Atkins - Going back to "pure induction" foods tomorrow for 2 weeks

TiffNeedsChange
07-30-2012, 06:09 PM
I have decided that for the next 2 weeks I am going to go back to doing a pure induction. I think that my slip up a couple of weeks ago messed with me and since then I have been slipping non-induction foods into the mix (making my extended induction, a not so induction-y induction lol).

The first time that I did the 14 day induction was a bit rocky but I am definitely needing to clean up my eating. On occasion I have been sneaking a couple of berries here and there, a bite of melon, and nuts... which wouldn't be all that bad if I were in OWL but I really want to dedicate myself to an extended induction done the right way until I reach 197 lbs (no longer obese) then I will feel better about introducing new foods/chancing my weight loss slowing down. My weight loss has slowed since I have been "sneaking/cheating" so I am definitely not ready for the nuts or berries, though after this 2 weeks I may decide to hop into OWL extra 5g of veggies.

So, for the next 2 weeks (starting tomorrow) I will be doing a pure induction. No cheats, no sneaks (only hurting my progress), and I am going to more closely monitor my carbs instead of eyeballing. I am going to be sure to limit Splenda as well because I have noticed that I have been relying more heavily on that than I would like.

Anyone else with me? :^:

ghost
07-30-2012, 07:26 PM
I'll join you. I need to be strictly on plan for a few weeks to get that induction high back. I've been experiencing carb creep for weeks now. I too have been hitting the diet soda a bit too hard and maybe overdoing it on cheese servings. Eff...lol, seriously just ate like, half a wedge of brie while sitting here at my desk.

TiffNeedsChange
07-30-2012, 07:44 PM
WOOHOO, I am happy to have a partner, the more the merrier! "carb creep" great way to put it! LOLOL on the cheese muchies, cream cheese recipes seem to be the death of me. Even though I stay around 3-4 oz per day I am pretty sure they stall me, I am going to do no more than 2-3 oz cheese per day. Since you're a desk-muncher have you thought about making some kale chips/spinach chips and keeping them in a napkin lined container? I am thinking of doing that because lately I have been craving the crunchy carbs pretty strongly! For the sugar carb cravings it seems like I crave fruits more than anything (hence my fruit munching recently), not sure how to curb those and satiate myself... I have heard of eating some coconut oil but I have never been an "oil by itself" eater.

hatgirlie
07-30-2012, 11:18 PM
Good luck, you two! Lots of scrambled eggs with (no-sugar) hot sauce!

TiffNeedsChange
07-30-2012, 11:48 PM
Thanks hatgirlie :)
I love eggs cooked all ways.

Simona
07-31-2012, 01:18 PM
I've been thinking of doing "pure protein" for the rest of the week. Still struggling with carb cravings and they can be set off even by veggies believe it or not so I'm in with you!

ETA: I'll be posting my daily menu here - it helps me stay on track.

TiffNeedsChange
07-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Simona-welcome to the club, veggies triggering cravings must be so hard to deal with - I hope your plan helps . ;) posting menu is a good idea, think I will do the same!

ghost
07-31-2012, 03:43 PM
I was considering a fat fast, but my problem isn't really a stall its that I'm eating too many carbs I think. they just sneak up on ya!

Today my plan of attack is to get some hot wings for lunch (working...super busy) and for dinner I'd like to finally use up some of the beef patties I have in the deep freeze so I'll make burgers for my son and just eat the patties plain for me. I have some cabbage and cauliflower that need to be consumed before they go bad so I'm going to have to have veggie carbs...but...I love veg.

TiffNeedsChange
07-31-2012, 05:13 PM
I'm dealing with carb issue too. I made sure to measure out everything today so that I would be sure of my carb count. I've been thinking about making wings for a few days, might make some this weekend.
Today's menu:
B: 3 deviled eggs
L: chicken skin cracklins, and soup made with green beans, sauteed mushrooms, garlic & bell pepper, and chicken breast in chicken stock.
D: Baked chicken coated with pork cracklins&parmesean cheese, and a salad with olive oil

So far I've had 8 glasses of water and 1/2 cup of splenda sweetened orange koolaid

spanky
07-31-2012, 09:36 PM
I started Sunday and posted here on July chat, but no one seemed to be on the thread anymore. I'd like some company so here I am.

This is the evening of the 3rd day for me. So far, so good. I pledged to myself to truly give Atkins a try all the way. I mean, it's only 14 days, right?! I'm very curious to see what it could do to get me going again losing weight.

So far, it's really easy to drink enough, I'm, so thirsty! Breakfast is egg and tomato frittata, lunch is a big salad with chopped roasted chicken, dinner is steak and veggies with butter. How easy was that?

The challenge has been the after dinner snackies which I'm fighting with tea, and a slice of cheese...

spanky

TiffNeedsChange
08-01-2012, 01:07 AM
Hello and welcome Spanky!! Your menu sounds great. I think the July chat board is slow going but you're more than welcome here too. Have you checked out genaw.com? She has WONDERFUL low carb recipes, the Induction friendly ones are marked with an asterisk - just watch your portion sizes (she has all nutritional info listed). Glad you're doing well so far. I have realizedto that Atkins is a way of life that will give me more control, I hope it does the same for you.

Simona
08-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Day 1 of my Pure Protein phase:

B: 2 hard boiled eggs
S: 2oz Cheddar & 1 Pepperette
L: Parmesan Crusted Chicken
S: more Parm Crusted Chicken
D: Steak

Hopefully a few days like this & my carb cravings will disappear. I woke up every day this week starving & bloated! Ugh!

ETA: I was re-reading the book and Dr. Atkins does mention carb cravings from veggies if you eat them all at one meal instead of throughout the day and that's exactly what I was doing. I was eating them all during lunch and by 3pm I wanted junk! So after this protein phase I'll reintroduce veggies and be sure to spread them out throughout my day!

kjwready
08-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Hello everyone!! I also am planning on starting Induction. I've been doing Ideal Protein for two weeks and I'm not going to lie I hate it. I really don't like having to rely on packets of mystery stuff for a meal. I've done Atkins in the past successfully but gained the weight back because of my own stupidity and lack of control. I turn 30 on Saturday and really feel that it is time to get control of my weight.

I love reading about everyone's success, and slip ups. It helps to know that I'm not the only one out there trying to do this and having bumps in the road, and and it's so great to get motivated by others success.

Simona
08-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Hello everyone!! I also am planning on starting Induction. I've been doing Ideal Protein for two weeks and I'm not going to lie I hate it. I really don't like having to rely on packets of mystery stuff for a meal. I've done Atkins in the past successfully but gained the weight back because of my own stupidity and lack of control. I turn 30 on Saturday and really feel that it is time to get control of my weight.

I love reading about everyone's success, and slip ups. It helps to know that I'm not the only one out there trying to do this and having bumps in the road, and and it's so great to get motivated by others success.

Welcome! I love Atkins because I buy all my own food and Im not relying on pre-packaged foodstuffs. Im kinda familiar with IP - a girl at work did it for a while to fit into a bridesmaid dress and she too hated it.

I think many of us have slip ups because many of us are carb addicts and like any addict, it takes a few times in recovery to get clean.

Wishing you many successes!

sandyfanny
08-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Simona, thanks for the heads-up on the possibility that eating all of one's veggies at once may trigger cravings. I wonder if that's part of what's responsible for my after-dinner munchies. I usually eat my veggies at dinner; an hour later, I want something sweet. Hmmm...starting today at lunch, I'm going to have half my veggies at lunch and half at dinner. I'm also going to take my 2002 Dr. Atkins' book off the shelf and re-read it!

kjwready
08-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Welcome! I love Atkins because I buy all my own food and Im not relying on pre-packaged foodstuffs. Im kinda familiar with IP - a girl at work did it for a while to fit into a bridesmaid dress and she too hated it.

I think many of us have slip ups because many of us are carb addicts and like any addict, it takes a few times in recovery to get clean.

Wishing you many successes!

Thanks for the encouraging words. Great job of the 97 lbs lost!!

TiffNeedsChange
08-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Day 1 of my Pure Protein phase:

ETA: I was re-reading the book and Dr. Atkins does mention carb cravings from veggies if you eat them all at one meal instead of throughout the day and that's exactly what I was doing. I was eating them all during lunch and by 3pm I wanted junk! So after this protein phase I'll reintroduce veggies and be sure to spread them out throughout my day!

That definitely makes sense, when I space mine appropriately I do fine-hope that helps you curb those cravings. Have you ever tried pork rind crusted chicken? I made that last night (spicy pork rinds done in processor with a little grated parm)-you put the chicken in egg wash then coat with the mix and bake (or fry)... It turned out very yummy!

TiffNeedsChange
08-01-2012, 07:13 PM

WELCOME!! You are totally not alone! Carb addiction is a terrible thing. I can imagine that Ideal Protein would be hard to follow because of the "packets". I turn 30 next year and I feel the exact same way!! I wish you well on your induction :hug:

TiffNeedsChange
08-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs in butter
Snack: mock cinnamon toast crunch
Lunch: leftover pork rind/parm crusted chicken and salad with ranch
ETA: Dinner: 2 cans sardines, small side salad with spinach&spring greens, a few cherry tomatoes, 1/2 avocado+caesar dressing, and some kale chips

spanky
08-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Still going well, Day 4. At work they ordered in from Olive Garden, a fancy PASTA place. I was ready! I ordered chicken sauteed with broccoli, tomatoes, and asparagus and let everyone else eat the 72 breadsticks that came with. Everyone else is at least 20 to 30 years younger than I am, let them burn it off!

Feel like I won that round today! :joker:

spanky

TiffNeedsChange
08-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Awesome spanky, well done!

TiffNeedsChange
08-03-2012, 05:36 PM
How is "re"induction going for everyone?

I am hanging in there, feeling super hungry today for some reason so I will be making some flax crackers to snack on later.

spanky
08-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Spanky here, reporting my first Atkins weigh in results from 7 day's induction: I lost a whopping 4 pounds and an entire inch off my chest.

No cake passed my lips this weekend, despite 2 Birthday parties for my son. Losing the inch off my chest allowed me to wear an outfit that I hadn't ever worn since buying it. I was comfortable in it and felt wonderful! I'm going to remember that feeling as I go into week 2 today"

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"!

Off to do my excerise challenge!

spanks

sandyfanny
08-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Great, Spanky! Way to go on the birthday challenges!

TiffNeedsChange
08-06-2012, 12:46 AM
Awesome spanky! Good going resisting that cake and fitting into your outfit!

TiffNeedsChange
08-07-2012, 12:28 PM
SO far, so good. Had 4 medium scrambled eggs w/butter and a flax muffin. I am enjoying golden flax so much more than dark flax - much much less of a flaxy taste!

Lunch will be tuna salad on lettuce with cucumber.

Dinner: tbd

sandyfanny
08-07-2012, 01:18 PM
I wish I liked Golden Flax better. I've made several varities of the OMM; some are less "flaxy" than others, but the SMELL is awful. I can't bear the way they smell, especially when they're cooking and when they're hot. Anybody have the same reaction? Solutions?

luckylindy
08-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Hey girls....I hope you dont mind me chiming in, my group (sandy your in it, lol), is a bit slow moving and I like to read and hear experiences throughout the day.

I am on week two of induction. My first week brought a 10 pounds loss, but I am realistic that I will NEVER see that amount of loss in one week again, lol, so my goal is 2 pounds a week. Fingers crossed!

What is everyones goals?

OH and TIFF, what is mock cinnamon toast crunch? Sounds soooo good!

sandyfanny
08-07-2012, 02:36 PM
If you can average two pounds per week after your first week, you're doing great. At this point, my goal is to reach 204 by Labor Day. I'll have to work very hard since I never have a "whoosh" the first week - four pounds is the most I've ever lost in a week - and since I had a three-pound loss/then three-pound gain situation the first two weeks. Keep in mind, too, I was not a model Induction Atkins Chick!

Linsy
08-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I remember losing 6-10 pounds every week for the first month or two the first time I started, but keep in mind I was 17, almost 300 pounds and it was the first serious diet I'd ever been on...it started slowing down as I got lower. I'm trying to have more realistic expectations this time because I know 1-2lbs per week is still really really good.
I've lost 6lbs since starting induction 5 days ago and even though I don't notice anything I feel so much more confident already. We can do it girls!
Last night I needed groceries and I starving and my friend offered to buy me a pizza--I seriously considered it but then my roommate chimed in and offered to buy me a bunless burger and a salad. Love her!! I now have groceries so all is well. :)

Spanky- I work at Olive Garden and believe it or not they have some pretty good low carb options. I personally love the mixed grill sub potatoes for broccoli. You get two big skewers of steak, onions, chicken and peppers grilled with a rosemary glaze with a side of veggies and broccoli. Yum! I also like to get broccoli with alfredo sauce and grilled chicken. Be sure not to get the "chicken alfredo chicken" because it doesn't look like it's breaded but it is! Plus their salads are yummy as long as you skip the croutons. It can be hard staying on plan at work (we get free breadsticks and soup plus 50% off the entire menu while working and free fountain soda. GAH!) I like to think if I can pass that up I can pass up anything!

Plus, the breadsticks come frozen and shipped and we just toast them in the oven for 3 minutes, slather them in liquid margarine and sprinkle them in garlic salt where they sit for a long time in a hot box unless they're fresh. Totally not worth it!

luckylindy
08-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Linsy - I think I love you, lol. Thank you for breaking down the reality of Olive Garden breadsticks. They have always been a STRONG craving of mind and somehow, I dont have such a strong desire to want to ever eat them again. haha

On a separate note, Im really afraid the chinese food run I had at lunch, which I thought was GENIUS, was REALLY, REALLY bad. I was trying to look up the carb count for some of the things and this is where Im at:

Beef and broccoli and Chicken and broccoli: 10g
Egg foo Young:3g (I may have to have this again, like a lot, lol)
Spare ribs...now, this is where Im stuck. I grabbed about 5 skewers to munch on all day (finished them since my 11 am lunch, lol). They were dry, and had no sauce, but the "red" color made me question what fillers were in them. When I looked it up, it said 30, but that was with a "sauce". Grrr...I guess I just have to consider this a learning experience. I try not to eat out much for fear of hidden carbs but this time I screwed up.

Linsy
08-07-2012, 03:16 PM
It doesn't sound like you did too bad. Keep your head up! You're welcome about the OG tip, once you see them made they don't seem nearly as good. I used to have to be the breadstick girl in the kitchen occasionally and at the end of the night I'd be practically covered in liquid butter and I smelled like a burnt oven. The shirt I used to wear was practically brown (originally white) and I had to throw it away because I could never get the smell out haha.

TiffNeedsChange
08-07-2012, 05:25 PM
Hi luckylindy! Everyone is welcome :) I like to check throughout the day too. Mock cinnamon toast crunch is pork rinds, cinnamon&splenda, and cream mixed w/water (genaw.com has the recipe).

I hope that everyone is doing well!

Sandyfanny-I still have issues with the smell of the flax muffin and a slightly funny taste but I am working through it (I put some lemon extract in and omitted the cinnamon this morning).

TiffNeedsChange
08-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Linsy-I am amazed at your previous weight loss success. What rung did you eventually work up to while still losing weight?
Thanks for the low down on Olive gardens options and the yucky breadstick info lol.. bread is my downfall usually.

luckylindy
08-07-2012, 05:37 PM
Oh my gosh Tiff! I am SO going to make that for breakfast tomorrow, I have been needing some sort of alternative to eggs and that sounds perfect! Yum!

So, whats the dinner plans tonight? Me...Chicken Cobb Salad, extra egg, hold the tomatoes and bleu cheese dressing. Ill catch up tomorrow, until then...good luck for the rest of the evening. :-)

Linsy
08-07-2012, 05:44 PM
Tiff, thank you so much! I was on Induction the entire time, though I did eventually add small amounts of almonds and I would occasionally have Greek Yogurt and carb smart ice cream as a treat.

TiffNeedsChange
08-10-2012, 12:41 AM
Okie dokie! I am proud of myself today.
Breakfast:3 fried eggs, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 roma tomato
Snack: spicy pork rinds
Lunch: 3 meatballs w/spinach &tomato sauce
Dinner: egg salad wrapped in lettuce, and avocado/cucumber/green bell pepper/sugar snap pea salad w/ranch

canadianwoman
08-10-2012, 09:50 AM
On a separate note, Im really afraid the chinese food run I had at lunch, which I thought was GENIUS, was REALLY, REALLY bad. I was trying to look up the carb count for some of the things and this is where Im at:

Beef and broccoli and Chicken and broccoli: 10g
Egg foo Young:3g (I may have to have this again, like a lot, lol)
Spare ribs...now, this is where Im stuck. I grabbed about 5 skewers to munch on all day (finished them since my 11 am lunch, lol). They were dry, and had no sauce, but the "red" color made me question what fillers were in them. When I looked it up, it said 30, but that was with a "sauce". Grrr...I guess I just have to consider this a learning experience. I try not to eat out much for fear of hidden carbs but this time I screwed up.

My favourite chinese food meal is egg drop soup. The restaurant I buy it from puts a few mushrooms and some green vegetables in it and I think it is 2 carbs for the whole bowl. It is very yummy and quite filling.

luckylindy
08-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Tiff...I dont know WHY I forgot about egg salad but you just gave me an idea for lunch! Yum! I used to eat egg salad like it was going out of style, lol.

That sounds like a really good food day. What phase of Atkins are you on right now? Ill be wrapping up induction on Sunday but I was thinking about extending it one week because I hopped on the scale today (I shouldnt have, but my jeans were tight and I wanted to make sure I hadnt GAINED weight)...and well, I didnt lose anymore this week. :-( Ill weight myself again tomorrow which is my official weigh in day but Im sure there is not going to be a magic number, lol. Its ok, Im still 10 pounds lighter than I was last month and I heard that you dont start losing inches and your clothes feeling looser until the 3rd and 4th weeks because thats when your body starts to feed off the fat. *shrugs sholders* I guess.

Have youhad any set-backs recently? I feel like I want sweets A LOT, Ive been doing my mock cheesecake...creamcheese and splenda; along with your cinnamon toast crunch (not bad, but I cant have a lot of it)...and I wonder if these alternatives for my sweet cravings are impacting my weight loss? Hmmmm.

luckylindy
08-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Canadian - thanks so much for the suggestion! I could totally do egg drop soup. I really need some eating out alternatives. Im not really the cook in the family, and my other half is working with me on the atkins diet but only in moderation, so it really is "fend for yourself" most days. :-?

canadianwoman
08-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Canadian - thanks so much for the suggestion! I could totally do egg drop soup. I really need some eating out alternatives. Im not really the cook in the family, and my other half is working with me on the atkins diet but only in moderation, so it really is "fend for yourself" most days. :-?

Egg drop soup is also a really good quick meal for at home too. I learned to make it myself and I add some lowcarb vegetables to it...like sliced mushrooms, celery, baby bok choy and sometimes a handful of baby spinach. I live with a 22 year old carb addict (my youngest son) so I often fend for myself otherwise I might end up eating his crap and I would rather not do that.

TiffNeedsChange
08-10-2012, 03:22 PM
Tiff...I dont know WHY I forgot about egg salad but you just gave me an idea for lunch! Yum! I used to eat egg salad like it was going out of style, lol.

That sounds like a really good food day. What phase of Atkins are you on right now? Ill be wrapping up induction on Sunday but I was thinking about extending it one week because I hopped on the scale today (I shouldnt have, but my jeans were tight and I wanted to make sure I hadnt GAINED weight)...and well, I didnt lose anymore this week. :-( Ill weight myself again tomorrow which is my official weigh in day but Im sure there is not going to be a magic number, lol. Its ok, Im still 10 pounds lighter than I was last month and I heard that you dont start losing inches and your clothes feeling looser until the 3rd and 4th weeks because thats when your body starts to feed off the fat. *shrugs sholders* I guess.

Have youhad any set-backs recently? I feel like I want sweets A LOT, Ive been doing my mock cheesecake...creamcheese and splenda; along with your cinnamon toast crunch (not bad, but I cant have a lot of it)...and I wonder if these alternatives for my sweet cravings are impacting my weight loss? Hmmmm.

I am doing induction. I did the 2 weeks of induction back in July but I kept nibbling on non-induction foods so I decided to revamp it and go full on induction for 2 weeks. Honestly I had a slip up this weekend and ate a piece of french bread which made me feel terrible! No more of that!! I do have set-backs and struggles... mostly because I cook for my family and touching/preparing their foods sets off cravings. I am going to move on to OWL Rung 1 next week. The one thing that has helped me is eating small amount of different veggies instead of eating a large amount of 1 or 2 veggies.

Have you been keeping a close eye on your carbs? I was starting to have a carb creep- where I was eating close to 25-30 carbs per day unintentionally. I limit my artificial sweetener now (before, I was eating up to 5 packets of splenda per day-not good) the most sweetener I will have per day is 3 packets or less. You may be stalling from eating cheese and cream cheese (these have been known to cause stalls), or sugar alcohols/atkins bars and shakes. You may want to make sure you're spacing out your veggies thru the day and maybe try a few days sweetener free (that helped me).

This morning I made myself a One Minute Flax Muffin (chocolate flavored! I'll post that recipe later, it had a good bit of Torani syrup and a few sugar free chocolate chips) because I have been wanting to have something chocolate (TOM, gah) while keeping it as close to legal as possible. I have found that if I am on plan and doing well, I will allow myself the occasional treat (artificial sweetener style) and that does not impact my losses BUT as soon as it becomes a regular thing (say daily instead of every few days) then I stall out. I have also read that some people lose faster on OWL Rung 1 or 2 than they do on Induction - it really depends on your body. Maybe you're bloated or close to TOM?

You're right about losing inches in weeks 3 & 4, that is when my measurements plummeted and my clothes started to feel looser. I guess the main reason I did an extended induction is because my creeping in nibbles (berries, nuts, etc. I am not ready for Rung 2 for sure!)here and there caused some major cravings. How often are you eating the mock cheese cake and cinnamon toast crunch?

ETA: Maybe you could make yourself a crock pot meal to last you for the week, or do a protein and have salads with it for the week. I have to do this for myself since some days I make meals that I cannot eat since the boys need a treat a couple times/week. I also eat at different times than them for the most part.

Today I had the chocolate One Minute Flax Muffin for breakfast
Lunch was egg salad on spicy pork rinds and my leftover veggies dipped in ranch
Dinner will be crockpot salsa chicken with veggies on the side

luckylindy
08-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Tiff, thanks for all the suggestions, they are definately good ones! I think I may have to limit splenda to one day a week because last week I didnt do any splenda and this week, I have one packet every day, but thats it. I only drink water and almost 2 gallons a day so Im not sure.

Tonight we are having sausages for dinner, with some deviled eggs, yummo! I may have to pick up an avocado too, Ive been craving it.

Any plans for the weekend?

TiffNeedsChange
08-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Sounds like a good dinner! The avocado is good for getting you some potassium. I have a baby shower to go to tomorrow, kid free Saturday night so I will probably rent a couple of movies. Nothing too interesting haha! How about you?

TiffNeedsChange
08-11-2012, 12:21 PM
The scale is finally moving!!! 244 :D

luckylindy
08-13-2012, 01:37 PM
Congrats Tiff! I wish I could say the same! No weight loss for me this week and I am now onto the next phase. How much weight loss was that from the last time you weighed in?

I dont really get on here on the weekends so we had a busy Saturday going to the farmers market, the marina for lunch, then the Batman movie in the evening. Sunday was a rainy day here in Florida, so we just stayed in all day. I "fell off the wagon" as a result of being home all day. :-( I ate a raspberry cheesecake bar with graham cracker crust, and then, since I screwed up there, I figured "oh well" and ate half a jar of homemade blackberry jam and a PB&J sandwich. Ugh. Shameful. How bad do you think this is going to hit me? Weight gain, no loss at all? I am so foreign to Atkins, its still a learning curb for me and I have the oldest version of Atkins, which does not cover some of these modern day foods or slip ups.

TiffNeedsChange
08-13-2012, 02:25 PM
That was a 4good pounds loss because TOM shot me up to 258/259 but from my last true weight it was a 1 lb. Loss -of so with that I figure I lost 3-4my lbs water weight and hopefully 1it pound of fat... just a guess though.
Sounds like a great weekend! How was the Batman movie? I definitely want to go see it!

As far as your slip up, it is hard to say what your scale will show but it is unlikely that you gained much fat from that, you will most likely see a water weight gain though. The water weight will go away after a few days to a week.

The first time that I cheated, I have 3 slices of pizza and did not gain anything but stalled for about 5 days. The second time I cheated I don't remember everuthing I ate but it was a bit worse than the first and I gained 4 pounds water weight which came off after 5 days of (re)induction. Don't let the lack of loss get you down! I don't lose consistently either but it seems I usually lose 1-2 pounds at a time or nothing at all!

I am looking forward to the next few phases for sure - the variety will be nice. I am in OWL Rung 1 right now. For 1-2 more weeks.

luckylindy
08-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Batman was great, loved the ending. I still think the Joker movie was the best in my opinion but this was just as good. The Director said he is not making any more so Ill be interested to see how they carry on the trilogy. I think so far ahead with these things, lol. I want to see the campaign movie with Will Ferrell next, that looks funny.

Thanks for history on your struggles and loss, it helps. I know everyone is different and I am ok with that, I just want to make sure I know what to expect. If I am expecting the scales to go up, I am less likely to get frustrated, ya know?

So, what was on your menu today? Do you mind if we exchange menu's, I would like to see what you are up to.

Breakfast: 1 fried egg in butter, 2 johnsonville sausage pattys
Lunch: (I had to eat out due to a time crunch with running errands) KFC grilled white meat chicken - 2 pieces, a cup of green beans, and sadly to say...Pepsi Max. I think I am coming off of my "sugar high" and my body was crashing hard at that point, so I needed a pick me up (which really didnt pick me up).
Snack: pepperjack cheese, 2 oz.
Dinner: shrimp scampi

Oh, speaking of shrimp scampi. I just read that endless shrimp is back at Red Lobster....god help me, lol. I think I am ok though because the only thing I ever eat there is the shrimp scampi, so that might be a good option to eat out? Ill have to look into it. I dont like ANY of their sides and as long as I tell them no bread, I should be good, lol. Is it scary that I am looking forward to stuffing myself with shrimp till I get sick? *scratches head* Hmmmm.

TiffNeedsChange
08-13-2012, 05:36 PM
The Joker movie is by far the best (that I've seen so far, anyway).

I don't mind sharing menus at all. Your menu sounds great, minus the Pepsi max LOL
breakfast: One Minute Flax muffin w/lemon extract
lunch: leftover low carb pizza (I had it in the freezer: green bell pep, pepperoni, blk olives, spinach, onion, made some low carb pizza sauce, and did the egg&mozzarella crust). Next time I am going to try the cauliflower crust. Small salad w/caesar.
dinner: pan seared salmon with snow peas & butter
snack: spicy pork rinds

I LOVE shrimp scampi.... I just might go to Red Lobster and check it out haha. Really, filling up on the shrimp scampi shouldn't hurt.... and I can't say anything about looking forward to pigging out because I do that too!! I have never tried their biscuits but as soon as I move along on the ladder, I found a low carb Red Lobster biscuit recipe that I will make before going and bring with me (so that I am not tempted).

TiffNeedsChange
08-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Todays menu:!
B: 3eggs & breakfast sausage
L: leftover seafood and okra gumbo
S: pork rinds with oz sour cream w/green onion and shallot
D: seared salmon in olive oil and snow peas sauteed in sesame oil w/shallots and ginger, 2 cream cheese clouds
S: 1/2 avocado with white pepper, salt, and coconut oil on it

Colliea21
08-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Way to go! The cheese clouds sound delish, what are they??

TiffNeedsChange
08-15-2012, 01:56 AM
The recipe is on genaw.com... basically they are cream cheese and butter with some sweetener and extract if your choice. I made strawberry ones but this weekend i am going to try to concoct some pina colada ones :) I froze mine but they are better after thawing for 10 minutes.
eta: i hope you're doing well :)

luckylindy
08-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Hey Tiff....sorry I checked out yesterday, I was working the elections and it was a busy day. Anyway, the cheese clouds sound yummy. You are so good at thinking outside the box. I really need to start switching up my recipes. Ill post my menu from yesterday and then today....

Yesterday (I ate - A LOT):

3 fried eggs in butter and two pieces of bacon
tuna with mayo and a few onions, stuffed in a red pepper
grilled chicken with avocado on tom
white lightening chili - chicken and white beans (only 1/4 cup)
grilled chicken with cheddar cheese
2 slims jims (high in sodium and I normally dont eat them but it was better than a bag of chips out of the snack machine).

TODAY:

Funny story...we lost my 3 lb chihuahua this morning, I normally check under the pillows because that is where she decides to hide but this time she wasnt there. Since I got home so late last night and was EXHAUSTED, I was afraid I accidentally let her out. Long story short, I finally found her in the bathroom with the bathroom trash on top of her! Poor baby. One of the kids threw candy wrappers in there and she sniffed it out. Anyway, the point of this story is I was 30 minutes late to work and skipped breakfast...something I NEVER do.

So, on that note...I surely filled up at lunch. I went to steak and shake.

Jalapeno double cheeseburger- pepperjack cheese, jalapeno peppers and a small bit of salsa.
THEN - a double cheeseburger with cheddar. No buns on either.
THEN - a small side salad with bleu cheese dressing.

We are habing tilapia for dinner but I am not sure what to have with it? I already ate my veggie helping for the day, which I normally save my greens for dinner time. Hmmm. I have a lot of pork rinds at home, any suggestions on how to put a twist on them? I dont mind pork rinds but I always feel like a piece of lard is stuck in my throat - ew, sorry, didnt mean to gross anyone out, lol. So I need something to "break it up".

TiffNeedsChange
08-15-2012, 03:15 PM
Hey Lindy! Sounds like you've been super busy! Omg, I laughed so hard at your chihuahua being stuck in the garbage! I know the feeling of "uh oh, did I leave the dog out all night?" I've done that before!

Your day yesterday sounds like mine, I ate a lot too... and I had to skip breakfast because I was running late for physical therapy!

Hmm, so many pork rind possibilities. You can make them into breading for your tilapia by putting them in the food processor, mix w/a little parm cheese and seasonings. Roll your fish in egg wash or mayo and then the rind crumbs then bake. Or.make cinnamon twists by melting butter and drizzling on the rinds then sprinkle some cinnamon splenda on it. I think there may be a "pork rind stuffing recipe" flyng around the web too.
you could also make a savory flax muffin to go with your tilapia. A little salad probably wouldn't hurt eventhough you've had your max (iceberg is mainly water and very few carbs).

My food:
Lunch: chicken wings and salad w/ranch
Dinner: seared pork chops, green beans, salad w/caesar
Snack: not sure yet

luckylindy
08-15-2012, 05:11 PM
I think I might due the melted butter with cinnamon splenda...that sounds yummy. I might also try your dip with sour cream and onion, after I read back your post, I was like "oooh" - haha.

Ok, so I see you have green beans on your menu. Do you eat fresh green beans or canned green beans? I am so weird but I love both. I mean...fresh is good with some butter and parm. cheese. But canned is just as good. I think I will do a salad as my side too. Ive decided that for lunch tomorrow I am going to make chicken salad...with green olives and some peppers...maybe some jalapeno. Ill be leaving work shortly but Ill check in tomorrow. :-)

Are you doing any exercise? If so...what and how much?

TiffNeedsChange
08-15-2012, 07:19 PM
I buy canned green beans mostly (unless I find some really fresh ones at the store or in my dad's garden lol). I love cooking my fresh greens beans this way: Cook some bacon until crispy, remove the meat and saute some onion and garlic in the fat till clear then add some cubed ham and brown, then add a little water, your green beans and some cubed fresh sweet potato (guess that part will have to wait until later in the rungs lol) cook until soft. The sweet potato breaks down a little and creates somewhat of a sauce.

Chicken salad sounds yummy... as a side note, I "discovered" some smalls cans of chicken near the tuna a month or two ago and when I don't have time to cook/pull apart a chicken I dump a drained can of chicken onto my salad. I bought some to keep in my locker at nursing school since my hours are funky this semester.

I am in physical therapy for core strengthening (hips, glutes, abs), and for my ankles/feet (I have posterior tibial tendon dysfuntion)... those exercises and stretches take about 1 hour per day. Other than that I swim 1-3 times per week, and ride a stationary bike at the gym maybe 1-2 times/week. Because of my foot condition I am not allowed to walk/run/jog/jump for exercise. I am hoping that soon I will be able to start lifting weights ( as soon as the carpal tunnel improves). Haha reading that makes me sound like a walking medical dictionary of issues!

I guess the short answer would be: 1 hour/day of physical therapy, on days that I don't get an hour of that in I will clean my house, go swimming, or ride a bike. I only started exercising again a couple of weeks ago after a long hiatus due to pain.

What kind of exercise do you like to do? How often do you exercise? Oh, and congrats on your loss so far!

luckylindy
08-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Tiff - I love your recipe ideas, it really helps, thanks! I might do the green beans this weekend, yum.

Sounds like you get in quite a bit of exercise. I usually do a 30 minute bike ride every morning...its a little over 3 miles, not a stenuous pace but I come home sweating. Im going to change it up starting next week and use my lunch break to go to the gym for 40 minutes. I feel I need to help with my bingo arms, lol.

Anyway, the meals for today:

2 fried eggs in butter, 3 pieces of bacon
An Arnold Palmer zero - I really need to research this because based on the ingredients, it looks like I can have it and I do - once a day, but I wonder if it is stalling my weight loss?
6 deviled eggs (for throughout the day)
I am extra hungry today so I just ate 6 mini slim jim sticks
A chicken burger with feta and black olives minced inside
Half an avocado
Maybe some other meat, but Im not sure yet

I agreed to bring my grandmother to Bingo tonight, lol, which I am dreading because all those ladies eat is cake, cookies and soda. I will have to make sure I am disgustingly full before I walk in to ensure I do not eat out of boredom. :-/

TiffNeedsChange
08-16-2012, 09:54 PM
That sounds like a good day! I hadn't heard of the plamer zeros, I'll check that out. I love kitchen experiments, happy that I can help :)I think bike riding is wonderful exercise, adding the gym some days is good too. When is your next weigh in?
I lost another 2 pounds! We will see how I do tomorrow tbough because I had a bit of salt today.

My menu today:
B: 1 choc chip flax muffin, 5 slices thin bacon
L: fresh pork cracklins made by some cajun restaurant and a salad
D: 2 chicken legs baked w/olive oil, kale sauteed in olive oil/butter mix w/onion, shallot, and garlic, broccoli w/melted butter and cheese
Snack: may be some pumpkin flax cookies depending on how my kitchen experiment goes to tonight... I drafted a possible recipe earlier today, wish me luck! Lol

Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

JerseyGyrl
08-17-2012, 06:26 AM
An Arnold Palmer zero - I really need to research this because based on the ingredients, it looks like I can have it and I do - once a day, but I wonder if it is stalling my weight loss?

LuckyLindy,
Based on the ingredients, I'd be leery of the Arnold Palmer Zero since it contains pears, juice from concentrate
If you're stalling, this could be the culprit.
All the best to you!!

Tea Black, Water Filtered, Lemon(s) Juice from Concentrate, Pear(s) Juice From Concentrate, Citric Acid, Flavor(s) Natural, Vitamin C, Malic Acid, Sucralose (Splenda Brand) , Acacia Gum

luckylindy
08-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Thanks Jersey...I creed in other forums and always see how helpful you are, I wanted to send you a message but didnt want to freak ya out. :-) I appreciate you posting so much, it helps. I am very frustrated with the Atkins diet right now, not losing, I hope it changes next week. :-(

JerseyGyrl
08-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks Jersey...I creed in other forums and always see how helpful you are, I wanted to send you a message but didnt want to freak ya out. :-) I appreciate you posting so much, it helps. I am very frustrated with the Atkins diet right now, not losing, I hope it changes next week. :-(

Hi Lindy,
Message me anytime you like....you won't freak me out;) I'm happy to help if I can:)

luckylindy
08-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Tiff - have you used Ketosis sticks in your weight loss? I hadnt intended on using them but due to the scale not moving and the clothes fitting the same, I needed some sort of reassurance. Especially since Ive been drinking the Arnold Palmers and maybe shouldnt have been. That being said, I am in moderate range of ketosis, this has made me happy for the day and reassured my choice in Atkins. :-)

How are things going for you?

luckylindy
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
OH, and my food for the day:

10 devil eggs (dont judge me - haha)
2 slim jims minis
half an avocado
one slice of bacon
2 chicken burgers with feta and black olives
I need to get my greens in somewhere, so maybe Ill have a salad or some green beans after my burgers.

I decided to check my calories and it doesnt look like I am getting enough in, which is crazy because I am having to force feed myself what I am eating. Maybe this is hurting my diet? I am suppose to eat 10x my body weight, which would put me in the 1800 range. Hmmmm.

TiffNeedsChange
08-17-2012, 08:33 PM
No Ketostix here, partially because I haven't had the extra money and partially because you don't "need" them. That said, I really want to buy some when I can, just out of curiosity. Good to know that you're in ketosis, hope that helps you to not be discouraged!

Things are going pretty well for me. Though, today my ears started ringing and I got a little funny feeling in the head and fluttery in the chest when I got hungry. 30 minutes after I ate it went away... I think I need to up my veggies a little. I was a little late with eating lunch so I am thinking that had something to do with it.

Hmmm.. are we really supposed to eat 10X our body weight? I definitely don't eat that much!! I know what you mean, I am eating a lot but a lot on Atkins is nowhere near what I used to eat (and still be hungry lol).

I can provide 1 critique - when you say 10 deviled eggs do you mean 10 whole eggs deviled or 10 halves? 10 eggs have about 5 carbs, then you're eating feta cheese on top of it which might be causing your carb sources to be imbalanced? I'm not sure if it makes that big of a difference. When I was eating too much sweetener I didn't lose weight. BUT I do eat between 3-8 eggs per day usually (most times 3-5) and they don't effect my losses. Also, when you eat the avocado are you pairing that with protein?

TiffNeedsChange
08-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Oh and my menu for today:

B: 3 eggs scrambled in butter, 1 pumpkin flax cookie, 1 cup black coffee
L: pork chop and salad with ceasar dressing
D: Large spinach and romaine salad with blue cheese dressing, roasted marinated pork loin and sauteed kale

luckylindy
08-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Tiff - when I saw 10 devil eggs, I mean halves, so really...5 whole eggs. The feta burgers have a small amount of feta, about a tbsp. IDK???

I am going to do a no sweetner at all week and see how that affects my weight loss. I have several people telling me how it looks like I have lost weight so I may start doing measurements next week if I still see no changes on the scale. I understand that sometimes it is not about the numbers but really, you dont see my fellow girlfriends who are super petite, weighing 186, even if it is "shifting", its one fat going from another fat area. Ok, I'm done bellyaching, lol, I will get my crap together this week and see how it goes. The good news is that I didnt cheat.

My menu so far, not sure what I am doing for lunch or dinner:

2 eggs fried in butter, 2 pieces of low sodium bacon
2 devil egg halves, 3 slim jims

CIELOARGE
08-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Hi ladies! Do you mind if I sneak in?? :o

I am on day 6 of induction and felling so good that I can't explain it!
No cravings, no heaches, no nothing! I've been extremely good without any effort... I've been depriving myself of full fat all these years and now I can finally feel the difference! More energy, not ever hungry and my calories are around the same than when I used to do "low fat - low calorie" but I am not going crazy... It's just amazing!

I have 't told anybody what I am doing yet but they are all noticing the difference already specially on my face and gut :dizzy: Yesterday my husband wanted to go to Spaghetti Factory (our favorite place!!) So I ended up ordering a roasted chicken breast that comes with spaghetti but needless to say I didn't even touch it. Just ate my chicken and the salad that I ordered with dressing on the side. I wasn't even tempted by the bread with butter which is my favorite part lol.

Anyways... I'm being too cheesy :carrot: but I am just so excited that for the first time ever I am able to stick to a plan without going nuts and without giving up!! I haven't weight myself yet because I am waiting until the end of the first 2 weeks.

My normal manu goes something like this:
B: 4 egg white omelet with cheese, turkey or spinach
L: any kind of meat with salad or oopsie sandwich
D: Meat (or fish) with green veggies
S: Cheese sticks and my ultimate favorite Strawberry jello with a little bit of whipcream!!! Yummy!!!!
I also boiled a bunch of eggs and keep then handy for when I am hungry.

luckylindy
08-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Cie - thats amazing! So happy it is going so well for you! I hope the scale gives a big "Whoosh". :-) It sounds like you have a nice balanced meal.

What are your plans for exercise? Do you have any goals to look forward to?

I nee to update my menu, here it is:

ANOTHER slim jim
2 junior whoppers with no bun or ketchup (Burger King)
1 double cheeseburger with no bun or ketchup (Burger King)
Chicken broth
Chicken breast

*Today was an exception because my goodness, I am HUNGRY...thus the burger overload.

TiffNeedsChange
08-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Lindy-the sweetener could definitely be the culprit, salt seems to mess me all up. Lol I though you meant halves but hey, ya never know! ;) mmm burger king burger. (Edit to add) I know what you mean about petite friends making you feel big-so many people I know are tiny, standing next to them makes me realize how much bigger i am! You've come a long way though, keep up the good work and things will happen for you.

Welcome cielo-glad you're feeling good on the plan! Atkins definitely works for me unlike any other diet!! Your menu sounds great.

I had a crazy busy day, I woke up with a terrible sore throat and my son is sick too. Today was my first day back to nursing school and we had a test! I ended up eating an atkins bar for breakfast and one for a snack (those things really don't keep me full long), then I got beef , with broccoli for lunch, snack was 2 mint chocolate chip cream cheese clouds, cucumber with ranch, dinner was tuna and egg salad on a garlic cheddar flax bread (variation of one minute muffin). I feel awful today, muscles are sore, throat hurts, stomach is funky... at first I thought ketosis was causing it but now I am pretty sure it is a cold or something.

Hope y'all have a nice day tomorrow.

luckylindy
08-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Tiff, I am so jealous of your menus! When you start spouting them off, Im like...awwww, I want that, lol. The DBF does 90% of the cooking, including making me breakfast every day. Let me elaborate - he was laid off earlier this year so yea, he has extra time on his hands to help me where I am lacking - which is in time! Beef with broccoli sounds delicious. Sorry that you and the little one are under the weather, we just got over a cold this weekend and the bf still has his. I had homemade chicken broth with chunks of chicken legs and some carrots to get me through.

Oh, talking about sodium, I have been keeping track of my calories and ratio percentages on my fitness pal to make sure I am doing well. According to them, I am never in the negative with sodium, which means, I am doing well with my salt intake. So thats good.

My menu for today is:

2 eggs fried in butter, 3 pieces of low sodium bacon
tuna with mayo
3 slim jims
bbq pork rinds
chicken thigh with skin
half an avocado

Oh, let me ask a quick question. Do any of you have a goal outfit? Victoria Secret had all their swimwear on clearance yesterday so I went and bought 3 swimsuits in size medium, in hopes I could wear them on the cruise. *Fingers cross*

luckylindy
08-21-2012, 01:25 PM
Change to my menu because we didnt have tuna, lol.

Mcdonalds chicken ceasar salad (half) without croutons and with grilled chicken

I was in the mood for something creamy, so I add 2 tbsp of helluva good onion dip to go with my pork rinds. They have 2 g of carbs but my daily overall percentage is only 4% right now.

I also, added 2 oz. of pepperjack cheese. I was hungry before lunch so that was the only snack available to me.

I also was reading an article about people unsuccessful with Atkins and it can be contributed to artificial sweetner, high sodium, cheese, AND avocados. Since half an avocado has been a staple in my Atkins diet daily, I am going to skip out on the avocado and see what it does for me. I minimally eat cheese, today was the exception.

CIELOARGE
08-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Cie - thats amazing! So happy it is going so well for you! I hope the scale gives a big "Whoosh". :-) It sounds like you have a nice balanced meal.

What are your plans for exercise? Do you have any goals to look forward to?

Thanks for the welcome girls!

Lucky; does putting my spandex on counts as excercise?? It sures makes me break a sweat! :o j/k!!! I try to make it to the gym 3 times a week and on weekends I walk all the time since my job makes me do so lol...

So, everytime I lose weight the first thing to go is my butt... I think this is the first time ever that I am glad my butt is getting small since it's an indication of losing weight!! (I'm Latina, we like our butts big and round lol! )

My menu yesterday:

B: 4 Egg white spinach omelette with cheese and 2 slices of black pepper beef
L: Tuna salad
S: deviled eggs, jello, few pork rinds...
D: Butter Salmon with green beans and parmesan cheese... Yummy!!!

luckylindy
08-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Cie: you literally made me giggle out loud. :-) The menu looks good and the green beans with parm is what I am having tomorrow, with a nice fatty steak, lol.

I have an interesting question....does everyone get the support they need at home? Are you other halfs skeptics of Atkins? Mine is and the fact that I only lost 8 pounds my first week and nothing else since then makes it worst. He sits there and says...I do not know how you can eat all that crap and think you are going to lose weight, lol. I just shrug it off and hope that I prove him wrong...soon.

CIELOARGE
08-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Cie: you literally made me giggle out loud. :-) The menu looks good and the green beans with parm is what I am having tomorrow, with a nice fatty steak, lol.

I have an interesting question....does everyone get the support they need at home? Are you other halfs skeptics of Atkins? Mine is and the fact that I only lost 8 pounds my first week and nothing else since then makes it worst. He sits there and says...I do not know how you can eat all that crap and think you are going to lose weight, lol. I just shrug it off and hope that I prove him wrong...soon.

My husband nevers tells me anything related to weight. So lucky for me, he doesn't comment on my eating habits ;) Long time ago when we were dating (and I got a little chubby) he told me in a very sweet way "ohh my chubby chicks! I love u" and I started crying because in my mind he called me fat! Haha after that the poor guy learned his lesson :D

TiffNeedsChange
08-21-2012, 06:43 PM
Lindy - just make sure to eat something with potassium in it since you won't be eating the avocado. (LEGAL) Foods with potassium (learned about this in class today): medium tomato-300mg, 1 cup cooked spinach-839 mg, 1 cup cooked swiss chard-961mg, and salt substitutes have 530 mg of potassium in 1/6tsp!!

I'm sorry your bf got laid off, that has to be soooo stressful! It is great that he is helping you out by cooking, maybe you could print out some specific recipes you want him to make for you :s: My menus may start looking a bit drab since school started; it really takes so much out of me (and my time). If you get a chance to make the Mint Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Clouds you will be in love! The first cream cheese clouds I made were more dense (and not as good) because I added strawberry jello mix for flavoring.

I seem to be at a standstill with my weight right now, I was 244 this morning (up a little)... maybe it is the cheese and avocado! My physical therapist really socked it to me this morning, he is trying to get my leg bone to sit in the hip the right way and I am so sore!! My son and I are both feeling a bit better so that is good! As far as support at home, my bf is fine with my diet and really never makes comments about my weight or weight loss(I do all the shopping and cooking) but my mom is skeptical and is worried that Atkins will make me sick or get kidney stones. She is the one who always says "One bite won't hurt you" I have to say that since I have been losing more weight she seems more supportive of my efforts, though (probably because I am so happy).

I bought a size L swim suit frim target as my midway goal bathing suit (I am in an XXL right now). Victoria's secret has some gorgeous bathing suits.. If only we could look like the models :flame:

My menu today was not as good as I would have liked, so pressed for time: Breakfast 4 eggs and 2 sausage patties from burger king (ONLY 60cents per egg and sausage!!!), snack: atkins bar, lunch: mcdonald's chicken nuggets with breading pulled off (bad I know), dinner: chicken breast and broccoli with alfredo sauce and salad, after dinner snack: mintchoc cc clouds

TayeandNanasMomma
08-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Hello all!!! I'm new to this whole Atkins diet and have enjoyed reading your post. I'm trying to get the hang of it before I start on this new journey, I recently had shoulder surgery so I've packed on a few more pounds on my already "overweight" frame. Be prepared I'll probably be asking a lot of questions lol. Also you ladies are doing a great job so far!!!

TiffNeedsChange
08-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Hi taye! Welcome to the board :) have you read the atkins book yet? I hope your shoulder is healing well!

TayeandNanasMomma
08-21-2012, 11:30 PM
Opps sorry I guess I should of introduced myself first :) My name's Becki, my kids are Taye and Keiana lol. I have read it but it was years ago and is somewhere amongst boxes so I've been tryin to just do my research online so far. Thank you, it's a very slow recovery unfortunately :(

luckylindy
08-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Cie - you crack me up! I have the same story, sadly, the DBF did not learn from that and we battle...a lot. I am head strong and so is he.

Tiff - I know you are not thrilled with your menu but you did better than eating out with carbs. :-) Half my lunch meals each week are from a fastfood place. I plan on taking potassium vitamins to help with the avocado change. I may incorporate avocado back into my diet next week, I just wanted to test my artificial sweetner theory by itself.

Becki - WELCOME! We will probably address you by Taye because we go by the first word in each others screen names. I am part of several forums and sadly, have trouble remember names. :-( So with the shoulder recovery, I am sure you are limited on your movements, so Atkins is one of the easiest ways to go because people lose weight without even trying....I mean, I definately think exercise is needed but it is forgiveable. :-) Have you done Atkins before?

Ok, so...now, I have some AWESOME NEWS! I will wait until Saturday to update my ticker because that is my official weigh in day BUT....I am over my 3 week plateau! I am now down 12 pounds...and I am in the middle of week 4. Whew! SO, SO, SO happy. And I put on a pair of pants today and they were too big!

Anyway, I am not sure about the menu today. But here it is so far:

2 fried eggs in butter and 5 rolled up salami pieces. I try to stay away from process meats but we were all out of bacon and sausage and I need a meat to eat with eggs, lol.

CIELOARGE
08-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Welcome Becki! Hopefully you will enjoy this plan as much as I do! Never hungry and with tons of energy!

Tiff, I didn't know they would sell you the patties and eggs by themselves! That's awesome because the other day I was hungry and I ended up ordering a plain burger and took of the bum... Next time I will save me the trouble!
I have to get me a bathingsuit... But I hate the Victoria's Secret commercials, those girls would look just as hot with some Walmart stuff!!

Lindy: Congrats on the weight loss!!!! Yay!!! Make sure to tell your bf! Haha ;)

My menu yesterday:
B: Egg white spinach omelette with cheese
L: Spinach and egg Ranch salad with salmom... It was soo yummy!!
D: Roasted chicken wings with... More spinach and tomato ranch salad!!
S: delived eggs (2), jello, pork rinds with sour cream

I bought some fresh spinach so that's why I used it so much! I am the kind of person that can eat the same thing forever as long as I like the taste.

I ended up the day with 1268 calories, 19g of Carbs, 5g of fiber, 118g of protein and 79g of FAT:o
I weight all my food, yes... I am a freak haha
Today is my 8th day. I am amazed that I haven't go nuts by now. I am still fighting fruits, specially when I cut some for my kids I always have to keep myself from grabbing one (or two)
My other biggest temptation is.... The scale!!! I used to weight everyday but I am really trying not to. I am afraid that the scale won't show the numbers that I want and it will affect my mood. Clothes are fitting better than ever, and I am not bloated!! (yay!!!) My face and neck are getting smaller by the day (I will post some pictures after my two weeks! You can really notice a pound gain on me right away)

luckylindy
08-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Cie - wow, you are coming right along! That is great! I really hope the scale is good to you when you do decide to weigh. I know what you mean about fruits, but I am past that now and thank goodness I am. The kids started school on Monday, if I wasnt in week 4 of Atkins, it may have been my downfall because I pack them fresh fruit every day.

Rounding out my day for food....

2 burgers with half an avocado and helluva onion dip on top
BBQ pork rinds
Green beans in butter
Egg salad (3 eggs)

TiffNeedsChange
08-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Awesome Lindy!!! SO happy that you've broken out of that plateau :) You menu today sounds good. Let me know how the "no sweetener" self challenge works out for you.

Becki - I hope you don't have too much trouble finding the info that you need. The Atkins website can be helpful. I returned my atkins book back to the library since someone else wanted it and have been functioning from memory lol Oh, and I may or may not rmemeber your actual name (I am soooo bad with that).

cie- I have the same problem... when I cut up fruit for my son I want to eat some soooo bad! How old are your kids?

My menu today:
B: atkins bar (meh)
S: atkins bar
L: cheddar flax bread with egg salad and spinach
D: turkey burger patties w/cheese, salad w/ranch, and probably some twice baked cauliflower

CIELOARGE
08-22-2012, 07:13 PM
Tiff, my kids are 6 & 4, both girls ;) trying to be a good roll model for them... Hopefully in a few years I will be fit and active to they can be proud of their mama!

Lindy, my oldest doesn't start till Sep 5th, you guysare way ahead!!! My little one stays with me at home :)

Have u guys ever tried the flax seed "bread"??? I have never tried flax seed so I am not sure about the taste. The pictures looked just like some heavy whole wheat bread that I used to buy anyways...
Here is the link for it... I think I'll tey it tonight
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/breads/r/flaxbasicfoc.htm

Summer2010
08-22-2012, 09:28 PM
Tiff, I think you keep posting about flaxseed 1 min muffins, right? I found a recipe and OMG so good. I made a muffin with 1 egg, 1/4 cup flaxseed meal, 4 blackberries, baking powder and 1 tsp of oil. Delish!! Just thought I would thank you and share this with the others.

:)

TiffNeedsChange
08-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Cielo-yes, I make variations of the flax seed break a lot!!

Summer - I can post some of the variations I have made below. I did post a chocolate chip variation recipe in the main atkins area.

One Min. Flax Muffin Variations:

1. Cheddar flax muffin (for plain muffin/bread omit the cheese)
1/8 c cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp baking powder
sprinkle of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper
1 T olive oil
1/4 golden flax meal (I have found that different brands have very different flavors and prefer the bulk seed from my local grocery)
1 egg
-Mix all together and microwave for 1 min to 1 min 15 sec.

Parmesean flax muffin-use above recipe but replace cheddar with parm

Lemon "poppy" seed flax muffin
1/2-1 tsp lemon extract
1 T chia seeds
1/4 cup golden flax meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1-2 serving stevia or splenda
1 egg
1 T coconut oil (or butter)
(For a more cake like texture use 1 T less flax meal and add 1-2 T vanilla whey protein)

NOTE: You don't have to just cook these in a coffee cup. A lot of the time when I make my savory ones I cook them in square rubbermaid containers and slice them like bread

Eta:I will add moreI variations here later

TiffNeedsChange
08-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Looks like the atkins bars = weight gain! 247 this am

luckylindy
08-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Tiff - I love your flax seed muffin recipes, and Summer....I think I will have to try that one too! I love blackberries! Sorry to here about the Atkin bar gain Tiff. I am avoiding all Atkins products all together, I am trying this 100% with fresh ingredients. Well, minus those slim jims, I keep them in my purse and turn to them more often than I would like.

Cie - other counties in our area went back even sooner than the 20th, crazy. But our kids get out in late May/first week of June. When we lived in Connecticut, I remember the kids did not get out of school until the end of June. :-/ What area are you from?

Did good for dinner last night. I really was not feeling eggs salad but I added some mustard and mayo, then some chopped celery for texture and ate it right out of the bowl, lol.

Today my menu is:

3 scrambled eggs with jalapenos
3 slim jims
Salad bowl from chipotle
Sausage loaf, wrapped with bacon

CIELOARGE
08-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I am sad to report that flaxseed if just not for me. I tried the one minute muffin amd I just couldn't. At night nothing hurt but I had that felling of wantig to vomit all night... Ugh! Just bad. It reminded me when I was pregnant and I would dream about the food that made me feel ill...

Tiff, I'm always tempted to get those Atkins bars when I am on the go but I just can't figure out how they came out with the 2-3g net carbs when they have 22/3 total carbs with only 11g between alcohol sugar and fiber... Where I am supposed to get the other 10g substracted from???
Anyways, I am sure that your weight gain is not fat, but I know it is still a pain to see the number go up :-/

Lindy: Im from the beautifull Northwest! Our kids don't finish school till the end of June, but I think they make it that way because over here June is still rainy and just plain horrible weather. July is 70/30 and August is all beautiful... So they give the kids a chance to enjoy some nice weather.

My menu yesterday was just bad... Not atkins bad, but it didn't make me feel good. I really enjoy my protein with some salad, so I am keeping my veggies! I can eat plenty of them and still be within my carb limit. Not trying new things for a while, just sticking to what I like and makes me feel good.

JerseyGyrl
08-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Tiff, I'm always tempted to get those Atkins bars when I am on the go but I just can't figure out how they came out with the 2-3g net carbs when they have 22/3 total carbs with only 11g between alcohol sugar and fiber... Where I am supposed to get the other 10g substracted from???

You may want to check this out:

http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php

TiffNeedsChange
08-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Cielo- Kim posted some info on that website. I went into it (eating those bars) knowing that I was taking a chance of stalling/gaining weight. Probably just water weight but still ;) basically they subtract the sugar alcohols since they supposedly have a small blood sugar impact BUT some people are sensitive and digest them. Also, the Atkins bars have nonlegal ingredients eventho they say "all phases". I normally wouldn't fall back on the bars but being sick, sore throat, exhausted I just ate them for a couple of days. I MUCH prefer fresh food! My plan is to premake a batch of flax seed muffins tonight for the next couple of days. I am going to try using strawberry and banana extract for a variety of flavors. It is nice that your kids get to enjoy the summer. My mom watches my son while I am in school so he gets some extra sun :)

luckylindy
08-23-2012, 02:57 PM
Cie - so sorry to hear the flaxseed didnt go well. I have not tried to cook with that yet, so maybe this weekend when I have some downtime I will try some of Tiff's recipes.

Jersey - as always, thanks for the useful information, you are so good about that. :-)

Change in dinner menu, NY Strip! Woot Woot, lol. I told the DBF I am sick of the same foods over and over and asked that he switch it up. He surprised me with that. My Chipotle lunch was TOO DIE FOR! I definately plan on eating there again, it was one meal that I enjoyed more than any other.

TiffNeedsChange
08-23-2012, 03:11 PM
Hey cie- what recipe did you use? What kind of flax did you use? I gagged ehen I used brown flax seeds, it took me 2losing types of golden to find thr ones eith the least fishy taste..

CIELOARGE
08-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Jerseygirl, thanks for the info! I knew it was too good to be truth :dizzy:

Lindy: Chipottle... Mmmmmmmmmm, can't put enough m's

Tiff: I used the brown ones... Maybe that's what it was. I bought the organic golden ones too but then I saw the brown ones selling at $1.49 per pound agaist $5.49 that I paid for the golden ones... So I thought I would try them first... Cheap doesn't mean good lol I will give the golden ones a try but in the form of bread and see how those work for me. I read that they are packed with nutrients so it is worth the try...

TiffNeedsChange
08-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Wow that is expensive for golden flax!! I buy the golden flax seeds in bulk for $2.49/lb at the grocery. I did the same thing at first though lol.. I assumed that golden were processed but once I researched they are basically the same (and a little more pricey). You definitely need a good seasoning balance too. I hope you end up liking thebread.

CIELOARGE
08-23-2012, 04:04 PM
I will try to find them in bulk because they are expensive to buy already package... I will try it and see how it goes.

TiffNeedsChange
08-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Another terrible food day, still feeling funky.

4 scrambled eggs and 2 sausage patties from BK
L: egg salad and spinach
snack: SF jello
dinner: day quil is a life saver. strawberry banana flax muffin w/cream cheese and strawberry spread, can of sardines, salad
snack: cheese crisps, olives

TiffNeedsChange
08-23-2012, 08:54 PM
I am a posting maniac today! I just made the BEST flax muffin ever!

Strawberry banana flax one minute muffin
1/4 cup golden flax meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp powdered erythritol (or sweetener of choice)
1 1/2 T vanilla whey protein
1 T coconut oil, melted
1 egg
1/2 tsp strawberry extract
1/2 tsp banana extract
dash salt

Microwave 1 min. 15 seconds. DELICIOUS! I spread it with some cream cheese and walden farms strawberry spread.

Colliea21
08-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Luckylindy, what did you have at chipotle?

luckylindy
08-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Good morning girls!

Tiff thanks for sharing the recipes. I am going to take a stab at that muffin this weekend.

Collie: I had lettuce, double serving of chicken, sour cream, cheese, hot salsa and guacamole. The whole meal was 10 g of carbs but it got in my lettuce and cheese count for the day...plus my pottassium from the guac. Mmmmm. In fact, we plan on going again today. :-D

So here is my menu for today:

1 fried egg, 2 slices of bacon, 3 sausage pattys
Chipotle chicken bowl for lunch (no rice - just salad)
Dinner - TBD

CIELOARGE
08-26-2012, 01:59 AM
Hi ladies! I've been doing great... Still wanting to eat all the nectarines in the world... But other than that, I am good!

Today was beach day... My mom made some amazing pastry thingny that it just looked to die for. I didn't touch it. I ate some turkey breast that she also made... It was pretty good.

I didn't keep an exact count of my carbs today and yesterday but I know for sure I didn't go over 20 since I had my regular veggies.

Looking foward to Wednesday and see what the scale has for me!

sheski
08-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Wow, that's impressive passing up an amazing pastry for a little turkey, this is not sarcasm I really am impressed. I haven't had to go anywhere other than quick errands since I started the induction diet 6 days ago, and tomorrow school starts. When registering this term I was warned that the evening classes everyone eats and many times it is like a potluck. I love to cook and bake in previous classes I have taken rather decadent cakes and snacks, the instructor is one I have had before, so I am scared of the temptation that I may be facing this week.

luckylindy
08-27-2012, 10:35 AM
Cie! That is AWESOME! I wish I had the same will power this weekend. For the first time in one month, I fell off the horse. Anyway...hope the beach was nice for ya. Did you squeeze in a walk on the beach? That is GREAT exercise!

Sheski - goodluck with class. What schooling is it? What is your weigh in days?

I had an awful weekend, we took the kids to the themepark and I COMPLETELY went off diet for 2 days. Ate WHATEVER I wanted. :-( I am interested to see the consequences for my actions. I am back on the wagon this morning and ready to kick butt. :-)

Menu so far:

2 eggs fried and 3 pieces of bacon
3 (half) devil eggs

CIELOARGE
08-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Sheski: I just stick to the meat! We all have to learn to keep living even if we are not eating like crazy. I meet up with a friend everyweek for a playdate with the kids, usually a picknic at the park or Mcdonalds when we are in a hurry. We always seat and munch on whatever we have in front of us. I saw her last Friday and I just sticked to water. Guess what??? I had as much fun as I usually do but with the added bonus that I wasn't stuffing myself with food... :) Good luck during school and I hope your cravings won't be as much!

Lindy: Not the end of the world. It sounds like you had tons of fun with the family and that's what matters! Today is a new day :cool:

As for me... Yesterday I did somewhat bad. Not bread and pasta bad but I went over my carbs. I ate an extra cup of cherry tomatoes (they are soooo good) and a few red grapes (first fruit in 12 days!) Also a tablespoon of PB. All of this on top of my usual veggies.
So the final numbers were: 1218 Calories, 78g of fat, 33g net carbs and 109 protein... It was such a huge eye opener to see how such a little bit really adds up. Today is a new day and I will stick to the 20g or less. Just another 2 days to finish my first 2 weeks of the easist "diet" I've ever done ;) I must say that I am afraid of OWL, but we'll see ;)

luckylindy
08-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Cie - when do you officially weight yourself? On Wednesday? Do you alway's eat that low amount of calories? Im just curious because I started keeping track of my calroies in my third week because I was not losting after my first and I realized I was only consuming 900-1200 per day; this past week I went higher in my calories and lost 4 pounds (on my weigh in day I was 2 pounds up and thats what I recorded but on Friday morning it was 4 pounds, and I think I consumed A LOT of sodium on Friday. Um, anyway, I have the worst ADD and switch topics, please forgive me, lol.

Here is my food update:

1 (half) devil egg - that makes 4 total for the day
1 naked chicken wing
6 slices of capocola meat with 1 slice of american cheese
pork rinds with helluva good onion dip
beef tenderloin with field greens salad and bleu cheese dressing

CIELOARGE
08-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Lindy: Wednesday will mark my 2 weeks. I started during the middle of the week, isn't that funny??? I guess I was ready and I didn't want any more of my usual "I can eat all I want because NEXT Monday I'll start"

Is it not that I am going for low cal but they are coming around 1200-1300 depending on the day. I eat plenty of food and never get hungry, I will try to up them if I get stuck.

It's funny. A few months ago I tried calorie counting and was hungry all the time constantly thinking about food. I could hardly keep my calories below 1500. Needless to say my weight loss would be 1-2lbs a week. Eventually I got so hungry and desperate that I would binge a couple of times. I gave up on the whole CC and kept eating whatever :-/

sheski
08-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks Cie I think I may be doing too many eggs and not enough red meat because I have noticed that when I put hamburger or cubed steak on a bed of lettuce I am satisfied longer than if I put chicken on it or if I eat a piece of quiche or egg salad.

Lindy I haven't really decided on a weigh in day, I've been weighing myself every day, but am still afraid it is a fluke, so I haven't weighed in here or on MFP. I took measurements and weighed in March and then again just after I started Atkins, so that loss I attribute to summertime rather than the current plan.

I'm at Grand Valley State for a bachelors in liberal studies with an emphasis on environmental leadership. I started out at another school with a math major but couldn't get through calculus-2, so I switched to something less demanding to try and get my confidence back. I was a machinist for years and have been out of work for quite awhile, so a change was in order.

luckylindy
08-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Cie: that is too funny because I did the exact same thing. When I was calorie counting I was successful but my goodness, it was THE hardest diet I ever did because I always felt deprived, lol. On Atkins I have to force feed myself and pick high calorie foods just to get in enough. That is a good thing though.

Sheski - I start school in January. I was suppose to start today but I had to get a second job because my DBF was laid off months ago and has applied EVERYWHERE with no prevail. Anyway, someone had to bring int he extra money for Christmas so I randomly applied for a bar girl position and was hired on the spot. Anyway, babbling again, haha, I will be going back to school in January to be a sign language interpreter for the government. I have to get my Associates in Science, then certification in sign language. It is also required that I learn a second language so I will be working on that in the mean time so it wont be so hard next year.

CIELOARGE
08-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks Cie I think I may be doing too many eggs and not enough red meat because I have noticed that when I put hamburger or cubed steak on a bed of lettuce I am satisfied longer than if I put chicken on it or if I eat a piece of quiche or egg salad.

I buy the whole roasted chicken ($5.99 but I've seen it cheaper) for 1 person it should last you 2-3 days. I just keep it in the fridge. Most of my meals are chicken with a salad or veggies. I still drink coffee every morning. It keeps me "regular". I use heavy cream which is a dream come true for me! :D

CIELOARGE
08-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Cie: that is too funny because I did the exact same thing. When I was calorie counting I was successful but my goodness, it was THE hardest diet I ever did because I always felt deprived, lol. On Atkins I have to force feed myself and pick high calorie foods just to get in enough. That is a good thing though.

Same with me. IT DID WORK, but I was miserable eating all that "fat free" stuff. I felt deprived/hungry ALL THE TIME. I love my salads now, put ranch... full fat ranch. So yummy! Not the fat free version that it's just plain disgusting.

sheski
08-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Lindy that is great, I have wanted to learn sign language since I was a teenager, my best friend's dad was deaf. The programs that I have been in will not allow for me to take language classes (I'm using financial aid, so I do not get to take anything out of program). Considering the happenings in Washington recently with a police department not having an interpreter, you should find yourself in high demand when you are finished.

luckylindy
08-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Good morning chickadees!

Did good yesterday. I am keeping track of my calories to make sure I am getting ENOUGH in and boy oh boy did I get enough in yesterday....over 2000! I know its not part of the Atkins diet but due to the fact I was in starvation mode my 2nd and 3rd week, I have to keep an eye on it. I refuse to hop on the scale until Saturday, normally I cheat and hop on Wednesday's but due to my slip up, I dont want to upset myself. I may even wait 2 weeks so I can see a big "whoosh" and be excited about this diet again, lol. Oh the mind games we play when changing our eating plan, haha.

I got my P90x yesterday, so I will try to do 3 days this week, that is my goal. I have a ridiculously busy week but I want to make time to do it. Yesterday I was so flippin lazy when I got home from work.

So, anyone interseted in an accountability goal each week? ie: I will exercise at least 3 times a week this week. Or someone else will not go over 20g of carbs a day?

My menu for today:

2 fried eggs with 3 sausage links
4 devil egg (halfs)
5 chicken wings
Not sure about dinner???

CIELOARGE
08-29-2012, 02:09 AM
Oh well... I messed up. Ate too many carbs in the form of tomatoes... AGAIN.

Two days ago I made sweet oopsie rolls with a little bit of chocolate chips, I swear that messed me up because cravings have been crazy since then. It really sucks because tomorrow is my 2 weeks mark and I know I messed up my numbers.

Oh well. I need more induction and this time I will stick to thd SF Jello. No more trying to make sweet things, it obviously kicks up my cravings.

Lindy: I have Insanity. Did it for a week but home videos are not for me. I like the gym. Insanity is awesome, It killed me while I was doing it and you will see results if you stick to the program... Hope it works for you!

I want to join in for the accountability thing. I want to work out at least 3xweek + stay under my 20g of carbs for 2 more weeks. No slips ups this time.

luckylindy
08-29-2012, 11:26 AM
Cie - it happens. I realized after going off this weekend, that it SO was not worth it after. I felt like I was having a "hangover" for the last 2 days. This is the first day that I actually had pep in my step. I also notice when I stay away from even artificial sweetners....I do not crave sweets at all. THe first 3 or 4 days isnt easy but everything there after....is.

I like your accountability! Good for you!

I will probably be out of touch after the 2pm hour. I have orientation for my second job from 3 to 10 tonight. Its gonna be a long one.

On that note....here is my menu.

2 fried eggs in butter, 4 slices of bacon
4 devil eggs (half)
6 chicken wings

Lastly....oh where, oh where, oh where is TIFF????

JerseyGyrl
08-29-2012, 12:18 PM

I'm thinking since she's in Louisiana, she hasn't been around due to the Hurricane.

luckylindy
08-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Jersey -I never paid attention to that, thanks for pointing that out! :-)

CIELOARGE
08-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Ok girls! Today is my 2 week mark and the results are in! Officially, I lost 8 lbs :carrot::carrot: ... Unofficially, I lost 10-11lbs since the scale did reach 162/3 a few times but I blamed it on "being bloated" (don't we all!!)

I am extremelly happy and will stay in indution for two more weeks and then move to OWL.

I admit that I wanted to see 149 so bad, but considering that I didn't follow the program to the "T" and that:
- Ate full fat cheese
- Ate butter
- Had Mayo -EVERYDAY
- Full fat sourcream... yummm
- Full fat ranch
- And last but no least I had Heavy Cream with my coffee everyday! :D

...You get my point ;)

Not only the scale was generous but the benefits of this program are amazing. More energy, no being bloated... it's just perfect. I did not have "bathroom" issues (if you know what I mean), just during the 2nd and 3rd day and then it got back to normal.

CIELOARGE
08-29-2012, 03:12 PM
Cie - it happens. I realized after going off this weekend, that it SO was not worth it after. I felt like I was having a "hangover" for the last 2 days. This is the first day that I actually had pep in my step. I also notice when I stay away from even artificial sweetners....I do not crave sweets at all. THe first 3 or 4 days isnt easy but everything there after....is.

Lindy, I totally get you. I didn't have the "hungover" effect but I am a little bloated today and just plain dissapointed that after I wrote that message last night, stayed up late with my husband and had some PB :nono:

I hope Tiff is doing Ok and staying safe! We have family in Baton Rouge but they are doing Ok

luckylindy
08-30-2012, 11:22 AM
Cie - CONGRATS! That is AWESOME!!!! So are you going to wait 2 more weeks to weigh in?

What are the weekend plans? I have to work the second job! Ugh...so sleepy today from a double yesterday. I am really afraid of minimal sleep with my weight loss schedule. I have always been that person who needs AT LEAST 8 hours of sleep, to be cut back to 5 or 6...no bueno. :-( Oh well, only time will tell.

CIELOARGE
08-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Sorry you have to work so hard Lindy! :( Hopefully your BF will find something soon.

I am planning on hitting the scale only once a week, I will make it my official day Fri so I will not weight till next Friday.

I actually moved to OWL today because Almonds make a great snack. I will add berries maybe in two weeks. Also, I am dying to use some almond meal; my brother made some zucchini almond bread and it was just delicious!
It is hard to be on "the go" with Atkins induction... We went to Ikea today to buy some things and I ended up eating the beef hot dogs (minus the bun)...

canadianwoman
09-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Can I join you ladies (and any gents if there are some here)?

TiffNeedsChange
09-01-2012, 11:50 AM
Hey everyone :)I am glad to see that everyone is doing ok! We got hit pretty hard by hurricane Isaac but luckily my hoouse did not flood. We haven't had electricity since Tuesday night and grocery stores finally opened with limited stock yesterday. I am staying with family until my power gets turned back on. I had to go off plan because of lack of electricity. Mainly ate canned tuna sandwiches and things like that. I am hoping that my power will come back on soon and once I have some money I will have to work on restocking my fridge since all of my food was a total loss from not having power. I can't wait to be in my own bed; 3 people in a queen doesn't allow for restful sleep! I am trying to decide if I should start over on induction or go right back in to OWL Rung 1. Hope everyone has a great day! Once I get back to a computer I'll be able to reply more since I have missed so much :)

TiffNeedsChange
09-01-2012, 11:55 AM
Lindy- It sounds like you're stretched pretty thin with that second job! I hope your bf finds something soon! Do you have time in between shifts for a nap? That may help with your loss of sleep hours.

CIELOARGE
09-02-2012, 01:40 AM
Welcome CanadianWoman!

Tiff, glad to hear to are doing somewhat fine and that your house in pretty good condition! I moved to OWL only because I want some almonds every now and then, maybe some berries in a few weeks. I still try to keep my carbs under 20 and I gave up my processed lunch meat so I can have more room ;)

My BC was changed a few months ago and it's been crazy. Today I finally got the same pills that I used to have and I hope to get back to normal...

Im doing pretty good. Went to Applebees today and stick to chicken wings with a side of veggies, but now I wished I ordered the chicken and shirmp that they have :-/. Next time!!!

TiffNeedsChange
09-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Ceilo- don't you just hate when you wish you woumd ha ve gotten something different at a restaurant?

Canadianwoman-Hi :)I and welcome

CIELOARGE
09-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Hi girls!
Happy Labor day!

Been good during the weekend, some cravings but nothing mayor...

Menu has been almost identical both days so I am happy.

TiffNeedsChange
09-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Good to hear Cie. Looks like I will be back on plan in a few days... we finally got electricity back today! !!! Lots to do around here... hoping for time to relax this weekend.

luckylindy
09-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Hey ladies...sorry I dropped off, worked the doubles and left me with limited time. Sounds like everyone is docused again following the labor day weekend so kudos to you all!

Tiff - so happy that things are not worst. I asked about you in another forum so you dont have to respond as now I know. :-) So did you decide OWL 1 or Induction again? Oh, and yes, I can nap at lunch time so that is the plan.

Canadian - welcome! You can most certainly join! How did day 1 go?

Cie - did you make it through those cravings on labor day?

I did good yesterday but still am maintaining at 186. I have stuck to plan perfectly with the exception of one weekend several weeks ago but have failed to bounce back from that. That being said, Im going off Atkins. I am instead going to do low carb calorie counting. And exercise. It was a little more difficult to do but I lost weight no matter what. So, I will continue to weigh in on Saturday's and see where calorie counting takes me. Wish me luck.

Does everyone have a 4 day work week? I do....sort of, lol. I work both Saturday and Sunday at the second job. But I dont mind, it's really fun. I wish my FT job was as enjoyable. :-)

CIELOARGE
09-04-2012, 06:09 PM
Tiff: Yay!!! Glad you are getting somewhat back to normal.

Lindy: Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you, but you need to do what's best for your body. Calorie counting will work, it's hard but it will give you results.
Are you still going to check in here? I hope you do!!

As for me, it's getting better but still kind of hard to eat out. Went to Denny's for breakfast and I had a meat skillet minus the potatoes... it was a itty, bitty, tiny piece of meat with lots of onions and some peppers... some cheese on it plus the 2 eggs. Definitely not ordering that again! They also didn't offer any heavy cream so I skipped my coffee. Got home and ate a piece of my homemade zucchini-almond flour bread (4.4.g of Net Carbs) and made me my usual coffee :coffee:.

Weight in is this Friday, hoping to see 151... :goodscale

TiffNeedsChange
09-04-2012, 07:09 PM
Lindy-sorry to see you leaving Atkins group but I am glad you have a plan! I have also been thinking about switching things up a little. For the next week or two I am going to basically do Atkins and move into the berry rung from the start. I found it very hard not to be able to eat fruit! Depending on how that goes I may go back into induction. Having eaten SO MANY CARBS this past week I know for a fact that low carb is for me. How was weight loss for you when you did your version of low carb + calorie counting?

Cielo-iI hope the scale shows you 151!! Ordering out is definitely a challenge which is why I usually just order the meat and eggs (usually ends up being cheaper).

I am at 250 today which I am sure is water retention both from carbs and doing so much strenuous activity post hurricane. Going to get some groceries tonight so I can break it off with all if this bread/cereal/junk that I have been stress binging on.

luckylindy
09-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Mornings girls!

Cie - I am definately sticking with this group and will check in daily. I'm impressed with your dedication to eating out and sticking to the program. Fingers crossed for the 151 on the scale!

Tiff - I dont blame you for going straight to berries. That is what I missed the MOST. Last night I had a tangerine for my dessert, OMG....sooo good, lol.

My success with calorie counting was AWESOME last time. Just VERY tedious and HARD. I hated counting every bite that went in my mouth. However, it was the most successful plan I ever did. I lost 25 pounds in my first month and then 25 more over the next 3 months. 50 in total. I did not exercise at all during this time. I only allowed myself 1200 calorie which I would NEVER do again, and most definately not at this age. Last time I was 26. This time Im 30 so my metabolism is starting to slow down anyway. That being said, Im going to eat my BMR and work out. If I work out more, I get to eat more. If I find I am not losing after 2 weeks, I will go a little less than my BMR, but I am starting at that.

I did P90x on Monday, a leisurely walk yesterday, and plan on doing P90x tonight. Im also super excited because I am doing sushi for lunch today. Oh sushi how I have missed you, lol.

What do you all have planned for movement?

CIELOARGE
09-06-2012, 12:57 AM
Tiff, next time I will definitely order the eggs and meat, no more itty, bitty, tiny $9.99 meals for me lol!

Lindy: I'm happy that you reconized that the plan didn't work but instead of giving up you looked for other options. I guess as long as you cut sugar/grains for a while you should be fine.

As for me, still going, feeling awesome and I haven't been bloated in 3 weeks!! Yay!!!!

Today marks my 3rd week on Atkins. My husband is also on a reduce carb (no grains/no sugar) with the very occationsal bite of this or that and he lost 15lbs in the past 2 weeks!!!!

Last night I watch the film "fat head" is pretty good, just disagree with a few things, but I won't tell you because I don't want to spoil it for you guys!

luckylindy
09-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Cie - that is awesome that your husband is also modifying his eating, that definately helps. I will say....already seeing a change in my body NOT being on Atkins....the bloat is there, lol. But I'll deal with it.

I did P90x Kenpo yesterday and it was awesome! Something else I do daily that seems silly but effective is everytime I go to the bathroom, I do 15 squats. Since I drink about 14 glasses of water a day....that is A LOT of squats, lol. Hopefully I start to see it soon.

I have been feeling under the weather lately, a lot of headaches. Its been happening for about a week now. I can deal with it but hope I can shake it soon. My boyfriend, kiddo, and boss all were sick so I think its my body trying to fight catching what they had.

Summer2010
09-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Hello everyone.
Sorry I have been MIA these past 2-3 weeks. Lots of activity in August in personal life and now that the school has started, a lot of activity at work as well.
I fell off the wagon 3 days ago and now have a hard time re-starting atkins. I am doing my best today to get back on track.

I hope everyone has a great day and a fantastic weekend.

luckylindy
09-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Summer - its a new day. :-) Good luck!

CIELOARGE
09-07-2012, 02:46 PM
So, no 151 for me... in fact it was 153!!! So I am up a pound :o ... It could be a number of things, changed BC, TOM is not quite done with me yet... so I am not too worried about it, I wish it was the other way around (1 pound down) but Oh Well!! I still feel great and full of energy and not miserable! I just need to step it up with the gym because I only went once! and as we all know, EXERCISE IS NOT NEGOTIABLE!

Summer, I am sure you will find your motivation. Remember how good it feels to be full of energy and not being bloated!! Also, there is no way you "gained" 6 lbs in 3 days. That's just water retention. Even if you don't go back to Atkins just do something that will make you feel good.

Lindy: I will try those squats! At least a few times a days and see how that works for me!

CIELOARGE
09-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Hey! Where is everybody??? I hope you guys are doing OK!

I've been OK, but not as good as I wanted to be. I still stay between 30-35g but I just don't feel as great as I did at the beggining. I think I will start eating cleaner. More veggies, not as much cheese, more sea food. I feel like nuts in general make me feel like binging, so I will cut them for a while and stick to berries and 1 low carb yogurt a day.

geoblewis
10-12-2012, 12:48 PM
I have been off EVERYTHING for weeks. Took half-a$$ed stabs at all sorts of different things to pretend that I was still on plan. But as of this morning, I'm up 19 lbs and I feel so cruddy. Spent last night rereading the induction plan in my head and then woke up this morning determined to do this right and find how good I was feeling just weeks ago.

I have been increasingly achy as I let refined foods and carbs creep back into my life. Since I'm 51 and in the grips of menopause, I've found that those foods make the hormonal issues worse. All of them! Time to stop the menopausal madness!

So, two weeks of induction is the prescription. I am also a fan of Intermittent Fasting, which I am going to slowly get back into. For the next two weeks, I'm only eating between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., giving my digestion a proper 12-hr break.

And for exercise, only Pilates, four days a week, for two months. There are some joints/ligaments that are weak and injured from weight training and too much cardio. I need to heal.

And finally, back to the good sleep patterns with an established time to wake up and going to bed early enough to get at least 7.5 hours of sleep.

I'll be checking here every day. See ya 'round, Atkins chickies!

Summer2010
10-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Hi everyone,
I was on a break! A few weeks long break! Attempted induction again a few times...successful for 1-2 days max :( Gained back 4-5 lbs.
I am starting back on ww on my own, have all the tools, will focus on more protein and less empty calories....so veggies, protein, limited carbs, some dairy....
Good luck to all of you..I'll be visiting the website regulary.

geoblewis
10-12-2012, 11:57 PM
End of day 1 back on my plan. Happy to have eat just 20 gm carbs! Have never gotten that low on day 1 before. Ate a lot of calories, however. We'll see how that goes for me. Achieved a 12-hour eating window. I worked out at Pilates class.

Ooops, forgot to take all my vitamins! Will do that now, before bed.

See ya tomorrow!

geoblewis
10-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Yes! Down 5 lbs on the first day, even after I ate 2632 calories. Oh dear, wish I could keep losing at that rate while eating that much food!

I had a tough time avoiding eating last night. Around 9:30 I got a nagging gnawing feeling so I caved and had an ounce of raw almonds. That bumped my carbs up to 21 gm. I know that almonds are off the list for induction, but I don't eat massive handfuls. I always measure them and so I'm keeping them on my induction food list.

I slept really long last night. I feel very awake and refreshed this morning. Still very achy. VERY. Hoping that will go away soon.

It's almost time for breakfast! Hmmm...how shall I fix my eggs today? I think poached sounds good, dressed with olive oil, on a bed of spinach. Or maybe an omelet with spinach and feta, cooked in butter. And cream in my coffee!

geoblewis
10-14-2012, 01:50 AM
Managed to quit eating half an hour earlier than yesterday. And calories came in at 2456, with carbs at 22 gm. I ate up on veggies today and had some coconut cream that was higher in carbs than I wished. Back to the heavy cream in my coffee!

So tomorrow my plan is to back down on the carbs. I ate less protein today, closer to what I should be eating. I'm going to try to cut a little more tomorrow. Depends on how hungry I am at the end of the day. And since I went 13 hours before eating this morning, I'm going to push for 14 hours tomorrow.

Tonight I'm going to bed weighing the same as I did this morning. I know, silly to weigh myself so often, but it's so motivating!

geoblewis
10-14-2012, 03:06 PM
I could TOTALLY go for some waffles this morning!

Just sayin'...

reanbean
10-14-2012, 03:28 PM
Wow! 5 pounds! You're doing great!!

geoblewis
10-15-2012, 12:28 AM
Did really well all day...then my son made chocolate chip cookies and I ate one! 45 net grams of carbs for the day. I'm very curious what's going to happen with the scale tomorrow because today's calories were only 1738 cal and protein was just over 100 gm.

I'm actually done eating at 8:30 pm. Very good G!

geoblewis
10-15-2012, 11:25 AM
At the start of Day 4...and down a total of 6 lbs.

I think I'm going to wait to eat till later today, perhaps at lunch time. That'll put me at a 16-hr fasting window. I know that's not what Atkins says to do, but my experience is different from the book. I want to burn up the stored fuel in my liver and feel a bit emptier. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Feeling my groove again...:D

happy2bme1
10-15-2012, 09:03 PM
Hi, I'm starting induction tomorrow morning and would like to know what would be a great meal plan for the first day. I've read everything including Atkins books but I think that you guys would be the best source of info. If anyone has a one day meal plan to start the induction that would be so helpful. I want to be successful after starting so many diets. I'm tired, tired, tired!!!!!!!!! I lost 60 lbs on ideal protein and got sick of the food and the restrictions. I went on a sugar craz over the last 6 weeks and back up to almost my original weight. PLS HELP!!! thanks

geoblewis
10-16-2012, 01:43 AM
Happy, I'm not familiar with the diet you mentioned, so I'm not really sure how restrictive that was. But I totally understand getting tired of the food choices. I think that can happen with Atkins if you don't try a big variety of foods. I personally love bacon and eggs but there's only just so many days I care to eat it for breakfast.

So, here's a day in my Atkins life:

2 eggs + 2 whites omelet, cooked in ghee, with feta and asparagus
Coffee with heavy cream

Bowl of organic salad greens, can of pole-caught tuna, small can of sliced olives, dressed in olive oil and lemon juice. I like to add some parsley for extra flavor.

Lamb chops, kale braised with the lamb, grilled zucchini, all cooked with olive oil.

In the late afternoon, I might snack on half an avocado, or a tin of sardiines packed in olive oil. Or even an ounce of raw almonds or raw shelled pumpkin seeds. I don't do much processed food since I am sensitive to soy (its in so many products).

Lots of variety every day.

happy2bme1
10-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks Geoblewis, the plan I did before was IP, lots of packaged food with fresh veg and lean protein but it really got boring. Anyway, I am starting Induction this morning and really appreciate the menu. I guess it takes a while to get into your zone on any diet so I probably need to just calm down and start. I have sent the last 6 weeks looking at all of the diets out there and boy is it daunting. I want something that will be lifetime. the only concern I have with Atkins is there is no fruit and I really think that fruit rounds out the meal plan and give the body much needed cleansing. Anyway I rambled on but thank you again.

geoblewis
10-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Happy, the rules of Atkins induction say no fruit, but it also says no nuts and I'm eating an ounce of nuts every day. I just don't eat other carby things and I eat a lot of greens. But I actually like to eat like that. If you want to pick a "diet" and follow that plan, you may feel constrained and bored. But if you're looking for a way to eat that you can live with for a long term, you may need to accept that you need to eat differently than you're used to but you don't have to discard everything. Choose wisely.

I see that you live in California. So do I. How can we NOT eat the fruit and veggies that are so plentiful here? During the summer, one day a week I ate a pint of organic strawberries straight from the basket, the moment I got them home from the store. Other days, I had melons, peaches, whatever was in season. So yummy! Didn't eat massive quantities, just twice a week.

I think that for me it's the IF that makes the difference. Even refraining from eating for just 12 hours is supposed to have a positive effect on blood sugar, insulin and growth hormone levels. And that rest from eating is also cleansing for the body. I take a probiotic and haven't been eating that many grams of fiber but I've been very regular this week.

I have a hard time stopping myself from overeating during meal times, so limiting the number of meals I eat but letting myself eat till I get full and don't want to eat any more really helps. If I don't start my day eating, I can go on for hours! Once I start eating I slowly work my way through all my calories for the day. I have a tough time stopping before I hit my RMR. But I don't seem to have the desire to go beyond that, which is good! Maybe as time progresses, I'll have less of a problem with backing off from that amount of food. Maybe if I planned that meal more. But I'm not a meal planner. I just cook what I have. I have to make sure I don't bring off-plan foods in the house, because I'll eat them!

Good luck with your start with induction!

happy2bme1
10-16-2012, 03:01 PM
you are so right, it's hard to live in CA and not want to eat all of the fresh organic fruits and veggies we have available to us. I have been reading a lot about the "Perfect 10" diet. It similar to Atkins but allows for fruit also stresses the need for organic foods and NO PROCESSED also includes nuts. I think that I may incorporate both to make my own meal plan, not sure yet.

When you get a chance, check out "Perfect 10 Diet". Not advocating for any change to your current diet just wondering what others think of it.

Had decaf and cream for breakfast along with 2 eggs scrambled in a little butter with cheddar cheese. looking at having salad for lunch. I guess adding fruit will take me over the 20 grams of carbs. still not feeling completely happy with this diet but I need to stop and get thru at least 2 weeks to see how I feel before incorporating other items. I guess you can see how confused I am. I want to feel excited about my plan and I'm not yet.

Any suggestions???

geoblewis
10-16-2012, 05:17 PM
I totally understand about getting caught up in information overload. I got all caught up in analysis paralysis, measuring and tracking everything that can possibly be tracked by a layperson for a couple years and wore myself out. It literally ate my whole life!

In the end, I had to figure out how to eat less in general and accept that I have health issues that are going to make weight loss a slow process. I had to give up easy food, processed food, going out to most restaurants. I had to give up whole food groups, because they mess with my progress. I had to stop wanting to be entertained by food. I had to stop hanging out with others obsessed with being entertained by food. And watch less TV.

Figure out what will cause the least stress for you. And mix it up so you won't get bored. Reinvent food that you loved but had to give up. Be patient with your progress and show yourself some compassion. You can do this.

happy2bme1
10-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Again thanks so much for the advice and support. You are so right, I guess getting all of the information overload has at least helped me to understand that I need to take control over my life and do what is right for me. will continue on induction for the next 2 weeks and see how it works for me. will be posting my progress.

geoblewis
10-17-2012, 03:22 AM
Feeling a little demoralized tonight. Didn't get much sleep last night and I was dragging all day. Was doing fabulously with carbs till I got home from work and my energy crashed. I had made chicken curry and basmati rice for my son and I decided I needed a taste. Apparently I needed to taste a lot! 88 gm of carbs! It was a cascade failure because I also had dark chocolate (way more than I usually eat). So happy there was no bread in the house.

I drank a lot of water too, and the temperatures are back up in the low 90s and I'm hot and bloaty now. Back on the induction wagon tomorrow morning!

geoblewis
10-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Second night of poor sleep. This time, a high-speed police chase seemed to circle around my house around 1 a.m. and DaisyMae sure does love to howl along. She had a hard time settling back down to sleep, and so did I! Got up at 6 to take my son to school. I had a cup of coffee with heavy cream and now I'm going to sleep a bit more. Will be missing my Pilates class...:(

So, I'm down 8 lbs with induction, as of this morning. Just 5 days in. My refrigerator is baren of Atkins/Paleo approved goodies so I need to go to the store later today. Kinda in the mood for roasted cauliflower. Had dandelion greens yesterday. YUM!

The next 9 lbs are going to be the tough ones. Usually, as I lose weight, I hit a new low then bounce up about 5 - 7 lbs., go back and forth for a few weeks, then experience a week where I drop another 5 lbs. It's rather frustrating. The next 9 lbs are going to be on approach to the last new low of 286. If I can muscle my way through the next few days without losing focus, maybe my body will cooperate and I can blow past 286 to another new low. But it won't happen if I have another night like last night and the additional 60 gm of carbs!

I wonder if I carbed up because I didn't have more choices in the fridge. Sometimes, when the fridge is depleted, I suck at making good choices.

geoblewis
10-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Finally got a good night's sleep! I feel so much better now.

Down another pound. I'm doing well again with the carb redux. It's hard to track carbs when there are conflicting reports on how many grams of carbs and fiber there are in some foods. I use Livestrong's MyPlate to track and I just tried to track kale. One entry that they say is "verified" says the amount of kale I just ate is at least 10 gm higher in carbs than the another "verified" entry. Which one is it?

I can tell that I'm not as hungry as I was last week before coming back to induction. Not feeling as edgy about being empty. But I feel just as susceptible to suggestion. I was on another forum where someone was talking about custard and now I want some! Pumpkin custard with traditional pumpkin pie spices. Thank God I'm lazy! I don't want to have to get up and make some. Just enjoying a cup of egg nog coffee with cream and nutmeg instead. The craving is fading now that I can smell the nutmeg. If I put nutmeg-scented oil in my atomizer, would I be able to skate through the holidaze without inhaling pie? I'm going to give it a try!

geoblewis
10-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Down a total of 10 lbs at the end of week one. Things that have changed in the last week:

The achiness in my muscles and joints is greatly diminished! Now I'm just left with the usual morning aches of middle age. It would be lovely to get rid of thos too!
The bloating is greatly diminished. When I do sit ups in my fitness classes it doesn't feel like there's a huge lump in the way. My inner thighs are less abrasive.
I feel awake in the morning, every morning, whether I've had 7 to 8 hours of sleep or just 5 (like I did last night).
Carb cravings are starting to reduce. I don't crave potatoes any more, or grains. I'm still craving chocolate. Maybe I should start crunching on my cocoa nibs again. Had a craving for sweets last night but I drank a cup of Good Earth Original tea, which was heavy on the cinnamon. Craving squashed!
Looking forward to what the next week will bring me. I miss eating more veggies. Yesterday afternoon I had all my carbs in one serving of kale (I ate a lot of kale!) and I really wanted more veggies later in the day. Ended up going over on carbs with celery, tomato, and lettuce. Then I cut myself off and ate more protein. I noticed that eating about 4 oz. of grass-fed meat cuts my cravings.

Weekends are always full of problems for me. Schedule...that's out the window. Food-centered events have the potential of screwing up my progress. I'm taking my sons out to lunch on Sunday at a lovely seafood restaurant on a river. I'm checking out their menu online before I go. Planning ahead is important for me. And if I tell the boys to not offer me tastes of their fries or dessert, I'll be okay. Now I just have to keep from ordering the watermelon martini!

geoblewis
10-20-2012, 02:52 PM
I made the mistake of taking my sons out to dinner last night. They wanted pizza, but I wanted to NOT eat pizza. So the compromise was a local Italian restaurant.

I did pretty well with my ordering. Heirloom tomato salad, free-range grilled chicken breast and Italian green beans. But they brought garlic bread to the table and I had two pieces. And one of my boys wanted to try the fried calamari, so I had one taste of that. And then I had half a portion of premium coffee ice cream. Just that put me over the top with carbs by 67 gm. And those 67 gm caused a gain of 2 lbs this morning. Grrrr!

I'm probably out of ketosis too. Back on track today. Just move forward.

geoblewis
10-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Wow...8 net grams of carbs today! Just had to document it somewhere!

1spunkygal
10-21-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm trying to be an ATKINS girl can I join in ?

I'm a former IP girl but it got too pricey for my budget. Love many of the Atkins products. What are your favs ?

Lee Anne

geoblewis
10-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Welcome Spunky! I am still tweaking my optimum low-carb life. I looked at IP briefly. It seems to be very popular here. But like the Atkins products, nearly all have some form of soy and I seem to have an intollerance to that. So, I can't weigh in on the products.

1spunkygal
10-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome :) So far I love the brownie bars & the Dk choco almond coconut crunch bar. Theres also one that tastes like a snickers . If anybody can confirm which one is is PLEASE let me know. Notice the pattern here ? I'm a picky eater & usually stick with the same thing over & over again .

I am willing to try those cinnamon toast crunch recipe Mmmmm.

geoblewis
10-21-2012, 10:23 PM
I remember those chocolate almond coconut things. Got some when I first signed up for Atkins online. Ate one without looking at the ingredients. Yum! What I do to get my chocolate fix, I eat dark French chocolate with no soy in it. I break it up and put it in a bowl with raw coconut meat and raw almonds. I still love that. It's not as sweet and I prefer that.

Two days in a row of eating really low carbs. My period started yesterday, so I'm having an inner battle right now. I lost those 2 lbs I had regained from eating Italian food on Friday. Hoping tomorrow will show a big loss on the scale.

I went out to lunch with good friends today. We're all on dietary restriction, in our own ways. I watched them eat arancini and seaman's hummus. They watched me eat Niman Ranch bacon. We all sighed wistfully as we drank out water with lemon and cucumber slices. But we all still enjoyed each other's company. And I was able to stay completely on track with my diet.

JerseyGyrl
10-22-2012, 10:51 AM
:welcome2:Lee Anne!
I'm curious, are you doing Atkins Induction?

1spunkygal
10-22-2012, 05:13 PM
NO ...I need to get back to induction please point me in the right direction.

I went from IP to Atkins, I have been off track so help a girl out Thanks !

JerseyGyrl
10-22-2012, 07:19 PM
NO ...I need to get back to induction please point me in the right direction.

I went from IP to Atkins, I have been off track so help a girl out Thanks !

When doing Atkins, reading the book (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution 2002 or prior versions) BEFORE beginning the plan is essential. It will explain exactly how & why Atkins, when done correctly, works.
You may also want to give those Atkins products a toss, especially during Induction. I know Atkins Nutritionals Inc. markets them as "appropriate for all phases".....but....that isn't what Dr. Atkins said. You may want to read this for a better understanding:
http://www.phlaunt.com/lowcarb/19059967.php
You CAN do this!!!
All the best to you!!:)

1spunkygal
10-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Thanks so much !

I think I'm gonna buy the new book it will come in handy from time to time.

geoblewis
10-25-2012, 01:19 PM
The last three days have been rough for me. One of the three days involved crazy levels of carbs. I'm paying for it with overnight bloat. Back on track today and already feeling better.

Stoopit hormones!

CIELOARGE
10-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Keep up the good work!

I did induction for two weeks in August, got down to 152 from 160. Keep on OWL for 3 weeks or so got to 149, after that... I've been not good with my diet, eating plenty of carbs and to my surprise I only gain back the water weight that comes with carbs. I am at 151 today and starting induction again. Not for the weight loss but for the feeling. I've been tired and just bloated all this time so I know induction will keep the hunger down, and the energy up! After that giving OWL another try without the nuts (a real problem for me)

1spunkygal
10-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Good Morning everyone I hope all is well I'm back down to 197 (Thank you Lord) I need to get a serious handle on things... this time of the year is tough . ALWAYS something yummy in our breakroom or any breakroom I go in.

Have a good day !

geoblewis
10-26-2012, 11:39 AM
I did so well yesterday, but ended up being "done" with meals too early. I stayed up too late and ended up eating just one more thing...not a good time of the day to cave to carby cravings!

So, back on the wagon AGAIN today. Does three days of caving to carbs mean I need to do induction all over again? I think I need to stay at under 30 gm of carbs till further notice.

readyfreddy
10-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Georgia - I find more fat helps me crave less. Are you using any craving triggers? (caffeine, alcohol, fake sugars, pre-made food (bars, shakes etc)? I've also noticed that I do better if I spread my carbs out over the day. IE 10 at each meal rather than 0 at breakfast and lunch and then 30 at dinner.

HTH!

geoblewis
10-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the tips, Freddy. I do eat more fats and avoid all those craving-triggers. I think my cravings are triggered more by lack of sleep and anxieties. Over the weekend I did a lot of driving and stayed up late a couple nights in a row. Found myself too edgy to sleep, which just sent me into a cascade of edginess. Was eating macadamia nuts, one or two at a time, throughout the day. I was unwisely not keeping track. Wish I had measured them out first.

readyfreddy
10-29-2012, 08:16 PM
ah yes, lack of sleep will do that!

geoblewis
10-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Ok, I'm out for now. Pushing my carbs up to 50 net gm for awhile and managing calories more. We'll see how that goes.