Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #1  
m3k
One LB at a time...

S/C/G: 222/Ticker/160

Height: 5' 6"

Default A little bit of venting, possibly TMI

I was so excited to have reached onderland, and I'm happy to say I'm still here as of this morning.

The bad news is, I spent 8.5 hours in the ER last night, and I'm a little frustrated as to how I might be thrown off track. That, and well, 8 hours...argh.

The gentleman and I went out to eat last night. We had our dinner, and then we went to walk to the car. As soon as I sat down in the car, I started feeling extremely strange. My entire torso was cramping, from my lower back, all the way to my shoulders. This would go on for a few minutes, and then I would feel an intense burning sensation in all of the muscles that had been cramping.

After a few minutes of this, I decided it was time to go to the ER, since I was losing consciousness and not feeling any better.

I got to the ER and in standard fashion, even though I looked like death, they let me sit. Well, I ended up hovering over the porcelain throne within 5 minutes.

After being sick, I felt better, but then it came again.

They got me right in after that, as apparently patients violently being sick in your waiting room is a good way to be admitted immediately.

Anyway, after a battery of tests, many pokes, prods, and IV's, they came to the conclusion that it was food poisoning, dehydration, and a urinary tract infection, and sent me home with some muscle relaxants to ease the intense back and rib pain as well as some antibiotics for the infection.

ARGH. What a night. We sat in the ER until about 3:30 in the morning, until all the tests were done. The staff were very nice, and quite concerned that I was comfortable, which made the whole experience at least a teeny bit better.

It's weird, because you would think I didn't want to ever see food again, however, after they released me and I actually got some sleep, I went and had some chicken and veggies. That, and a chocolate chip cookie. For some reason I'm craving sweets.

/rant. Thanks for listening! Here's to hoping that today and tomorrow are much better, and do NOT involve the emergency room!
m3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #2  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

wow what a night! hope you are feeling much better today

i also find that after a stomach upset in particular, that i am craving sweets...not carbs in general, just sweets...and after eating some, my stomach always feels better...dont know what the science might be behind that

so glad you went to the ER and had it checked out!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Glad you are feeling better!
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:05 PM   #4  
m3k
One LB at a time...

Thanks. Today has proved to be better. I indulged some of my sweets cravings, while sucking down loads of water and tea. Hopefully, this week goes better!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #5  

Height: 4'11"

Sorry to hear about all that... Just get right back on track!!
ravensglen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

hope you feel better and back to normal soon!
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Ughhhhh so much for a nice date night! Glad you survived and are feeling better. UTI and food poisoning at the same time is just cruel.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #8  
m3k
One LB at a time...

It is quite cruel. I'll get through it though!

Thank you for the kind words everyone.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/164/132

Height: 5'5

That sucks! But I think you'll be able to ovecome it without losing your way!!! Just keep thinking about the fact that you reached ONEDERLAND!!! You did it! Happy thoughts

I'm glad that you're feeling better already and I'm sure it will all blow over and you'll be able to enjoy your achievements!!!
1yr2mkovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:29 PM   #10  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Well... that didn't sound pleasant at all! Glad you're feeling better! You know, any time I get sick in the stomach, motion sickness, or whatever it is that leaves me feeling nauseous and weak, I crave sweets too. I just can't get enough sugar and junk food. Someone once told me that carbs were a great way to help counter the affects of sea sickness. I don't know why that is. The fact that you want sweets after dealing with a gastrointestinal event doesn't surprise me.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote