Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 08:15 PM   #1  

Post Cellulite

Forgive me if I asked this before (I don't think I have!) Boy, I am only 34 and sooooo forgetful. Back to my question - I have ALOT of cellulite on my buttocks, upper thighs and hamstrings - is there anything that will get rid of cellulite or at least reduce it?? It is looking worse than ever since I started strength training and cardio. Do I need to increase my cardio?? Have any of you noticed that your cellulite improved at all by strength training?
Old 04-07-2003, 07:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/163/149

Height: 5'7"

Schwartzie -

I don't think any combination of diet/cardio/exercise will reduce cellulite - so I wouldn't change up my program just to try to achieve that end.

IMO cellulite is just fat, so when you lower your body fat percentage, you will lose fat all over your body, and eventually it'll be a goner. I've seen an improvement in mine over the last 10 weeks.

As women, we tend to store a lot of our fat either on our butts/thighs/hips(pear shape) or gut(apple shape). When we lost fat, we lose it all over over bodies like losing layers of an onion, so you will find your upper body showing improvement while you can hardly tell at all on your lower body. We all simply have more to lose on the bottom half so it's hard to 'see' a loss. Another reason to rely more on the pants-o-meter and photos than the scale.

There's a saying on another board, which is that "abs are made in the kitchen". I think cellulite is lost in the same place.

BethO
Old 04-07-2003, 07:48 AM   #3  

I noticed the same thing when I started getting serious about lifting. I asked this same question at L&S, and someone mentioned that when you're first building muscle, some of that fat gets pushed outward, which can make cellulite (fat) more noticeable. It's gotten a lot better, as I've stripped more and more fat. Hang in there! :-)
Old 04-07-2003, 09:18 AM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

Well...I've heard that if you reduce or eliminate dairy products that can help reduce the appearance of cellulite (read that on one of the plastic surgery forums I hang out at).

Endermologie is supposed to reduce/eliminate the appearance of cellulite as well, but it's wicked expensive - $100+ and it takes up to 8 sessions to see results...then you have to keep going once a month otherwise the cellulite reappears! Too expensive for moi.
Old 04-07-2003, 09:51 AM   #5  

Well I guess I will just hang in there! Mrs. Jim, I actually hate milk and the only means of dairy I get in me are through the odd piece of cheese (hate yogurt as well). I am taking calcium supplements at least so I guess that is not to blame for the cellulite. It definetly looks worse since I started working out so now I at least know that this is normal (kind of neat knowing that know - thanks!). Thanks ladies - I appreciate your help!
Old 04-07-2003, 10:22 AM   #6  

Quote:
Well...I've heard that if you reduce or eliminate dairy products that can help reduce the appearance of cellulite
I guess that's why they call cellulite cottage cheese then!
Closed Thread