Exercise! - AUGUST RUNNING - baby we were born to run

lm3898
08-01-2012, 10:25 AM
Hello runners!

New month = new thread. I'll start us off.

I did one of my longer half marathon training runs last night. I hit 8.25 miles again which I felt good about but my pace overall was 9:11/mile [Hoping to be closer to 9/mile but oh well].

Glad I got it in as I was honestly dreading it. I love running & pushing myself but I hating feeling like I HAVE to run a certain distance so this might be my one and only half marathon - can't say for sure though I could become hooked like my mud runs!

devadiva
08-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Good Aug. everyone! Just got my 6 miles in did it an hour and 45 sec just couldn't speed it up,but am gaining on it! Its 8 am and 80 already. Have got 5 loaves of Zuchinni bread baked ,the dog walked 2 miles and my run in.....Ready for the rest of the day have to do errands in town 45 min drive away.
I just read about a 5k in our neighboring town on Sat....BUT it does not start until 9am you can tell none of them run. Its all out in the open sun and will be 85 plus by then. Not sure I will do it {they call it a fun run???Does not sound fun give me a 6am start now thats FUN!

Im: Thanks for taking on the thread, I know the have to run thing it more fun to do it cause you just WANNA! I think I would really like the mud run thing too.

HealthyMeWannabe
08-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Hi folks! May I join you? I am not really considered a runner yet but I want to be! I've attempted C25K a couple of times and find that I am doing better on my own rather than a regimented running program.

Even though I still have a LONG way to go in my weight loss journey, I can run 1/4 mile, which is an accomplishment for me. I's like to see if by the end of August I can run a mile. It's a mini goal I have in my head. Let's make it happen!

My office has a gym and I go upstairs on my lunch break and work out a few times a week. Todau I'm going up there and going to try to run 0.30 miles, which will me further than I've run before. I am looking forward to reaching my goal of running a mile by the end of the month! Then I'll work my way up to more! :)

philana
08-01-2012, 08:18 PM
After doing the half marathon sunday I am all into running again. But I will keep rest till atleast saturday before I run. Gonna go swimming tomorrow and cycling some.

Anyhow, It's been 2 and a half days since the run and even though I was not perfectly trained for it I have had only 1 day of serious muscle pain in my thighs, it's already way less and almost gone. I feel no other injuries. I am amazed at how fit my body is. Given that I did not run a year ago. Nor did I do any other exercise. Hihi.

So I was forsaking the running a bit because cycling is more fun, but after doing the HM I am all excited about the possibilites again. If I can run a HM in 2h30, I should be able to push myself enough to do 5k in 25mins. And 10k in 60mins. So those are my next goals. Improve in speed. And run another HM again in about a month or so.

DrivenByAmbition
08-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Ran two miles this morning.

HealthyMeWannabe
08-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Today at lunch break I ran 0.34 miles. That 0.04 more than yesterday, I am inching closer to that mile! :)

CherryPie99
08-02-2012, 07:53 PM
Good job, all! I did an easy 5 miler today to save my legs for the 10K on Saturday. It is supposed to be hot and humid, but it starts at 9 and I love the heat so hopefully it will go well!

lm3898
08-03-2012, 12:19 AM
Ran 4 miles tonight with a friend after lifting. Our average pace was eight minutes 30 seconds which wasn't bad as it's humid and hot. I feel like we pushed each other which was great but I'm used to running with music and I definitely missed that...

Good luck on your race cherry please tell us how you do!

Phil: I don't think you'll have any problem reaching those 5K and 10K times.

Good work healthy keep pushing!

Deva - I know how you feel about late a.m. runs! I had a 10k supposed to start at 8:30 and it was an hour delayed - I just sat there watching the heat index rise! So annoying.

Have a great night all!

defenestrator
08-03-2012, 07:41 AM
Good luck CherryPie!

I am running my first race longer than a 5k this weekend, a 5 mile trail race.

The only thing that might mess me up is that I have some residual soreness from a super-challenging backpacking trip that ended yesterday. We hiked 30 miles over 3 days with full packs over some really challenging terrain. Lots of rock climbing, lots of up and down, lots of uneven ground.

DrivenByAmbition
08-03-2012, 09:56 AM
Ran 3.2 miles this morning. Feeling amazing. When I get more comfortable running 3 miles, I'll up it a little bit.

devadiva
08-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Great job by everyone you all impress me and inspire me on...just a 3.6 this morn average time can't wait till it starts ccoling down this 80 with hummity at 7..730 in the morning kills me give me those 40 degree mornings... I just can't get up eary enough and get enough sleep. Its still dark at 5;30 and I run on dirt roads in the country {NO LIGHTS at all!}

defenestrator
08-04-2012, 03:33 PM
HealthyMeWannabe, I started getting really serious about running when I was around your weight. It is definitely possible to meet your goals! One thing that might help you is doing a little bit of interval training. That's the method that the couch to 5k program uses -- you start with small doses of running, then combine them. So for you it might mean running a tenth of a mile, then taking a break, then running another tenth, then break, etc. Do it 5 times and Voila! you've run a half a mile! Then the next week maybe you do it as two or three repeats of .2 miles.

The other thing that helped me was running for a bit but then continuing to walk for 2-3 miles afterwards, which I think helped build up my cardiovascular fitness.

I ran my 5 mile race today. My left calf was overworked from backpacking and cramped THE WHOLE RACE. But I learned that I can run through all that (though now I can barely walk). I met my time goal of being under an hour and placed 9th in my age group.

CherryPie99
08-04-2012, 07:50 PM
Congrats defenestrator - can't believe you ran the whole thing in pain!!

My 10K race was extremely hot and humid today. They had set up 7 water stations they were so worried about the heart.

Sooooo... that is my excuse for not coming in under my goal. I wanted to come in at under 52 and I was 52:27.

BUT - I was the NUMBER 2 FEMALE OVERALL!

It was admittedly a small race, but still!!

defenestrator
08-04-2012, 09:39 PM
CherryPie -- no kidding about the heat. it was 80 at my race today. There were only two water stations for a 5 mile race, which I think was not enough. Congrats on the high ranking finish!

One of my next goals is to do a 10k in less than an hour. It's hard to know how easy that will be. I think I'm slowed down pretty considerably by the heat and today's race was on a trail with a lot of hills. I wonder what a 65 degree morning and a flat road would mean for my times.

lm3898
08-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Awww cherry - your times are better than mine for a 10k and I think you are awesome but I know what it feels like to want a goal and be just outside of it...you're so close though you will get there!!

Deva - I'm with you, I can't wait for FALL and wonderful running temps!! I'd rather run in the pouring rain than heat/humidity.

I was supposed to wake up at 6:30 a.m. to get to a 5k race this morning that I had been looking forward to - hubby and I looked at each other & decided we really needed the zzzz. On the one hand I'm disappointed...with myself for sleeping in and in general b/c I did want to do the race but we did a 40 mile bike ride yesterday and honestly, sometimes you need to listen to your body...and mine was telling me to sleep so I did...

I did go to the gym when I woke up - I had a great workout - 70 minutes of circuits with a half mile warm up and cool down and 2 miles of uphill sprints [1/4 mile each time] in between circuits to kick my butt. So total of 3 miles plus lifting all in all happy but slightly bummed about missing the race...

devadiva
08-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Cherry: You rock that is AWESOME!!! and I still am in amazement of your weight loss almost 2/3 of your weight!You look fantastic I follow your blog
Defense:What part of the country do you live in? I am curious because myu hubby and I have always been hikers and backpackers...use to do long distanse in our youger years {he has a really bad knee now so mosly day hikes} We live in the Sierras but have hiked all over US

devadiva
08-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Sorry had to go..
Im: Does not sound like you were slacking...

As for me, Sat. weeded for 4 hours in an overgrown area of the yard in 100 degree heat.....my butt leggs and hands were so sore yesterday. We were headed on a hike but hubby got called in to work the woes of being the boss... by then it was too late {or hot ] TO RUN! So I just deep cleaned and did domestic things.
Today I bumped up my run to 7.2 miles not fast but did it was pretty sweatty by the time I got back felt good!

Enygirl
08-06-2012, 05:13 PM
I want to join in too. I've always sat in my ugly chair thinking, "I want to go for a run." However, I've never just done it. I need a good group to motivate me to keep me going. I've also attempted C25K a few times, but don't like the regiment.

So today... I'm doing it. By myself - for MYSELF! I'm still going to to do walk/run intervals, but definitely push myself.

HealthyMeWannabe
08-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Defenestrator - Thanks, and congrats on your run! :) Today I ran 0.4 miles on the office treadmill. It took me 6 minutes to do it, but I made it. Tomorrow I am shooting for 0.42 miles. I definitely am making progress! Honestly I never in my life thought I'd be able to run 0.4 miles a few months ago. I am proud of how far I've come but yet still have a long way to go. :running:

lm3898
08-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Did not want to work out tonight but those are days you really have to make it count so I ran 2.5 miles fast waiting for my kickboxing class to start.

Side note: I'd like to get everyone's opinion on compression socks for running. I finally got my first pair through a schwaggle running offer. A lot of people swear that they allow them to run longer, faster and really speed up recovery time specifically for long runs. I'm going to wear them tomorrow night when I try run a 10K and on Saturday when I try and hit nine or 10 miles depending on how the run goes, so I'll be sure to report back . Has anyone here used to them and, if so, what are your impressions?

defenestrator
08-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Devadiva -- I'm in Michigan. I've hiked mostly in Colorado, Appalachia, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and Ontario. My recent trip was to the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario.

We came very close to moving to the Sierra foothills, Nevada City.

lm3898
08-08-2012, 10:03 AM
Hello all! Did a hilly 10k last night in 54 minutes - really enjoyed it for the most part b/c the weather was actually great - not too hot.

I didn't wear the compression socks during my run but I did wear them for about 2 hours after. Now, it was only a 10k but I have to say [and maybe it's just psychological] my leg's feel GREAT today! I've run 2.5-6.25 miles every day the last three days straight and worked out the last 6 days straight and I could def. run today no problem so take that as you will I suppose.

I have a 9 mile training run Sat and if it's not too hot, I'm going to wear them during my run to see if there is any difference!

HealthyMeWannabe
08-09-2012, 06:50 AM
Yesterday I ran 0.47 miles. Today's the big one...half a mile! That means I will be halfway to my goal of being able to run a mile! :cheer:

HealthyMeWannabe
08-09-2012, 10:21 PM
I DID IT!!!!! :D

I ran 0.5 miles today! I am now halfway to a mile! I was exhausted afterward but I made it! :running: Now, to get myself the rest of the way toward that mile!

My husband called this my "Half Milestone." ;)

alaskanlaughter
08-09-2012, 11:09 PM
I DID IT!!!!! :D

I ran 0.5 miles today! I am now halfway to a mile! I was exhausted afterward but I made it! :running: Now, to get myself the rest of the way toward that mile!

My husband called this my "Half Milestone." ;)

:carrot::carrot: way to go!!! :carrot::carrot:

i run also but on a treadmill...running outside aggravates my knees and my asthma something fierce :( right now i'm working on intervals of 0.6 miles each to build endurance...i run two intervals of that and next week i'll run two intervals of 0.7 each...

defenestrator
08-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Good job, HealthyMeWannabe! It is so satisfying to reach those goals. I remember when I first ran longer than five minutes in a row and how huge that seemed at the time. It wasn't that long ago! (Last year sometime). Keep going and you will constantly be pleasantly surprised at what you can do.

I'm going on vacation this week, which should mean a lot of time for running. I'll be on a beach in northern Michigan.

I'm wondering about recovery after longer races. I am still feeling a little fatigued and weak in the legs after the combo of my 30 miles of rough hiking and my 5 mile trail race. The muscle pulls make sense to me, but the fatigue is catching me by surprise. Has anyone had to take time to recover after their first middle distance races? I knew that my half-marathon would knock me on my butt but I was not expecting this race to do it.

pinksparkles
08-12-2012, 12:51 AM
I'm new to the exercise board too-- but running is definitely my cardio of choice :D

I'm jealous to hear about everyone's races! I just got up to being able to run a 5K, but there seem to be NO upcoming races in my city. I live in a major city, too, so it's strange.. everything seems to be a 10K or marathons. Those aren't in my grasp at all.. yet. ;)

Major congrats on your achievement, HealthyMe, that's great!

lm3898
08-13-2012, 09:51 AM
Congrats Healthyme!

I went for a run on Saturday morning - I was hoping to get to 9 miles for my training but it did NOT go well sadly. It was 90% humidity by 8:45 when I left and I just couldn't do it. I stopped the first time at 3 miles and about 4 more times until I hit 7.5 miles - not good. It was just too much. I did wear the compression socks [a bit hot out for them though] and I did LOVE the way my lower legs felt so that's something...

devadiva
08-13-2012, 05:08 PM
Left Fri To Vegas for a Groc. Shopping trip. It was so HOT! 118!!!!! needless to say I did not run barely walked into stores. We ate and had fun. We left early Fri and got back Sun after noon by then it was hot here too! So did not run until this Am it was 78 at 6 am and 50% hummity {alot for here} Did 4 miles felt good but hope to do more on Wed, tomarro morn is a work day. Its starting to be dark in the mornings till 6.And running in the dirt feild is not something I can do in the dark!
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE we are making it through the heat of it WE MUST BE RUNNERS:}

lm3898
08-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Vegas? Nice Deva! I've never been but I hear good things.

Did just over a 10k last night around 7:30, still warm but there was a breeze and no more sun which was great. Did 9 min/miles and a bunch of hills. Can't wait until FALL!

devadiva
08-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Did 7.3 miles this am little over 10 min miles. I know it sounds slow but I think its OK its on dirt and I am 60 so I will be happy! I am able to run and do it in the heat. I know it sounds like I am not happy i keep ssing all of your times some are much heavier and I think WOW I am such a wimp!!! But NO you are just SUPERSTARS!!!!

CherryPie99
08-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi fellow runners!!

Sorry that I've been MIA! We went camping over the weekend and climbed Cascade and Porter Mountains - 2 high peaks of the Adirondacks. It was awesome.

I was a little sore in my calves from coming down the mountain - had to really watch my steps. So I went out to run yesterday - thought they might bother me, but ran 6 easily. Then I sat down for an hour and almost fell over when I went to stand up LOL.

Sounds like everyone is rocking it. It's already only getting into the 70's here - I hate it.

lm3898
08-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Deva - 7.3 miles at ANY age is incredibly impressive - don't sell yourself short - you are faster than people I know half your age!

Haha Cherry - I will say I'm sorry for you b/c I know you like the hot temps but I cannot wait for FALL...but for your sake, I hope it's hotter where you are. Good work hiking! I love a good hike.

Completed a 9 mile training run last night in 1hr, 21 min [9 min/mile]. This is officially the longest I have ever run and it was NOT easy - I def. didn't drink enough water and was DYING after my run. It made me wonder why the H I ever signed up for this half marathon!!! I'll get there though - I have about 6 weeks left of training.

Also - I have an issue [right foot only] - my middle toes & the padding right under gets really painful after 4-5 miles - I have to stop and massage it for a minute [toes almost feels numb during massaging] then the pain goes away for a few miles & comes back and cycle repeats...any ideas?

devadiva
08-18-2012, 01:25 AM
IM : I can't remember the name maybe a mortons neuroma{?} It a nerve that gets pinched they make these pads that you place in that area and it relieves pressure in that area. It gets aggravated and is really painful .. {I am a waitress think I have had EVERY foot thing there is!} Google it I think it will fit you symptons and give you some ideas for help.

As for me ran 8.1 today. Took me about the same as your 9 plus a couple min. seem to be 10;20 miles but not bad to keep it at that the whole time.
I kinda secretly thinking I will work up to a 1/2 in the SPRING just want to take it easy.NO INJURY

pinksparkles
08-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Went on a run on a newer route for me and completely fell off a curb. I had one of those toddler moments when they fall and you look, expecting them to cry, but they just calmly get back up and keep going..and that's exactly what I did, with a slightly red face after someone asked if I was okay. ;)

lm3898
08-18-2012, 05:45 PM
On vacation for the weekend but took it easy last night and made it out for a great 4 mile run this morning! Average of 8:40/mile. Now back to vacation....

Thanks Deva I'll look into that!

defenestrator
08-18-2012, 06:12 PM
I've been struggling with my calf injury for the past few weeks. I thought it was mostly better, but I went on vacation and made it mad skimboarding and then made it really mad playing tennis with my kids (thought I could just take it easy, but turns out I couldn't help running after the ball). I took a full four days off from running and no more pain, but I can still feel myself guarding it -- I'm almost running on the outside of my foot or with a stiff foot or something.

I'm a little worried that I'm bumping up against the edge of my physical abilities by preparing for a half in October. I don't want to get injured and not be able to run at all, but I know I need to push myself if I'm going to make it. It is a delicate balance. I'm used to being a swimmer where we would get tendonitis every once in a while but otherwise didn't get these kind of stress injuries.

Also struggling a little with the idea that my weight loss is slowing as my training ramps up. I don't know if I'm adding more muscle or if I am retaining more water, but I've hit a plateau. I figure I can just let it be what it is until the race is done, then refocus.

devadiva
08-19-2012, 12:58 PM
Ran 4 miles this am good time for me... Getting ready to take a trip to see grankiddies in WA state on Tues pm until the following Mon won't be running unless on pavement and {I don't do pavement} If I see somewhere near there place I can get a few miles in a track or something I am taking gear!
So lots of cleaning ect for hubby and dog I am flying up alone.
DEFENSTRATOR: if you can afford it try getting a deep tissue massage on you hips and legs, my running friend has had trouble with that, and some of the reading I have done its all tied to the IT band {yes the calves} but if you can get the massage it will work the knots out and settle it down. Then if you get a {hard} foam rollar and roll the IT band and the calves and keep them looser you should not have to slow your training {ask around to find a good sport deep tissue massage therapist.....it will really make a difference...THAT is what straighten out that problem with my ankles...feet. Also did you visit that area of Calif when you were thinking of moving there? I live on the east side of the sierras. But I grew up in Tahoe and my x husband lives in that area now have not seen him in almost 40 years! WOW where does time go!!!

devadiva
08-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Did 4 miles this morning, felt a bit tired but it was almost 80 this am at 6:30.
Gear is packed with everything else my son tells me mornings are foggy maybe I will find a place to run!

krampus
08-20-2012, 05:42 PM
A couple 5K runs in the past week under 30 minutes - woo!

Other than that I've been running on the treadmill most days between 1-2 miles' distance, practicing sprints. Being a nonsmoker is great from a running perspective - and every other perspective too!

lm3898
08-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Great workout last night! Did just under 15 miles of biking, then ran 3 miles straight from biking. My legs were protesting but I was so warmed up, I ran the 3 miles faster than usual - total of 23.5 minutes! I'll take it!!

How is everybody doing??

devadiva
08-24-2012, 10:12 AM
On my vacation ran in cool weather yeah, had to run in the neighborhoods so kept it to 30 min. Was not sure if I would get shin splints but all seems Ok today....If time allows will try to run again!
Where is everyone!!

lm3898
08-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Nice work Deva! I can only run in the neighborhood where I live.

Good job Krampus - and I'm seeing on your personal signature - did you finally kick the nicotine habit for good??? I'm going to be FIVE MONTHS quitting strong on Monday - went to a foot doc Wed. and that was the first time in 10 years I was able to check the NO box for smoking - I almost cried haha.

Ran 8 miles last night - was getting sick of my route so did a different one & loved it. Definitely helped that it was such a nice night with a breeze.

I went to a podiatrist regarding my foot on Wednesday. He did an x-ray & said all looked great [nothing broken or sprained] & I likely had inner swelling or whatnot. He gave me a cortisone shot & a foot pad. He said if the pad helps, we might do a custom orthodic. I used the pad last night and my earlier problems vanished [awesome!!] but it gave me a huge blister on the bottom of my foot[booo] so that curtailed my run. Would have liked to have hit 10 but [blister aside] I felt GREAT after 8 miles so I'll take it [overall 9:19/mile].

Let's get some updates runners!!

devadiva
08-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Ran for about 45 min found a nice route a little out in the country but the there was no shoulder and traffic started picking up. Did not have shin splints. yet yeah!

HealthyMeWannabe
08-26-2012, 12:03 AM
That's awesome Deva! :cheer:

I am up to running 0.6 miles. I was able to do that this week. Progress is slow but I am getting there and WILL reach my goal of being able to run a mile!

CherryPie99
08-26-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi all! I've been kind of quiet here. I had an absolutely terrible experience on what was supposed to be my long run last Sunday. I'm still not really ready to talk about it, but it was just horrible and extremely embarrassing and I have been actually fearful of running since that time. I'm sure some of you can guess what happened.

Anyway.... I did a couple of runs during the week and felt ok. Today I set out for a long run. It was quite hot and humid and I did 10 miles in 1:26. So I feel like I'm back on track.

In other news, I'm holding pretty steady at 119 pounds and I see my primary care doctor this week to see what my cholesterol and other numbers look like.

Happy running everyone!

lm3898
08-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Cherry I can't believe those times - 1:26 is totally awesome. As for the other thing, I'm so sorry that happened to you...but MAJOR props for getting out there again, especially so soon, and absolutely KILLING it.

Did a 4 mile mud-run obstacle course race on Saturday - I thought it would be longer but it was a good, hilly course. Wet too!!! With the obstacles, I finished in 43 min. which actually put me in the TOP FIVE finishers. Plus, today marks FIVE months since I quit smoking - big day for me haha.

Healthy - keep it up & you will hit that mile mark before you know it!!

lm3898
08-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Five miles of HILLY run last night but it felt great! 8:40/mile average. Anyone else??

AllisonR
08-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Hi everyone,

I've been running since May-ish. I started up again because a 5K charity run kicked my *** at 34 minutes. So since then, I've running regularly about 4-5 times a week for an hour or so. I usually run 9-12km, which is anywhere from 5-7 miles. On my really off days, I still try to get in 5km.

It seems that running is the only thing that REALLY works for my body. I was doing P90X for a long time, and it helped for a bit, but I've become a little bit more muscular and stodgy than I would like.

HealthyMeWannabe
08-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Well after taking a week off due to an ankle injury, I'm back to running. Today I managed 0.75 miles. I am so close to that mile!!!!! :running: I won't be there before the end of the month but it will be less than a week into September that I run that mile!

CherryPie99
08-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Did 6 miles at lunch today. Why is it that the first mile always sucks so bad?? I have my next 10K race a week from Saturday and based on what felt like a really good run today, I'm still not going to come in at under 52 minutes, darn it!

This next race there are going to be about 450 runners and walkers. I expect most people to run the 5K and fortunately it breaks off right at the beginning where the 10K racers do another course and then come around and do the 5K course so most of the 5K'ers will be done before I hit that part of the course.

Great job lm on the 8:40 pace! That's right about what I'm running!

Healthyme - you'll be running miles before you know it!! Trust me, I have been there done that!!

swanz
08-30-2012, 03:26 PM
I completed the C25K training this summer and have a week left in the 5K to 10K bridge program. But, man, is it normal to be so painfully slow? I'm running for an hour solid now and am getting only about 4 miles in. I'd kill for a ten minute mile! But instead, these 16-17 minute miles are killing me.
:(

CherryPie99
08-31-2012, 02:12 PM
Today was overcast and windy here. Did a 4 mile pseudo-tempo run at lunch today. I felt GREAT! Now I wish I had run further!

Splits were: 8:51, 8:13, 8:08 and 8:00.

Hope everyone else is having some great running!

devadiva
08-31-2012, 05:12 PM
Not feeling great this week guess kinda jet lag still have the bacteria thing on 4,000 milligrams of antiiotics a day YUCK! Anyways ran 4 slow miles today and my knee got hinky think it tight I T BAND have not stretch enough......

devadiva
09-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Ran 5 miles today woke to gun shots IT'S Dove hunting season.......so had to change my run dawned my day glow green and ran out in the open took an uphill route,looks like may need to do that from time to time!

CherryPie99
09-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Ran my longest run to date today - 11:25 miles. I can get to about 7 miles now before I start to get tired. It was a struggle to hit hit the 11, but I was determined. It would be easier if I could just pace myself, but I'm terrible with that. Average of 8:33 MM.