Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 07/31/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 07-31-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning all! I have switched vitamins back to the IP ones from the clinic. I was feeling tired all the time. Hoping that this makes the difference for me. I would love to be full of energy! My DH is in the last 3 weeks of training for a sprint triathlon, so is busy, and needing to eat a lot. Sad, isn't it? Sigh. Actually, this means a lot to us, as he had cancer last year. I'm amazed he can even do it, and I worry he is pushing himself too far. But its a mental thing for him. A bucket list item. Mentally saying that he is "back" to normal.
He has my support and he can rock this thing!
Old 07-31-2012, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

good morning
Old 07-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #4  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning IPeeps.

Unfortunately, I'm up early with a headache.

Had a good safe trip up to the cottage. Got all settled in and relaxed, but had bad thunderstorms keep rolling through last night from just before midnight until after 4 this morning. As long as there is no damage, it's okay as we need the rain. We've planted some things here, but have not been here to water and it's just been too hot. They are struggling.

Was pleased to find favorite veggies at the store here for much cheaper than at home in the south, plus a large quantity of rhubarb, yippee. Rhubarb is not something easy for me to locate where I live. Too rural, no Whole Foods.

Too much walking on the foot yesterday. The boot helps, but is uncomfortable itself. Now, the foot is in a lot of pain. Just have to wait until they can take all the tests and scans, etc. At least being at the cottage distracts mw from the pain a bit.

Hope everyone has a great OP day.

Molly
Old 07-31-2012, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 278/247/178

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning all! I have switched vitamins back to the IP ones from the clinic. I was feeling tired all the time. Hoping that this makes the difference for me. I would love to be full of energy! My DH is in the last 3 weeks of training for a sprint triathlon, so is busy, and needing to eat a lot. Sad, isn't it? Sigh. Actually, this means a lot to us, as he had cancer last year. I'm amazed he can even do it, and I worry he is pushing himself too far. But its a mental thing for him. A bucket list item. Mentally saying that he is "back" to normal.
Good luck to your husband..a triathlon is an awesome goal!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:18 AM   #6  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all! Today is WI #14, boy time is sure flying by. I can remember when I first started and all the apprehension as to whether this program would work for me, then the elation of the weight "melting off". I have seen so many success stories since I started and I plan to be one more
Will check in later with my progress.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #7  

Good morning! Today is day 2.
I did an Intro post in the Intro thread if you want to know more about me

Yesterday went well. I can see it takes a concerted effort to get in 4c veggies/Day when you're not used to it. Today I'll add spinach to my morning smoothie.

I also plan to blend veggies into soups but my starter kit doesn't have enough soups for the week so I'll have to improvise.

I've spent a couple years getting myself off all the sweet stuff...desensitizing myself for the taste of sweet all the time (even Splenda). There are too many sweet things in my starter kit and not enough savory for my taste. I might call and see if I can trade some.

Last night I planned out my packets so I'd have a general idea of what I was eating for the week. Tomorrow I go to the farmers market for more veggies. We buy from farmers as much as possible, rather than stores. The food is so much fresher!

I've been reading about the Actifry and I'm deciding between getting one of those and a different countertop convection oven like I used to have. They are so versatile!

Okay, time to get off the iPad and out of bed. I had foot surgery in May and I start and end my day with my big toe in a traction device.

Here's hoping day 2 goes as easy peasy as day 1!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
THat is awesome! And to be ready for a triathlon after battling cancer is even better Takes strong body AND strong mind!

So it's T minus one day till my first weigh in! I'm really nervous, but I know I've dropped some weight - I put on a pair of capris yesterday that always gave me a little "muffin top" in the past...and they fit my waist now! Got fatigued again yesterday but it was later at night (around 8pm) instead of 4 in the afternoon - so I'm hopeful that it was just a "shrink spurt" that my body had to adjust to.

Today will be an attempt at doing all the baking that I meant to do on Sunday night, but fell asleep too early to start on Going to take the kids to my sister in law's first for a couple of hours to wear them out playing with their cousins!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:01 AM   #9  

Hope everyone has an awesome day!! Sun is shining here in Sask!! Gearing up for a family party this weekend for my in laws anniversary! I've got my packets and protein packed. I volunteered to bring a big veggie tray! It will be fun to get together with everyone! For once, food isn't going to control me or be the focus of the party. I can't wait I feel in control!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 258/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Good morning! Today is day 2.
I did an Intro post in the Intro thread if you want to know more about me

Yesterday went well. I can see it takes a concerted effort to get in 4c veggies/Day when you're not used to it. Today I'll add spinach to my morning smoothie.

I also plan to blend veggies into soups but my starter kit doesn't have enough soups for the week so I'll have to improvise.

I've spent a couple years getting myself off all the sweet stuff...desensitizing myself for the taste of sweet all the time (even Splenda). There are too many sweet things in my starter kit and not enough savory for my taste. I might call and see if I can trade some.

Last night I planned out my packets so I'd have a general idea of what I was eating for the week. Tomorrow I go to the farmers market for more veggies. We buy from farmers as much as possible, rather than stores. The food is so much fresher!

I've been reading about the Actifry and I'm deciding between getting one of those and a different countertop convection oven like I used to have. They are so versatile!

Okay, time to get off the iPad and out of bed. I had foot surgery in May and I start and end my day with my big toe in a traction device.

Here's hoping day 2 goes as easy peasy as day 1!
Welcome! I make homemade soups with fresh veggies all the time and it becomes so easy to get in four cups of veggies! You will love this diet, it really works if you follow it. I know that it has for me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post
Hope everyone has an awesome day!! Sun is shining here in Sask!! Gearing up for a family party this weekend for my in laws anniversary! I've got my packets and protein packed. I volunteered to bring a big veggie tray! It will be fun to get together with everyone! For once, food isn't going to control me or be the focus of the party. I can't wait I feel in control!
You got this!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Good Morning IPers~

Feeling great today. I have been trying not to weigh myself each week until WI day. Friday I started weighing myself every day and I find that keeps me motivated to not do my "little cheats".

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

dizzy - that's awesome that your husband is training - good luck to him!!

Morning, all! Hard to believe another Tuesday is here, and with it another weigh in. Hopefully this is my last one before breaking the 100lb mark.

And hope no one minds, but can I brag for a moment? Got a great picture of DH and me snapped over the weekend so I put it together with our starting one to check out the difference. Here it is!

Old 07-31-2012, 09:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/200.6/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
dizzy - that's awesome that your husband is training - good luck to him!!

Morning, all! Hard to believe another Tuesday is here, and with it another weigh in. Hopefully this is my last one before breaking the 100lb mark.

And hope no one minds, but can I brag for a moment? Got a great picture of DH and me snapped over the weekend so I put it together with our starting one to check out the difference. Here it is!

IPdivajen-

You Guys Look FABULOUS!!! Keep up the great work!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Those before and current pictures are very inspiring! You both look so great!
Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

mompattie, congrats on the Lululemom hoodie! They are supposed to be fitted, so you are good there! I really want one, but the sleeves are way too long on my T-Rex arms, so I resist.

Yesterday afternoon/last night I felt the worst I've felt since Day 2. Tired, nauseous, cold...it was brutal! Ate a Pure Protein bar for the carbs, licked salt off my hand, ate my dinner and took my vitamins & supplements, and went to bed. Read for a while and then turned out the light early. It was awful!

I feel pretty good today and my home scale is moving down consistently this week. I hope I won't feel like that again, but I'm glad I survived.

Just had my Crispy Cereal waffle, I'm roasting some broccoli and I need to get ready for work.

Woot! Have a great IP day, everyone!
Closed Thread