Support Groups - Worldly Chicks - August is Agreeing With Us

Pages : 1 [2]

annie175
08-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Good Morning Chicklets....

Well wouldn't you know it...all that praying for rain is going to hit tomorrow afternoon and run clear through the holiday weekend. Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon. Thank you hurricane Isaac. NOT. Now we are going from one end of the spectrum to the other. Drought, barely drought, almost normal, this weekend the news is telling us to be aware of flash flooding. Holy Cow. Hope my gardens hold up and don't drown out.

SHADDIE...I am jealous of all your yard work, wish I lived closer to you so I could help. I love hardware stores also. I sometimes go to Lowes or Menards and just walk around the place.

LAURA...Good for you and all the exercising. I just do not have the motivation to exercise and I know I feel better when its done. Thank God the auditors are gone. Relax a bit.

Hidee Ho to all the rest of the worldlies.

Loves and hugs.

ceejay52
08-30-2012, 09:46 AM
Mel
So glad that you defended yourself.

Hello's to every one else. I'm not awake yet. I was supposed to take my bff to pain management today but she's getting her step daughter to take her. Didn't want to be on the road in all this rain.

I've made up my mind that when I retire I'm going to live with my sister in Mo.

annie175
08-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Really Mellie....you Are My Sneaker Inner....hope You Have A Nice Holiday Weekend And Sending Jen Some Special Feel Better Hugs. I Have Had Kidney Stones Twice And Believe You, Me...it Is Worse Than Having A Baby. Xoxo

annie175
08-30-2012, 09:50 AM
Ceeg...now you are also a sneaker inner....glad you came to the decision to live with your sis in Missouri. It is a nice place...where at in Missouri?

diyana
08-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Good morning, my wonderful Worldly chicks!

Last night was rough...I had a fight with one of DH's sisters...thankfully, it wasn't about DMIL. Anyway, I said my piece. I'm sure she's pissed at me, but DH, DMIL and the other sisters support me and agree with my opinion and what I said. And I've decided that I can't let the animosity ruin my day/week or mood. I have so many wonderful things in my life to be grateful for and happy about. I'm going to focus on all my blessings. :)

Yesterday at work was crazy busy. And today will be busier, but I'm working on a fun project. :) I'm so looking forward to Labor Day weekend, even if it does mean decluttering. :D I'm getting my hair trimmed and colored (with a little more strawberry in the strawberry blonde) on Saturday.

=================
Happy - I love the new avatar! Such an adorable little birdie. :) Great photos of the firepit, and a cool one of the flames! You've got a gorgeous yard! So sorry to hear that Bambi has been coming to the yard alone. Good for you for taking care of it. As for the craft supplies, I'm either going to donate or sell them because I just don't see me getting to use them in the next couple years. Between work and all the other things I do, I just don't see where I'll have the time. My town's Farmer's Market is on Saturday mornings (which reminds me I should try and go this Saturday), and the gym classes are Monday - Friday days and evenings, and Saturday mornings. I'm so glad you had a nice time at the picnic! I find as a general rule, that people in Wisconsin are very friendly - way more friendly than in California. Today and tomorrow will be hot down here too, but then nice temps for the weekend.

Annie - I'm glad to hear your brother's doing better and recovering nicely! Do you and C have fun plans for the long weekend? Can't wait to see you next weekend!!

Shad - I like your serenity prayer better!! It reminds me of a saying I heard, "Friends help you move. Good friends help you move the dead bodies." :rofl: Good advice to Ceejay about riding away the tummy troubles. :) It's an excellent stress reliever, better than any pill or meditation. I'm not sure I'd get much cleaning done to Blue Danube or Schwissingfer or Lagunawaltz. I prefer to clean to either rock music or heavy metal. I need a good fast beat to keep me moving. To each her own, I guess. :) We have a hardware megashop called Menards that you would just LOVE! DH likes to go once a week and I can't get him out in under an hour. I'd love to see photos of the tapestry you bought.

Ellen - With your crazy schedule, it's no wonder you forgot you had to work. I don't know what makes me more tired, reading about Shad's heavy digging and landscaping or you constant go-go-go schedule. :faint: Meatloaf does sound good. I think I'll make one this weekend. The grocery store has ground chuck on sale this week. :) Maybe I can also get DH to grill out. Yumm!

Mel - Seriously? Someone used your comment and your name to make a political move?! What a beotch! Good for you for setting things right and showing her that her BS is unacceptable. I hope your BP came down. :yoga: Another kidney stone for Jen? That poor girl! I do hope she feels better soon. She's had such a rough summer.

Laura - Glad to hear the auditors are gone and all went well. Hard to believe that a week from Saturday, you, Annie and I (and maybe my friend) will be having a wonderful afternoon!! :D I can't wait!!

Ceejay - I hope Isaac behaves himself and doesn't cause too much trouble for you. Stay safe, sista. :hug:

Time to get started on my fun project. I promised I'd have it finished today.

Much love and many hugs,

Laura705
08-30-2012, 12:49 PM
Morning all.

Michelle - I hope the issue that caused the argument w/ SIL is over and done with and everyone can get past it. Enjoy your project - glad you like it. I have some I like and some I dread. This week, one that I was dreading turned out to be much less awful than I thought it would be and it kind of turned my week around. Whew. I also can't wait to see you and Annie - looking forward to it! Oh, and here's a link re Zumba safety. Re shoes - I always thought my regular old sneakers weren't the best thing for Zumba...
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/resources/streaming/qr/september2012/zumba-safety.mp4

Ceejay - So you have the day to yourself now? Too bad it's raining. But there's always something that needs doing around the house.

Annie - We had a storm last weekend that brought flash flooding in some areas (not ours, thankfully), and it pretty much rained all day and I was happy to get it. Of course I've not watered at all this week so I hope my poor hosta transplants are still hanging in there. I hope you don't get the flooding!! I love walking around those home improvement stores at my leisure, so I prefer to do it without bf, haha. He's not much of a browser and would never just go there to look, but he'll sometimes get sidetracked on a shopping trip to look at something that catches his eye. Re exercise - I've probably said it a zillion times, but I always feel better afterwards.

Mel - I love that teddy bear graphic! Sorry to hear about Jen's possible kidney stone. :( And also about poor George. You're a good friend to have as his go-to!!! Yes, my punchcard got marked properly last night. It's the little things, lol. :D

Shad - Hope you enjoyed your trip to the hardware/megastore. :) All that digging in the dry soil - hope it wasn't too hard. That's how I did that job on my arm back in June! Then again, you're a real gardener and probably had nice soil, not my neglected, rock hard stuff!

Hi Ellen!!
==
Spinning class was good last night, really pushed. Hope my legs aren't too sore later today.

Well, this week has well and truly crawled for me, and it's still not over yet!! I really shouldn't wish the days away...

I finally made a dr appt with the orthopod re my elbow. At this point, it's causing more trouble than my shoulder so it comes first. No, each condition needs to be treated separately, I'm told by the lady in the doc's office, so I can't just cover two problems with one appt. The more I think about it, the more lame it sounds. Maybe I should get a referral from my primary physician for another orthopod. The appt isn't for a couple weeks, so maybe it'll ease up by then and I can cancel. I may take some OTC anti-inflammatories the next week or two and see how that goes. Those rx ones really did a job on my digestion, so I'm wary.

Okay, enough rambling. Back to work. Have a great day/evening everyone!!

annie175
08-30-2012, 01:47 PM
LAURA...bah humbug on taking care of two problems with one appointment. I had gallbladder surgery and hemmroid surgery at the same time. They did one then flipped me over and did the other one. hahahahaha. This week seems to be dragging...

OK girls....I pick up my new puppy tonight. A Chihuahua. A girl that used to come into CVS is trying to get rid of them. She is six weeks old. The momma got pregnant by accident, whatever that means, fortunately by another chihuahua. Trying to think of a name for her. Everything I like C poopoos. Any suggestions??

happy2bme
08-31-2012, 03:51 AM
Aw Annie - nice you are getting a new pet. How about calling it I. Cheewahwah? :rofl:

MELODY525
08-31-2012, 08:36 AM
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqPoNqlKtuoYOSasbgRBtggw38a9Lsg bEo4I__OXtVVDMM2FhT

WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND.
SAVE TRAVELS IF GOING ANYWHERE AND HAVE FUN.

I WON'T BE BACK FOR A FEW DAYS. MY EYE WAS WATERING WHILE POSTING YESTERDAY AND WHEN I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR THE ROSACEA WAS BACK ON MY NOSE COUPLED WITH SOME KIND OF ALLERGIC REACTION. WHO KNOWS. TAKING THE DROPS RIGHT AWAY MIGHT NIP THIS IN THE BUD. NOT ALLOWED OUT OF COURSE. THANK GOD IT'S ONLY THE RIGHT EYE. NO PC OR TV. NO READING. ASKED HIM WHAT'S LEFT :rofl:
LIE DOWN & MUSIC. NO EXCITEMENT. LOL
HE DID GIVE ME A DIFFERENT KIND OF DROP TO TRY. HOPE IT WORKS.
STAY WELL AND BE SAFE:moped:

upswife
08-31-2012, 09:44 AM
Good Morning Chicks!! Today we had our fist close call getting ready…LOL partly my fault. I just couldn’t get up. DD1 took forever getting her lunch together and eating breakfast. She is the one I have to watch…If I would let her she would spend 4 hrs getting ready!
Yesterday was good. Mom and I went for a Mall Walk. Mom did better than I thought, but I am really only there for support. Then DD3 got to play in the play area, and I was brave and took her shopping with me. I found some shirts, bras and this cute little phone holder/wallet for when I go out and I don’t want to carry my big purse.

In the evening I took DS and DD1 with DD3 to one of their cross country races. DD2 stayed home with DH (had work to finish). I walked all over the course. Up and down the field…cheering the teams on. Then home to leftover chicken tacos…all I had to do was heat up the tortillas.

Have to work tonight, then I am off tomorrow. DH and I are supposed to go to a CUBS rooftop fundraiser, I really hope we do not get rained out. We are supposed to get 7-9in of rain from Issac. Back to work Sunday, Off Monday. Our friends were going to have a BBQ, but then one of them got called into work for the holiday. DH invited everyone over to our house…so we will see how that goes.

OK, I am off for more coffee…so sleepy today!

annie175
08-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Her name is Sassy!

ceejay52
08-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Kinda disappointed in Issac. He turned to the left and went toward the western part of the state. Oh, how we could of used some rain! It did rain but nothing like we needed. The mighty mississippi river is getting more dry each day.

Annie
If my sister doesn't move with in the next three years I'm going to stay with her in Branson, Mo. She's an APN at a neurologist office. She goes home, Ash Grove, MO near Springfield, MO on the week end but I'll stay there.

Mel
Take care of yourself. I did buy a relaxation cd yesterday. I will listen to it today.

Michelle
Good for you in speaking your mind.

Laura
I'm glad that I had a day almost to myself. One of my friends wanted me to come to the store for a visit yesterday. I didn't get much done at home but a good visit.

More later. The longer I sit here the least I get done.

Laura705
08-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Morning all. TGIF!

Ceejay - Sorry Isaac didn't bring you a bit more rain.

Annie - Awww, Sassy. That's a very cute name. ;) Congrats on the new doggy. :) Of course we'll want some photos!! Our neighbors lost their elderly dog this past winter and just adopted a puppy this week.

Ellen - Your days are such a whirlwind! Nice you got some shopping done for yourself, even w/ dd3 in tow. Good to hear your mom's doing well. Is it really supposed to rain that much around here???!!! :yikes: Sure hope not. The one and only time I went to one of those rooftop Cubs games (work event), we had a downpour. Hope you don't have that and that you have a great time!

Mel - Hope you nip the rosacea in the bud and are back to the tv and computer soon. Do you have any audio books you can listen to??

Hellos to the rest of the Worldlies!! :wave:
===
Bleh, feeling sort of tired today. I opted for a Fusion Strength class last night. It was okay. Sort of a mix of strength, Pilates and yoga moves. I didn't care for the instructor - she had an accent that was hard to figure out. She did some of the moves very quickly, which is not the Pilates way, and she couldn't demonstrate some of the others because she'd hurt her back. And then I couldn't do some of the moves because of my darn arm - such as pushups on the fitness ball and a couple other things that put weight or stress on that arm. But I went home tired and have some sore muscles today, so it was a workout.

Nothing going on this weekend, unless of course there is and bf's failed to tell me. Plans this weekend are to do a Saturday morning circuit class and do some housecleaning. Plenty of that to do.

Admin took a vacation day today, so it's quiet over here. I believe the boss is still playing catchup on all the stuff that took a back seat to the audit, so it'll probably be quiet. The office closes at 3 pm today, and she'll probably tell me to take an earlier train today if I want. There's one at 2:30-ish, but I usually end up on the 3:10.

That's about it, so I'll just stop rambling and dig in.

Everyone have a good and safe weekend and enjoy the extra day if you have one!

happy2bme
08-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Morning chicks,

Sorry I didn't get in here yesterday. They had an opening for DH's echocardiogram and he also had to go to the museum to do some work so I took advantage of some alone time to get some stuff done. Did a couple of loads of laundry, cleaned up the garden, watered the garden and all the herbs and flowers which takes well over an hour alone, cleaned up the kitchen and there went the afternoon. Now the keyboard on my PC is not working right - it's skipping letters and I constantly have to keep going back and retyping. :mad: :mad: :mad: Not good as I have alot of data entry to do for the museum today. I did clean the keyboard, I think something funky is going on with my computer but have not had success with tech support at Dell. Welll... as I suspected - it was one of the ads here that seems to be messing with my PC. I exited the browser, came back on and my keyboard is fine. I'm not going to say any more because I don't want that ad coming back on screen :lol:

This is Labor Day weekend. I always felt a little melancholy about this holiday because it was the end of summer. Not really because September is generally some of the best weather of the year but when I was working, I always felt that I frittered away the time and didn't get to enjoy the nice weather before winter rolled back into town. Now I am happy to see Labor Day because it means most of the crowds in town will thin out during the week so that parking and shopping will be easier all around. It will continue to be busy on the weekends for a few months yet, but that's ok. Also looking forward to seeing the trees in full color.

Mel - I'm sorry the rosacea has come back to bother you again. I'm sure it must be boring and frustrating to simply sit there and be quiet but at this point you know best how to handle things. Get better soon and make sure you hang the DO NOT DISTURB sign on the front door. I hope Jen passed her stone and is feeling better too :hug:

Laura - This is the link to the artist who's work I am admiring (http://www.silverbirchart.com/portfolio.html) How nice that you can get out a bit early (would be nicer if they let you go at lunch eh ;) ) but take what you can get. I had a Pilates teacher exactly like the one you described - perhaps we had the same one! She picked on 2 girls something fierce and was not a good teacher at all. After class some of us were talking in the locker room and wondered if she had gone to one of those intensive weekend classes to get her certification because she wasn't very good at all. Hopefully you don't get her again.

Ceejay - Sorry that you didn't get the rain you needed. I was watching the storm and with it's slow movement, I thought for sure you'd get whalloped. But then I did see it turn west and figured you got a sprinkling at best.

Ellen - oh boy - sounds like DD1 is a girl after my heart slow moving in the morning and pain in the patooty to moms everywhere :rofl: I feel for you! Glad to hear Mom is able to get out and about. Hope you have fun at the Cubs game. Never been on a rooftop event, they are supposed to be fun.

Annie - how cute with the new puppy. Hope she has a good temperment. Growing up my friend across the street had one. It was a crabby old man :lol: and I was afraid of it. Sassy is a cute name, I'm sure you will enjoy it. How funny that you get a Chihuahua and you love spicy food!

Michelle - bummer that you had a fight with one of the SILs but I'm glad you stuck up for yourself. Sounds like DH's side might be a hooting and hollering family :lol: That's a good idea to get rid of the craft stuff if you know you won't have the time for a while - you can always get more later and best to use the space at home for something more worthwhile. Hope your hair comes out nicely - I love adding a bit more red in honor of autumn rolling in :D

Shad - I would love cleaning to the Blue Danube. Love Strauss' waltzes. Great for wide sweeps with the dust cloth and mop :lol: So what is it you love about the home improvement stores? Decorating ideas or just tools in general?

Well ladies I just got a phone call. Seems I might have scored me a part time job after all. I was in town earlier in the week and popped into a shop. Started talking to the cashier / owner and she mentioned she was looking for someone to help out. I went home and said what the heck, went to their website and wrote an email and said if they were still looking I was looking for a part time job. She just called back. I'm going there Sunday to observe for a while as this is a busy weekend and she said she would not have alot of time to train although she would like me to start soon. We didn't talk about a lot of specifics - I have an idea what the pay will be and it will be 2 to 3 days a week - on the weekends I'm sure or to fill in when they have to go out of town but that's ok with me. I figured I'd dab my toe in the water and see how this working thing "works out". It's a few extra dollars, not as much as a full time job but I really don't want to work full time anyway. I'm kind of excited. I guess this is more impetus for me to finish the data entry I have to do for the museum so I'd better get on that. Have a good weekend all.

happy2bme
08-31-2012, 02:24 PM
Oh and yesterday after I finished my yard work, I was sitting on the deck taking a break and having a bottle of water. We have about a dozen or so hummingbirds left (2/3s of them have taken off down south) and once the sun came out they were buzzing about. I was taking a snapshot of one of the many grasshoppers that are dancing about the yard when I was FINALLY able to snap a picture of one of the hummingbirds on the sage.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e62/deemarie27/Picture-Hummingbirdonsage083012.jpg

happy2bme
08-31-2012, 02:25 PM
this was pure luck - no skill involved. :lol: It's difficult to watch the viewfinder and the bird activity at the same time so often I'm not even sure what I'm snapping a picture of :rofl:

annie175
08-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Oh Happy what a beautiful picture...I just love hummingbirds. When we lived int he stix...I got so close that I got to actually grab one and hold it in my hand for a split second. So exciting. Made me love them all the more.

LAURA...I will try to post some pix of Sassy. I am not very good at the pix thing on here, but will try.

Ceeg...anywhere in MO, will be wonderful. You should enjoy retirement.

Going to try to post pix of lil Sassy.

Love and hugs.

Shad
09-01-2012, 05:46 AM
evening all.
Day seems to have gotten away from me and I really haven't done that much, but then that is what weekends are for - right???

Annie - chihuahua hey? Sorry that's not a dog. DS2 who is our animal person in the immediate family says they are the only variety of animal that has ever bitten him. Not fussy about their temperament he isn't. Anyway, it's your dog, so have fun with it.

Happy - nice photo. Sometimes we just get lucky. Does your camera have multiple shots - ie, it just keeps on taking photos as long as you have it set up for continuous shots and keep your finger on the button? Sometimes that's the easy way to get good shots of things that are moving.

I'll finish these personals tomorrow morning. Internet is acting stupid today.

ceejay52
09-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Happy
Awesome picture. Good for you in landing a part time job.

Annie
Did they name her after her temperament? My neighbor's dog name his dog Rambo. He's a mean one.

Laura
Did you get home earlier yesterday? Anything exciting happening this week end.

------
My week end has been quiet. Been keeping a low profile. But I'm still tired.
I'm curtailing my week ends to just once a month to Jonesboro and Paragould.
We finally got some much needed rain form the left overs of Issac. Looks like from radar we under another cloud. It's really cooled off.

annie175
09-01-2012, 10:04 AM
It is a new month but up to the professionals to create the new September Sassy Sisters of the Worldlie Type!!

Pix of Miss Sassy....too cute and so well disiplined, calm, loving, sweet...just the opposite of Hella B. She even comes when called and follows me around like she is attached to me.

Have a great weekend...I am going to pick up Sissy, Ainsley, and lil man, we are all going shopping.

Loves and Hugs and special hugs to those who need them!!

happy2bme
09-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Love the pictures Annie :hug: She looks so sweet and adorable.

It's September 1 on this side of the pond, time to switch to a new thread.

Don't post here anymore.

CLICK HERE INSTEAD TO BE MAGICALLY TRANSPORTED TO THE NEW SEPTEMBER THREAD (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/265506-september-sassy-sisters-worldlie-type.html#post4454798)