Weight Loss Support - Neither losing weight nor gaining any

Lexmex
07-30-2012, 07:54 AM
Hi, first of all my name is David, I'm 16 and I come from Austria (mid-europe) so please neglect minor grammatical and verbal mistakes.
I'm struggling to lose weight for about 5 years now although I am not "too" obese, I am 6.1 foot tall and I weigh 211 pounds.
Now here comes the twist: I already lost much weight due to extreme diets so now I am at a point where I can't lose or gain any weight (I am sure I can although it just doesn't work for me). It doesn't matter whether I eat extremely healthy and exercise or I just sit all day and eat fast food. Of course this is not good for my motivation.
Has anyone of you any tips and/or solutions for my problem?

Here are some facts about me:
>I am a vegetarian
>I eat healthy (for now)
>I don't exercise but my job is hard enough
>I don't binge eat

Thanks in advance for the help!

DietVet
07-30-2012, 10:36 AM
Depending on your build, 210lb at 6'1 might be alright: you're not very overweight at all, which might be part of your problem.

Questions:
- How many pounds are you looking to lose?

- Do you count calories? If not, you should start.

- At your height/weight, body recomposition might be the best thing to focus on: lift heavy weights, eat a healthy diet that is high in protein, and swap out some fat for some muscle. A program such as those in the New Rules of Lifting series would be a great place to start.

Lexmex
07-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Thank you for the fast answers!

- How many pounds are you looking to lose?
I'd like to get down to 165 lbs but any kind of feeling of success would be enough for me.

Do you count calories? If not, you should start.
Well, it's not exactly calorie counting but I keep records of what I eat and I rate it on a scale from one to ten so I get an average day and week calorie income.

lift heavy weights, eat a healthy diet that is high in protein,...
noted!

____

Servus David!
Servus!

Counting calories is a good way to keep track of how much you really are eating.

Looks like I'll really have to start doing that!

go to an online calculator

Can you recommend a trustworthy one?

talking with a doctor

The sad thing is, the doctors I frequently visit tend to be neglecting me/not taking me seriously.

You both already helped me a lot!