Support Groups - Weight Loss Buddies X

Pages : 1 2 [3]

View Full Version : Weight Loss Buddies X

dancerindenver
03-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Hey girls!

Hope you all are doing well. Just got an email on match this morning from a guy who lives down the block from me (I recognized his house in one of the photos) - crazy coincidence, right? We're going out on Friday and I *think* I may have another date tues or thurs - not sure yet. Will keep you posted. I walked with a buddy yesterday but was feeling too low energy to get in a run, oh well. No scale progress but I'll try to stick to plan extra well this week so I can get things moving again. Did some major closet clearing out so the piles of bags for goodwill are accumulating again - gotta love that.

What's new with everyone?

ETA - on a major online shopping streak lately - between last night and today in between meetings, I'm spending a bunch of money, yikes! I need new stuff that fits and haven't been able to get out shopping for various reasons (the blahs, snowstorms, busy at work). Do you guys shop online or always in stores?

burgundyrayne
03-11-2013, 11:26 PM
Dance-me and my hubby do a lot of online shopping. I dont buy a lot of clothes. The last clothing item I bought was a Labyrinth tshirt. Im a child of the 80s, lol. I get some of my crafts online too. I just cleaned out my closet a few weeks ago. I have a friend that needed some clothes so I gave them to her. The scale is still the same for me too but Im still eating good and exercising so it will move. Ive been cleaning everything tonight. Ive been lazy this week and didnt do much so tonight is catch up. So thats my workout tonight. Chris wants to go to the movies tomorrow, yikes, popcorn. I'll down a bunch of water so Im not hungry.

Hope everyone else is doing good and checks in soon. Back to cleaning.

luckylindy
03-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Hey girls!

Don't be frustrated with the scale not moving, we all know the drill. One day we will hop on and see a "whoosh."

Dance - plenty of fish in the sea for sure. It is good that you recognize there isnt a connection from the get go, that way you dont have to keep wasting time. That is funny that you are dating someone close by. Does he know that you are that close or you keeping that under wraps? I online shop sometimes but not often for clothing. When I am thinner I dont struggle with it as much but when I am my current size, my chest and legs are kinda funny with sizes.

Burgundy - you are doing really awesome with working out, keep it up, the scale will move soon enough. Do you drink any sugar drinks? I think my weight came off quick because I completely cut out soda from my diet. Now I am doing a cleanse so I do not know what is going to come of it.

So, I worked out 4 days last week and am shooting for 4 days this week. I had to miss yesterday because I had a procedure at the dermatology office but I will be leaving work in 45 minutes today to squeeze in my workout. I was trying to make up excuses not to go because it is a really nastry rainy day here but if I dont do it now, I wont do it at all. Is anyone else thrown off with the daylight savings time? I love this change but my body seems to still be adjusting because I am more tired than I ever have been.

Nessa131
03-12-2013, 01:07 PM
Hey yall! Ive been mia! My father in law just went back overseas yesterday so i hope i have extra free time now! It has been crazy!! I dont know if i told you all or not...but i went shopping with my mother in law and got size 28 jeans. They are a hair big in the waist but fit way better than the size 14 and 16's i had! I thibk that is like a size 10 or 12. Anywho. The scale isnt moving. I have been really good on food....except on the weekends when we go out or go to the inlaws house. I had a roll at coltons and a madori sour. Then they grilled burgers. So hopefully i can get back on track. The scale said 174.6 this morning.....im just waiting for that whoosh to get me in the 160's for good. The trainer is still kicking ny butt and i have a workout partner now. Ita still kinda new. We hhve obly been working out like 2 or 3 weeks. Hope yall have a good day!

luckylindy
03-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Nessa - did you choose your workout partner? Do you now get a discount because you have to shar ehim? lol I realize that when I go to the gym I dont push myself as hard as I should but I am taking baby steps. I want to get into a pattern and then I can push myself to the brink, lol. I did get in a good leg workout last week because for 2 days my legs were KILLING me, haha. Just keep up with the working out and you should be fine with the eating on special occasion.

Yesterday was murder with my cleanse. Was really hungry. I did not go off the approved fruit and veggie list but I did consume more than recommended. I still have that hunger feeling and am working out so I am sure I am fine. I will weight myself on Friday, then again next Wednesday, then I am going to wait 14 days to weight again. I also am doing something different, I took my measurements. I realized the scale is not the tell all to weight loss and to avoid frustration I just need to take those extra steps.

I am almost done with this semester of school so I pretty excited about that as well.

How is everyone doing eating and exercising?

dancerindenver
03-13-2013, 11:42 AM
Down to 158 today - woot!

Lindy - that's amazing will power - good for you!!

Nessa - congrats on the new jeans - post a picture when you get a chance.

Burgundy - how did it go at the movies?

luckylindy
03-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Kudos Dance - you are SO close to reaching your goal. Do you think you want to change it to something less or keep it as is? I alway's said that I'll wait till I get there, see how I look and then determine if I should lose more. That's why I'm asking.

All is wonderful on my end. I was feeling incredibly sleepy for the first 3 days of my cleanse but I woke up today feeling alert and with plenty of energy. GREAT feeling. Cannot WAIT to see the end result.

dancerindenver
03-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Morning, girls! 157 today - can't believe it! And yes, Lindy, I will definitely move my goal to something lower - maybe 140 - as soon as I get there. 4 more lbs to get to normal BMI - can't wait.

Just got back from a great run and had a wonderful time with the girls last night in book club. Life is good - I'm looking forward to my Fri, Sun and Tuesday dates, I look good in my clothes, I'm dog-sitting for my buddy's dog again and I'm two weeks in to the no-ex bf thing. I still miss him a little now and then but my life is so drama free it's amazing. Funny how things change so quickly. Whatever happens with him in the future, I think I really needed a break.

Lindy - I'm so impressed with your cleanse! Glad the tough part's over - with everything you have on your plate, the last thing you need is to be sleepy. Hey - how's everything with your guy? You haven't said anything lately....

Nessa131
03-14-2013, 12:37 PM
Dance- omg!!!!! How exciting!!!!!!! I wish j could say my weight was that low!!!!!

Lindy- i sorta just ended up with a partner. I was doing a makeup day on a friday and this chick was like work out with me. I would love to have a partner. I wasnt overly keen on the idea.....and im not 100% still. I do feel like i compete with her which makes me work harder. But i dont know if i like it. She is use to her old schedule and she keeps forgetting so im half with a partner and half not. And no....no discount. I wish!!! But believe me.....he doesnt slack because there are 2 of us!lol

Well the scales were 177.0 on monday and then dipped to 173.8.and now at 174.6. So im still staying in the same range....... Now that im not eating with the inlaws all thw time i can finally do better and get to the 160's!! Welp i am fixing to change and head to the gym. Talk to u soon!!!!

luckylindy
03-14-2013, 05:03 PM
Dance - I am beyond excited for you and looking forward to catching up soon enough. You are definately motivation to keep going. It doesnt seem that long ago that we started conversing (again) in this group and how quickly the pounds have shed over that time frame. Are you going to stay low carb or gradually incorporate more into your diet but still eat moderately? I am also happy to see you are moving on from your ex. You know in your heart what was the right thing to do and you acted on it. Good for you! Oh, me and the boyfriend are doing awesome. Financially we are good, mentally we are good, everything is great. I stepped away from "raising" his kids and let him enforce the rules and it has made it so much easier.

Nessa - time to update that ticker! I mean 174 is flippin awesome! Are you doing ww anymore or are you just following your trainers diet? How much longer are you planning on sticking with him? Sorry to hear about your mandatory gym buddy, lol. I like having a friend join me at the gym but I do not like talking to total strangers. In intentionally keep earphones on the whole time I am at the gym to avoid this contact, lol.

My afternoon is good. I am craving a burger so I asked the DBF to pick up ground turkey and will put some avocado on top. I might do a side of asparagus with it, not sure.

dancerindenver
03-14-2013, 07:53 PM
Lindy - really good question. I've started incorporating a few more non-grain carbs - a little more fruit and occasional a potato. I need to start testing my blood sugar's reaction to other things to see how sensitive I am. Should be interesting to figure out! Glad all is well with your guy - you looks so cute together in your FB pix. Your dinner plans sound yummy btw.

Planning on heading home on the early side tonight - need to catch up on sleep. Having trouble sleeping past 4am these days - such fun.

luckylindy
03-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Hey chickadees!

I have a really busy weekend planned so this is the last you will hear from me until Monday. I work both jobs today and tomorrow, have class tomorrow, 2 baseball games and then church on Sunday, oh, and special St. Patty's Day surprises for the kids. They plan to try and catch the leprechaun and I hear he might be sneaking around our house. :-)

On a super happy note, I am on the morning of Day 5 of my cleanse, so I have officially been on it for 4 days now and am already seeing results.

2 pounds down and 2.5 inches lost. :-) I will definately be updating my ticker.

Nessa131
03-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Congrats Lindy!!!!!! Thats awesome on the pound and inches!!!! Yes i am still doing ww. I havent been as strict here lately because of the inlaws. But i hope to be back to it now! I try to incorporate my trainers food plan along with ww as much as possible. He hates carbs and any breads. He also only.likes lean white meat protein. And he wants me eating NO dairy at all. He says that when you are trying to lose weight dairy makes it very difficult. So no yogurt or cheese or milk etc. Not even the fat free kind!!!!! And he hates salt and salad dressing. So im having a bit of a rough time right now......i want my cheeses and lemon juice on a salad......no thanks.....i need my light northern italian dressing! Lol

Well i hope you all have a great weekend!!!!

dancerindenver
03-15-2013, 10:41 PM
Hey girls! So my date tonight got cancelled as apparently the guy I was going to go out with met the perfect woman last night - oh well. I went running with a friend instead and am going to order some new running capris in medium instead of drowning my sorrows in a bag of doritos ;)

Lindy - congrats on the great losses - you rock!
Nessa - good luck with the food plan - sounds kind of tough but probably worth it.

burgundyrayne
03-15-2013, 11:53 PM
Hey girls, sounds like everyone is doing good. I'm still eating good and exercising. I was at 190.0 this morning, so close to the 180s I can taste it, lol. Its frustrating seeing that every morning but I'm not gonna give up.

We might have a birthday party to go to tomorrow but may end up skipping it, who knows. If we do go, no cake for me. Sunday church, we always serve a meal at church so I need to find something healthy to take. My sister in law always makes a ton of desserts and no one brings health food. There's always an abundance of food like fried chicken and pasta salads.
I'll try to do personals tomorrow. I did an hour and 15 minutes of just dance. Time for a shower and bed.

Nessa131
03-16-2013, 03:45 PM
Dance- hate that about your date.....but.you will find a perfect man one of these days!! And yea he's hardcore but its what i need! Hes on vacay this week so i get a slight break. I have workouts that he texts to us that we are going to do....but no weigh in and no food texting every day. So im a little lax on it.......i just hope it doesnt totally backfire on me!

Burgundy- i know what you mean about church!!! I used to love the pot lucks.....all of the ladies cook such great foods and desserts but now i have to look at it a whole different way!!!!! I hope you find something healthy to eat!!!!

burgundyrayne
03-17-2013, 11:36 AM
189 this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dancerindenver
03-17-2013, 12:13 PM
:dance: :dance:

burgundyrayne
03-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Gotta keep the scale moving. That's 6 lbs in 27 days. Gotta catch Lindy:-)

dancerindenver
03-17-2013, 02:02 PM
Oooooh - I sense some healthy competition! Seriously, all of you are doing so great - nice to see...

Had a great time shopping with my sis yesterday - bought lots of fun stuff - and enjoyed dinner with my folks. Good run yesterday so may walk with a friend today so that I don't get my knee hurting from running too many days in a row.

Off to costco - so exciting. Hope you guys have a great St Patty's day...

luckylindy
03-18-2013, 10:21 AM
I was so excited to pop in and see how well everyone is doing.

Burgundy - I am LOVING this competition between us because it motivates me even more. :-) Tit for tat, haha. On that note, take a little lookey at my ticker. Yep, down to 184! lol Way to go on your loss! I think we both finally found our zone. :-)

Dance - no love lost on the missed date. At least he didnt waste your time and still go through the motions when he knew nothing was going to come of it. Hopefully you get to do the same thing in the near future. :-) Once the weather get's nice you will be able to do picnics and other outdoor social events and who knows, maybe you will meet a cutie at one of those functions.

Nessa - yea, I believe in eating healthy but trainers are totally different, they are like, no indulgences, lol. I remember my guy and I was like "look, I'm not you, I am never going to be you, I think it is cute that you think I will eat like you but let's be real, tell me where we can meet halfway", haha, he was so surprised I even said that. Keep up the good work girly, little by little we are all getting closer to goal. :-)

I was suppose to go to the gym after class on Saturday but I was so tired. That means I only got in 3 workout days last week. I realized that I cannot skip my lunch workouts and think I will make them up any other time. My schedule just doesnt allow it. On that note, Monday through Thursday - gym time this week. I am off on Friday from work and we are doing a staycation at a local hotel. Oh, and in case no one read my post to Burgundy. Yep, I am down to 184. Really excited. I met my March goal with half a month to go. I am going to change my goal now to 180 by March 31st.

dancerindenver
03-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Lindy - woohoo! Way to go! you are killing it - I'm so impressed.

dancerindenver
03-20-2013, 01:43 PM
Hey girls! Date last night was okay - not awful but not great. I have another one lined up for Monday and a few other potentials in the works but nothing on the calendar yet.

No scale progress yet but back at 157 after floating up a pound or two for the last few days. Ready to make progress again! Am meeting a buddy for a walk after work today and got in a good run yesterday.

How are all of you doing?

luckylindy
03-20-2013, 02:25 PM
Hey Dance...

Keep us posted on the dating outcomes.

Everything is going well with me. There are two parts to the cleanse I am doing. I am on day 10, so tomorrow I move on to the next round, which is days 11-24. My results from the first part of the cleanse are as follows:

WEIGHT:
Before: 188
After: 184

THIGHS:
Before: 23.5
After: 23

WAIST:
Before: 35.5
After: 33

HIPS:
Before: 41
After: 41

CHEST/BACK:
Before 38.5
After: 37.5

Total loss in pounds: 4
Total loss in inches: 8

I am pretty excited with these results since it was less than 2 weeks. I move onto the next phase now and will keep you guys posted on the outcome.

I had to run errands at lunch and skipped the gym but I plan on going after work.

dancerindenver
03-20-2013, 05:58 PM
awesome results, lindy!

Nessa131
03-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Oh my goodness Lindy!!!!!! That is amazing on numbers from your cleanse!! And your not even finished!!!

luckylindy
03-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Hey girls.

Thanks for the encouragement. I spoke with my "accountability coach" yesterday (it's part of the cleanse) and she told me I wasnt suppose to lose any weight during the cleanse part, it is only suppose to rid your body of toxins and prepare you for your journey and extreme weight loss in days 11-24, so now I am pumped. :-)

Anyway, how has everyone been doing with eating and exercising? Ill be off to the gym in another hr and a half. Then Im off from work for the next 3 days, so I will not be checking in until Monday. Hope everyone has a fun weekend. Catch up later.

dancerindenver
03-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Hey girls! Still at 157 - *sigh* ready to move on to the next number as usual...
I think I have a potentially interesting date tonight - wish me luck! 6'2" and 43 - so a year younger and an inch taller than my ex ;) who by the way keeps IMing me but I'm playing it a bit cool - I've got other things going, right? Will logon later tonight to give you an update either way...

dancerindenver
03-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Morning, girls! I'm now 50 lbs down - woohoo! And, had an amazing date last night. Really great guy that I'm hoping I get a chance to know better. I am a happy girl today :)

burgundyrayne
03-22-2013, 11:14 AM
Sounds like everyone is doing great. I'm still trucking with good diet and exercise and am down to 188. My losses are slow but I'm happy. I'm getting ready to go pick up some applications for a small comic con, my hubby is going to set up a booth. Hopefully I can sell some jewelry there too. I'll check in later and do personals. Dance-i have to two lbs to go to be back at 50 lbs lost, yay.

dancerindenver
03-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Burgundy - great job! way to go!!

dancerindenver
03-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Morning, girls! The scale says 155 this morning :dance:

burgundyrayne
03-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Yay Dance, you made your goal early. I knew you would, you are awesome.

dancerindenver
03-24-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks, burgundy! :) So it turns out I'm much better at losing weight than I am at dating :( The guy I liked so much on Thursday (and thought at the time felt the same) hasn't been in touch like he said he would be - such a bummer. I sent him a short text this morning and haven't heard back so I doubt I'll be hearing from him. Oh well. So, to keep myself from turning to food for comfort, I'm going to go get a pedicure and finally get an iphone 5. I have another date tomorrow with a guy I'm not that psyched about but maybe the distraction will help. It would be so nice to find someone I could hang out with for a while...

ETA - finally got a response to my text - we'll see if that means we'll go out again - unclear at this point.

luckylindy
03-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Hey girls!

Wow...congrats Dance and Burgundy! The scales are all moving and that is what matters. Slow and steady wins the race. I cannot weight myself or take measurements again until day 24 of my cleanse so I will be a little behind in posting results. I am wearing a dress that I normally wear and it feels really loose so hopefully everything is going in my favor.

Dance - some guys try to play it cool when dating, hopefully he gets moving on setting up something soon. Keep me posted on the other date, I love living vicariously through you, lol.

Nothing major to report, I made it to the gym today and had a yummy lunch. Grilled chicken from KFC (on the run) and a side salad with lemon, salt and pepper...my new favorite dressing. I don't really crave sweet things anymore so I am liking what this cleanse is doing for me just in the realm of how I feel and how my body is reacting.

Ok, I was off from work on Friday so I have to play catch up. I will talk to you girls later.

Good job everyone!

dancerindenver
03-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Lindy - isn't it the best when you don't even want the sweet stuff anymore? Sounds like you are doing great. I'll post again tonight after my date - I have to say my expectations are pretty low for this one but maybe that's better ;)

dancerindenver
03-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Date was okay - of course with my luck he wants to go out again. I don't know if I can talk myself into it. Still hoping to hear from the other guy...

luckylindy
03-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Dance - if you werent feeling it, I wouldnt go on another date. In my intances when I was dating, I would force myself to keep going on a couple dates and it was a waste of time for both the guy and me. You will eventually click with Mr. Right. :-)

dancerindenver
03-26-2013, 11:59 PM
Latest developments - just connected with an old friend and colleague on match who I always thought was cute who recently divorced - we're making plans to get together - could be interesting...

dancerindenver
03-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Lindy - how's the cleanse going? Still no cravings?

Burgundy - are you working out like crazy? Any scale progress?

Nessa - everything going well with your trainer and diet tracking?

I'm working from home today and am loving it. Planning on fitting in a run in the sunshine late this afternoon....

luckylindy
03-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Hey Dance...cleanse is going well. I am actually past the "cleanse" part, it is now a lot of vitamins and meal replacement drink in the morning. Anyway, cravings are good, i really do not crave any junk at all, it is a nice change of pace from the previous diets I have done. I did want something "a little sweet" last night so I took some ripened bananas, added some uncooked rolled oats and mushed them together. Then you baked them on 350 for 15 minutes. They are my new love. Unfortunately, I love bananas and oatmeal SO much that I ate 5 of those cookies! While still healthy, way too much for the day. I also have been eating the blue diamond almonds like they are going out of style. Again, something very healthy but still bad for you if you cannot limit how much you can consume. My clothes are fitting better and I am dying to get on the scale but I cant until next week. I need to "rope it back in" this week and hopefully I will be good for the scale next week.

What is going on with the one guy who replied to your text (delayed)? And your old co-worker?

dancerindenver
03-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Lindy - your baked bananas sound yummy - bet they would be good with some cinnamon added.

Delayed guy is unfortunately MIA - that's okay though - lots of other options out there and there's always a chance that he might resurface. Timing is so tricky with online dating - you never really know what else is going on in someone's life.

Former co-worker guy and I are going out for drinks on Friday and I have another potentially promising drinks date tomorrow after work. Hard to stick to my calorie limits with so many drinks! ;)

Nessa131
03-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Hey everybody!!!! Congrats on the loses Burgundy and Dance!!!! Awesome Lindy on ur cleanse!!!! I need to do.one myself.

Sorry ive been.MIA. It seems like that is all i say any more. But my grandfather passed away on 1-22 amd then my hubbys nephew was found dead 3-16. They dont know if he did it himself or if he was murdered. The authorities wont release any info because it ia an open investigation so the family is just left in lingo....jot knowing anything right now! We have had to get family home from over seas before we could have the funeral. It also took the military a while before they released the body. So my life has not been fun!!!!

I have always heard it comes in 3's......... Lets hope it doesnt....... I cant handle another.one right now!!!!

Well even with everything and all the food etc....i have still lost. I am hovering around 173. Give or take. My trainer was on.vacay last week but i did the workouts he texted me....but he still is kicking my butt this week! Lol

My tat is tomorrow night at 7. I am so excited but scared to death!!! We shall see!!!

I hope yall had a good day and hopefully im back!!!

dancerindenver
03-27-2013, 10:33 PM
Nessa - hang in there, sweetie! I'm sorry it has been such a tough time for your family. Great job of sticking to plan when it must be so tempting to seek comfort with food. Will you post a picture of your tattoo afterwards (or maybe when it heals - I'm kind of unclear on this stuff)?

dancerindenver
03-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Scale is bouncing around a bit (like it usually does right after I lose a few pounds) but my tummy is looking flatter which is nice. How are you guys doing on the loose skin front? I think I've been losing so slowly that my skin has kind of had time to adjust - not sure if that makes sense. Same for you guys?

I have a date tonight with a super funny guy and then my former co-worker tomorrow - looking forward to both which makes a nice change ;) No exercise for me today but will try to run before work tomorrow.

How are you guys doing?

luckylindy
03-28-2013, 02:01 PM
Nessa - it breaks my heart to read about another tragedy in your family. I am so sorry. Try to keep your mind clear and keep pushing on in your accomplishments. If you can get over these hurdles with no gain, you can get through anything down the road. I too would love to see a pic following your tattoo. I promise that once you get it done, you will realize that the experience is not all that bad to begin with. :-)

Dance - excited to hear about the outcome of your two new prospects. :-) I always have a "pouch" when I lose weight. I think that was more from when I had a baby then with weight loss. I also am down a dress size but dont think I am down so much that I can see a major difference yet. My boyfriend said he could see a difference but we will have to wait and see with my before and after pics. I have stayed on plan but am using much more sodium than I am use to so I am slightly bloated. I am suppose to weigh in next week so when I do, I am going to lay off all sodium meals until after.

I got in my 4 days at the gym this week and wont be back until Monday but I stay crazy busy at my second job so hopefully that is a contribution to the scale moving. :-)

Nessa131
03-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Thanks dance and lindy!!! Im def. Ready for sunshine and rainbows! Lol my trainer has been killer this week so i dont think i have to worry about gains! But i havent stuck to plan perfectly either. So we shall see! Im so glad yall are both doing so well on losses and everything!!!

Im with dance on the loose skin. I think i have lost so slowly that i havent noticed too much.......but i still have my little pouch at the bottom of my stomach..... It will be interesting to see what happens with it.......

I would love to post my before and after pics of me and my tat.......but i havent been able to on my phone....... I can try from my tablet at home. But i would love for yall to see me! You can add me on facebook if you want.....i upload pics all the time on there! Its sad....i never get on a desktop machine anymore.......i use my smart phone for everything!!!! Lol

Well today at work has been crazy....but the hour is drawing near......7pm central time i will be in the hot seat!!!!! Im literally sick to my stomach thinking about it! Lol

Talk to yall soon.....and ill try to post a pic tonight......if yall know a way to post a pic from your phone.....let me know!!

dancerindenver
03-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Nessa - how did it go?

Scale is back to 155 which I'm happy about - now to get it to move to 154 by Monday! My date last night was fun and I'd happily go out with him again. Curious to see how tonight's goes - will jump on line after and let you guys know.

I'm planning on working from home for the afternoon and will fit in a run in between meetings. What's everyone else's exercise plan for the day?

Nessa131
03-29-2013, 03:21 PM
Dance- how awesome!!!! 155!!!! My scales said 172.0 this morning but i didnt eat much with work being.crazy and all. And our walking dead party is sunday so i hope i can still keep the scales.low....we will see!

I got a total douche bag for.an artist. But finally he did what i asked. It only took like 10-15 minutes. And it was pretty painful....but totally forgetable! My sis has pics but they wouldnt let her come back with me so she took pics from across the room. But it looks good. I absolutely love it! It feels like it is on fire but not inbearable! Now.....do i want another one? Not a chance!!! Lol

I hope yall are doing good and have a good weekend!

Nessa131
03-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Ok....hopefully the pic is attached!! He got the purple heart in the korean war so i did a purple heart that faded to blue. His favorite color. And the infinity sign for i love him infinity!!

My original idea was wayyy.too big and my artist was a total douche!

dancerindenver
03-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Nessa - Hmm - I don't see a picture - can you try uploading again when you get a chance? Sounds like you made a really nice choice.

I'm down to 154 today!!!! That's normal on the BMI scale - not overweight anymore - can't believe it :) Haven't been there since around 1999, I think. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes with the next few pounds - I hope they all come out of my lower stomach and not what's left of my boobs ;)

I went on the date with the guy I knew from before last night and it was pretty great. He's a genuinely kind person, super smart and a dedicated dad to his two girls. I loved talking to him and I think he could really grow on me with time - we'll see. Soooo much more mature than my ex.

I'm off to meet a few girlfriends for a walk and then I think I'll go get a pedicure as it's quickly becoming sandals weather here - mid-60s. Hope you all are doing well.

Nessa131
03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
Dance.... You are just on a roll!!!! Way to go!!!! That is amazing!!! I cant wait for the day i can say i am in normal range!! Lol but the pants a bought a few weeks ago are loose so i know even tho the scale ia moving extremely slow....the working out and eating right is workig!

Ok...im trying again on the pic! Hope it.works this time! Lol

dancerindenver
03-30-2013, 09:48 PM
Nessa - congrats on the loose pants! Love the tattoo - what a beautiful tribute - you are a very caring granddaughter :)

burgundyrayne
03-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Dance-you are so close to 150, congrats on a normal bmi. I can't wait to get there.

Neesa-love the tattoo and its sucks your artist was a douche. I have a great artist, he always makes sure its exactly what I want and if I need a break. He's done all 5 of mine. I want more, I'm thinking of getting bows on the back of my calves or one on the front of my left shoulder.

Lindy-sounds like your cleanse is going good. Staying busy should definitely help the scale.

I'very had kind of a free weekend with food but sticking to my workouts. I'll be right back on track Monday with food. I haven't gotten on the scale since Thursday. It was still at 188 so hopefully its still there on Monday. We are having a big meal after church tomorrow so I'm gonna control myself and try to stay away from all the sweets. Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter. I'll check back in on Monday.

dancerindenver
03-31-2013, 11:28 PM
Burgundy - hope you did okay with the meal after church!

dancerindenver
04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Morning, ladies!

So, I have another date tonight with the guy I know from before. Kind of nervous which I know is silly.

My (male) boss just asked me what I'm doing to lose weight - weird conversation ;)

luckylindy
04-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Hey girls....sorry I checked out for a couple days. I took a long weekend to get some spring cleaning done and have been going, going, going. Anyway, I am so proud of all of you. The scales keep moving and the clothes are getting loose! Woohoo.

I am DYING to get on the scale. My clothes are fitting loose and that is pretty exciting. I have been doing the gym 4 days a week and would like to incorporate some light work-out in the evenings, not sure what yet. I am eating extremely clean, just chicken, fish, fruit and veggies, but my kryptonite is flavored almonds, I have been eating WAY over the recommended amount and hope that it doesnt kill my results. :-)

Dance - interested to see how your date went!

Nessa- LOVE the tattoo, very pretty color. I have learned that tattoo artist treat "non-tattoo" people like crap. It happened my first time, and my friends first time but when you keep going back, it is different. How is it healing? What does the hubby think?

Burgundy - are you back on plan? I went off this weekend too, the Easter goodies were just too tempting. :-)

dancerindenver
04-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Lindy - nice to have you back! Congrats on the loose clothes - that's great news. Really, the scale doesn't even matter (although I'm sure you're dropping quickly)- it's how you look and loose clothing is a great indicator. Way to go! Almonds are better than most if you have to over-indulge a little ;)

Date went surprisingly well and we're getting together again tomorrow :) That will be my first third date this go-round in online dating so I'm making progress. Then I won't get to see him for about a week I think (he'll have his two daughters more days straight than usual).

Lindy - I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on getting together with a guy with kids - not sure if I'll end up dating this guy long term but it's a possibility. Was it something that worried you at all?

I rewarded myself with a new turquoise sports bra for reaching normal BMI - should arrive today - silly that I'm excited about it...

BillBlueEyes
04-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Oooops . . . This thread exceeds the magic limit of 500 posts. Would energetic soul start a new thread?

dancerindenver
04-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Thanks, Bill!

Gals - just created Weight Loss Buddies XI - let's post away there...