Fitness Videos - August Turbo Fire & More Check-In

View Full Version : August Turbo Fire & More Check-In

Diana3271
07-31-2012, 10:03 PM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

Diana3271
08-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Check-In: Insanity Pure Cardio

Diana3271
08-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Check-In: Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Tomorrow is suppose to be a rest day. I need to move my rest day to Saturday so I can do my mall walk. Maybe I should do another Insanity workout. We'll see how I feel. I think most of my doms are gone now.

Diana3271
08-03-2012, 06:28 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In: Insanity Maximum Cardio Conditioning

Diana3271
08-04-2012, 11:24 PM

Check-In: 5 Mile Mall Walk

Diana3271
08-05-2012, 11:42 PM

Check-In: Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance

TurboLaura
08-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Hello ladies!! Back from a wonderful week long vacation with my husband. We went to San Fransisco for 2 days and Oahu, Hawaii for 5. It was amazing and Hawaii is the most spectacular place I've ever seen! Last week was week 12 and I was scheduled for a recovery week with 4 cardio workouts. I did them all on vacation but used the gym in the hotels. No turbo Fire and I missed it. MY eating wasn't good and I hate that I slipped into eating junk almost every day. Luckily all of my new clothes fit well. Back to ********** and organic veggies today!

Take care ladies!

Diana, nice work with Insanity! How is it??

Diana3271
08-06-2012, 09:02 PM

Check-In: Insanity Pure Cardio

Laura Hi :wave: Welcome back! We'll, I getting through Insanity. It hasn't killed me, yet. ;) I still prefer longer, less intense cardio. Your trip sounds wonderful!

TurboLaura
08-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Hello all!! Tonight is Fire 45 EZ and Abs 10. Feeling a little more like myself today with it being day 2 of healthy eating again! I hate that I ate so much on vacation and made unhealthy choices, but I'm so happy I was able to go right back to my healthy ways as soon as we returned.

Keep up the great work, Diana! Insanity looks SO intense! :cheer: I'm proud of you for sticking with it!

Diana3271
08-07-2012, 10:25 PM

Laura Good job getting right back to your eating plan. It's hard, but I know you will feel better. I love eating off plan, but it always makes me feel bad.

TurboLaura
08-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Thanks, Diana! I actually felt ok on vacation because I was eating healthy foods with unhealthy foods, but Sunday we spent SOO long in an airport due to delays and then got a pizza when we got home. I really made myself sick and was VERY upset when I noticed my stomach looked different and clothes were fitting differently. I promised I would never go back!

Fire 45 EZ today - Wow - haven't done TF in a week and I felt it!

teacher1
08-08-2012, 06:22 PM
Laura- sounds like a fun trip. I lived in Hawaii for 5 years and it's so beautiful there.

My California adventure was fun. Taking today off to regroup and rest my feet. Back to working out tomorrow. :)

EveLHaelf
08-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Hey! Glad I found this thread.

I am doing Chalean Extreme and this week is my last week in Month 1. :carrot::lifter:

TurboLaura
08-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Hello ladies and WELCOME to EveLHaelf! How is Chalean Extreme? LOVE Chalene so I'm sure it's great :)

WOW - teacher, you lived in Hawaii?!?!?! It was so amazing we were actually talking about it, but I don't think it would ever happen. So glad that your California trip was great!! Wow is Disney Land, if you went? I've done Disney World many times but never Disney Land.

Check in for today Fire 55EZ.

Take care all and keep up the good work :cheer:

Diana3271
08-08-2012, 10:40 PM

Check-In:
TF Fire 45 EZ
Insanity Cardio Recovery

I really enjoyed the TF today!

Teacher Welcome back! :wave: I'm so glad you have a great time in California.

EveLHaelf Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :wave:

Laura Good job with the TF 55.

TurboLaura
08-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Whoa, Diana!!! You CRUSHED IT TODAY!!! :bravo:

Diana3271
08-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Whoa, Diana!!! You CRUSHED IT TODAY!!! :bravo:

Laura I totally loved the TF workout yesterday! :D

EveLHaelf
08-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Early morning today. I am tired! :coffee:

Today's workouts are:
Couch to 5k Week 3 day 2
CLX Push Circuit 2

I absolutely LOVE Chalean Extreme! I love lifting heavy heavy weights and the feeling I get when I'm done, and shaking :D Chalene is a great motivator and I always try to lift the same as her, or heavier haha

Diana3271
08-09-2012, 06:00 PM

Check-In: Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance

I could feel the fatigue again, in my legs, during the warm up. One area that these workouts are lacking is the upper body stretching. There is none that I have seen. Today's workouts contained various pushups and tricep work. Of course I have been stretching the upper body on my own.

EveLHaelf Great job on the CLX workouts!

teacher1
08-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Eve-welcome!

Diana- that was a lot of cardio yesterday.... impressive!

Laura- Hawaii is fun but so expensive to live there. I like Disneyland but it's so much smaller than Disney World. We have time share at Disney World and we'll go back at the end of May.

today- no formal workout... but a trip to the ymca water park... some swimming but also lots of time in the lazy river

TurboLaura
08-09-2012, 09:14 PM
Hello ladies!!

Diana, great job with Insanity. Perhaps you could add a little of your own stretching before? Keep up the great work!
Teacher - I've heard that about Hawaii. A good friend went to grad school there and I have to say, everything was very expensive last week but worth it:)
EveLHaelf - great job with CXL! Keep up your heavy lifting. How are the cardio workouts in that program?

Today I'm scheduled for Stretch 40 but I need a cardio to get my weight back on track...will do fire 30 and Abs 10.

Take care all :)

TurboLaura
08-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Good morning! I know I posted last night but I'm just so happy to report that any weight I gained while on vacation is gone as I weighed in at 153 this morning! YAY...DOUBLE YAY! I went way off my healthy eating plan with lots of junk - luckily I did still workout on vaca but was SOOO scared for this weigh in. Thanks for listening and for your support. :D

teacher1
08-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Laura- great news

today- TF Fire 45ez

EveLHaelf
08-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Laura- Congrats on the weight lost! The cardio in CLX is also very very good IMO. There are two workouts that focus on intervals where you do some high intensity cardio for 1.5 minutes and then you do "active recovery" with 5lb weights working on muscular endurance. Then there are two other workouts that are just cardio and they definitely get your heart rate up!

Teacher- Good job doing Turbo Fire! I like the HIIT workouts, but find myself getting really bored with the regular "turbo" workouts for some reason. :dizzy:

Diana- You are a MACHINE! Insanity is no joke, and Cardio Power and Resistance is IMO the toughest month 1 workout! The warm up kicks my but.

Today's workouts are CLX Burn Intervals and Bob Harper's Yoga for the warrior. And they are done and done! I went a little over board last night with food and had icecream cake and fried rice, but I am back on plan today eating my clean lunch of quinoa, steamed brocolli and chicken breast.

Keep up the good work, everyone.

Diana3271
08-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: Have a great weekend!

Check-In:
Insanity Pure Cardio
Cardio Abs

My whole shirt was wet after these two workouts.

Laura Congratulations on your weigh in! It sounds like you did better than you though you did! :carrot:

Teacher Hi :wave:

EveLHaelf What is up with the Insanity warm ups? Is Shaun trying to kill you before the actual workout starts? :lol: Maybe trying to see how tough you really are? :rofl: Those warm ups are really hard. Good job on the workouts and for getting right back on plan today.

Diana3271
08-11-2012, 09:40 AM
A friend just sent me an email with a link to a short video clip. I thought it was really cute. What is our reward for working out? :rofl: http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=yEH4Yum4nN4

teacher1
08-11-2012, 12:41 PM
Hi everyone!

Diana- that video is so funny!

today- swimming

TurboLaura
08-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Hello ladies!!

Thank you, EvelHaelf! Sounds like the CXL program is also great :) Keep up the great work. Great also getting back on track with eating so quickly.

Diana, that was very funny - I;ve seen it before :D Gotta love a sexy man, even if it's a "cartoon"!! ;)

Nice job working out Teacher! :goodvibes

Check in for today: Fire 30. Starting the Advanced Rotation of Turbo Fire on Monday and I'm excited!

Take care ladies :D

Diana3271
08-11-2012, 10:14 PM

Good job on getting those workouts in today!

Check-In Dana Pieper's Kickbox Challenge w/weighted gloves

This was definitely a sweatfest! It was raining in my office and the sweat was flying. Dana and the group uses light weights at the beginning of the workout. I didn't use light weights since I used weighted gloves throughout the workout.

teacher1
08-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Diana- kickbox challenge sounds intense :)

today- swimming

TurboLaura
08-12-2012, 06:20 PM
Nice job with the workouts, ladies! Rest day for me today and I will start the Turbo Fire advanced workouts tomorrow! Woo-hoo to weeks 13-20! Hope to get the last 10 - 15 pounds off and tone my thighs more :) I can't believe that I'm down to the last 10-15 :D

Diana3271
08-12-2012, 10:37 PM

Check-In
Insanity Fit Test
Amy Dixon's Breathless Body 2 The Edge

My Fit Test was about the same as it was 2 weeks ago, for the most part. The exercises where I improved was the floor exercises. I can also tell that I improved with my form. I am happy about those improvements. Now about Amy Dixon . . . She tried to kill me today. I don't think following the Fit Test with Amy's workout was a good idea. It was tough. I really like this new workout, though. I also did the floor exercises. Between Chris Freytag (10 Pound Slimdown Xteme) and Shaun T (Insanity), they have really brought me out of my shell with doing floor exercises. Maybe I am stronger, now. :?:

Teacher Yes, it was intense, but Dana showed modifications for all levels. It was really good. They showed 3 levels of intensity in the workout I did today, too. I really like these options in workouts.

Laura The advanced workouts are longer. Have you done any of them, yet? They are really fun. Great job on the last 10-15 pounds! You can do it! :carrot:

teacher1
08-13-2012, 03:05 PM
hi everyone!!!

today- ymca cycle 45 min

TurboLaura
08-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Hello all! :wave:

Nice job with all the extreme workouts and improvements, Diana!!! You probably didn't see a huge difference because you're already in good shape.

Completed Fire 60 and Abs 10 today from Turbo Fire! First time doing Fire 60 but I have done Abs 10 before. I really liked Fire 60 and looking forward to trying lower 20 and upper 20 this week too!

Teacher - I know this isn't a travel site but I hope it's ok for me to ask you this....do you think 2 days for Disneyland and California Adventure is enough? Looking into a vaca for next year waaaaay in advance :) Of course, anyone else please let me know what you think! We've done Disney World 3 times together and would like to see CA...plus it's on the way to Maui, which is where I would also like to go next year :)

Thank all and take care!
Laura

Take care and keep up the good work!!

Diana3271
08-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Hi Everyone!

I have the motivation of a three toed sloth today. TTOM has started again and my energy is down the tubes. I think the big issue came in from doing two tough workouts this weekend. Today's workout kicked my butt!

Teacher Did you ride the bike at the gym or take a spinning class?

Laura Great job on the Fire 60. I love those longer workouts!

teacher1
08-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Laura- I think 2 days (one for each park) is totally doable. Some of the rides are the same so you'll know them from Disney World.

Diana- It was a spin class. Feel better :)

EveLHaelf
08-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm still here. Things got kinda crazy over the weekend and I had a few on days and some off days thrown in there too. My back was hurting like crazy yesterday so I didn't exercise. It's feeling a lot better today.

I started the PUSH month of CLX today :carrot: I feel really strong. I also start week 4 of couch to 5k tonight. I am waiting another hour or so for it to cool off outside! I am doing a re-vamp of my kitchen and yesterday I completely cleaned out and re organized my pantry and it looks amazing. My whole focus is to make cooking easier, and make the healthier foods easier to access. I have my grocery list made and meals planned out and tomorrow I go buy the food and make some lunches ahead of time for me and hubby. I am committing to 5 days of cleaner eating. I am going to do this. :jig:

EveLHaelf
08-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Those 5 minute jog intervals kicked my butt! :dizzy: I soaked in some epsom salts last night after we ran. My biceps and triceps are sore today after Push Circuit 1 yesterday. I'm so fricken stoked that I can do 6 bicep curls with 20lb :carrot:

One day of clean eating under my belt and today is starting off really clean as well. I have tonight's dinner in the crock pot (chicken and veggies and tomatoes flavored italian style) and before work, I cooked up some whole wheat pasta and steamed broccoli and grilled chicken and viola pre portioned lunches.

After work I have power step class at the gym. Can't wait to get my sweat on!

Keep up the good work, everyone.

teacher1
08-14-2012, 04:25 PM
eve- i have chalean extreme but only used it a few times... I think I might try it again in a couple of weeks. I seem to have ADHD with my workouts and I'm all over the place. Have you been getting results from it? I love cardio but need to add strength training. Also, way to go on C25K. I have the dream of running someday but when I start the program and my legs start screaming I stop :( Do you run inside or out?

today- TF Fire 55ez

Diana3271
08-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Insanity Pure Cardio
Insanity Cardio Abs

I'm feeling a little more energetic today.

EveLHaelf Good job on the workouts and clean eating!

Teacher Good job on the Fire 55. Have you tried speed walking? Maybe that would help you transition to running easier.

teacher1
08-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Diana- that's a good idea to try speed walking. I've started walking my dogs again so might try that on the walks. The doggies took a break in June and July with the hundred degree weather.

today- 60 min spin class ymca-- my butt hurt so bad.. so went and got a seat gel cover. I hope that helps. The next class is Fri.

Diana3271
08-15-2012, 09:35 PM

Check-In:
TF Fire 45 EZ
Insanity Cardio Recovery

Teacher I forgot to mention from last week. Cardio Recovery is a stretch workout. I though it was a light cardio workout when I was going to do it the first time, but it is not. The stretching is pretty tough though. :lol: Do you have any malls near you? I know it's too hot/humid to walk outside here. That's why I like mall walking.

TurboLaura
08-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Hello ladies!! Nice job working out everyone! Diana, glad you're feeling a little better today.

Evelhaelf - good job cleaning up your eating! You must feel great, too! I think it's a great idea to plan meals like you did. :bravo:

Took yesterday for a rest day as we took a day trip to Martha's Vineyard (island off the coast of Massachusetts) and today did Fire 45 EZ and Lower 20 from Turbo Fire. Great workouts and my legs are weak tonight!!

Take care and keep it up :)

Diana3271
08-16-2012, 08:10 AM
Took yesterday for a rest day as we took a day trip to Martha's Vineyard (island off the coast of Massachusetts)

Laura Martha's Vineyard is on my bucket list of things to do. Was this the first time for you to go there? Did anything stand out as being fabulous and a must see?

teacher1
08-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Laura- fun day vacation

Diana- good suggestion about the mall walking

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
08-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Hello all!! Teacher - NICE JOB working out and for trying new workouts. Thanks also for the info on Disneyland. I'm really thinking we will do that for 2 days on our way to Maui next August.

Diana - Martha's Vineyard was lovely!! Very much like Cape Cod Mass and that's where you take the ferry from. Beautiful beaches, hotels, restaurants, etc. There is a great little restuant called "The Black Dog" which is a cool landmark! Also, Gay Head, Oak Bluffs, and Edgartown. My husband loves it there and used to go frequently but it was my first time. He says that the beaches at Gay Head are the best!

My bum and legs are so incredibly sore from lower 20 and fire 45ez!! Core 20 and Stretch 10 tonight.

Keep up your good work :)

Diana3271
08-16-2012, 09:50 PM

Check-In: Insanity Cardio Power and Resistance

Teacher I'm not a shopper, so I don't worry about being tempted by the mall. Some people are shoppers and mall walking is not a good option for them. KWIM? ;)

Laura Martha's Vineyard does sound lovely. I will get there one day. :D Are you walking funny today from the lower 20? ;)

teacher1
08-17-2012, 12:07 PM
today- ymca 45 min cycling- loved this teacher :)

EveLHaelf
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Hello everyone! Today is day 5 of clean eating and I have had ZERO binges! :carrot: I'm pretty stoked about that considering last night, I started getting antsy and wanting to eat, but I distracted myself with some episodes of Trueblood and was able to eat my dinner without the urge to go back for more. :D

Teacher- This is my second round of CLX. I did it before about 2 years ago when I was hard core into weight loss and I had great results! And into the second month now, I am definitely getting stronger and lifting helped my running speed GREATLY. I've tried p90x and for some reason I just can't get into that workout. I've tried them all and the only one I get a good burn from is the chest and back workout. The others I am not impressed with. I just love CLX. Chalene makes lifting weights FUN. I've tried lifting at the gym, and the intimidation of all those big boys grunting and taking up all the machines just isn't for me, lol. Wow I am typing up a novel here, I'll shut up now lol!

You all are doing great!

Today's workouts: Couch to 5k week 4 day 3! and Push circuit 3.

As a reward to myself for sticking to clean eating for 5 days I am dying my hair later tonight. I hope it turns out how I want it!

Have a good day!

TurboLaura
08-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Hello ladies!!!

Nice work with all the workouts! Evelhaelf - I'm tempted to buy CXL and do a hybrid between CXL and TF starting in Jan. I'm so much more of a cardio person and I'm a little nervous about the weight lifting!! I do love Chalene though! YAY for the 5 days of no binges! That's huge :)

Diana - Martha's Vineyard is worth it :) Not walking too funny today BUT sitting down is sore :)

Today: Fire 30 and Upper 20. This is my first time doing upper 20 so we will see how this goes!!

BIG NEWS on the weight loss front today. I HIT 70 POUNDS LOST! WAAHOO!

EveLHaelf
08-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Laura, CONGRATS on 70 pounds lost! Outstanding! :bravo:

Diana3271
08-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! I hope you have a great weekend!

Teacher Great job on the spinning. How is the new bike cushion working for you?

EveLHaelf How did you hair turn out?

Laura Congrats on the 70 pounds! :congrat:

TurboLaura
08-18-2012, 04:36 PM
Hello ladies!!

Check in for today: Fire 60 - LOVE this workout!

Diana - great job with Insanity! Is it much harder than TF?
Evelhaef - how's your hair??
Teacher - did the new seat help? Back in my college days I did a lot of bike riding and my butt would always really hurt, too!

Treated myself today to an organic banana and a single serving of peanut butter...delicious! I can't buy PB for the house because my hubby and I would eat the entire container in 1 day :)

Keep up the good work!

teacher1
08-18-2012, 06:09 PM
laura- congrats on 70 pounds!!!

Sadly, the seat felt weird to me. I'll keep taking it to class and see which works better for me.

today- long walk with the dogs

Diana3271
08-19-2012, 12:29 AM

No workout to report today. We were invited to a wedding reception. A couple weeks ago I started shopping to buy something to wear to this function. I still don't have many dress clothes since losing weight. I hate dressing up and I hate shopping even more than I hate dressing up. :D Last year, when I needed an outfit for the holidays, I found a SA that took the time to help me find a great outfit. I decided to go back to this store. Luckily enough, the same SA was there. I found an outfit that I really liked. I was also able to find the whole outfit at a reasonable price. I paid $70 for a dressy top, bottoms and dress Naturalizer shoes. I don't think that's bad at all. There were going to be some people at this reception that worked with my Mom before she retired. My Mom was always a very good dresser. She didn't wear designer clothes, she just knew how to put them together the right way. I wanted to make sure I looked my best at this event. Today, I took some extra time getting ready for the wedding reception we were attending. I wanted to look my best. I felt so chic and stylish today. I loved how I looked in my new outfit. I have been very overweight the majority of my life. Today is one of the times that I am so glad that I have been able to lose the weight. The reception was outside and it was a little warm. I didn't even break a sweat. I saw a lot of people sweating out there. Previously, I would have been one of them. In fact, I could out sweat the best of them. ;) They had these little chairs that are always at these events. I didn't feel like I was going to break the chair when I sat down. It was such an amazing feeling to be normal and to actually feel "chic" and "stylish". I also know that my Mom would have been proud of me.

Laura OMG! YES! Insanity is harder than TF. LOL on the peanut butter. Before the allergy, I couldn't have it in the house either. It wouldn't last a day with me either. It would only get through one sitting. ;)

Teacher Maybe the seat takes time getting used to. Keep trying.

TurboLaura
08-19-2012, 01:55 AM
YAY Diana!! Awesome job and awesome feeling. You deserve to be proud of yourself and feel "normal" but you're above that. What you've accomplised is so much more than what most can! :cheer: ROCK ON!

TurboLaura
08-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Check in for Sunday - TF 55EZ and 2 mile walk with the pooches and hubby.

Side note: my hair seems to be falling out a lot lately...to the point where it's feeling different. Has anyone else had this happen? This happened to me when I quit smoking 4 years ago and I guessed it was from stress. I have a huge amount of hair but I'm getting a little worried! Piles of hair on the bathroom floor are scary and I'm wondering if it has to do with my weight loss. Having a physical for the first time in YEARS tomorrow and I'm dreading the weigh in. I haven't let anyone weigh me and haven't told anyone my real weight since I was about 15...believe it or not when I had a minor lumpectomy 1.5 years ago, when I weighed about 210 I told them I was 185. Let's just say it screwed up the anesthesia and they said I was moving during surgery...YIKES! Very nervous about tomorrow and asking to not be weighed....I just hate it! Even if I was 132 I would still not want it. It's just so psychological for me. Sorry for the rant :)

Keep up the good work everyone!

teacher1
08-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Diana- wow congrats... what a special day & you deserve it. So happy for you!

Laura- no, I haven't had any hair loss but I haven't lost much weight yet either. I hope the doctor has some answers. I would think they'd be okay skipping the weigh in. Let us know... thinking of you

No workout today- i volunteered at a bike ride that benefits children with visual impairments. We had 130 cyclist compared to last year at 75. A great day helping the kiddos but I'm tired! Back to the y tomorrow :)

Diana3271
08-19-2012, 08:49 PM

Check-In:
Insanity Pure Cardio
Insanity Cardio Abs

I am still amazed at how much I sweat with these workouts.

Laura I totally understand about being weighed. I know you weigh on a regular basis. Can you weigh yourself and tell them. That way you have the control. My hair is very thin from being hypothyroid. A year ago my hair turned from being stick straight to curly. Don't even ask what happened. :lol: I don't have a clue. Two years ago I developed a crazy food allergy and then last year the curly hair. What's next for me? :lol: Something funny about the hair. Last year I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my hair. I couldn't fix it. I have it cut/colored every month. I went to the hair appointment and was complaining that I couldn't fix my hair anymore and I didn't know what was wrong with it. The hairdresser washed my hair. I was sitting in front of the mirror and before our eyes, my hair started curling up since it was wet and drying. She said that happens sometimes as people age. :dunno:

Teacher Good job volunteering! :bravo: I know you were a busy girl with all of those riders!

TurboLaura
08-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Diana and Teacher - I can't thank you enough for your kind words and support. I'm planning on kinda making a joke about the weigh in thing with the medical assistant/nurse and will tell my doctor my weight...and I won't lie!

Diana, thanks for sharing the info about your hair. That's truly amazing! I've heard that some medical treatments can also curl hair!!

Take care ladies and I'll let you know how it goes!!

TurboLaura
08-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Hello ladies - appointment went ok. They didn't push the weight issue but explained why they need one. We agreed next year I will do it. :) She didn't think anything of the hair loss but said she will check the blood work to make sure and thinks it's my body adjusting to the "extreme" (her word) workouts and lifestyle change.

Weighed in at 150 today!! YAY! Lowest adult weight EVER for me. :dance:

Fire 60 today with Abs 10 today!

teacher1
08-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Laura- woohoo- congrats on the 150!!!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
08-20-2012, 11:40 PM

Laura Congrats on the 150! :carrot:

Teacher Good job on the elliptical!

teacher1
08-21-2012, 05:40 PM
today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
08-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Hello ladies!! Nice work with the Eliptical, teacher! Are you back to school yet? I start back next Monday as counselors have to go back a week early. Looking forward to it!!

Tonight I'm going to try the Turbo Jam "on the ball" workout. It's 50 minutes with a large balance ball and weights...we'll see how this goes :)

Diana3271
08-21-2012, 11:23 PM

This is my last week for my first month of Insanity. Next week is Recovery week. Core Cardio & Balance is scheduled for the recovery week. I also have the deluxe workout Max Interval Sports Training. The rotation says that you can substitute these workouts for each other. I will probably rotate them, unless one of them absolutely kills me. I think I did better with the workout today. I wasn't kneeling on the floor in my sweat (taking a break) as much as I normally do. :D I guess that's an improvement, right? :D The first month of workouts are shorter. I think the longest workout is 42 minutes. Some days you add on the ab workout and that's 17 minutes. Next month the workouts are much longer. They range from 55 minutes to 86 minutes. :eek: I have always loved longer cardio workouts, but I am skeered of these. I truly don't feel like I am ready for the next month. :D

TurboLaura
08-22-2012, 11:35 AM
WHOA! 86 minutes of Insanity Cardio?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek: THAT'S CRAZY but YOU CAN DO IT!

I'm envious of you and also think I may try some type of TF/Insanity hybrid starting in November....Maybe TF and P90X...not sure. I really don't care for Tony Horton's style but my hubby LOVES him.

Ended up taking yesterday as a rest day and today will conquer "on the ball"!

Back to school on Monday and I've lost 14 more pounds since the end of the year. Hoping for 1-3 more pounds to be off by the time the teachers come back on 9/4! I can't believe I will be in the 140's soon! Diana, I always look at your weight as a goal for me and I can't believe I'm basically there! :)

teacher1
08-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Laura- I taught special ed for 7 years but switched to subbing last year. I just got burned out and wanted something part-time. School started last week and I'll sub mostly schools where I know teachers. Most Friday afternoons I'll sub for a teacher friend who has to get a weekly shot. Good luck on starting school.

Diana- Wow, that is an insane workout program. Good luck!

today- swimming

Diana3271
08-22-2012, 11:33 PM
I looked at the reviews of the next workouts on Video Fitness. It seems the info on the length of these workouts is different than what I mentioned. I got my original info from another site. :?: Now, I'm not sure. Maybe it won't be so bad after all. :D I will take a look at the DVD's soon. I hope they are not as long as I originally thought.

Check-In:
TF Fire 30 EZ
Insanity Cardio Recovery

Laura Did your DH mention that the second half workouts were really long? :?:

Teacher Still jealous of you being able to swim on a regular basis. :D

Diana3271
08-23-2012, 06:18 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
Insanity Pure Cardio
Insanity Cardio Abs

I think Pure Cardio is my favorite Insanity workout, so far.

teacher1
08-23-2012, 07:05 PM
I've been walking my dogs for 20 min separately but now the little one is ready for an increase in time. She did a longer walk today :) Kind of freaked her out walking in a new neighborhood.

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
08-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Teacher What breed of dogs do you have?

TurboLaura
08-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Hello ladies!! Check in for today - Fire 30 and Core 20.

Teacher - I'm sure teaching special ed is very tough. While I was in grad school for counseling I was a para in a behavior program. Challenging but great. Walking dogs is great exercise! Mine love it but one of my dogs is too nervous to leave my short cul-de-sac!

Take care all :)

teacher1
08-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Diana- I have a boxer and a mini-boxer (boxer, pug, and boston terrier)

It's been raining all day so the doggies were super pissed to miss walking today.

today- TF Fire 45ez

TurboLaura
08-24-2012, 10:18 PM
Hello ladies!

Nice job with the Fire 45EZ, teacher. Your dogs must be so cute!!!!

Fire 55EZ for me today.

Take care all!

Diana3271
08-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: We made it to the weekend! :celebrate:

Teacher I really miss having a dog. I'm thinking a dog/puppy will just show up one day when we get back from our cruise at the end of the year. I have a feeling DH will "find" a dog or one will "find" him. :lol: I miss having a pet, but I also like the convenience of not having one. Does that make sense?

Laura Do you have any pets?

TurboLaura
08-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Hello all! Yes, Diana! I have 4 dachshunds! They are all such good boys. I took 2 to the vet today for their check ups and my husband said that Rudy (the youngest) howled for an hour....so sad! You'll know when it's right to get another dog. You'll just know!

Have a good night everyone! Nervous about going to a party tomorrow and being around a lot of junk. UGH.

Diana3271
08-25-2012, 12:18 AM
Have a good night everyone! Nervous about going to a party tomorrow and being around a lot of junk. UGH.

Sending good strength your way for the party. You will do well.

TurboLaura
08-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Thank you, Diana. I appreciate your kind words, always. I'm planning on having a Chocolate ********** protein shake before I go to help me not feel hungry or tempted when we're there.

Just did Fire 45EZ...sweatfest as always!!!!!!

Take care all and thanks for your support! :hug:

TurboLaura
08-25-2012, 03:14 PM
PS - saw a great quote by Allie from Turbo Fire, who also used to be very overweight. "Being overweight is hard. Being in shape is hard. Take your pick". LOVE THIS because it's so true!

teacher1
08-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Diana- I mean what you mean... dogs are so great but a lot of work.

Laura- wow 4 doggies.... I'm busy with 2. Have fun at the party.

today- elip 30 min & 2 dog walks

Diana3271
08-25-2012, 11:24 PM
HI Everyone! :wave: I hope you are having a great weekend!

Check-In: 5 Mile Mall Walk

I forgot to check my time, so I can't compare to what I normally walk. I noticed that I didn't sweat as much today as I normally do with this walk. Hmm, is this because of the Insanity workouts? Maybe I am just all sweat out. :D

TurboLaura
08-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Hello ladies!! Kept in control at the party nicely but hubby was dying for chinese food...All I hear is SODIUM!!! I usually get steamed veggies with a little sauce on the side but I got Mooshi, which was great...shredded veggies with very little sauce. Still puffy this morning though! Then ate too any nuts. Yikes! Back on track today with LOTS of water!

Lower 20 and Fire 30 for me today!

Back to school tomorrow but won't have the kiddies until next Wed. :D

teacher1
08-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Diana- i dream of the day when I don't sweat as much :)

Laura- good luck tomorrow

I got in the dog walks in but used my old shoes since it's rainy and muddy here. Came home with blisters on both heels :(

TurboLaura
08-27-2012, 05:12 PM
Great day at school...no kids or teachers yet but still a great day. Saw a few teachers and co workers that were amazed at another 14 pounds gone since school got out. 2 parents didn't recognize me...haha!!!

Fire 60 and Abs 10 tonight!

Take care all and take care of those feet, teacher!

Diana3271
08-27-2012, 11:03 PM

Check-In: Insanity Core Cardio & Balance

Teacher Good job on the walk but sorry about those blisters. Blisters are painful. Were you able to workout today?

Laura Glad your first day went well! I know you looked great today!

Diana3271
08-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Good Morning, Ladies! :wave:

I'm not sure if I have mentioned about my "allergic reactions" to anyone here. I have struggled with this thing for a couple of years now. I finally have a diagnosis! I posted everything in another thread. I am just going to post a link here.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4450571-post341.html

TurboLaura
08-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Hello all.

Diana, I'm so sorry to hear of your 2 new challenges. You've mentioned your reactions to what you thought were foods...ugh. What a pain for you. Is there a specialist that you go speak with about these things? I'm sorry that you have to go through this....seems like there's always something. Sending you hugs. :hug:

Thank you for your kind words. Another great day of school today.

Tonight I'll do Fire 45EZ and Lower 20. I'll be bow legged again tomorrow :D
Feeling VERY light and lean lately..contemplating a weigh in soon!

Diana3271
08-28-2012, 06:18 PM

Check-In:
TF Fire 30
Insanity Core Cardio & Balance

Laura Good job on feeling light and lean! That's a good sign! :carrot: I was diagnosed by an allergist. It's an allergy to something that my body produces and not food. The only help is to take an antihistamine daily. It's also an auto immune disorder. I have hypothyroidism, which is also an auto immue discorder. In fact I have an appointment with my Endo tomorrow. I will discuss this other craziness with her. Maybe she can shed a little more light on it. I personally think the allergy/auto immune situation came about from the stress of losing my Dad. I think the stress from my Mom getting sick and passing brought out the shingles Hopefully, over time, things will calm down a little.

teacher1
08-28-2012, 06:44 PM
Laura- glad your having a good time back at work. What age level do you work with?

Diana- I'm so sorry to hear about the allergy and shingles. I have really bad allergies to grasses, molds, and hay that trigger my asthma. Most of the time it's controlled with meds. I had shingles in 1st grade. When everyone else got chicken pox, I got shingles. Hopefully, over the years they have found better ways to treat it. Keep us posted and feel better.

Diana3271
08-28-2012, 11:08 PM
Teacher Thank you. Good job on the elliptical and walk!

Diana3271
08-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: Here's an update from my Endo appointment:

I just got back from my Endo (thyroid) appointment. My thyroid numbers are still off. The last time it was over 10. She wants it under 4. This time it was over 5. She is really concerned about upping my medicine because because I already take such a high dose. She thinks it's related to the stress from my Mom and will regulate in time. I will be taking a higher dose 2 days a week. She gave me samples so I don't have to buy that. I will go back and retest in 2 months.

We discussed about the IgE receptor antibody (Angio Edema). She agreed with my thinking that it was brought on from my Dad passing. She also agreed that the shingles was brought on from my Mom.

She also said that she is amazed that I am still up and functioning through all of this.

I asked about a prescription for anti nausea patches for our cruise. She is the Dr. that DH and I both see, that's the reason I asked her. She didn't want to prescribe anything else nor wants me to take anything else, especially with the Angio Edema. She doesn't want me to have a crazy flare up while on the cruise. She recommended the sea bands.

She is also impressed with how steady my weight has been through all of this. My weight is up a few pounds right now, but I guess she thinks it's within reason with what I have going on. My BP was 104/62 and my pulse was 76.

TurboLaura
08-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Diana, so sorry I miswrote...sending you support. I'm glad that you have some good doctors to work with. I think stress can be a huge part of auto-immune disorders. My mom has lupus and this has been the case with her too. How are you feeling today?

Teacher- I'm a guidance counselor for kids in grades 6-8 and LOVE it!

Tonight - Fire 30 and Upper 20. Felt SO thin and toned but scale is the same as 1.5 weeks ago! Oh well....I'm giving myself 6 weeks to lose the last 10 pounds.

Take care and :hug: to you all!

TurboLaura
08-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Diana - May I add I'm proud of you that you've been able to do so well in spite of everything, too. You're a very strong woman, inside and out.

teacher1
08-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Diana- feel better... that's a lot going on

Laura- ah... middle school.. you're very brave!

Diana3271
08-29-2012, 11:48 PM

Check-In:
Insanity Core Cardio and Balance
500 Jump Ropes

I am really feeling renewed about my situation. I think my fear of food/allergic reactions has really caused me a lot of stress over the last couple of years. Now, that I have a diagnosis, I am feeling more hopeful about things. The Endo is working on my thyroid, so things are going in the right direction. Now, if I can just get rid of this itchy painful rash! :D Things are looking up, though! :)

I forgot to mention. The nurse took me to the back to do my vitals today. As soon as I got back there another nurse came in and they both commented at the same time "What are you doing? You look great!" I was really shocked that they thought I looked so good and like I had lost more weight since I am actually up on the scale. I am wondering if it's because of the workouts that I have been doing since I was there last. Before Insanity I was doing cardio/Project You Full Body Circuit and recently it's been the Insanity workouts. DH has also commented that I look smaller this year compared to my pictures from last Summer. My jean are not looser so I'm not sure what's going on. It does seem like I look smaller to other people.

Laura Thank you. I think I am feeling a lot better mentally. Now, if I can just get rid of this itchy/painful rash. :lol: You may be feeling smaller/slimmer because of inches lost. It may not be showing on the scale, but you are still having improvements. :bravo:

Teacher How is the weather there? Is it nice temps for outdoor walking? Good job on the elliptical and walks.

teacher1
08-30-2012, 05:41 PM
Diana- the weather here was beautiful 2 weeks ago but now it's getting really hot again. It might get to 100 Sun & Mon.

My allergies are really bad- stuffy nose, red eyes, and sinus pressure :(
I skipped the dog walks to see if that would help my allergies. I didn't get in a formal workout but I spent the afternoon carpet cleaning my mom's house for her party on Sun.

Diana3271
08-30-2012, 06:20 PM

Check-In:
Insanity Core Cardio and Balance
Shaun T's HHA's Fat Burning Cardio

Teacher Carpet cleaning counts as exercise! That's hard work! I bet that didn't help with your allergies, though. I hope you feel better. Those temps are hot! We have cooled off a little here and have had a lot of rain.

TurboLaura
08-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Hello all! Ended up taking today as a rest day - feeling exhausted from the first week back to school..not used to getting up at 5:30 :)

Take care all and keep up the good work.

Diana3271
08-30-2012, 11:07 PM
Hello all! Ended up taking today as a rest day - feeling exhausted from the first week back to school..not used to getting up at 5:30 :)

Take care all and keep up the good work.

Laura UGH! on the 5:30! Hang in there! The weekend is really close!

TurboLaura
08-31-2012, 10:16 PM
Hello all!!

Yes, 5:30 feels so very early! I even have to wake my dogs up :) Teacher, what grade level do you like to work with? I started with HS but have been with Middle School now over 8 years and just love them!

Today I did Fire 30 and Upper 20. I was amazed at my progress and strength with doing push-ups! YAY!

Have a wonderful long weekend!

Diana3271
08-31-2012, 11:44 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance: I hope you have a great weekend!

Check-In:
500 Jump Ropes
Insanity Core Cardio & Balance

Today is the last day for Core Cardio & Balance. Tomorrow is suppose to be my rest day and Sunday is the Fit Test and the start of month 2 with Max Interval Circuit. I think I am going to change the days around. Sunday we are planning on going downtown and act like tourists. :D So, tomorrow I will do the Fit Test and MIC. Sunday I will take a rest day. I will probably get a good amount of walking in downtown.

Laura Great job on the push ups!

Diana3271
09-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Where did August go? Hello September! :wave: See you there! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/265488-september-turbo-fire-more-check.html