Fitness Videos - 30 Day Shred in August anyone?

View Full Version : 30 Day Shred in August anyone?

caramelkitty
07-31-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm going to an all inclusive beach resort vacation in September, and I'm close to my goal weight, but I need the goal toned body to go with it. So, starting tomorrow, August 1st, I'm taking on Jillian's 30 day Shred.

I'm curious to see who else wants to join and maybe we can have some sort of a challenge going on.

I'm really looking to tone up and I know that the video delivers results. I just gotta promise to stick to it for the 30 days.

I'm gonna weigh in and measure 4 times during the month.

Once tomorrow, once after the first 10 days, and so on until the 30 days are done.

I hope some of you will join and we can make it a little more fun :carrot:

littlebumblebee
08-01-2012, 11:58 AM
I have done the 30 days shred and it worked. I didn't stick to it, but I want to do it again and stick to it until I reach my goal.

Count me in.

GemGem1
08-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I've just started it too! I took my measurements yesterday and I'll be measuring myself every 10 days. I'd love to join in with you :):carrot:

I want to get to my target weight in the next 30 days, I'm hoping i'll be able to lose 13lbs in that time and lose at least 3 inches from my hips :)

littlebumblebee
08-01-2012, 03:25 PM
My starting measurements

37" waist
My goal is 26 inch waist.

GemGem1
08-01-2012, 05:57 PM
I currently have a 32'' waist, aiming for 29''
42'' hips target 39''

caramelkitty
08-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Okay I'm in, I weighed in and measured this morning, and did my first workout. I'm excited for this!! last time I did it I only lasted about 13 days but noticed a significant difference. I'll have to stick to it this time!

Weight: 139.8
Chest: 36"
Waist: 27"
Hips: 36"

Let's do this!!! :carrot:

GemGem1
08-02-2012, 06:45 AM
Just did Level 1, I did it all the way through, but stopped halfway for 2 mins to drink a gallon of water! I realise how unfit I am, it was NOT pretty.

Here are my full measurements that I did yesterday:

Calves 15''
Knees 17''
Thighs 24''
Hips (widest part of my body) 42''
Waist 32''
Chest 34''
Upper arms 11.5''

Current body fat% = 27.5% TARGET = 25%

I'm wondering if you guys have any of Jillian's other DVDs? I bought 5 all together last week as they were so cheap on Amazon. I have 30DS, Ripped in 30, Extreme Shed and Shred, Killer buns and thighs and 6 week 6 pack. I'll probably do one a month in that order. Then I'm hoping to get Brazil Butt Lift and ChaLEAN

littlebumblebee
08-02-2012, 11:43 AM
I have 4 of Jillian's dvd's.

1. 6 week abs, which I have not been done a full 6 weeks yet.
But that is one of my goals is to do the entire 6 weeks.

2. Ripped in 30
3.30 day shred
4. Killer buns and thighs

I have tried them all, and they work. This time I am focusing on diet and
exercise. The first time I did 30 day shred I lose 15 pounds in 3 weeks.
So, it works. I want to eventually use all of the dvd's and hopefully reach my goal weight and measurements.

GemGem1
08-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks Littlebumblebee. You said this time you're focusing on diet aswell, and I'm just wondering if when you lost 15lbs last time you did 30DS did you do anything else or just the workout?

I'm walking but I've just ordered a Zumba Kinect game and I was thinking I could do this for 30 minutes a day too. I just feel like I'm not doing enough with just 27 mins a day.

I'm also on a low calorie diet which I've been doing for about a month and I've only lost 4lbs without the exercise, so I hope this will boost my Weight loss. Just about to do Level 1 Day 2!

:)

littlebumblebee
08-03-2012, 06:04 PM
GemGem1
I also did 20 minutes of pilates. And I exercised the entire 30 days without taking a break. This month I plan to take breaks.
Are you counting calories?

I am counting calories, and I added in pilates.
I try to exercise for at least 50 minutes each day that I do exercise.

GemGem1
08-05-2012, 08:44 AM
I am counting calories, I'm aim for 1300 - 1400 a day, mostly I have the upper limit, for my weight and height my BMR is 1395 so that would be why I'm only losing half to 1lb a week.

I'm really focusing on the things I eat too so eating lots of whole foods and trying to limit processed foods as much as possible. I've also started eating a small serving of almonds and cashews a day and making sure half my plate is filled with salad/veg.

These 30 days are just the start of what I imagine will be a very long journey to my goal weight. But I don't really care how long it takes, this is a lifestyle change and not a quick-fix diet.:D

littlebumblebee
08-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I measured today and my waist has decreased from
37 inches to 35 inches!

GemGem1
Losing 1 pound a week is great. As long as you are losing, you will reach your goal. How many days are you using 30 day Shred?

GemGem1
08-06-2012, 03:07 AM
I measured today and my waist has decreased from
37 inches to 35 inches!

GemGem1
Losing 1 pound a week is great. As long as you are losing, you will reach your goal. How many days are you using 30 day Shred?

Well done great results already! :D

I'm hoping to do 30 day shred for as long as it takes to become an 'easy' workout, but i'm having to supplement the workout with running and zumba as literally the day after I do it my muscles kill and its just too painful to do the workout the next day. But the way I see it as long as I'm doing something everyday I should still see results. I weighed myself this morning (very naughty, I know) and I'm down to 145.8 from 146.6 so over half a lb in 5 days! I havent been 145 for over a year so i'm very happy!

littlebumblebee
08-06-2012, 11:44 AM
GemGem1

Congratulations on the weight loss! That is awesome.
And you are right, as long as you exercise and eat right you will see results.
How many days a week are you exercising?

I exercise 5 days a week.

caramelkitty
08-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Im trying to do Jillian at least 6 times a day,
I still only eat 1200 calories, that's what worked best for me.

I have 30 Day Shred and figured in September I'd do Ripped in 30 until I go on vacay. I should be toned enough lolol

She really is crazy!!! I swear her out every workout and it's hard but it's so worth it. On My fitness pal, there's a thread where people have posted all their result pics.

If that's not motivation, I don't know what is!

littlebumblebee
08-07-2012, 05:57 PM
caramelkitty

Jillian's dvd's really work. They are hard, they kick my butt, and
I sweat a lot, and it is worth it. I plan to stick with my plan until I reach my goal weight, and once I reach goal I want to maintain with regular workouts,
but without pushing myself as hard as I am now.

caramelkitty
08-07-2012, 10:24 PM
littlebumblebee - I completely agree!!! I am skipping it today but only because I did 1h bootcamp followed by 45 minutes of spinning.

If I could sleep until next month, I would. LOL

littlebumblebee
08-08-2012, 04:03 PM
caramelkitty
What kind of bootcamp are you doing?

I dread exercising, but after I finish my workout I feel strong and healthy.

GemGem1
08-09-2012, 02:51 PM
Your both very dedicated!!

, I'm sure you'll get great results, looking forward to updating my measurements tomorrow. Have either of you gone up to level two, I'm doing level 1 still, I still ache the day after I've done the workout. Hoping to go up to level 2 on day 14 :)

DixieWhiskey
08-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi there everyone!

I'm on D8 of L1 (but have been doing L2 on some days).

I started D1 @
184 lbs
38" Waist
44" Hips
16" Neck
15" Arms

As of D8 @
183.5 lbs
36" Waist
43" Hips
14" Neck
14" Arms
26" Thighs (forgot to measure thighs before)

I have a photo to post for inspiration if anyone wants to see.. not sure if its a photo thread too :P

littlebumblebee
08-09-2012, 06:01 PM
GemGem1
Since I have done the 30 day shred before, I start on level 2.
Level 2 is my favorite. And it gives me a better workout than level 3.
And it feels like level 2 is eaiser for me than level one.
When I did level one, my legs would ache for days.

DixieWhiskey
Welcome!
You are doing great, with weightloss and losing inches.
If you like you can post your picture.
We are here to be supportive of one another.

DixieWhiskey
08-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome, littlebumblebee!

Level 2 is tricky for me because of the walking planks but so much more enjoyable than Level 1.

I really want to post a photo but I don't have enough posts yet. :)

littlebumblebee
08-10-2012, 12:01 PM
DixieWhiskey
You will be able to post your pictures soon.

The last time I did 30 day shred, one of the things I liked the best, was how toned my back was. It is a good way to start the morning, even if I do seem to sweat a lot afterwards.

caramelkitty
08-10-2012, 05:35 PM
littlebumblebee Hey I'm doing an intense bootcamp at a local gym with a friend of mine once a week for an hour, followed by 45 minutes of spinning, my legs are jello when I walk out lol I really hate working out, but once it's done, I just walk around with my head up like a boss lol

GemGem I went to level 2 a few months ago and gave up mid-way, I think by day 14 I'll be proud of myself for continuing, right now it's a power struggle with my will power lol

DixieWhiskey Amazing results!!!!! Please post anything you want! :) Anything that can motivate us is always welcome!!! Keep pushing you're doing great so far!

---

I did L1D7 today. I'm litterally loving every minute of the workout, and I know there are great results to come, so that makes me excited!!

My fiance took a look at my stomach and said WOW some crazy things seem to be happening here!! (there's sort of 2 cute little lines along the top of where my abs should be once they decide to come out from under the fat :lol: )

I'm looking forward to level 2 and 3. At day 10, 20 and 30 I'll take pics and post them side by side once I'm done. Hopefully the results will be noticeable !!

I've been gaining some weight on this workout plan but I assume it's water retention from sore muscles so I'm brushing it off. I do feel good in my clothes so it's nothing to worry about :)

I took a picture right after my workout this afternoon because my arms looked like they were getting ripped.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m259/mizz_pimpetta/IMG037.jpg

littlebumblebee
08-12-2012, 01:11 AM
carmelkitty!
Wow you look great!
I have a new exercise outfit similar to yours, that I brought 3 sizes too small that I am looking forward to getting into, within the next couple of months.
You are probably retaining water. When I add in weights to my exercise, the next day I have gained weight and I know it is due to water retention. And within a couple of days I lose the water weight and more weight.

I know what you mean about having jello legs after working out. After doing Jillian's dvd's my legs always feel shaky, but I keep going back for more.

caramelkitty
08-12-2012, 01:38 AM
It really does motivate to keep going!

I'm sure you'll fit in your outfits much sooner than anticipated :)

I just bought workout tight shorts that ill eventually work up to wear at bootcamp or yoga lol soon enough :)

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's workout. I'm starting level 2 Tuesday. Yay!

Lauracore
08-12-2012, 09:53 AM
I love the 30ds! I'm currently on day 8 of level 2 (18 days total) and everyday Jillian kicks my ***! So I'd love to jump in with you all! ;)

I really do recommend taking measurements because I have been feeling really discouraged at the numbers on the scale. I do the 30ds everyday, and alternate between running and walking 3 miles every other day. I am training for a 5k in September and I have really seen a boost in my endurance but no difference in my body. However, I do have a really hard time seeing the difference in my own before and after pics. I took measurements 15 days in and hopefully in 12 days I'll be able to post some results!

Anyway, I am hoping to finish the shred this month, take a few days rest break then start it again trying to do all the moves like Nat with slightly heavier weights. I think I might do 5 days at each level 2 times for the 30 days, just to vary things a bit more.

Not only do I have the 5k in September, but my Sister-out-Law is getting married in the California redlands in October. I would realllllllyy love to have a smashing dress and actually get myself in a bathing suit at the hotel without feeling like a washed up whale. :dizzy:

Good luck everyone!

GemGem1
08-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Hey Guys!

You're all doing so much better than me, I'm still struggling with my calories, I need to really tighten up on my eating, trying to stick to less than 1300. I'm still on level 1, and although its day 12 today I havent done the workout every day. I think I'm going to do level 1 for the next 3 days in a row and then move on to level 2 by Thursday. I am doing 3 mile jogs every other day so I'm not too upset about not getting to level 2 yet.

Here are my day 10 stats:

Calves 14.5 = -0.5 inches
Knees 16.5 = --0.5 inches
Thighs 24'' = STAY THE SAME
Hips 41 = -0.5 inches
Waist 30 = -2 inches
Chest 33 = -1 inch
Upper arms 12'' = + 0.5 inches

So all together down 4 inches which I'm very happy with. I havent got on the scale yet, but I'll weigh myself on day 20.

littlebumblebee
08-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Today I measured my waistline and I am down another inch. I have gone from a waistline of 37' down to 34"! Wahoo!

caramelkitty
When you get in your new workout shorts, you will know that you earn them and you will feel good and look good. You are doing great. Good luck with
level 2, that is my favorite level.

Lauracore
Welcome!
Wow! That is great to be training for a 5K.
If you continue using 30 day shred, you will definitely be in a gorgeous dress for the October wedding.

GemGem1
Congratulations for losing all of those inches. You are doing fantastic and you
should be very proud of yourself!

Lauracore
08-12-2012, 04:49 PM
Littlebumblebee-- I'm so impressed by your shrinking waistline! Work it!

GemGem- Wow, that sounds like awesome progress! Hang in there!

I finished my workout today and I'm feeling good. I actually realized when I checked my calendar that I'm on day 20!! Awesome! So tomorrow I'm moving on to level 3. Those V-sits in L2 are KILLING me!!! I'm happy to get away from it! ;)

Lauracore
08-13-2012, 10:29 AM
So, I took my measurements 15 days into the shred, or 5 days ago, and I was going to wait to remeasure until the end of my 30 days but I caved and tried it today. I think I've lost an inch from my waist?! I don't trust myself to measure properly. I'm like, am I sucking it in? Maybe I'm measuring too tightly. Crazy :dizzy:

But, I guess for now I'll take it! :)

caramelkitty
08-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Amazing!! I'm proud of all your accomplishments!! I'm starting level 2 today and I'm still up 3.5lb from day 1... is that normal?

Lauracore
08-13-2012, 07:15 PM
CamelKitty-- YES! Ugh. The scale and the 30ds sucks. I've been doing the 30ds and walking/running and my weight hasn't moved. SUCKS. But inches are what counts. It can be a lot of factors, I'm trying to ignore the number...

caramelkitty
08-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Oh thank God. I'm glad I'm not alone lol

I took my start measurements but lost my tape in the move so I'm going to buy one now and take them tomorrow morning. I'm excited to see if there are changes. lol

Lauracore
08-14-2012, 10:46 AM
I started Level 3 yesterday! Yay! But also OW! :)

I love going on to a new level because it always seems impossible but by the end of day 5 or 6 I'm like "oh yeah, I've got this".

How is everyone else doing?

littlebumblebee
08-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Today is my 2 weeks mark, and I am starting to see some curves. LOL
I do not feel as though I get much of a work out on level 3, that is why I stay on level 2.

Lauracore
Congratulations on losing an inch,that is great!
Do you like level 3 better than level 1 and 2?

caramelkitty
There are times when I will have a gain, and than a few days later I will lose what I gained plus extra.

caramelkitty
08-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Ok here we go.

Start Measurements:
Weight: 139.8
Chest: 36"
Waist: 27"
Hips: 36"

My L2D2 measurements:
Weight:139.8
Chest: 35"
Waist: 26.5"
Hips: 35.5"

Lauracore
08-14-2012, 03:20 PM
littlebumblebee- Level 3 is really tough for me! But I think that every level give me 8 more days and we'll see if I'm loving it. I actually liked level 1 a lot. It always left me super sweaty and ramped up. Level 2 I started to like after day 5 but I don't feel like I get a really good ab workout. Oh and those V-sits are painnnnnnnnnn! You must be a beast! ;)

Caramelkitty-- Get it girl!!!

littlebumblebee
08-15-2012, 05:04 PM
I made it for 2 weeks, and have 2 weeks left. I hope that I will see a big difference in my body, within the next 2 weeks.

caramelkitty
You are doing great!

Lauracore
Level 1 was so hard for me. I wanted to cry some days after level 1. LOL
And Level 3, I liked it, but I did not get as good a workout as level 2.
Level 2 really works me and I struggle, but afterwards, I feel strong and healthy.

Lauracore
08-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Yesterday I went shopping and for the first time EVER I stuffed myself into a size 6 pair of jeans from J Crew and another from Banana Republic. I did have a bit of smush at the top but darnit they fit! I'm hoping this next round of the shred will be very nice to me.

Still no difference on the scale though! I took a rest day yesterday because I thought it might help with that... Someone suggested I eat more calories but I'm going to try and hang in there and see. :)

littlebumblebee
08-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Lauracore
Congratulations on the size 6 jeans!
That is fantastic!

GemGem1
08-17-2012, 03:11 AM
Well done guys!

I'm so so so glad that I'm not the only one isnt seeing a budge on the scales, even though i'm running and doing 30ds.

I'm finally on level 2! :carrot: So different from level 1! I'm feeling much fitter! I can now get into my size 10 shorts which I couldnt even get on two weeks ago!

littlebumblebee
08-17-2012, 11:52 AM
GemGem1
Good job are on getting to level 2. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do. It is my favorite level.
And congratulations on getting into your size 10 shorts. That is great!

GemGem1
08-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Thanks Littlebumblebee! Good job to you too for keeping with it.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm noticing some BIG changes in my body shape, my saddlebags (bits around my hips) are ALOT smaller. Someone in my office said I looked smaller and curvier today too. I'm definitely gonna keep this going!

Looking forward to doing my day 20 measurements

xxx

Lauracore
08-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Congrats GemGem! It's such an awesome feeling to know your body is becoming more fit!

Edit: I did L3 D5 today and it was rough! I was feeling really good yesterday but today I was wrecked! I think it might have been because typically I run after I do the shred but today I ran first. Maybe it used up all my strength! :)

littlebumblebee
08-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I have not loss any inches this week, and I think it was because I was retaining water due to my TOM. Hopefully this week, I can get back to losing more inches. We are half way through the month!

GemGem1
I feel fantastic. And yes, I am also seeing some curves in the right places.

Lauracore
Once I thought I was superwoman and I did level 2 and level 3 consecutively!
I wanted to cry when I finished. I have never done that again. I try to do something like yoga or pilates, after 30 day shred.

Lauracore
08-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Shredders, I'm having a rough day. I just FEEL huge! Like all of the progress I thought I was seeing before is gone! :( Maybe it's just one of those days but it's super frustrating. I'm working my beans off and I haven't seen a drop in the scale or in many inches. I guess I need to remember that I measured 15 days into the shred so those results are only going to show me 2 weeks. But I guess I just don't see a huge difference from last week. Booo! I really can't see a difference between now and with my before pics either. :mad:

*tantrum complete* Thanks for letting me vent, ya'll!

littlebumblebee
08-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Lauracore
If you are eating beans or any high fiber food, than make certain that you are drinking a lot of water. Because high fiber foods can cause you to bloat and retain water.

We have 2 weeks left so keep exercising and stick with your diet plan, and you will see positive results in the next 2 weeks.

Lauracore
08-19-2012, 04:51 PM
Littlebumblebee-- I actually started the shred earlier and so I have 5 days left of this round. :/ But, I do plan on doing another 30 days after.

I haven't been drinking as much water lately so perhaps that is right. I know I'm going to keep going but it is just so frustrating!

littlebumblebee
08-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Lauracore
Wow! That is fantastic that you only have 5 days or less left!
Congratulations.

Are you going to repeat the 30 day shred or do another one of Jillian's dvd's?

Lauracore
08-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Littlebumblebee-- the plan now is to repeat the shred using heavier weights (7lbs) and doing all of Nat's moves. So I'll be with you all for a little longer! :) I'm excited to see all of the results on this board!

littlebumblebee
08-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Lauracore
I follow Nat, and when she starts falling, I have to look away because I start falling too! What weights are you using now? I have 3 lbs.

This week I am cutting my calories, so that I can lose some inches. And I need to drink more water, I am retaining water, at the same time I am sweating a lot because of the hot heat we are having. I thought that I would have loss more inches by now. Hopefully by next week I will lose another inche at least.

zazpa
08-21-2012, 02:29 PM
starting mine today!!
ready to do work!
good luck to everyone!

Weight: 148
Chest: 39"
Waist: 32"
Hips; 42"

littlebumblebee
08-22-2012, 05:33 PM
zazpa

Hello and Welcome!
How do you like the 30 day shred so far?

Lauracore
08-22-2012, 08:20 PM
LittleBumbleBee-- I do most of Nat's moves but a few on the 3rd level are killing me. I am currently using 5lb weights but when I started I used 3lbs for the first couple days of each level. :)

Zazpa! Welcome welcome welcome!

littlebumblebee
08-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Lauracore
I would probably tumble over if I tried using 5lbs weights. LOL
I hope that I lose a few inches this last week of August.

Lauracore
09-01-2012, 12:04 PM
LittleBumbleBee-- Sometimes I think I might fall over too! :)

I just started day 1 of my 2nd round! WHEW! I thought I was a BA because I did this once before but level 1 still ruined me! It's good though! I can really tell a difference in my strength and endurance after the first round of the shred. Last time I was on level 1 I struggled to do the side lunges now I can do an entire set with 3 lbs weights. :carrot:

Oh, yeah I thought I'd share my round 1 results. I lost 1 inch off of my bust, 1 inch off of my waist, .5 inch of my thighs, and .5 inch off of my right bicept. I lost 0 lbs though. These aren't amazing results but they are enough for me to give it another go. I've tweaked my eating a bit for this next round so hopefully that helps out too.

Hope you are all doing well!

jmfan317
09-01-2012, 01:52 PM
Is it ok if I joy in as well? I didn't so measurements but I'm on day 2 level 2 today. My starting weight was 175 lbs. I won't do a weigh in until I'm done with the full 30 days. I take a rest day every 5 days just to give my body sometime to recover.