, really kick up the cardio (increase time at the "fat loss" level). You should probably lay low on the weights (for this particular event) due to water retention. Avoid the salt.

Based on the urgency of your post, it sounds like you're looking for a quick fix. As you know, there are plenty of fad/starvation diets around if you google. However, even the fad diets can be a bust. They all over promise on the weight loss.
Prim2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #9  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

Eating 1000 cals a day is unhealthy, in my honest opinion.

I 2nd Arctic Mama's recommendation for the Whole30. I'm about halfway through and have blown through a long standing plateau. It's major clean eating, but so worth it!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #10  
Delectable Inside + Out

Thank you ladies for your input.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #11  
WC

S/C/G: sz 14-16/sz 10/sz 10 now sz 8

Height: 5'7"

Why don't you try a liquid fast a few days before? Or go no carb? I only suggest these things if you don't mind gaining it back as you said you don't.
lm3898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 208/162/140

Height: 5"3

anything under 1200 calories a day = no weight loss for me after a few weeks.

1600 with an active lifestyle should switch things up, check up your basal metabolic rate you need to eat the calories you need just to be alive every day or you will wear yourself down mentally and psychically.
swissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:20 PM   #13  
Fit Chick Summer 2013

S/C/G: 380/190/120

Height: 5'6

Eat veggies and fruit only cut out all processed carbs and foods, no dairy, no salt, no meat, drink only water and try to drink a gallon of water a day. Put lime or lemon in the water for flavor if you need it.

Eating watermelon daily really helps ya to lose weight also I noticed because of its diaretic effect.

A good diet plan would be like buy bags of frozen veggies at the store and steam them for each meal only put herbs on for flavor like pepper garlic oregano cilantro any herb you like add lime or lemon if you like just anything not dairy and not oily.

Have as much of that as you like in the day and use fruit for snacking and breakfast

I like to blend up an apple in my bullet blender and put cinnamon in it it tastes really good for a snack and better than any kind u can get at the store can leave the skin on even.

If you cant stand this diet with no meat then have some meat but only lean varieties no skin chicken fish or turkey a serving of meat is the size of the palm of your hand cut some up and put it in your veggies if ya need to but be sure to cook your meats with no oils so bake or grill them then your diet would look like

veggies and small portion of meat each meal either a salad or steamed veggies with meat using only herbs or other non dairy non oily flavorings.

turkey is good just to dip in different kinds of mustards as a snack

hmm thats all i can think of right now hope this helped some change it how you see fit just giving ideas

If you can get to a trader joes id suggest looking at their condiments for flavorings their red pepper spread is very good and can be used to flavor your foods very low calorie also http://glutenfreeislife.files.wordpr...009/06/018.jpg

and whatever other good condiments you find there that have no dairy or oil are great

oh yes or you can make smoothies with fruit or veggies I use a little unsweetened coconut milk from trader joes to make them and have one for breakfast sometimes it looks like this http://stellametsovas.com/blog/wp-co...0744810347.jpg then I add some frozen organic raspberries from trader joes those ones actually have alot of flavor not like the frozen kind u get at the regular grocery store and add some pineapple or mango or banana or frozen mixed berries they come out really good I buy all my frozen fruit from trader joes they taste really good there. Ones from the store end up tasting like nothing.

and if you are having a craving for ice cream or something like that maybe you could try this yonanas machine http://www.yonanas.com I love it and it really does taste like ice cream when you make it sometimes I have that for breakfast as well

you really need to become creative with this diet since it is so restrictive oh another good idea is make veggie and fruit shiskabobs on the grill or with low fat meat if your going to go the added meat route

Last edited by going2bskinny; 08-14-2012 at 01:36 PM.
going2bskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/136.5/130

Height: 5"6"

Have you looked up Intermittent Fasting? It helped me beat my last plateau. You should consider that your body knows what to expect from you, and you should do things to shake it up. Cutting carbs will ALWAYS do that, as will adding strength training a couple of times a week. IF (Intermittent Fasting) can help you push the "reset" button as well. When you don't eat for 16-24 hours, then eat a nice big healthy meal, your body will come to the conclusion that you are not starving and it will loosen its grip on the fat. Good luck, and I can't stress enough that if you want to see a VISIBLE difference, not just the number on the scale, you should be doing strength training- weights, squats, pushups.
mrslynah is offline   Reply With Quote