100 lb. Club - My first 10lbs gone gone gone.

View Full Version : My first 10lbs gone gone gone.

Lishar
07-31-2012, 12:31 PM
I know many of you are farther on your journey. I just have to jump a bit. My first 10lbs gone. Most of this was water weight but it still counts toward the total I need to loose. I just wanted to share this. My next goal will be 10 more lbs.

Elladorine
07-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Well, 10 pounds is significant enough, and certainly adds up over time! Way to go! :hug: :carrot:

HealthyMeWannabe
07-31-2012, 05:41 PM
Woo hoo! :cheer: That's great!!!!! You're on your way!

kelly315
07-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Congrats! It just keeps feeling better and better after this!

dancinginpaint
07-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Awesome! Go you! :)

LaurieDawn
07-31-2012, 09:27 PM
I keep telling myself this is doable in 10 pound increments. You got the first 10. Celebrate! Then tackle the next 10. Congratulations!!!!

Lishar
07-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks so much ladies. This means so much.

I had my first hurdle today. I went out to eat. I was nervous because it was burger place. Lucky I knew where we were going and looked online at the menu. I found a nutritional listing online and I was able to feel better about my choice. This helped me so much. I had half a turkey melt without the bacon/mayo. It was 580 before taking off the bacon and mayo. It came with a chicken cobb salad that I was too full to finish so that was dinner at 300 calories. All and all a success I think. I am still under my limit for the day. :-)

dancinginpaint
08-01-2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks so much ladies. This means so much.

I had my first hurdle today. I went out to eat. I was nervous because it was burger place. Lucky I knew where we were going and looked online at the menu. I found a nutritional listing online and I was able to feel better about my choice. This helped me so much. I had half a turkey melt without the bacon/mayo. It was 580 before taking off the bacon and mayo. It came with a chicken cobb salad that I was too full to finish so that was dinner at 300 calories. All and all a success I think. I am still under my limit for the day. :-)

This is great! I do that very same thing. I try to pick out what I'm having before I go and then I don't even have to look at the other tempting options... Keeps me in check too! :)

AwShucks
08-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Congratulations! 10 lbs is two 12-packs of diet soda on my scale. Now, that's a visual! Or, 1/4 bag of potting soil! That's quite an accomplishment. Keep up the good work!

pixiefalls
08-01-2012, 02:12 AM
That's great! 10lbs is well on your way to a healthier you! Congrats.

Dumplin
08-01-2012, 02:44 PM
Congrats to you ! You can do it. If I can do it anybody can do it !LOL

Lishar
08-01-2012, 03:17 PM
I am up 2lbs today so I should have waited to celebrate. Not sure why but I will keep trying. Water, under 1500 calories, and exercise. I know this will happen.

dancinginpaint
08-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I am up 2lbs today so I should have waited to celebrate. Not sure why but I will keep trying. Water, under 1500 calories, and exercise. I know this will happen.

I think if you wait to celebrate til the end this will make it a super long journey. Take every bit of loss and every bit of maintenance and run with it for joy. That way these gains won't be a big deal. Keep workin it! You can do it!

dervilfal
08-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Lishar don't discount your successes! Our weight fluctuates every day, celebrate you still have 8 pounds lost and just keep going forward! Good job!

Lishar
08-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Thanks ladies. I am in this for the long haul. I know there will be ups and downs. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

linJber
08-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Congratulations! The 2 pounds could simply be water from eating at a fast food joint yesterday! It can't be 2 pounds of fat. We go up and down every day. Hang in there and track from the first of the month to the first of the next month for a good picture of what is really happening.

Lin

Lishar
08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks. I think you might be right. I am also on my period so that does not help either. Darn hormones. :-) I am not too worried because I know my intake was not bad. This won't happen overnight.

healthyginger
08-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Congrats Lisha,
Just 5 wks ago I was where you are and was 1st happy with my weightloss of 10 pds , then I weighed couple days later up a pd. From then on I only weigh once a week and have always had some kind of loss. But I also keep track and celebrate a week of staying within my 1,450 cal, exercise daily, and water count. I "reward" myself with either a rented movie or a new book to read. I've now lost 22 pds. So just stick in & you'll make it-concentrate on all you do accomplish and the pds will follow. I recommend yo weigh only once a week before you eat or drink- after bathroom. Get a scale that show's once lost as well- just seeing that 4 oz. lost that 2nd wk helped me a little.