Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 06:59 PM   #1  
~ I Know I Can ~

Angry Any Good Fish Recipes???

I know that with my diet, I will be eating a lot more fish, than red meat. My problem is, getting bored with the same old flavor.

I normally broil my fish, with a little lemon juice, or lemon pepper. That to me, is boring after eating it every day. lol.

Does anyone have any ideas for a new recipe / taste?

It's appreciated!

~ Kari ~
Old 04-07-2003, 07:36 PM   #2  
it's always something

That would be boring to me after a while, too. Have you ever cooked fish on a gas or charcoal grill? I enjoy it that way, served with fresh salsa.

We have a lot of good fish recipes on the site, including Baked Catfish which is fish dipped in buttermilk then rolled in crushed crackers and baked. You could do it with any variety of fish, and season the crumbs for more flavor. Lemony Stuffed Filet of Sole sounds good, though I've not tried it.

If you like salmon, there is a great recipe for BBQ Roasted Salmon that I make all the time. You marinate the salmon in pineapple and lemon juice, then you roll it in a mixture of brown sugar, grated lemon zest, cinnamon, salt, and dried chipotle powder, then bake until done. I buy salmon filets at walmart or sams club, they usually come 5 to a package. I'll cook the entire package this way, then I freeze the individual portions.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:13 PM   #3  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Try sprinkling it w/garlic pepper. Or Mrs Dash. Or chili powder & a squeeze of lime.
Old 04-08-2003, 01:15 PM   #4  
Student of the Hoof

If you look in the spices section of your average supermarket, there are about a gazillion different spices for all varieties of meat. I have become partial to cajun seasoning, myself.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:34 PM   #5  
friend in need

Default salmon

If you're into easy recipes like I am, take 3/4 lb salmon (preferably skinless) coat it with a little olive oil, put it in a glass dish and season with Lawry's seasoned salt and some fresh ground pepper. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes. Ooooow baby, it's fine!! I haven't experimented with many other seasonings yet, but anything would work and any type of fish would work too. Give it a try.
Old 04-12-2003, 03:32 AM   #6  
it's always something

That chowder recipe sounds yummy, thanks! I'll try it soon
Old 04-16-2003, 01:00 PM   #7  

Default fishface

Here Fishy:
I am surprised at all the great ideas. One recipe I like to do on the grill is spray an old pan & slice potatoes on the bottom. Put fish on top & spread fresh salsa on top. Yum.

Another salsa that is great with fish is Mango Habanero Salsa. Dice real cold mangos & just 1 habanero (wear gloves) & take out the seeds, add cilantro & green onions. After you grill or bake the fish put it on top.

Last weekend I did a shrimp stir fry on the grill in a grill basket - it was so smokey - I just didn't have to add a thing - but the fork.

Letz go fishing!
Old 04-16-2003, 01:09 PM   #8  

One thing I love to make is fish tacos. Now before most of you go YUCK here is the basic recipe.

Baked broil steam fish with whatever seasonings you want
Steam some corn tortillas
Shred the fish
Add it to the tortilla
Top with shredded cabbage, ff sour cream, lowfat cheeses, salsa.. etc.

Most places seem to make fish tacos with fried fish. This tastes better, IMHO and is better for you.

Allrecipes.com has a ton of fish recipes. I have tried many there and never get bored of my fish.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:31 PM   #9  
it's always something

LOL, I would have never thought to make fish tacos! However, I guess they could be good I would probably make them from grilled fish and fresh salsa. Now I'm hungry!
Old 04-18-2003, 12:46 AM   #10  

Wink Kind of a fish recipe.

Hope you like this one ...the 'guys' are kind of 'indifferent' about it, the gals love it! Enjoy ...or not!

Crab Lasagna Roll-ups

1 carton (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp minced parsley
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce (I used 1 jar of Newman's Own Marinara Sauce)

In bowl, combine first 9 ingredients. Add crab; mix well. Place about 1/3 cup on each noodle; roll up. Place seam side down in a 9X13 inch pan (Pam sprayed). Top with tomato sauce. Cover and bake at 350* for 30-40 minutes or until heated through.

Serves 6 (two per serving)
WW points per serving: 4

Nutritional information: One serving (2 roll-ups) equals 198 calories, 3 grams fat, 1 gram fiber. Diabetic exchanges: 2 very lean meat, 1 1/2 starch.

From Taste of Home Magazine
Old 04-19-2003, 10:24 PM   #11  

Smile Baked Parmesan Fish

Hi, My kids and I all liked this recipe, we substituted the 2% milk with skim and we also used the fat free parmesan cheese and it was fine. I have also included some of the nutritional info at the bottom. Hope you like it.

1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (your preference)
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 egg
2 Tablespoons milk (your preference)
4 orange roughy or catfish fillets (4 oz each)

In a shallow bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, flour, paprika, salt and pepper. In another bowl, beat the egg and milk. Dip fish fillets into egg mixture, then coat with the Parmesan mixture. Arrange in a greased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutritional analysis: One serving (prepared with 2% milk) equals 154 calories, 5 g of fat (2 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.

Diabetic exchange: 3 lean meat.

Enjoy!!!

*Jen*

Taste of Home Magazine.
Closed Thread