100 lb. Club - Accountability, Menus, Workouts, Plans...Stuff! August 2012

mj5
08-03-2012, 05:31 AM
Here is place where you can find some accountability, write down your food plan, or excecise and other helpful things.

Please feel free to join in!

mj5
08-03-2012, 05:32 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well. Pop in when you get to let us know what's new.

I am doing well. Eating well, workingout hard. My running is progressing nicely. Last night I ran 5.5mi. It was hot and humid, so slow and steady pace, but I did it!

Have a great day!

mj5
08-10-2012, 11:54 PM
Hhhheeeeelllllloooooo???? Wow. Pretty darn quiet here. Just popping in to say hi!

My husband and I are doing his very first 5k tomorrow morning. I am SO excited. We will be walking (he doesn't run) and that is completely fine. I am just excited to be doing this with him.

I am taking measurements and update pics this weekend too. Can't wait to see what they show...the scale is all over the place right now, which is frustrating, but it is just a number.

Beverlyjoy
08-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Hi MJ... so glad to see you are doing so well! You are an inspiration.

Have a GREAT run.

mj5
08-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Hi Beverlyjoy, nice to 'see' you! Hope you are doing well! Me, running...still sounds funny to me! But...I AM doing it! Last night was 5.5mi in the pouring rain (wasn't raining when I left...).

mccull83
08-15-2012, 06:19 AM
I've been amazed lately......usually after a month of "eating right" I "fall off the wagon," but it's been 1 1/2months and the thought hasn't even crossed my mind. Usually I give into those wonderful temptations of cake and other sweat goodness.
This week my goal is to do 3 miles on the treadmill each day I don't work; so far 2 days down, 2 more to go! (I work 12-16hour shifts 3 days a week. When at work you hardly sit down, and rarely get lunch, thus don't exercise above and beyond the constant walking at work).

Darkblue
08-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Well, I stuck to my 1600 calories today...drank my water...which is something. Small, but something.

mccull83
08-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Well, I ended up only exercising 3 out of the 4 days I was off because "life happened," BUT I've kept to my meal plan and am feeling better every day. I can tell my scrubs are fitting looser just a month and a half into this!! Yay!!!!

Chubbygirl253
08-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Hi, I'm Laura. I'm new to this thread.
I gave into a craving for a Mcdonalds double cheeseburger, lemonade, and small fry today. But I had only 1756 calories for the day which is within my daily range. And I only did 2 hrs and 10 mins of cardio today instead of my usual 3+ hrs (plus 20 mins strength training) but I'm not going to worry about it too much.
Today was my weigh day and I lost another 4 lbs. Yay! I hope that mcdonalds meal doesn't hurt me next time I weigh in. Tomorrow I'll make sure to get as much exercise as I can since I fell a bit short of my goal today.

toastedsmoke
08-17-2012, 05:15 PM
DarkBlue, I don't think that's in anyway small! That's major. It's the sticking to the small things that will get you to goal! Congratulations on sticking to it. It's NOT easy at all.

I lurk here on these accountability threads but don't really post. But you guys are doing great! Today, I ate reasonably well (1448 calories), a little over the 1300s where I wanted to be but I also went for a run for about 63 minutes (I do long intervals 25R/5W). I consider getting that workout in my NSV of the day because I have several work deadlines and I made the workout happen.

What was your scale victory or non-scale victory of the day?

Chubbygirl253
08-18-2012, 02:39 AM
i worked out over 3 hrs today and then went to a bbq. stayed on plan though! yay

toastedsmoke
08-18-2012, 01:47 PM
I was a little tired today but I still went and got my run in. And then I came home and wanted to gorge on pancakes and syrup, but restrained myself to a muffin and some chicken instead. And then my victory of the day is that I ate half a chocolate bar. It's fancy, nice dark chocolate but even though I wanted the whole bar, I broke it in half and gave the rest away. So I got my chocolate fix, said no to my inner child, AND got to be generous all in one fell swoop!

JazzyPeggy
08-24-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm trying so hard to make it to 250. I am doing better. But yesterday I made poor food choices and was way over my calorie limit. Today I will do better. I started by fixing my water to drink already. I think a lot of what we do is habit. I will be visiting this thread often now that I'm here.

toastedsmoke
08-24-2012, 10:51 AM
This week has kind of been a mixed bag for me also. Some "too much days" and some "so so days." I'm kind of ready for an "on track day" and that day is today!

everanderson
08-24-2012, 08:49 PM
*sighs* trying to hard to be good this week. fell off the wagon several years ago and have received dividends in pound creepage!

have done well the last two weeks and am pleased with what i've lost so far.

am realizing again how much i love to eat! i'm doing well with planning and recording my meals, but i do miss the comfort eating :(

mj5
08-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Hi everyone! It is fantastic to see people posting here!!! I haven't been around much, because well...it's been kind of lonely...but I'm baaaaaack!

Today I ate well, kickboxed, and did my food prep for the week. VERY ready for a rest day tomorrow.

Keep up the great work everyone!

toastedsmoke
08-26-2012, 10:03 AM
I'm struggling a little still with food mostly rather than exercise, which is going well actually. It will be okay, I plan to get it together this week. I know I can do this.

mccull83
08-26-2012, 10:06 AM
Didn't get to exercise yesterday, so going to make sure to get it in early today!

42goingon20
08-26-2012, 10:19 PM
I have been on ww plan for 6 days and feel great, even after a trip to an amusement park! I so wanted to eat an entire hershey's bar, but had twizzlers instead. I am excited to weigh in this week.

mj5
08-27-2012, 05:20 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone is doing well!

I am running with a friend I met through kickboxing later this morning, very excited about that! We have been friends for about 6 months and while we have both talked about our weight loss journeys, she is one of the first real friends who only knows me 'now' as a stronger, more fit, MUCH more active person. I've made lots of friends along the way...but, IDK how to explain it...it's pretty cool, though :)

toastedsmoke--yes, you sure can do it! I know you can!

mccull83--What's your exercise plan for today?

42goingon20--LOVE your name by the way! GREAT job at the park! They can be rough when trying to eat healthy.

Later today I am going through my closet/dresser to pull out clothes that don't fit anymore. I am going shopping w/ a friend next weekend and want to be able to prioritize what to buy.

Have a great day!

toastedsmoke
08-27-2012, 12:21 PM
mj5: I'm getting my own run on in the next hour. Can't wait! It's still hard to believe I've become one of "those people" who not only doesn't hate to work out, but actually enjoys it. How was the run with your new running buddy? I just met a potential workout buddy through a mutual friend and it's new territory to me. I've never worked out with anyone, I'm usually in the zone, doing my thing by myself.

This weekend wasn't the best, but I'm excited about today. I'm doing pretty well so far and have solid plans for this evening so it should be good!

mj5
08-27-2012, 03:39 PM
toastedsmoke--How was your run? I have only run w/ people during races...I always run by myself (until today). It was fun. She was able to run the same pace as me and she showed me some great trails, very challenging, but I like trails vs. the road. I still think I prefer to run or workout by myself...I like to be in that 'zone' too and it's my "me" time. It was cool, though, because she is just getting back into running and said she wanted to be pushed. We ran 4 miles and when we finished she said that she had NEVER pushed herself past the 3 mile mark, even when she was running regularly. I only started running 11 weeks ago, so the fact that *I* was able to push someone else...yea, pretty cool! I would definitely run with her again, just not all the time, although our schedules won't allow for that anyway. We are also going to go snowshoeing there (something I've never done, but want to try) this winter. She goes all the time and loves it. Ok, rough weekend, but dust yourself off and hit the re-set button! You've got this! Ohmygoodness me too! I used to hate to work out, hate to sweat....now I actually crave intense work outs, have a great time doing them, and judge my workout partially by how much I sweat, haha. Yep, I am one of "those" people too.

I cannot believe I have NEVER checked out these trails before. It is a beautiful nature center not too far from where I live and this was the first time I went. Wow. I am going back tomorrow to run again.

Off to make healthy stir fry for the next couple of days for lunch.

lottie63
09-14-2012, 08:54 AM
Is there one of these for sept that I missed?

Also. Hello again. *Sigh* :(