Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2001, 11:01 PM   #1  

HI
I WAS JUST LOOKING FOR A SUPPORT GROUP AND FOUND YA. I AM ABOUT 150 POUNDS OVER WEIGHT AND I HAVE FIBROMYALGA. I THINK I HAVE HAD IT FOR MANU YEARS BUT ONLY GOT A DR TO ADMIT IT WAS WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME LAST YEAR. IM 59 BEEN TRYING TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT FOR 3 YEARS HAVE LOST 35 POUNDS. IM MARRIED MOM TO 3 NANNY TO 1. I LIKE TO READ , GARDEN AND QUILT.
HOPE TO GET TO KNOW YA ALL
SHIRLEY
Old 02-21-2001, 01:04 AM   #2  

Hi Shirley. Nice to have you with us. Come on over to Fibro #13, click reply and come talk to us. My name is Anne and I am soon to be 55. I had been diagnosed wit fibro a couple of years back, and I also have arthritis. I am losing weight and have lost 13 pounds since a month ago. Hope to see you posting.
Old 02-26-2001, 01:26 AM   #3  

Hi shirley, I'm pretty new to this site but the ladies on the fibro thread #14 are wondrful ladies, albeit in varing degrees of pain.
You may be interested in knowing a lady on the sugar busters site has lost 80 lbs and her FIBRO WAS RELEAVED. How wonderful is that? I'm hoping that although my weight loss is slow that to keep on losing and if I could exercise and sleep I could beat this like she did. I'm not going to give up.Don't you either. If only one or two people feel better dieting on low glycemic/low carbs/hi fiber, I will hope that there is some relief for me too.
write to us on #14 so we can do this together.
best of luck
Closed Thread