Old 08-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/182/160

Height: 5'8"

Smile What's your "trick" or "treat"?

I have read such conflicting info about the crystal light, splenda vs. stevia, etc...and have been so worried that my stall in weight loss last week was due to my new love of crystal light! It's something I look forward to every day. I also enjoy putting my chocolate and vanilla shake mixes in the blender with ice, Torani sugar free caramel syrup and Splenda.

What about you? What's your treat?? What's your trick for stretching out your allowances to make each meal or snack something to look forward to?

Boomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

The program was written as it is on the sheet, when you add the "extra's" you have a chance of creating a stall. Crystal light and other things have aspartamne and such, some of us have issues with that. I haven't had any problems with any of the "extra's" so I have been lucky. I have crystal light once or twice a week. I have divincy syrups in my coffee every morning.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

RE: The crystal light - It may depend on your particular coach's approach. Mine is kinda holistic but she understands that we are human and have to function within the diet. She prefers straight or cucumber water over CL, but will take someone drinking CL over diet soda. It becomes the lesser of 2 evils. Some avoid CL because it tickles the sweets cravings.

I drank a LOT of CL my first week, it made getting in all my water easier. I've been gradually cutting down from every bottle of H20 with CL to every other. Eventually I'll get to where it's a treat instead of the thing that keeps me drinking
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

This woman sums up the dangers of aspartame in a very accessible way. It's fairly well proven that aspartame is very unhealthy (and could be making you fatter).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaxyNwzhkXs
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 294/294/150

Height: 5'3"

I am on day 2 and right now I am addicted to sparkling ice. I know it is not the best option by far but it is my in between. I am cutting diet pepsi cold turkey and would drink between 10-12 a day. I am trying to alternate it with plain water as well. I hope that after a week or two I am completely off the sparkling ice drinks.
kamikazecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

Yeah.... I'm a self admitted Diet Pepsi addict. Let me say its been tough!
My coach said I could have Crystal Light a few times a week. So what I've been doing these past few days is drinking 1L of water plain and splitting a singles pack between the other two liters. It's a great way for me to get my water in because I was NOT a water drinker before.

It has gotten easier though and I'm sure soon enough i will be a plain water drinker
SheenaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:21 PM   #7  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

I love my diet pepsi and fountain drinks! I quit cold turkey too when I started IP 2 weeks ago! I missed it the first couple of days but the cravings are over, thank God! I'm drinking a gallon of water every day. I make sure it is cold(ish) and I drink 5 gulps at a time...because I would rather drink something flavored, but this helps me get through the amount I have to drink. This time I am staying away from artificial sweeteners except for stevia. Believe me, I know how hard it is, I am NOT a natural water drinker. I know it will get easier...
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 160.2/138/140

Height: 5'6"

Something to keep in mind when drink Crystal Light, always check the label - some of the flavours have 3 carbs per serving, others have none. Something to think about when on a low card diet.
missymoo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #9  

Water is easier to drink through a straw! I drink way more that way, and I love water! Crave it actually! I started off with crystal light too, to ease myself off soda pop. And Mio. But now it's plain ol water baby! It will happen! Our bodies and our tastes change! Like really, seaweed and spinach shakes? Who would have thought?! LOL!
mompattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #10  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I have been using crystal light the last couple of weeks to help with the water. I was getting bored of straight water. Now I'm worried it might slow down/stall my weight loss.

I think I will switch start using Mio. I heard that is better for you than the crystal light is.

This morning I made a new treat. Bananas Foster Latte. IP vanilla shake, coffee, banana extract and WF carmel. It's my new favorite.

You might want to switch to the WF syrups instead of the sugarfree torani ones you are using now. The WF ones are definitely ok for IP.
ragdoll74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 219.2/188.6/170

Height: 5'10"

It's been 9 weeks now for me cutting Diet soda completely out. I thought it would be hard, but as long as I have my water with Mio, I'm good. I've been drinking Powerade Zero, too. Before this diet, I drank at least 3 - 24 oz. bottles of Diet Pepsi daily. I know this is TMI, but I don't have the gas that I used to drinking that much!! I've been staying away from anything with aspartame or phosporic acid.
julied31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/145/145

Height: 5'6.5

I myself drank Crystal Light daily and had diet Pepsi as well every day. The day I started IP, I gave them up as per my coach. He has indicated no tolerance for MIO and actually has a big sheet posted on the wall. I have never been a water lover, but I drink Perrier (carbonated with lemon flavour) by the gallon now. The carbonation helps make me feel like I am treating myself and the lemon flavour (0/0/0) makes the water refreshing and not so boring. I think everyone has to do whatever works for them and their coaches. I tried the MIO once while OP in a glass of water and ended up throwing it out - just tasted to sweet! Now I just stick to my Perrier.
niks42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm a mio drinker but I also keep a jug of water in the fridge with lemon slices in it. When it comes to my coffee I use the Torani and Da'Vinci syrups made with Splenda. I try to save my mio water for when I just can't drink plain old water any more. I have noticed that I crave water when I am not drinking it as regularly as I should.
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote