Metabolic Research Center - MRC August Thread

View Full Version : MRC August Thread

JenB72
08-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Where is the year going?! I can't believe it's already August.

Good luck to everyone this month! You can do it!!!

:dust:

lovetofishandrun
08-01-2012, 11:35 AM
WI yesterday - down 3. Anyone else having a problem with appetite during this heat wave down South? Have a great rest of the week everyone.

barbiegrl7
08-01-2012, 11:45 AM
WI yesterday - down 3. Anyone else having a problem with appetite during this heat wave down South? Have a great rest of the week everyone.
yes the heat is killing my appetite as well! Its too hot to cook anything!

WI yesterday as well -1.5 gone....total lost to date is 13 pounds and I was measured yesterday and have lost 15 inches WAHOO!!!!!:carrot::dizzy:

nvogue
08-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah it's August!! Celebrating my one year anniversary with my wonderful hubby on the 13th!!

Can anyone tell me how much they are exercising while on the beige menu? For some reason I thought I read that we should limit how much we exercise in the beginning with starting the program. I might be completely wrong

The Jolly Green Bran
08-01-2012, 04:30 PM
nvogue- I don't know about the beige menu, but at my center they really want us to walk walk walk. I typically walk about 40 minutes of the day and have recently started doing more weight and resistence core training because I was feeling a bit deflated. If you do a lot of heavy exercise regularly, you might want to consider the Metabalance maybe?

camaswa
08-01-2012, 06:42 PM
My understanding is if you do a lot of exercise on a low-calorie diet, not only will you not feel good but you will lose muscle rather than gain it, which is what we want. MRC didn't tell me this, and I may not have it right. Anyone know?

patzi
08-01-2012, 09:05 PM
I had maintenance weigh in yesterday and stayed the same. 5 pounds under goal.

Congrats to those that lost weight and inches.

Patzi

Jen34
08-02-2012, 09:12 AM
My understanding is if you do a lot of exercise on a low-calorie diet, not only will you not feel good but you will lose muscle rather than gain it, which is what we want. MRC didn't tell me this, and I may not have it right. Anyone know?

You mean which is NOT what we want right? Where did you hear of this information? Not saying it's true or otherwise, but it's definitely something I'd like to look into.

nvogue
08-02-2012, 09:39 AM
Thanks ladies for all of the information! I had my official weigh in this morning, and I lost a total of 2.8 pounds since last week. I walked for 15 minutes the last couple of evenings, so I will try to do this daily.

I feel so much lighter and better having lost a total of 9 pounds in three weeks!!! I love this program!:)

camaswa
08-02-2012, 10:53 AM
You mean which is NOT what we want right? Where did you hear of this information? Not saying it's true or otherwise, but it's definitely something I'd like to look into.
Oops! How did I do that? What I mean is we want to preserve muscle, because muscle is what's metabolically active. Muscle is the fire that burns the fat. And where did I hear that a low-calorie diet can mess with metabolism? I just had a professnal fitness instructor at a college tell me that, and I bought The New Rules ofLifting for Women, which talks about it. The instructor referred to me as "skinny fat.". Sigh.

Jen34
08-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Oops! How did I do that? What I mean is we want to preserve muscle, because muscle is what's metabolically active. Muscle is the fire that burns the fat. And where did I hear that a low-calorie diet can mess with metabolism? I just had a professnal fitness instructor at a college tell me that, and I bought The New Rules ofLifting for Women, which talks about it. The instructor referred to me as "skinny fat.". Sigh.

Yeah, I'm not 100% convinced this plan is as perfect as they say it is. First of all, if the diet is so balanced, then why do I have to take a multi-vitamin? The whole claim "it's medically impossible not to lose weight on this program" is a pretty hefty claim. NOTHING is impossible.

Anyway, it's hard for this skeptic/critic to stay positive sometimes but I figure I paid for this, so I may as well stick with it for the duration. If I don't lose the expected amount of weight (or somewhere realistically near it) then I'll know for sure their claims are just selling lines.

I've been reading a lot about people (like me) who have done a lot of exercise and have been very careful with their diets and just cannot lose weight no matter what. There HAS to be some other thing going on inside our bodies that makes it so difficult to lose. My thyroid is fine, my blood sugars are fine, I haven't had my hormones checked yet, but I have an appointment for it.

I went off on a tangent didn't I? Sorry, I'm just frustrated 'cause since I started the green diet I've gained .2lbs. It's been 4 days now w/no weight change. Maybe at weigh in tonite things will be different.

nvogue
08-02-2012, 12:19 PM
I spoke with my counselor this morning and she confirmed that I should not do any strenuous exercising because of the limited number of calories I am consuming at this stage of the program. She recommended a 20-30 minute walk every other day. She told me to try to avoid weight lifting and Zumba!! I love Zumba!! She said I would burn too many calories taking a Zumba class.

Well I will stick with my evening walks for now.

Jen34
08-02-2012, 12:27 PM
I spoke with my counselor this morning and she confirmed that I should not do any strenuous exercising because of the limited number of calories I am consuming at this stage of the program. She recommended a 20-30 minute walk every other day. She told me to try to avoid weight lifting and Zumba!! I love Zumba!! She said I would burn too many calories taking a Zumba class.

Which menu are you on?

And I do remember them saying that 30 minutes 3x a week is recommended. I REALLY want to start back my pilates! The fitness counselor at my center said that I SHOULD be able to do regular workouts on the plan "because the plan is chemically balanced". But really, with the way I feel in the morning, I'm finding it hard to believe I'm going to be able to do my regular workout plan and then still be able to stay in a standing position each morning.

I'm sticking with the brisk walking for now too.

nvogue
08-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Which menu are you on?

And I do remember them saying that 30 minutes 3x a week is recommended. I REALLY want to start back my pilates! The fitness counselor at my center said that I SHOULD be able to do regular workouts on the plan "because the plan is chemically balanced". But really, with the way I feel in the morning, I'm finding it hard to believe I'm going to be able to do my regular workout plan and then still be able to stay in a standing position each morning.

I am on the beige menu. I can start the green menu when I reach 199 lbs. which won't be long since I am currently at 200.4.

Also, I was getting bored with grilled chicken and fish, so I made the turkey chili last night from the recipe blog and it is wonderful!! If you haven't tried it yet, please do. I used diced tomatoes instead of the tomato supplement. Awesome!!:carrot:

barbiegrl7
08-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Which menu are you on?

Jenn34 - I really feel sad that you are not having an good time on this plan.... if you want a support buddy Girl I am here for you! I have spent years trying to get this weight off and for me MRC is working, if you have a local YMCA you might look into water aerobics to give you a little something different in your exercise - I have to continually change my exercise because I hate it so much!

Jen34
08-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Jenn34 - I really feel sad that you are not having an good time on this plan.... if you want a support buddy Girl I am here for you! I have spent years trying to get this weight off and for me MRC is working, if you have a local YMCA you might look into water aerobics to give you a little something different in your exercise - I have to continually change my exercise because I hate it so much!

Thank you Barbiegrl, I appreciate the support and the suggestion! Hopefully it's just something I'm dealing with now because this is still new to my body. I know one thing's for sure, I'm not going to quit so my body had better get the figured out fast! :)

pam745
08-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Weighed in this morning and down 2 pounds! I'm still having trouble getting in all my veggies so now I'm trying the Super Fruit & Veggie Drink Mix. The flavor is going to take a little getting used to!

barbiegrl7
08-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Weighed in this morning and down 2 pounds! I'm still having trouble getting in all my veggies so now I'm trying the Super Fruit & Veggie Drink Mix. The flavor is going to take a little getting used to!

Way to go on the weight loss Pam!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Jen34
08-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I get to have cappuccino tomorrow!!! HEEE HAWWW!

Congrats Pam! Happy for you! Keep it up!

At my weigh in it says I was down 2lbs too but they got a new scale so I think it's bogus. My scale at home says the same as it did yesterday (and I haven't eaten dinner yet). But hey, who cares, somewhere in the universe I'm down 2lbs!

Jen34
08-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Ok, that's really strange. AFTER I ate dinner, I weighed LESS than I did BEFORE I ate dinner. So weird, but hey! I'll take it!

AND, I did pilates tonite! I'm very excited about that. I felt good throughout the workout and I never got that "iffy" feeling as though I was going to have a crash. Now let's see how morning goes.

So tonite was so much better than today. Just goes to show that this cynic needs to just chill out and lighten up already! Good things are coming!

pam745
08-02-2012, 11:41 PM
Thanks barbiegrl7 and Jen34!

aw82797
08-03-2012, 07:16 AM
you would think that they would encourage exercise more, allow a few more calories for those that do exercise more, afterall if this is a lifestyle change then our lifestyle needs to include exercise or we will never keep it off plus exercise does such good things for our bodies, I do weight lifting twice a week right now, so far my counselors have said nothing but good things about my exercise, but I refuse to give it up I am still very overweight but I am physically more fit since I got active 3 years ago or so.
I'm having a hard time getting back on and staying on the wagon :( I feel like I am sabotaging myself and don't know how to stop. they say to avoid the feeder so What do we do if we are a self feeder?
going to weigh in today hoping to hit the 20 lb mark (that I should have hit 3 weeks ago if I hadn't sabotaged myself and went on a bender weekend gaining 5 pounds :()

barbiegrl7
08-03-2012, 11:13 AM
YAY!! its Friday!!! This has been an odd week for me...had a great weigh-in but at work have felt very off-balance this week....hopefully I will get some rest this weekend...maybe go to a yoga class at my gym on Sunday and next week will be better!

Jen34
08-03-2012, 11:39 AM
you would think that they would encourage exercise more, allow a few more calories for those that do exercise more, afterall if this is a lifestyle change then our lifestyle needs to include exercise or we will never keep it off plus exercise does such good things for our bodies, I do weight lifting twice a week right now, so far my counselors have said nothing but good things about my exercise, but I refuse to give it up I am still very overweight but I am physically more fit since I got active 3 years ago or so.
I'm having a hard time getting back on and staying on the wagon :( I feel like I am sabotaging myself and don't know how to stop. they say to avoid the feeder so What do we do if we are a self feeder?
going to weigh in today hoping to hit the 20 lb mark (that I should have hit 3 weeks ago if I hadn't sabotaged myself and went on a bender weekend gaining 5 pounds :()

Don't be too hard on yourself, just pick yourself up and move on. Old habits die hard but they can die if you whack 'em hard enough...or maybe just keep on whackin' at them. You're exercising and that's absolutely wonderful! Once you get to the mid to lower 200s you'll feel like superwoman with all that new muscle and the great shape your body will be taking on.

And you see above that my weight loss is going VERY slowly (and I've stayed on track the entire time so far). I sincerely doubt I'll be anywhere near my goal weight in 16 weeks, but I'm not going to give up regardless. Even if I only lose 1lb a week (LAME!) I'll still be down somewhere over 20lbs all told (still LAME) but down is better than up. And at a 20lb weight loss all my clothes will fit me again, so it's something. I'll just keep buying my supplements on the "free 2 weeks" day and extend if I have to.

It's so hard not to get discouraged, but keep talking on here...you're so not alone!

bigdog
08-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Don't be too hard on yourself, just pick yourself up and move on. Old habits die hard but they can die if you whack 'em hard enough...or maybe just keep on whackin' at them. You're exercising and that's absolutely wonderful! Once you get to the mid to lower 200s you'll feel like superwoman with all that new muscle and the great shape your body will be taking on.

And you see above that my weight loss is going VERY slowly (and I've stayed on track the entire time so far). I sincerely doubt I'll be anywhere near my goal weight in 16 weeks, but I'm not going to give up regardless. Even if I only lose 1lb a week (LAME!) I'll still be down somewhere over 20lbs all told (still LAME) but down is better than up. And at a 20lb weight loss all my clothes will fit me again, so it's something. I'll just keep buying my supplements on the "free 2 weeks" day and extend if I have to.

It's so hard not to get discouraged, but keep talking on here...you're so not alone!

my average was a 1 lb loss every week and i was dang happy about it. i've always heard the slower you take it off, the most likely it will stay off...not sure if that's true but the center wasnt too thrilled w/ my slow loss but i have kept it off and happy, happy, happy! pick up a pound of sugar! that's that weight off of your body! sometimes i'd have a 2 or 3 lb loss too but most likely a lb a week. i was so happy i wasn't gaining like i would do sometimes w/ WW.

bigdog
08-03-2012, 11:54 AM
aunt, cousins, sister, nephew, brother in laws - geez!! move to a vacation spot and they all come! and everyone wants to eat out ! plus the 10 day festival we had here complete w/ carnival food and beer trucks! anyway, i kept drinking the water, drinking my HNSs, eat very small portions of bad food choices, piled in veggies whenever i could, ;picked protein over carbs, took off the breading off the fried foods, threw away the buns or most of the bread...etc. etc. did gain 5 lbs as of monday and today scales registered loss of 3 so 2 lbs of water weight to go!! was really scared to get on the scale but wanted a jolt back to reality!! need to plan better next time. there is no reason why i couldnt have ordered salad w/ protein everytime we ate out - i could have chosen the restaurants, i could have had veggie trays at the house instead of cheese, crackers and olives...etc. i know better and could kick myself sometimes when i have the knowledge to keep the weight off and sneak back to bad habits because "everyone else is eating it" or it's easier. just as easy to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies and enjoy them! i'm still learning!! :-)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Jen34
08-03-2012, 01:40 PM
aunt, cousins, sister, nephew, brother in laws - geez!! move to a vacation spot and they all come! and everyone wants to eat out ! plus the 10 day festival we had here complete w/ carnival food and beer trucks! anyway, i kept drinking the water, drinking my HNSs, eat very small portions of bad food choices, piled in veggies whenever i could, ;picked protein over carbs, took off the breading off the fried foods, threw away the buns or most of the bread...etc. etc. did gain 5 lbs as of monday and today scales registered loss of 3 so 2 lbs of water weight to go!! was really scared to get on the scale but wanted a jolt back to reality!! need to plan better next time. there is no reason why i couldnt have ordered salad w/ protein everytime we ate out - i could have chosen the restaurants, i could have had veggie trays at the house instead of cheese, crackers and olives...etc. i know better and could kick myself sometimes when i have the knowledge to keep the weight off and sneak back to bad habits because "everyone else is eating it" or it's easier. just as easy to pick up some fresh fruit and veggies and enjoy them! i'm still learning!! :-)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Well hey, you enjoyed it while it lasted and now you're back on track. I think it would be sad to deny yourself the entire rest of your life. But it would be more sad if you never stopped endulging. Everything in moderation and always make sure the yang happens after the yin.

Good for you for getting back on track!

JenB72
08-03-2012, 01:42 PM

I was a self-sabotager too. You're not alone. I still struggle with it and I've hit my goal weight. That's why I'm back on the green menu at the moment. The trick is to start making habits where your new lifestyle is concerned. It doesn't come overnight, but if you take it a day at a time, or a meal at a time, or a hour at a time, it will happen. One of the things I read on here that is helping me lately is if I REALLY want something, I try to hold out. For instance, if I want an extra piece of (fill in the blank of whatever), I tell myself I will have it later on. It's actually helping me in that when I get to that time, I pull that on myself again. I'll have whatever when I'm watching my favorite show on tv. It's working because I usually don't want it because I've been so good all day. Find what works for you. Find what helps you basically go on auto-pilot with your eating plan and stick with it until it becomes second nature. Then you won't want to sabotage yourself.

The other thing that helps me so much is being active on this board. These ladies have talked me off a ledge on more than one occasion. ;)

sonnyrae
08-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Hit 180 today at WI. I'm glad I'm down, but I feel like it's taking me forever to get out of the 180s!! Plus, we have our week at the lake starting tomorrow. I planned the menu and did the shopping, but I still plan on indulging in a drink or two (hard not too!). I'll watch my portion sizes, but I'm not very hopeful that I will reach the 170s by next Tuesday.

Congrats to all the losers out there!

rachels77
08-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Way to go!

One thing that helps me with self sabotage... plan, plan, plan... water, water, and more water.

I agree with JenB - but I tell myself that, after I finish my full 33 oz container of water, if I still want it, I'll get it. Most of the time, the craving has passed and I feel better about saying "no"...

We went out last night for my daughter's birthday. To a pizza place. With screaming children. And a salad bar. ... Did okay but did allow myself a sliver of her cake and a TBSP of ice cream. Felt okay with it (it had a ton of icing) and moved on today with my happy usual breakfast and lunch. Moving onward and upward...

rachels77
08-03-2012, 03:54 PM

Hey, nvogue! Just wanted to tell you I'm sorry about your having to back down on the exercise... I LOVE my Zumba - I got 4 or 5 times a week. Hang in there, you will move on with weight loss and be able to return ... on a side note, are you drinking 1/2 of your weight in water? Sometimes my weight loss slowed down with not enough rest or water...

I wonder if your counselor would allow you to have a cheese stick or some type of protein after your workout to avoid muscle loss? Just a thought...

boxer lady
08-03-2012, 06:41 PM
I am on day 21 and am down 5.5 pounds. I am bummed by my slow loss
considerig that I am 100% OP. I am trying to remain positive and just realize I'm a slow loser. One big struggle I have is water I barely get my 64 oz in for my minimum. My goal of course is to bump it up to 100 oz.
Okay seriously ladies is that going to really get my weight loss moving?

Jen34
08-03-2012, 06:48 PM
I am on day 21 and am down 5.5 pounds. I am bummed by my slow loss
considerig that I am 100% OP. I am trying to remain positive and just realize I'm a slow loser. One big struggle I have is water I barely get my 64 oz in for my minimum. My goal of course is to bump it up to 100 oz.
Okay seriously ladies is that going to really get my weight loss moving?

Honestly, I really don't know. I know some on here have experienced that it does help but I have my doubts about that too.

They tell me at center that "it washes away the fat" but I have to wonder; do the nutrients just magically stay in the system? Couldn't too much water also flush out a lot of nutrients? I know if I drink too much water I get headaches so isn't there a point where you're drinking too much water?

They also say that half your body weight (in .oz) is what you're supposed to be drinking, but I think back to days when humans didn't have readily accessible water (only something that's humans have had in the last hundred years or so...throughout thousands of years of human existence) and I just find it hard to believe that humans evolved to need that much water.

Maybe I think too much.

nvogue
08-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Hey, nvogue! Just wanted to tell you I'm sorry about your having to back down on the exercise... I LOVE my Zumba - I got 4 or 5 times a week. Hang in there, you will move on with weight loss and be able to return ... on a side note, are you drinking 1/2 of your weight in water? Sometimes my weight loss slowed down with not enough rest or water...

I wonder if your counselor would allow you to have a cheese stick or some type of protein after your workout to avoid muscle loss? Just a thought...

Thanks rachels77 for the encouragement. I have been walking in the evenings which is not bad. Hopefully, I will be able to return to Zumba soon. I get in about 64 oz of water daily. I haven't increased it to half my weight yet which would be 100 oz. Before starting MRC, I was trying to drink a gallon of water daily but that became too much.

I am definitely getting my proper rest, so I will work on increasing my water. I will ask my counselor about the cheese stick/protein. There is not a center near me, so I am doing my program from home and I call in to talk to the counselors.

Still very pleased with my progress so far. Haven't been able to lose more than six pounds on other plans I have tried before quitting. :o

The Jolly Green Bran
08-03-2012, 08:10 PM
In my experience on the program ( its only been 2 months so not that long) I lose more weight if I drink more water and get a full night's rest. When I don't, I notice an incredibly small loss or stall. Also If I am drinking all 4 HNS's I notice it is a more steady loss.

bigdog
08-04-2012, 12:41 AM
and with all the family here, i was not on the computer so need to remember to do that too! :-) my family that was here eat horribly...full sugar sodas, junk food, candy...we did serve salads w/ each meal we prepared and they were like, yuck! anyway, it's not like i wanted the junk, it was just available and i felt like a slug eating temporally like that. my sis told me that my other sis gave her a few free passes for WW and she claimed she had no time to go... i was trying to explain to her that what me and my oldest sis are doing is not a diet, but a lifestyle change and not all about losing weight, it's about being healthier, having more energy, avoiding health problems and feeling good. the loss of weight really is a bonus :-) back in my routine, exercising and eating right makes me a much happier, less hormonal person! LOL (my DH appreciates that too!)

katie039008
08-04-2012, 02:00 AM
I started the Meta Slim program on 7/18/2012 and at my two week WI I was down 8lbs. It's been hard since I'm not a big vegetable eater. I've been eating a lot of green beans and it's starting to get old. Any suggestions to make vegetables more appealing.

patzi
08-04-2012, 09:15 AM
I started the Meta Slim program on 7/18/2012 and at my two week WI I was down 8lbs. It's been hard since I'm not a big vegetable eater. I've been eating a lot of green beans and it's starting to get old. Any suggestions to make vegetables more appealing.

Hi..
Try roasting veggies or grilling them.. I do that lots. Also, use raw foods as veggies. Last night I had tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, spinach , etc. with a nice dressing that was delicious..
Try looking up veggies online and it will give you many ways to prepare them.
If eggplant is on your diet plan, that is soooo good grilled, if you like that veggie. I try to vary my veggies. This week we had zucchini, summer squash, turnip greens, string beans, spaghetti squash and salad items . Any time you are having a difficult time eating anything or not being able to include what your diet calls for, sit down with your consultant and have her figure it out for you.. I reached maintenance on the Meta Slim plan and it is a great one. I just remembered another way. I water saute veggies lots and I am a big user of fresh and dried herbs.. By water saute, I mean,put a little water in bottom of pan, infuse with some nice herbs, then put veggies in and water saute them. It is almost like steaming in a way, but the herbs do spruce up the flavor. Good luck.

Patzi

patzi
08-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Re: limited exercise. I have never heard one of my friends mention that a consultant thold them that. I have 5 friends that started MRC and finished and went to maintenance. Two did not. One did zumba , one weight lifting, I did walking, and others gym three times a week. That is not saying it is not a fact, but I never heard anyone say that.

As for water, I find I lost more weight if I drank 64 oz. of water a day. I would take it to work with me.. Consultant told me that I could use a decafinated tea, like one of the celestial ones, and I do that, add a HNS in there with it, and sip on it all day. Sometimes, I just take water, but I drink water all day long. Stop drinking at 6PM or I am up all night using bathroom.
Good combo is the blueberry tea with the blue colored HNS.. That is real good. Also flavor water with lemon, some mint leaves ands sweetener and that is refreshing all day long. Tastes like lemonade.

Patzi

cmarty
08-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Hi,
This is all new to me. I just started MRC five days ago. First three days I had a massive headache. I am not craving anything and everything is going well. I weigh on Tuesday. Since I turned 50, the weight packed on. I weigh 185 lbs and want to get to 142. I have struggled for a while trying to lose. Can anyone give me the key to losing? I started drinking water and I think that helps with the appetite.I go to the gym and do interval training 3 times a week.For the first time, I have cut out caffine,sugar....also trying to eat smaller portions. Please let me know if you have something that hs worked for you,:)

Jen34
08-04-2012, 02:58 PM

Dip them in Dijonnaise. That helps a lot. Just don't go crazy. Get just enough on there to flavor them and that's it.

patzi
08-04-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi,
This is all new to me. I just started MRC five days ago. First three days I had a massive headache. I am not craving anything and everything is going well. I weigh on Tuesday. Since I turned 50, the weight packed on. I weigh 185 lbs and want to get to 142. I have struggled for a while trying to lose. Can anyone give me the key to losing? I started drinking water and I think that helps with the appetite.I go to the gym and do interval training 3 times a week.For the first time, I have cut out caffine,sugar....also trying to eat smaller portions. Please let me know if you have something that hs worked for you,:)
I am on maintenance now, and my suggestion to you is, if you stay on program you will lose. If yiou have a problem , talk to your consultant and
have them work it out for you. As far as eating smaller portions, you need to eat what it tells you on your diet plan. It will tell you how much of protein, fruit, carbs, etc. you are allowed for breakfast , lunch and supper.. MRC will work with you 100%, you will not be all alone on this, and you have this forum. I would not have made it to maintenance without the support of these great people on this forum.. You have made good decisions, gym,omitting caffeine and sugar which are not allowed on the program . The only thing that has worked is complete dedication and wanting to getthe weight off. If you cheat, you do not lose. If for some reason you do get off program, jump right back on and keep going. Everyone makes mistakes. That is the magic of it. I hope I have answered some of your questions. You made the right choice choosing MRC. I want to wish you all the luck, and please ask any questions you have on your new challenge.
Patzi

Jen34
08-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Hi,

I had a lot of headaches in the beginning too. I think it has to do with your body going through shock and detox. I even had a sugar crash on my second day that really concerned me, but none since then. I drink a lot of water, but personally, I don't agree that you should drink as much as they tell you...but don't listen to me, I'm just an opinionated skeptic...listen to your counselors. I think if you drink between 64-100oz. that'll be more than enough. I try for 7 bottles of water a day and that is plenty.

I never craved anything either, but after about two weeks, last night was a little hard. I really wanted to go in and get some coffee or a cookie, but I resisted. In some ways it'll get easier as you go along and in some ways it'll get harder. Stick with us here on the board, we'll help you through it all!

camaswa
08-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi,
What works is following the plan as best you can. You probably will feel crappy for a while, it's your body switching from using carbs for fuel to using fat. It's a big change, both physically and emotionally. Read pasts posts and you will find others have gone through exactly what you are going through. It's not easy, but it's so worth it. just follow the plan, don't second guess and don't obsess. (Spoken by someone who has struggled to do all three!)

birdfeet
08-05-2012, 07:41 PM

You don't want to lose muscle, just fat.

birdfeet
08-05-2012, 07:44 PM
What works is following the plan as best you can. You probably will feel crappy for a while, it's your body switching from using carbs for fuel to using fat. It's a big change, both physically and emotionally. Read pasts posts and you will find others have gone through exactly what you are going through. It's not easy, but it's so worth it. just follow the plan, don't second guess and don't obsess. (Spoken by someone who has struggled to do all three!)

Amen to that.LOL.I switched from caffiene coffee to decaf and it works great. Have done this now for over a year and don't plan to go back.

cmarty
08-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Thanks girls..for giving me such good advice and making me feel welcome to this site. I can feel that my journey is going to be a much easier one since I have the kindness and support of you all here!:):goodvibes

camaswa
08-05-2012, 11:32 PM
You don't want to lose muscle, just fat.
I know- I didnt write that post very clearly. I strength train and want to GAIN muscle while also LOSING fat. My percentage of lean is lower than I want it to be.

nvogue
08-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Wel this was not a good weekend for me. For three weeks, I had done so well staying OP, but Saturday started my downward slope. Running errands I decided I NEEDED an oatmeal raisin cookie from Subway, so I bought just one! Then my husband and I went to a retirement gala Saturday night, and I ate the dessert. I was only going to have one bite of the red velvet cake, but I had no will power and ate the whole piece. Then Sunday after church, I had sweet potato pie!!! I am so mad with myself because sure enough the scale showed a 1.4 lbs gain this morning!!

Well I am refocused and back on program this morning. Was hoping to be under the 200s this Thursday for my weigh in, but now I'm not sure that will happen. Could kick myself for no will power!!! Sweets are so my weakness!!:(

Tamikl
08-06-2012, 05:02 PM
Sweets are my weakness lately, too. I try not to have much around in the house...but have 3 kiddos, so makes it tough sometimes. Willpower just continues to grow as you continue to lose weight...The more you invest in the journey, the more you don't want to screw it up!! Hang in there and allow yourself to be human. We all like our treats!!!

aw82797
08-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Well I've finally gotten my head back in the game & had a 4.5 loss this morning! Im so excited!

The Jolly Green Bran
08-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Wow Congrats Angela! That is a huge loss!

Jen34
08-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Weighed in today, gained .5lbs. Sigh, I'm only 2 weeks into it and I'm already gaining. I've been strictly OP. The counselor suggested I start taking "the three amigos" so I bought two of the three. They're very expensive! (Might I say too expensive. I suspect I can get the same thing elsewhere for cheaper.) But I bought them and will give them a month to see if they have an effect.

I'm so sick of my body being at war with me!

pam745
08-06-2012, 10:02 PM
Today is day 15 on the beige menu. I'm really hoping that when I go in tomorrow I will be down enough to switch to the green menu. I still can not eat all the protein and the veggies at lunch at dinner.

JodiH
08-06-2012, 11:17 PM
I had wi today and lost another pound. My loss has been slow the entire time, and I think I am averaging about 7 pounds per month. I don't have that many more to go, but I am at a very difficult stage and seems I have as many stalls as I have pounds lost! But, this plan is one I can live with. I have been on others that I could hardly wait to finish so I could eat my old favorites. But, I know if I want to keep it off this time, I have to have a life change!

joanie830
08-07-2012, 12:34 AM
First day back on program and I didn't quite get to half my body weight in ounces of water, but considering I haven't been drinking any, I'm pretty happy with what I did get in. I've been reading the posts on the board for about an hour and am feeling really motivated to do it this time.

nvogue
08-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Well I'm so proud of myself. After caving in to sweets over the weekend, I talked with my counselor who talked me off the ledge and I got refocused to eating OP. I did very well with my eating and drinking my water yesterday.

Weigh in is Thursday morning, so hopefully the scale will move in the other direction by then. Thanks for all of the encouragement.

m1sskara
08-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Hey everyone! I'm new here, hope you dont' mind if I jump in! At my weigh in last week I lost 3 pounds! I hit the 50 pound mark. I'm on vacation right now, visiting family in Mississippi! Its been so hard! My next WI is on Thursday.
I'm on the meta-balance for breastfeeding mothers program. It ends at the end of this month and i'm considering meta-slim. I need to kick it up a notch!

-kara

barbiegrl7
08-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Today starts day 24 and I am loving it!!!! Down 16 lbs so far, another 4 lbs and I will hit my 1st mini goal by being down 20 lbs!!! :carrot::p:carrot:;)

nvogue
08-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Today starts day 24 and I am loving it!!!! Down 16 lbs so far, another 4 lbs and I will hit my 1st mini goal by being down 20 lbs!!! :carrot::p:carrot:;)

Congratulations Jennifer!! You are doing an excellent job! What type of exercise are you doing? I remember you recommending the YMCA and water aerobics.

We started around the same time and I have lost 9 pounds. Need to kick it up a notch!!!

JenB72
08-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I wanted to welcome all our newbies!!!! This board is beyond amazing and the ladies are incredibly supportive.

barbiegrl7
08-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Congratulations Jennifer!! You are doing an excellent job! What type of exercise are you doing? I remember you recommending the YMCA and water aerobics.

We started around the same time and I have lost 9 pounds. Need to kick it up a notch!!!

Thanks I do water aerobics on Tuesday and Thursday at my gym and my MRC offers a 30 minute Walk away the pounds on Mondays and my daughter and I attempt to do Zumba on the Kinect at home!

Minic1
08-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi all! I am new to MRC and love these boards!! Thank you all for sharing your words of widsom and support!!

Minic1
08-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Jen34 - What are the "the three amigos"?

pam745
08-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Weighed in this morning and I was down 2 pounds! That's 11 total! I am so glad I found this board. Going back and reading past posts has been really helpful!

patzi
08-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Had maintenance weigh in today and stayed the same, 5 pounds under goal.
Congrats to all the newbies, and Pam745, great weight loss, be proud of yourself..

Patzi

Jen34
08-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Jen34 - What are the "the three amigos"?

Let's see if I can remember. One is a metabolism booster, the other is a fat flusher, the third focuses on the adrenal glands, keeps them from producing too much cortisol. I didn't choose that one because I don't know if my adrenal glands are producing too much cortisol and I don't see why I should take that one w/out first getting confirmation from my Dr. that it's a good idea. The other two I didn't see any harm in so I went ahead and bought them. One is called MRC-6 (I think), the other is Cortisol (again, I think) and the last one...I'm not sure what it's called.

JenB72
08-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Phentratrim, MRC-6, & Corti-Trim. They are proprietary to MRC. I haven't found anything comparable online, although others may have.

katie039008
08-07-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm on the big three. I take Corti-Trim, MRC-6 and the All Day Weight Loss. I think it's helped alot. Even when I went off the diet a little I still took them and lost weight.

cmarty
08-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Great Job, Pam!

I had my first weigh in today. This is my preconditioning week. I lost 8 lbs. That is incredible!:carrot: RAh RAH REE! I just want to know if this is mainly water...will I gain some of this back?

cmarty
08-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Patsi,
Good job maintaining! I think that probably the toughest thing to do!:carrot:

Jen34
08-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Great Job, Pam!

I had my first weigh in today. This is my preconditioning week. I lost 8 lbs. That is incredible!:carrot: RAh RAH REE! I just want to know if this is mainly water...will I gain some of this back?

I'm in my third week. I losts 6lbs the first week, 1.5 the second and this week isn't looking to be a strong loss week either.

I can't say for you if it's mostly water, but I'm sure a lot of it is. What happens after that first week seems to vary greatly, so I'll hope for you more success than I'm currently experiencing!

PianoGirl78
08-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Hi guys, I have resigned back with MRC. I was last on it in April, but I completely flopped and fell off the wagon and gained a bit back. I am moving at the end of the month for grad school, so once I am gone, I will be doing MRC at home since there is not a center in the town I will be moving to. I have a whole year to lose the weight I guess because it is the at home program. I plan to post and be active on this forum because I will need all the support I can get. Reading all of your posts definitely keeps me motivated.

nvogue
08-08-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm so excited this morning. Although I fell off the band wagon over the weekend, I refocused and have been eating OP since Monday morning. I weighed this morning and lost the 1.4 lbs I gained over the weekend. I went to water aerobics last night which was so much fun!! I am going to do Zumba tonight to see how I feel. I really miss the class. My official WI is tomorrow morning, so hopefully the scale will move a little more.

The Jolly Green Bran
08-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Welcome Back PianoGirl! What an exciting time for you! Please do stick around as I have gained sooooo much support and advice from these lovely ladies and have been successful because of them.

Nvogue- Way to go for getting back OP! That is the most important thing, just auto correcting when you get off track. Is the Water Aerobics fun? I want something to switch things up especially in this summer heat!

Things are going really well for me! I am >>>This Close<<< to signing the 30 pound board! Only .4 pounds to go. Soo excited! My parents and future BIL are coming on Saturday from AZ and the last time they saw me I was at my heaviest. OH! Speaking of future BIL- I got engaged!!!:carrot::carrot:
I'm so happy right now I could do a happy dance. It feels like there has been a huge energy shift and I am just feeling...happy! This is even more motivation for me to do well on this program.

Happy losing everyone~
-Brandis

camaswa
08-08-2012, 03:24 PM
Jolly green, that is so great! Looking good and feeling good becomes its own motivation. A great place to be!

barbiegrl7
08-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Jolly Green Bran - Congrats!!!!! that is awesome....you should do a happy dance!!!!

rachels77
08-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Way to go on the weight loss, everyone! I've been crazy busy this past week with my daughter's birthday and such, but I'm bbbaaaaccckkk! Looking forward to checking in with everyone and losing some more weight!

pam745
08-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Congrats Jolly! That is great news!

cmarty
08-08-2012, 06:19 PM
Hi,
I started the Metaslim Days one through 4 today. Does anyone know if you can leave off the olive oil with cider vinegar...I really don't like that! They told me to stick to this menu.
Also I came in starving today. I got through it...Is the next menu easier?

cmarty
08-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Jen,
Your just a few weeks ahead of me. I only have 1 week on the program. I am on the yellow menu....does this get a little easier? ...I would like more variety.

JenB72
08-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Yes, you can leave the oil/vinegar off and eat it dry. That's what I did.

It does get easier. The first 10 days are the hardest, but if you make it through that without deviating, you have a great sense of accomplishment that you can handle this plan. Hang in there and check in often. :)

cmarty
08-08-2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks Jenb72
It makes me feel so much better to know I don't have to eat that. The thought of that makes me sick! Thanks for the advice!

camaswa
08-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Hi,
I started the Metaslim Days one through 4 today. Does anyone know if you can leave off the olive oil with cider vinegar...I really don't like that! They told me to stick to this menu.
Also I came in starving today. I got through it...Is the next menu easier?
Cmarty, is it the cider vinegar you dislike? If so I would try olive oil with bit of red wine or balsamic vinegar instead. or even with no vinegar at all, whichiswhT I do. The olive oil is so good for your skin and heart with those Omega 3s. Cider vinegar's health benefits have not been similarly proven, to my knowledge. Just want t o make sure you aren't throwing the baby out with the bath water. I could not imagine life without olive oil!

notquittingthistime
08-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Hi all,
I am new to this blog. I have been on MRC for 53 days and have lost 28.5 pounds. I lost a lot at the beginning but it is down to a pound a week now. I am trying to stay positive and I really like all the info and support you guys seem to give each other. :)

pam745
08-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Hi all,
I am new to this blog. I have been on MRC for 53 days and have lost 28.5 pounds. I lost a lot at the beginning but it is down to a pound a week now. I am trying to stay positive and I really like all the info and support you guys seem to give each other. :)

Wow! 28.5 is great! Congrats and keep up the good work!

PianoGirl78
08-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Thank you for the welcome Jolly Green and congratulations! :) I started the white menu on Sunday and have stuck to it. My birthday was on Monday, and I did not deviate from plan at all! I realized if I can stick to the plan during my birthday, then I can stick to it for the entirety of the program. I weighed in today and lost 3 pounds! I thought since I am now under 250 I would be on the beige menu, but I will ask about it when I weigh on Monday.

notquittingthistime
08-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks Pam745. I have a question. Maybe it is just the difference in states, I am in Tennessee. But what is the different color menus for? I have not heard anything about different colors from anyone at the center.

The Jolly Green Bran
08-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the congratulations you all :) Pianogirl that is a huge loss congrats!

Notquittingthistime- 28 pounds in 53 days in phenomenal!:carrot:

lovetofishandrun
08-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Had WI today - up 1.5 but it has been crazy last 3 wks. with MIL illness and death. Was hoping to be in stabilization but have a bit more fat to lose. We have been trying to help FIL with insurance and such so have not been getting all the water or HNS. Hoping things will slow down but sista that had liver transplant 15 years ago is having kidney issues. Would appreciate prayers. Welcome newbies and congrats everyone else. This forum has lifted my spirits many times over the past few weeks.

cmarty
08-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Congrats Notquitting This Time And Piano Girl..woo..hoo..keep Up The Good Work

cmarty
08-09-2012, 06:21 PM
HEYcarmarsa,

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/cartoonblob01/lb/185/142/177/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)
Thanks so much I'll try that!

camaswa
08-09-2012, 08:46 PM
My thoughts are with you, lovestofish.

JMFar
08-09-2012, 11:28 PM
I am a newbie. Love reading this thread! I have been with MRC for 25 days. I have lost 15 lbs. just reading to keeping inspired!

aw82797
08-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Welcome to all the newbies (LOL as if I'm not one) & congrats to all the losers out there, and even those that get right back on the wagon after falling off. I went off plan a few weeks back and It was soooooooo hard to get back on, I am slowly getting back on plan and getting results again. I resisted eating leftovers tonight and instead cooked my chicken while everyone else ate. I go WI tomorrow & I'm hoping to be in the 80's by then (I think I am but we will see ) I am glad to have this forum it helps immensely

bigdog
08-09-2012, 11:46 PM
prayers coming your way, lovetofish....my MIL had surgery yesterday, they think it's cancer of the bladder (she has Alzheimers too) FIL is doing chemo for cancer of the pancreas (had the whipple procedure in Jan.) hopefully he'll be in remission...or even better, the chemo has taken care of what has spread. they are in pretty good spirits despite all that is going on. we are the only family here taking care of them but we do have some good friends and their neighbors help out.
headed on a long camping trip fri. to mon for some R&R and focusing on MRC diet keeps me sane and energy up... packed veggies, protein powder, case of water, lean meats, salad stuff, greek yogurt, fruit, cheese... my treat will be mich ultra and lite margaritas but will step up the water even more~! hope everyone has a great weekend!

camaswa
08-10-2012, 01:09 AM
Oh gosh. Bigdog, that is sad. This time of life with parents is so tough. As you know, I'm all through with it now, but I still have flashbacks. Today flipping through photos on my phone I saw ones of my parents. My dad gone 4 years now, my mom 2. And there were about five years of rushing home (arcoss the whole dang country) for one medical crisis or another -including one that occurred when they were in Canada, for Pete's sake. Oh my. Seems like yesterday I was going through it all. I'll be thinking of you with your in-laws.

Jen34
08-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I weighed in yesterday and was down a pound. And this morning I saw a new number on the scale as well...a whole pound difference from yesterday morning. Whew! That thing stayed put for far too long!

I am appreciating the tips from the counselors. When I did a WI on Monday, they suggested I start taking the supplements. I bought two of the three amigos (the third seems like something I need to see the doctor about first so because of that and the price, I opted out of it). I don't know if that's what helped but the scale has moved. I'm having to take lower doses of the supplements though (MRC-5 and enhancer) because they were revving me up too much and even though I was buzzed, I also felt exhausted. And I actually got 8 hours of sleep last night too, so maybe that also helped.

The counselor yesterday suggested that for two days I eat nothing but fish, berries, and veggies for lunch and dinner. No carbs at all, even for breakfast...just berries. I'm going to try that today and tomorrow and see what results I get out of that. I like the NON-supplement suggestions yesterday's counselor gave me.

I see now why this program does work, because the counselors are there to make sure it does. If you're not losing weight (at least at my center) they make suggestions to help you get the scale moving again. I like and appreciate that.

lovetofishandrun
08-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Thanks camaswa and bigdog. Looking forward to a quieter weekend (running 4 miles tomorrow) and getting back on track with water and food. Hope everyone has a great and OP weekend.

rachels77
08-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Prayers for your family, Love to Fish... hang in there. So sorry for your loss.

Jen34 - thanks for the tips. I may try that!

I'm still chugging along. Lose a pound here and there, gain one here... still staying relatively down. My grandfather had a heart attack a few days ago and I'm devastated. Trying to stay on plan as much as possible. Hubby took me out to dinner sans kids last night, which helped with the stress! So thanksful for his support!

cmarty
08-10-2012, 06:57 PM
Hey love to fish and run,
Does the running help you to lose weight a lot faster. I am around your starting weight and I have ran in the past. I think I can start doing that. How much do you run?
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/cartoonblob01/lb/0/43.5/8.5/.png[/url

patzi
08-10-2012, 09:22 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Lovetofish.

Patzi

aw82797
08-10-2012, 11:24 PM
this is a difficult journey without the added stress of loss & sickness I pray for you guys who are dealing with these things. at WI today I was down another 3 pounds, it is so motivating to see the scale moving. However while I was in the shower tonight my feeder (aka mom) stopped by and dropped off a bag of movie theatre popcorn ack! my complete weekness, I am going to have to get the kids to eat that up tomorrow or throw it away to keep me out of it LOL. I hope everyone has a great weekend :)

barbiegrl7
08-11-2012, 11:33 AM
aw - popcorn is my weakness as well....i miss it so much :( and we keep it in our house for my youngest daughter to eat (shes a teeny tiny thing I think aliens created :) ) so I feel your pain...stay strong!

lovetofishandrun
08-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Hey love to fish and run,
Does the running help you to lose weight a lot faster. I am around your starting weight and I have ran in the past. I think I can start doing that. How much do you run?
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/cartoonblob01/lb/0/43.5/8.5/.png[/url

cmarty - It has helped me not only with weight loss but stress. I'm definitely a turtle when it comes to running but I just started running March 2011. I'm following LR marathon/half/10K training program. Let me know if you need info or you can use C25K (couch to 5K)

TY rachels77 and patzi. Camaswa I understand about seeing pics. My dad died 15 yrs ago Monday and I have days. We called each other almost everyday with a joke or funny story. bigdog - MIL started showing signs of dementia a year ago but it had really accelerated last few months. Prayers for you, hubby and FIL/MIL. Enjoy camping. Our temp this morn was 66 - come on fall!!:dancer:

pam745
08-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Prayers for you and your family lovestofish.

I've been weighing in the mornings, but now that school is starting I am going to have to go in the afternoons. Yesterday was the first pm WI and I was up one pound but I was wearing jeans when I usually wear shorts. So I know really I wasn't up 1, but I didn't like seeing that number regardless.

I'm worried about staying OP when I go back to work. Monday morning we are having a staff welcome back breakfast. My plan is just to eat before I go and then just get some fruit. Lunch is going to be harder since everyone is going to want to go out to eat on the workdays. I think I'm either going to bring my lunch or just go home and eat. The real test will come when the students start.

cmarty
08-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Thanks love to fish and run

my prayers are with you

cmarty
08-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Hey Pam,
I had to do the same thing. Eat breakfast before you go. I did that and just drank water at the breakfast. For lunch, I ordered a salad and brought my Walden dressing.We even ate at Applebee's one day and I ordered shrimp to go on my salad. I figured I have to learn how to do this someday so why not practice ordering healthy now. Good Luck!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-blue/cartoonblob01/lb/185/142/177/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

JodiH
08-11-2012, 07:27 PM
Pam, we start school next week, also. We will have assorted pasteries for breakfast and the group usually goes to the local Mexican restaurant for lunch. I have learned I have to plan ahead. I will take my own drink to sip on during breakfast and make up my mind what I will have for lunch. I think if I take my lunch and eat alone, I will be unhappy. However, during school we all take our lunch so that is a plus. I have stashed a food bar and extra HNS in my room. Actually, I am hoping that getting back to a regular routine will be a good thing.

pam745
08-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Thanks cmarty and Jodi. I plan to keep bars and a box of HNS in my desk and lots of water in the refrigerator. Thank goodness the bathroom is close to my classroom!

sonnyrae
08-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Ugh. I'm back from vacation (a week at the lake) and I caved about halfway through. It started with a few Cheez-Its and ended with a full-blown fudge/chip/rum drink attack by the last evening. I'm back on plan but I can already tell that I've gained a lot of weight in just four days. My pants are super tight :(

I started out so well and then I did a stupid thing and left my bag of vitamins and HNSs at home. I didn't give up right away but it was harder and harder to resist all of the junk food at the lake house, especially without any assistance from HNSs. I thought that swimming every day and even a pretty strenuous hike would be enough to counteract the damage, but I was wrong. And I feel like poo! It totally wasn't worth it and now I know, but I'm afraid I set myelf back by weeks.

Again, I've stayed on plan today and will continue the course, but I'm really frustrated with myself. I was SO CLOSE to the 170s!

birdfeet
08-13-2012, 01:42 AM
Prayers for you and your family lovestofish.

I've been weighing in the mornings, but now that school is starting I am going to have to go in the afternoons. Yesterday was the first pm WI and I was up one pound but I was wearing jeans when I usually wear shorts. So I know really I wasn't up 1, but I didn't like seeing that number regardless.

I'm worried about staying OP when I go back to work. Monday morning we are having a staff welcome back breakfast. My plan is just to eat before I go and then just get some fruit. Lunch is going to be harder since everyone is going to want to go out to eat on the workdays. I think I'm either going to bring my lunch or just go home and eat. The real test will come when the students start.

the time of day,our weight changes also. Your doing great.Keep up the good work.

barbiegrl7
08-13-2012, 04:28 PM
Well, just weighed myself at work and the scale said 200 lbs, tomorrow is my WI at MRC and since my daughter and I are going to the gym tonight keeping my fingers crossed that I will be under 200 lbs tomorrow. Oh that would make me so very very happy!!!!

cmarty
08-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Allison just jump back on the wagon! We all fall sometimes...just don't give up!

Barbiegirl... I wish you luck!

Hey, Does anyone know if you lose more weight on the blue and yellow menus than the green? or is it about the same... Iknow I am tired of the yellow and blue menus and I am ready to be able to have a litlle more choice in my food.
Also, are most of you doing a lot of exercise.. I only do elliptical 30 minutes a day. Is that enough?
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/flower02/lb/185.5/142/177/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

patzi
08-13-2012, 09:32 PM
cmarty...
Before I went on maintenance and to this day, I walk every day for 45 minutes to an hour at times. I walk late at night, as I work. Hubby and I walk together. This had to be enough for me, as it was all I could fit in.. I still lost weight. I did do weights on the arms when I could. If it feels like it is good, it is probably enough. You can check with your consultant, also, but that seems good to me. You are committed 30 minutes a day, and that is an achievement.
Patzi

bigdog
08-14-2012, 12:14 AM
Back from our mini vacation camping at st Augustine for four days and even though I threw all the bread w the sandwiches and wraps away (i just ate the meat and veggies) etc I still feel bloated and swollen. I drank a lot of water but did have a few mich ultras a day and we killed some Cheetos and triscuits on the beach a couple days. Ate out a couple nights but actually took half of my meal back to have for lunch.... Drink my hnss daily ..I do need to start tracking again which I haven't done in awhile. We did a lot of swimming and walking. I did start Activella hormone replacement a month ago. And I've had some break thru bleeding like I'm having a period again. Could explain the swollen stomach? Sorry for the TMI!!!
We r going on our big vacation after labor day so would really like to get at least five more pounds off and firm up my belly and arms. My goal when I started MRC last august was to lose ten lbs before my sept vac at the beach and I did it!! I can do this ;)
Congrats to all the losers out there!!!

PS Camaswa. I know what you mean re family. Sometimes I will hear the word Mom and tear up (lost my mom 3 years ago and sometimes it feels like it was just the other day) a month after my mom died, my dad had mini strokes from losing the love of his life (married over 60 years) and has what they now figured out is vascular dementia ( we thought it was Alzheimer's). My dad is doing good though and happy as can be- I have a great family that take great care of him and the assisted living he's in is awesome. He amazes me when I visit. Very active at 89 !! We have to tell him to slow down!

katie039008
08-14-2012, 02:47 AM
Back from our mini vacation camping at st Augustine for four days and even though I threw all the bread w the sandwiches and wraps away (i just ate the meat and veggies) etc I still feel bloated and swollen. I drank a lot of water but did have a few mich ultras a day and we killed some Cheetos and triscuits on the beach a couple days. Ate out a couple nights but actually took half of my meal back to have for lunch.... Drink my hnss daily ..I do need to start tracking again which I haven't done in awhile. We did a lot of swimming and walking. I did start Activella hormone replacement a month ago. And I've had some break thru bleeding like I'm having a period again. Could explain the swollen stomach? Sorry for the TMI!!!
We r going on our big vacation after labor day so would really like to get at least five more pounds off and firm up my belly and arms. My goal when I started MRC last august was to lose ten lbs before my sept vac at the beach and I did it!! I can do this ;)
Congrats to all the losers out there!!!

PS Camaswa. I know what you mean re family. Sometimes I will hear the word Mom and tear up (lost my mom 3 years ago and sometimes it feels like it was just the other day) a month after my mom died, my dad had mini strokes from losing the love of his life (married over 60 years) and has what they now figured out is vascular dementia ( we thought it was Alzheimer's). My dad is doing good though and happy as can be- I have a great family that take great care of him and the assisted living he's in is awesome. He amazes me when I visit. Very active at 89 !! We have to tell him to slow down!

I have been on this diet about a month and everyonce in a while I tend to eat off the plan. But, I have this great extra thing that I use to help with getting the inchess off and firming the belly. I sell It Works! Ultimate body applicator and the defining gel. I'm not sure if anyone has heard of them, but I use them along with this diet to help get the inches off on my tummy. If anyone is interested you can check them out on http : // katelen . myitworks . com

So I work at a popcorn factory and I work 4pm-4am which is hard especially with this diet. But the hardest thing is when we're making white cheddar, sour cream and cheddar or the triple chocolatey delight. I tend to snack just a bit to get that flavor. I know it's not good, but I somehow haven't been able to totally get it out of my diet. I go in Wednesday for my WI, I think by my scale I have still lost another few pounds, hopefully my little snacking didn't mess me up too much.

nvogue
08-14-2012, 03:13 PM
I celebrated my one year anniversary this past weekend by going to Hilton Head, SC with my husband. I tried really hard to stay OP, but going on vacation and doing MRC can be a challenge. I didn't go overboard, but I did partake in a few treats but immediately got back OP when we returned. Scale showed this morning that I actually lost 1.2 lbs since last WI where I had gained a pound from the previous WI, so I am so proud of myself. I have my official WI on Thursday morning, so I am hoping to be down even more.

Although I didn't follow plan 100%, it felt so good to celebrate our first year together away from the day to day obligations!!!

Stay encouraged everyone, we can do this!! If you get off plan, just start back strong the next day and you will continue to see results.

lovetofishandrun
08-14-2012, 06:12 PM
barbiegirl72 - hope you make onederland this week!!

nvogue - congrats on one year anniversary. Yes, it is hard to stay 100% OP when celebrating life milestones but we do have to celebrate

I had annual check-up today and I swear my doctor was dancing in the room. :carrot: He was most impressed with weight loss in one year (been OP 50 weeks) but I want to relate something about body fat. I did body comp last week @ MRC and it showed body fat at 39%. I told my dr. that and he said no way. He is a marathoner, ultra runner, cyclist plus is a support md on ultras and is personal dr for many of the local elite runners and cyclists. According to him, my body fat is between 18 and 20%. Granted, he did not use calipers but did look of "fat" on my hips and I trust him. That said, do not be discouraged if your body fat % isn't moving very much..chances are it really is. I'm going to ask MRC when the machine was last calibrated.

Hope everyone has a great rest week and the scale is going down!!

JodiH
08-14-2012, 10:40 PM
I finally got to sign the 70 pound board! 9 more pounds to go. WhooHooo!

pam745
08-14-2012, 11:51 PM
Congrats Jodi! That is awesome!

I'm back at work. The last two days have been crazy but I have stayed OP.

rwquilts
08-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Congratulations Jodi, way to go!

barbiegrl7
08-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Congrats to all who have lost or even just got back OP cause there are some days when its hard to resist!

I did it! I did it! I am at 199!!!!! Whoohoo...first time I have been under 200 lbs since 2006!!!!!!!
I have offically lost 20.5 lbs in 31 days! I feel amazing!

lovetofishandrun
08-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Congrats to all who have lost or even just got back OP cause there are some days when its hard to resist!

I did it! I did it! I am at 199!!!!! Whoohoo...first time I have been under 200 lbs since 2006!!!!!!!
I have offically lost 20.5 lbs in 31 days! I feel amazing!

Way to go Barbiegrl7. You are in onderland:bravo:

Congrats to JodiH for signing board for losing 70 lbs.

meazie
08-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Jumping in to the thread to say Hi! I joined during the Xmas in July special and am just now getting OP. Today is my first full day with HNS drinks and I'm slowly adding in supplements to see how I react to them.

rachels77
08-15-2012, 06:22 PM
Congratulations to the losers! It is nice to see the scale go down...

I know what you guys mean about vacation. I struggled alot after going to Yellowstone last month and am just now getting back on track. I'm still struggling with stress but it's something I need to learn to do long-term as it has such a negative impact on me, my sleep and my weight loss.

This week should iron itself out with the kiddos going back to school and such...

Cmarty - I try to do some type of activity at least 5-6 days per week. I usually alternate between the elliptical and Zumba... trying to get in at least 4 1-hour Zumba classes per week. For me, I just need that extra "umph" to keep losing. For me personally, 45 minutes on the elliptical at the "random" setting (for weight loss) and then the 1 hour Zumba for 4-6 days per week seems to do the trick.

But, I agree, any activity and starting small is a great idea. You just need to challenge your body to do what it can and expend those calories!

sonnyrae
08-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Congrats Jodi!

I've been pushing off WI after vacation. I'll have to go in tomorrow, but I know I won't be happy. I've been OP since Sunday, but I did some serious damage on vacation.

cmarty
08-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Great Job Barbie girl! That is wonderful!:carrot:

bigdog
08-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Just had a nice salad with some grilled Mahi Mahi and a little bit of ginger dressing. Yum!! My new fave dessert is greek yogurt with some syntrax vanilla bean torte protein powder blended in topped with strawberries ;). If I'm craving a chocolate topping I take 1/3 cookie and cream protein bar and crumble it on top (chocolite brand from diet direct - they are sugar free and only 95 cal. -9g protein). Yummmmmmmmmmy ;)

bigdog
08-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Those coming off vacation......drink more water than u think possible, step up the HNSs or protein drinks. Try to eliminate all carbs except for fruit for a few days. Then drink even more water and step up the activity :dancer: Also think
About what a slug you felt like eating all that junk. Lol!!! Can you feel that flat stomach emerging again? Remember that light feeling and being in control ?? Stick with the plan and you will be there again!! The cool thing is the water weight will come off fast and we all know what to do. Yay!

aw82797
08-16-2012, 12:07 AM
My husband is thinking of trying out MRC too, he is 215ish pounds does anyone know how much protein he would be eating?

JLVMOM
08-16-2012, 03:51 AM
I’m currently on the beige menu and lose 2-3 lbs a week. I’m going to Hawaii in 6 weeks. Any recommendations or tips on how to speed the weight loss up? Also, just curious how much weigh you lose each week and what menu/plan you are on.

notquittingthistime
08-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Great job - Barbiegrl7 and Jodi!!! Way to go.

PianoGirl78
08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Congrats to all the losers so far this week! I weighed in on Monday and lost a pound, and weighed in this morning and lost 1.5 pounds. The scale is definitely moving in the direction I want! :) It is amazing that once you stick to the plan, the cravings for fatty and sweet foods diminish!

sonnyrae
08-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Horrified at WI today. I officially gained 4 lbs over vacation. I hope that most of it is still bloat/water weight and will easily come off. I am giving myself until Tuesday to get back to 180. If that doesn't happen, I'm going to try MetaQuick (although that is a last resort).

rachels77
08-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Hang in there, Sonnyrae - I did the same thing with vacation. It's easy to fall back into that "oh, it won't hurt to just have ..... once" vibe. But, you're on the right track. You're back on plan and know where you are going! Chin up and keep moving forward!

skelley331
08-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Hello,

I've been reading all your posts and they are so inspiring that i would like to join in. I started on the MRC program July 16th and i'm down 13.5 lbs, i go weigh in tomorrow so i'm hoping to be down a few more pounds!! I love this program, I feel great and i can't believe my cravings are gone! I'm on the green menu and hope to hit my goal 11/13/12! Thanks for sharing all your stories!

:carrot:

cmarty
08-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Welcome aboard Skelly,
I started a couple of weeks after you. We are around the same weight and height.Congratulations on your weight loss.:carrot:.I am really liking the program, too. I am due for a weigh in tomorrow. Then, I will start the green menu. I was not crazy about the yellow and blue. I didn't seem to have much choice.

I came home from work today and the electricity was out. It had been out for several hours. I panicked because I was starving and I couldn't cook. I ran to the store and got a chicken already cooked... I desperately wanted a vegetable ....thanks goodness the electric was back and running when I got home . I love my oven baked okra! I survived that ordeal.
Now, this weekend I am going to a dinner theater with my mother in law...I dont how to stick to my diet this way ...I guess Ill eat before I go...or take a salad dressing in my pocketbook.
Can't wait to weigh in!! I feel like I have lost.
Skelley, did you lose much on yellow and blue menus?
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/cartoonblob01/lb/185.5/142/177/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

lovetofishandrun
08-16-2012, 10:02 PM
:dance:Going to stabilization meeting on 8/28

JodiH
08-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Congrats, Lovetofishandrun!!! I don't know how close I will have to be in order to start stabilization. I am kinda afraid to start before I at least reach my goal.

cmarty
08-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Congratulations love to fish and run!:carrot: How long did it take you to get there? I hope to meet you there soon:)

notquittingthistime
08-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Congrats lovetofishandrun.

notquittingthistime
08-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Heading in to WI. Hope I lose.

pam745
08-18-2012, 11:06 PM
:dance:Going to stabilization meeting on 8/28

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Went to WI yesterday and was down 2 lbs. I've switched over to the green menu. I can really tell a difference with my clothes. I had to buy a new pair of jeans last night in a smaller size! :)

hopemom
08-18-2012, 11:18 PM
First WI, down 2.5 pounds, 0.5 pounds to go before changing to the green menu:)

cmarty
08-19-2012, 02:13 PM
congrats not quitting this time,hopemom, and pam

I lost 4 pounds at this weeks weigh in. My pants are really getting loose.:carrot: I am very happy with this program. The only problem is , I cant look how far I have to go,,I just have to take it day ny day..just like everyone else!
:carrot::carrot::carrot:
:carrot: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/cartoonstar01/lb/185,5/142/173/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

bigdog
08-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Congratulations to all the losers!!!!
This plan really works.....protein rocks and carbs are the :devil: :)

lovetofishandrun
08-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Happy Monday all. Seems like everyone I saw this weekend was in a better mood due to cooler weather - it has been so hot and dry since end of May.

Thanks JodiH, notquittingthistime, cmarty and pam745. It took me right at 11 months to get to stabilization but I did not stay OP all of the time. Congrats to everyone that lost. Doesn't it feel great to have loose clothes!!! And I agree with bigdog - carbs are my trigger and they definitely are the :devil:

rachels77
08-20-2012, 02:22 PM
My trigger too! On my way to combating that horrible vacation/slippery slope eating!

Going to focus on trying one new recipe a week - trying to "shake things up" a little!

camaswa
08-20-2012, 03:38 PM
I took a fast ride down that slippey slope over the weekend. But it was just two (ok, three) days. Unfortunately there are leftovers, which I am going to have to throw out tonight or this is gonna go on and on. My husband will be mad,but I am going to throw out about 2 quarts of ice cream and several jars of sauces. (friends brought over for a gathering then left the rest) Ice cream is such a trigger - I really have a hard time stopping. I didn't get on the scale this morning but I will tomorrow, even though I expect to be up. I'm learning that there's a constant slight up and down depending on what I have eaten and how much water I have or haven't had.

I've been going up a pound or two most weekends then getting it off by the end of the next week. Course-correcting. I feel ok with that because I like to be flexible and social on the weekends now. I'm going to reset my goal back to the original 160 for now too. I had hoped for 155 but need to be stable and maintaining well by October. It's all good- progress, not perfection... Hang in there everyone!

nvogue
08-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I seem to have hit a plateau!! Can't seem to get out of the 200s and my body is holding on for dear life. I spoke with my counselor this morning and she recommended I eat fish, veggies and berries for the next three days to shake things up a bit, and eliminate the starches. I have been drinking 4-5 HNSs a day! I sure hope this works. Getting a little frustrated but staying encouraged!! :(

rachels77
08-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Hang in there, nvogue... plateaus are totally common (and frustrating!) Often, changing up your diet a bit does work. For me, steering clear of tomatoes and cheese for a few days does the trick. Also, if I eat tuna for a few lunches, I just feel better.

aw82797
08-20-2012, 10:29 PM
WI today & I am down another 4 lbs! got my 30# stone :)

rwquilts
08-21-2012, 08:09 AM
Angela - that's great! I'm hoping for my 30 lb stone today but it may not happen. I ran out of tuna a few days ago and I think it may have affected my weight. We'll see.

nvogue
08-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Angela - that's great! I'm hoping for my 30 lb stone today but it may not happen. I ran out of tuna a few days ago and I think it may have affected my weight. We'll see.

Rwquilts, I am looking for ideas for tuna for lunch when I need something quick. How do you prepare your tuna? I need to check the cookbook as well to see if there are some ideas in there?

Thanks..

rwquilts
08-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Angela, I just put it on a salad. The foil packs are 2.6oz, so I add 12 almonds or 1/2 oz of cheese to it. My favorite salad has 1/2 cup of blueberries also.

skelley331
08-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Has anyone or is anyone taking the MRC Fat and Carb blocker? If so do you find that they help?

skelley331
08-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Hi, i see we are about the same on the program, what part of georgia are you from? i have a good friend that lives in Auburn, GA. But to answer your question about the yellow/blue menu i didn't lose as much as i thought i would on the yellow/blue menu, i'm on the green right now, i started on 7/16/12 and as of 8/17/12 i've lost 12 lbs which doesn't seem much to me but she said im on track at 2.4lbs loss a week,i've lost 4.3% body fat and 11 inches, i just got the fat/carb blocker to try, we'll see how it goes.

notquittingthistime
08-21-2012, 03:20 PM
Great job aw82797!!!!

barbiegrl7
08-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Well I go WI today, I'm expecting to be up a few pounds, it was a rough weekend. My 17 yr old decided she was grown and knew everything and that noone could tell her what to do anymore, so last Thursday she ran away from home. Luckily I guilted the girl she was with enough into telling us where she was on Saturday night. Ugh teenagers. I am still angry. I have worked fairly hard at not emotionally eating but this was just too much for my will power to withstand and I caved a little, well 3 chicken enchiladas and a piece of bacon little. So I wont be surprised at the scale today :dizzy:

cmarty
08-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Hey Skelley.
I live in southern Georgia. I started on July 28...as August 17 I had lost 12 pounds. I started the green menu on the 17th. Good luck! I'll keep in touch with you.

cmarty
08-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Barbiegirl , They do grow up eventually..hang in there...Jump back on the wagon...we all fall out sometimes!

aw82797
08-21-2012, 09:47 PM
thanks everyone, I mainly eat chicken cause tuna is so dry and I don't really know what to do with it lol

notquittingthistime
08-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Barbiegirl - I know what you are going thru. When mine was 18,(still in school though) she decided she knew what was best for her. Took off to Texas(we are in Tennessee). Without her cell phone. Thought I was gonna die. They do eventually get better. My daughter is almost 21 now. Try and get back on track. Hope things get better quickly.

rachels77
08-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Hugs, Barbiegirl - So sorry you are going through this. Hang in there and try to get the support to help you and your daughter... Use the resources available (including the support here) to help you stay on track. Don't beat yourself about the slip-ups. Try to eat on-plan as much as possible and get some rest and drink your water.

barbiegrl7
08-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks all for the support, I WI yesterday and was up 4 pounds, not really surprised but it made me more determined. had to drop my gym membership for right now but am getting the zumba dvds for home, my dd is doing better, come to find out she had been off meds (she is bipolar) for about a month so now her body is readjusting to being on them and she is starting to think a little clearer Praise the Lord, or I may have killed her!

notquitting - we are in TX and her plan was to go to CA, she had no cell phone, I was worried sick then I wanted to shake sense into her!

rwquilts
08-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Skelley331 - I bought the fat and carb blocker to take when I eat out. Don't know if it works or not but makes me feel better since I don't always know how my food is prepared. I found out after a month that you don't take fish oil with your meal if you take a F&CB, as it blocks the oils too. Wasted a bunch of fish oil, I did!

bigdog
08-22-2012, 11:26 PM
MIL's surgery went very well today and the doctor said he most likely got all the cancer out! yay! (bladder cancer) so the prayers worked and all is good...for today anyway :-) taking each day as it comes! i'm not very religious but did also ask to either get me a new boss or a new job...told him that my MIL was more important being family and all but if he had any good deeds to accomplish this month, it sure would be nice!
ate out twice (took FIL out to eat and then we were in and out of hospital checking on MIL) Greek salad for lunch, skipped the pita bread, and dinner at Olive Garden, salad and Seafood Brusco? tilapia, scallops, shrimp, mushrooms w/ spinach and broth...w/ small piece of bread. bought half home to have for dinner tomorrow.
is anyone eating whole wheat pasta for Maintenance? may try a very small portion to eat w/ left over seafood broth....

Hump day and two days till Friday, yippee yay!

lala32
08-23-2012, 12:17 AM
I'm 32 yrs old and mother of 2 rambunctious boys (15 & 5). I've never really been a "dieter" or one that's obsessed over my weight. I've always lead an active life and never watched what I ate. In the last couple of years i've put on 20 plus pounds. Within the last year, I started feeling way beyond my age. I had no energy, lazy, sickly, all in all I just felt unhealthy. I woke up one morning and decided I needed a change. For myself but most importantly for my boys. I started MRC in mid June. After my first appt., I felt very confident that this program would fit into my lifestyle and was easy enough for me to do. The promise of 3-5 lbs a week was what really sold me. :p. The first day I was given a sheet that listed the foods that I was able to eat. They also stressed that my water intake must increase. (That was a huge change for me. I never drank plain old water.) At my first WI I lost 1lb. This was also the 1st class I attended. They thoroughly explained the whole process of weight loss via their program. It all made perfect sense. I felt even more confident when I left that day. It has been somewhat of a struggle for me to stick with program. Primarily because it is the summer months. I haven't lost the 3-5 lbs a week. However, I do feel like a different person. More energy, alot healthier, a lot more active than ever. Personally, I am very satisfied with that. I know that I have a lot of weight in numbers to lose. I am not discouraged by the numbers. I know that it takes a lot of will power and life changes to lose weight. I want to do it at my own pace. I feel that if I can just continue to lose 1-2 lbs a week, I will get to my goal weight in a healthy way as well as staying true to what I know I am capable of continuing. If anyone has any pointers, I'd love to hear them.

jlpnebraska
08-23-2012, 12:12 PM
I've read that others have found supplements similar to Cortitrim and Phentratrim through other places/sites. Can anyone tell me the names of these supplements and where to find them, please? I purchased one round of the Big 3 through MRC and felt like they were break the bank expensive, so I'm not willing to purchase them there again. However, I think that they might have worked, so I would like to find a cheap alternative.

camaswa
08-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Lala: Why yes, I have a pointer for you: keep your head exactly where it is now! You have a great, realistic attitude! You will make it!

sonnyrae
08-24-2012, 01:07 PM
I've read that others have found supplements similar to Cortitrim and Phentratrim through other places/sites. Can anyone tell me the names of these supplements and where to find them, please? I purchased one round of the Big 3 through MRC and felt like they were break the bank expensive, so I'm not willing to purchase them there again. However, I think that they might have worked, so I would like to find a cheap alternative.

I would love this information too! I broke down and bought Fat and Carb Blockers. I've had so many events lately and can't control what I eat/drink so much when out. I don't know if they work either, but I'm down to 179.5 (I was 184 after vacation :() so I must be doing something right!

OFFICIALLY down 20 lbs!!!:carrot:

skelley331
08-24-2012, 02:19 PM
To: jlpnebraska&sonnyrae- My sister buys this from and it's comparable to:
MRC-6 [/B] ----WonderSlim KLB-5 Formula (180 ct)
Item #: WSKLB-5
WonderSlim KLB-5's carefully formulated blend of 5 natural ingredients complements your healthy diet while helping you trim unwanted inches.
Phenatrim : WonderSlim Zhi Shi Trim (150 Capsules)
Item #: WSZhiShiTrim
WonderSlim Zhi Shi Trim is an appetite suppressant designed to enhance weight loss, and increase your energy level. Lose weight fast with WonderSlim Zhi Shi Trim in combination with your diet plan. Ephedra free.
Cortitrim: Sustained Release Super Stress Complex (60 Tablets)
Item #: wlf3822
Super Stress Complex provides multiple benefits including increased energy and a reduction in stress and anxiety. This sustained release blend of vitamins and herbs releases nutrients often depleted by stress, as your body needs them throughout the day.
1 Bottle/60 Tablets
List Price: $22.84
Our Price: $15.99
Save: $6.85 (30%)

I hope this helps!! check out their website proteinshop.com

patzi
08-24-2012, 02:30 PM
BigDog..
You mention whole wheat pasta. If I eat it, I have 1/4 cup and watch my carbs the rest of the day, as grain puts weight on me real fast. Are you ready for this???? 1/2 cup will put weight on, but 1/4 cup does not, but such a small amount, I usually don't eat it. Tonight, I have turkey meatballs and turkey sausage in homemade spaghetti sauce in crockpot.. Hubby will have his heaping serving of pasta, and I will have myself a large Greek salad instead. Let me know if you try whole wheat pasta and how you do. I am very interested. I love pasta, too, but it does not like me back. LOL
Glad all turned out well with MIL.

Patzi

cmarty
08-24-2012, 08:38 PM
:carrot: Hey Ya'll... I m down 2 and half more pounds. How can I speed this weight lose up?...I wanna get on the fast track. Has anyone found the perfect exercise to speed it up? Or should I eat more fish?
I only take MRC6...I have lost 15 pounds total in 26 days...I would really like to lose at least 3 to 4 pounds a week. Is this possible?

nvogue
08-24-2012, 09:57 PM
I ventured out and bought the Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel protein powder today, but I find that it lacks the flavor like the HNSs. Has anyone else experienced this. It seemed weak to me. Any suggestions?

jlpnebraska
08-25-2012, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the information, skelley. I will check out that web site. Have you tried those products yourself?

nvogue - I got a sample pack of the 14 Syntrax Nectar flavors and I wasn't too wild about any of them. I prefer the HNSs too over the Syntrax. I also like the Proti Diet pink lemonade and if you buy the big canister, it's less than $1 per serving. That's the cheapest I've found.

pam745
08-25-2012, 09:30 AM
Wow, what a crazy week! School started back and my husband came home from a 6 month deployment to Afghanistan!! I knew with everything going on I would need to plan ahead for meals to stay OP. That seems to be the key for me. It's so much easier when I know what I am going to do. At WI yesterday I was down to 198! Finally under 200!

bigdog
08-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Patzi

Since I had thrown out all the pasta and rice I didn't have any. :) I ended up eating the left over seafood broth with Town house flat bread crisps (sea salt and olive oil) 8 crackers are 70 cal and 11 g carbs. They also have Italian herb

I can have 4 crackers w cheese for a snack - great w apple slices too!! And get my "crunch" in without going overboard ;)

I've never really cared for pasta, thank goodness!! Anytime ive eaten it. Feel like a slug and tired

But I do love crackers and crusty bread so have to limit those big time

bigdog
08-25-2012, 10:55 AM
For the Syntrax powders my favorites are the vanilla bean torte, chocolate truffle and cappuccino. I use my mini blender and mix w ice and water always and sometimes frozen fruit. I also use a full scoop and aim for 3 or 4 a day. Doesn't hurt me with the extra protein. - I need that :). It was the carbs that put the weight on. The vanilla is so good w frozen strawberries!!!

You can also add diet soda too if you feel like they are weak. The diet orange is excellent with the vanilla and tastes like a dreamcicle. Diet dr pepper w the chocolate tastes like an ice cream float...
The protidiet pink lemonade is also my fave!! I didn't care for the Syntrax lemonade and had to mix w diet lemon lime soda.

aw82797
08-25-2012, 07:04 PM
. I also like the Proti Diet pink lemonade and if you buy the big canister, it's less than $1 per serving. That's the cheapest I've found.

does this taste similar to the HNS pink lemonade? its my favorite and would love to find a cheaper alternative

aw82797
08-25-2012, 07:16 PM
For the Syntrax powders my favorites are the vanilla bean torte, chocolate truffle and cappuccino. I use my mini blender and mix w ice and water always and sometimes frozen fruit. I also use a full scoop and aim for 3 or 4 a day. Doesn't hurt me with the extra protein. - I need that :). It was the carbs that put the weight on. The vanilla is so good w frozen strawberries!!!

You can also add diet soda too if you feel like they are weak. The diet orange is excellent with the vanilla and tastes like a dreamcicle. Diet dr pepper w the chocolate tastes like an ice cream float...
The protidiet pink lemonade is also my fave!! I didn't care for the Syntrax lemonade and had to mix w diet lemon lime soda.

where do you buy your syntrax powders, Is around $32 for the 2lb tub a good price?

rwquilts
08-25-2012, 11:01 PM
where do you buy your syntrax powders, Is around $32 for the 2lb tub a good price?

And do you use more than one serving? I received my 14 package sampler in the mail today and it says that 1/4 package is a serving. So do I mix 4 drinks at one time?

bigdog
08-26-2012, 12:03 PM

that is a good price. i pay $34.99 from Diet Direct. i use a full scoop from the 2 lb. jar. if you got the individual packages, use the entire package and mix with 8 oz water. i have some of the indiv. pkgs too and it is funny that it says 4 servings per pkg. says if you use 1/4 pkg, mix w/ 2 oz water. if you want it to be exactly equal to a HNS serving, use 3/4 serving to be closer to the 70 cal. for me, i always need more protein and the extra 30 cal. of protein hasn't made me gain.. actually the more Syntrax drinks i have a day, the more i lose :-)

bigdog
08-26-2012, 12:14 PM
The Protidiet Pink Lemonade is on sale at Diet Direct for $26 - it is so good!!! tastes even better than real pink lemonade! read on the board posts that for some people, the bars cause constipation.... i get the Chocolite Sugar Free protein bars (1.29 each) and they actually help keep you regular :-) TMI! the cookies and cream, chocolate turtle are very good... i like them becuz they are less calories 115 to 120, 17 carbs, 9 -10 g. protein. i try to limit myself to 1/2 a day but i do have them in my car if i miss lunch and eat a whole one. much better than fast food! for those on maintenance the Chocolite bars (not a lot of protein) (there are two different kinds, protein and the non protein on Diet Direct website) but only 35 cal. per serving. the Turtles are just like real chocolate turtle candy... they are small but so good and great if you need a choc. fix without the guilt and calories. and something in them to keep you regular LOL!

hopemom
08-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Just started the Green Menu.. So happy, it was a struggle eating 6 oz. of protein.

tamarainopks
08-27-2012, 02:08 PM
I start the blue menu tomorrow....any suggestions ?

skelley331
08-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Okay i've been on the program for 7 wks down and i've lost 12.5 lbs 11inches,
i'm on the green menu, i've been doing so good but the last week i've really struggled with sugar cravings and cravings for chips. When i started pre-conditioning and did the yellow and blue menu's i had no cravings but seems like after being on the green menu a few weeks i'm not full and i'm feeling hungry between meals, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

aw82797
08-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Had WI today & was down another pound, was also measured & I've lost 20 inches in the last 4 weeks! Im so excited!

rwquilts
08-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Skelley331 - when I get hungry between meals I try to just have another glass of water or an HNS. I just said to my husband at lunch today that I was fill before I finished eating. I guess it's because it takes so long to chew those 8 oz if veggies.

skelley331
08-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks i'll try that, i drink a ton of water daily, maybe it's just boredom?:carrot:

cmarty
08-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Hey Skelly.

I have been drinking an extra protein drink with my evening meal. See if that works! I know I have got to start drinking more water!

Hey Ya'll, I've lost 18 inches! :carrot:

pam745
08-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Okay i've been on the program for 7 wks down and i've lost 12.5 lbs 11inches,
i'm on the green menu, i've been doing so good but the last week i've really struggled with sugar cravings and cravings for chips. When i started pre-conditioning and did the yellow and blue menu's i had no cravings but seems like after being on the green menu a few weeks i'm not full and i'm feeling hungry between meals, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

I feel the same way. I've been on green almost 2 weeks and I'm having cravings too. I miss that 5th HNS too. My counselor said I could add in a 5th HNS once or twice a week if I needed to.

skelley331
08-28-2012, 10:17 PM
I feel the same way. I've been on green almost 2 weeks and I'm having cravings too. I miss that 5th HNS too. My counselor said I could add in a 5th HNS once or twice a week if I needed to.

My counselor told me i couldn't do 5 HNS, I don't understand why the cravings are back, i did awesome on pre-conditioning, menu 1-4 and 5-10 but seems like since i've been on the green menu i'm still hungry. I go friday to weigh in i hope I haven't gained, i've cheated a couple of times these last two days. Hopefully they can get me back on track or i can get myself back on plan.

skelley331
08-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Hey Skelly.

I have been drinking an extra protein drink with my evening meal. See if that works! I know I have got to start drinking more water!

Hey Ya'll, I've lost 18 inches! :carrot:

congrats on your loss! Great job:)

jlpnebraska
08-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Angela - The Proti Diet pink lemonade tastes better than the MRC HNS in my opinion. I buy the big canisters of it at Nutmeg State Nutrition (online) for $19. I also purchase protein bars from them and have tried puddings and shakes. If you like mocha things, try the Diet Protein To Go Mocha Pudding & Shake Mix. It really satisfies my cravings for a frozen mocha drink from Dairy Queen.

I agree with the suggestions to add another HNS if you are craving sweets or snacks. It doesn't always help - there were lots of times that I had to leave the house so that I didn't eat something - but we all just do what we have to do! Good luck!

I went to www.proteinshop.com to look for supplements similar to CortiTrim and Phentratrim and also just googled the ingredients. I found several products that were basically the same as what MRC sells, and many were much cheaper. You can also find things at evitamins.com. I'm almost out of CortiTrim and Phentratrim and have already run out of MRC-6. I'm thinking of just taking green tea extract next. Any suggestions or ideas?

lovetofishandrun
08-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Well, I walked the red carpet into Stabilization Party last night. I was so impressed by the stories the other stabilizers - one lady lost 85 lbs. and 113 inches -she had to loop her ribbon along the wall so it didn't puddled on the floor! Hope everyone has a great rest of the week and all of you in the path of Isaac - stay safe.

cmarty
08-29-2012, 10:01 PM
I have a weigh in Friday. I started working out with weights this week. Does anyone know if this will affect my weight loss?. If it does I'll try not to be disappointed...I did stick to my diet!

bigdog
08-29-2012, 10:13 PM
Angela - The Proti Diet pink lemonade tastes better than the MRC HNS in my opinion. I buy the big canisters of it at Nutmeg State Nutrition (online) for $19. I also purchase protein bars from them and have tried puddings and shakes. If you like mocha things, try the Diet Protein To Go Mocha Pudding & Shake Mix. It really satisfies my cravings for a frozen mocha drink from Dairy Queen.

I agree with the suggestions to add another HNS if you are craving sweets or snacks. It doesn't always help - there were lots of times that I had to leave the house so that I didn't eat something - but we all just do what we have to do! Good luck!

I went to www.proteinshop.com to look for supplements similar to CortiTrim and Phentratrim and also just googled the ingredients. I found several products that were basically the same as what MRC sells, and many were much cheaper. You can also find things at evitamins.com. I'm almost out of CortiTrim and Phentratrim and have already run out of MRC-6. I'm thinking of just taking green tea extract next. Any suggestions or ideas?

great price on the pink lemonade! i love it! i paid $26 at Diet Direct...i'll have to check out your site!

bigdog
08-29-2012, 10:15 PM
Skelley331 - when I get hungry between meals I try to just have another glass of water or an HNS. I just said to my husband at lunch today that I was fill before I finished eating. I guess it's because it takes so long to chew those 8 oz if veggies.

i fell asleep one time eating those dang 8 oz veggies! haha

joanie830
08-31-2012, 12:11 AM
I got back on the wagon on my own on the 15th and I've lost 8 pounds since then. I'm going back to MRC tomorrow to sign up again. I wanted to make sure that I had my head in it before I joined back up. I'm feeling pretty pumped!!

PianoGirl78
08-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Hi all! I hope everyone has had a good week. I am moving next Saturday, so I have been commuting 2 hours back and forth for grad school. This week, I stayed in a hotel for 4 nights. I prepared chicken breast and quinoa which lasted me for 3 nights. I brought bars, cheese, and ate eggs and fruit provided from the hotel in the mornings. My preparation worked! I went in for weigh-in today and lost 3.5 pounds! I love that this plan is working...I'm excited to see where I will be in a month from now.

cmarty
08-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Lost 2 more pounds..it is slow but sure!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/cartoonblob01/lb/185.5/142/169/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

desp2lose
08-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Hey all! I'm new here and wanted to ask a few questions. First of all, the fruit and veggie drink was mentioned. Can that be used as a substitute for veggies? Secondly, I am on day 9 of this diet on the metabalance plan and am finding it very difficult. I am not a veggie eater so I am choking down what I can but I don't know how long I can do that. I'm already getting bored with what I'm eating. So my question is, does it get easier?

skelley331
08-31-2012, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=cmarty;4454273]Lost 2 more pounds..it is slow but sure!

Awesome, congrats! I weighed in this morning, didn't lose but didn't gain either, my advisor went over my food journal and i guess i'm not eating enough protein so i'm hoping this helps with my cravings i've been having lately:carrot:

skelley331
08-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi all! I hope everyone has had a good week. I am moving next Saturday, so I have been commuting 2 hours back and forth for grad school. This week, I stayed in a hotel for 4 nights. I prepared chicken breast and quinoa which lasted me for 3 nights. I brought bars, cheese, and ate eggs and fruit provided from the hotel in the mornings. My preparation worked! I went in for weigh-in today and lost 3.5 pounds! I love that this plan is working...I'm excited to see where I will be in a month from now.

Nice Job, congratulations!:)

skelley331
08-31-2012, 10:23 PM
:)I got back on the wagon on my own on the 15th and I've lost 8 pounds since then. I'm going back to MRC tomorrow to sign up again. I wanted to make sure that I had my head in it before I joined back up. I'm feeling pretty pumped!!

Good for you, i know it's hard sometimes but we all have to focus and get back on track, I'm doing that now! :)

desp2lose
08-31-2012, 10:47 PM

I would like this information also! Thanks for asking. Great question.

cmarty
09-01-2012, 07:56 PM
Skelly,
You have a beautiful family!:)

skelley331
09-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Skelly,
You have a beautiful family!:)

Oh thank you very much, i do have a wonderful family!

skelley331
09-01-2012, 10:08 PM
How many lbs did you lose doing the Pre-Conditioning for MRC?

cmarty
09-02-2012, 08:42 AM
I lost 8 pounds during preconditioning.

I am only taking MRC6. I don't think I am going to take anything else. I may try something similiar to cortatrim through the health food store. What do you all think? Are the other supplements worth it?
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-chicks/cartoonblob01/lb/185.5/142/169/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

cmarty
09-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Hey, This to so funny to me. When I went to church today a girl I know comes up and says...I love your dress...I need to buy one of those fat girl dresses that make you look so good...I need something to make my stomach look smaller too. I didn't say anything...but I wanted to say..when you lose 16 1/2 pounds your dresses automactically look better..I will consider this a compliment...and I will keep on the program so one day someone will notice Ive lost weight.:carrot:
The only person who has really noticed is my son...
I'm going to hug the first non relative person who notices!
I'm going to keep on keepin on...because I notice!

skelley331
09-02-2012, 05:58 PM
[QUOTE=cmarty;4455470]I lost 8 pounds during preconditioning.

I am only taking MRC6. I don't think I am going to take anything else. I may try something similiar to cortatrim through the health food store. What do you all think? Are the other supplements worth it?

I think i lost 2.5 lbs and i did the pre conditioning for 3 wks. I take MRC6, cortitrim, EFA, fish oil, total woman multivitamin. I do like the cortitrim it seems to help my stress levels. I do four HNS a day, it's getting so expensive, i've only lost 12 lbs since 7/16/12 and spent almost $1000 so far! I have 2 1/2 months to reach my goal.

cmarty
09-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Skelley,

I was used to drinking sweet tea and coffee. I also ate lots of salt. I never drank water. I think alot of that was just pure water. I take fish oil, vitamins, calicum mag, and B12. I got all of these from the health food store.
We were only allowed to stay on preconditioning one week.

rwquilts
09-03-2012, 10:15 AM
I think I lost 5 lbs in pre-conditioning. I can't afford all the extra supplements from them and am taking my own multi-vitamin, fish oil, calcium and potassium. I drink 3-4 a day. I ordered a sampler pack from Syntax and have enjoyed some of the new flavors. I am now down to an average of 3 lbs per week and hope I can boost my metabolism a bit so I don't drop my average any more. It seems like the last 20 are much slower than the first.

skelley331
09-03-2012, 01:13 PM
I'm really struggling, I don't know if I can continue the MRC program! I have 11 more weeks, i've been stuck at my current weight for 3 wks and i can't seem to jump start the weight loss again, i don't really want to start over but I'm thinking maybe doing the menu 1-4 and see if that helps. Any thoughts!!

skelley331
09-03-2012, 01:14 PM
I think I lost 5 lbs in pre-conditioning. I can't afford all the extra supplements from them and am taking my own multi-vitamin, fish oil, calcium and potassium. I drink 3-4 a day. I ordered a sampler pack from Syntax and have enjoyed some of the new flavors. I am now down to an average of 3 lbs per week and hope I can boost my metabolism a bit so I don't drop my average any more. It seems like the last 20 are much slower than the first.

wow how do you average 3lb loss a week?

skelley331
09-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Skelley,

I was used to drinking sweet tea and coffee. I also ate lots of salt. I never drank water. I think alot of that was just pure water. I take fish oil, vitamins, calicum mag, and B12. I got all of these from the health food store.
We were only allowed to stay on preconditioning one week.

I didn't have a choice but to do the pre-conditioning for 3 wks because i couldn't get back to the center until then so they said i could do it for however long i wanted.