Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 02:49 PM   #1  

Default wondering if I have fibro?

Hi,

I've been feeling lousy off and on for a while, and am trying to figure out what is wrong with me. I already know I'm anemic, and am being treating for an underactive thyroid. But in the last few weeks, I've been getting more headaches and muscle pain in odd places. I had recently started exercising and had attributed it to that. But in the last few days, I've had pain in my hands and wrists, along with foot and ankle pains (both feet and both ankles). I"ve always had problem with fatigue as long as I can remember, but it's been worse, even though I've lost thirty pounds since late last year.

The more I read on the internet, the more scared I get. Sometimes having access to too much information is not a good thing!

I'm wondering if I should see my regular doctor-who is good, but not great, or look for some other type of physician-

Help! Any input would be SO appreciated.

Thanks so much!
Sherry
Old 04-05-2003, 11:40 PM   #2  

Angry Hello

You could have Fibromyalgia. You will need to go to your Dr. and get him to do the pressure point test. There are 18 points that they check. It could also be that your thyroid meds are not quite high enough. You should get it checked out. If your family Dr. doesn't want to diagnose you, ask to go to a Rheumatologist.

Here is some info for you. This is a fairly good FM site.

http://www.fmaware.org/fminfo/brochure.htm
Old 04-07-2003, 10:05 AM   #3  

It could be your thyroid meds are not the right ones for you, and not just that they are not high enough. Aches and pains can be signs of hypothyroidism. Check the about.com thyroid pages for top docs in your area. You may need T3 in addition to T4. It made all the difference in the world in how I felt once they gave me T3. The more my doctor monitors my blood levels and keeps my meds current with my thyroid levels, the more it is obvious my problem is a T4 to T3 conversion problem. When my meds are at the right level, I feel great, no joint pains or muscle aches, and I sleep like a log- something I haven't done well for a long time. I have read that they suspect a thyroid connection in fibromyalgia. I hope your doctor can figure out what will help you!
Closed Thread