Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 05:24 AM   #1  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 7/30/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19
Old 07-30-2012, 05:27 AM   #2  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Good morning IPeeps,

It's really early and I thought I'd try opening the Daily Chat. We're getting ready for the last little bit of our trip. We drove about 600 of the miles yesterday. I'm ready to get there.

Will catch y'all later after getting on the road before big city rush hour traffic. Monday morning and we're in Dayton, OH.

Have a great OP day.

Molly
Old 07-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7'

Happy Monday everyone. I am a recent IP re-starter. I just changed my signature to put in a new goal. I lost 48 the first time around and then put about 20 back on because I didn't follow Ph 4. Ok, I now know the error of my ways and I'm back on track.

I lost over 8 pounds in week one so I am even more motivated and reminded how fantastic this diet really is.

My new goal is to drop 40 pounds total. So my ticker is updated and I'm excited to be back on 3FC.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning!
I'm on Day 5 of my first week on IP! Yesterday I actually felt very full after lunch, but completely ran out of gas around 4:30pm....not hungry, just couldn't keep my eyes open. That hadn't happened since before I started taking my thyroid meds, so it's something I'm watching closely. Might have to call the MD for bloodwork to see if my levels are off again. Anyone else with hypothyroid have that experience on IP?

Today, we get the boys' portraits done at JC Penney! I'm considering letting them wear their superhero costumes from halloween
Old 07-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #5  
Start: 7/23/12

S/C/G: 223/216/165

Height: 5'9

Today makes one week for me on IP, I'm down 7.4 pounds. Pretty happy with this first week of loses. Had a weekend with MANY temptations and was able to avoid them and stay on track, except I probably didn't drink as much water as I should have. Glad to be starting the second week and looking forward to what this week will bring!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/159/130

Height: 5"1

Good morning everyone. Have a geat OP day! Good luck on all WI's.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Morning peeps- my WI over the weekend was 1 lonely pound, but 3 inches lost. Go figure. Probably too much exercise- but who knows. At least the scale is s-l-o-w-l-y moving in the right direction. NSV: Today I am wearing a teal maxi dress that I made for myself a few years ago. It is comfortable around the ribs now, so I am wearing it at work!
Stay OP and drink all your water! That's my goal for today.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Happy Monday everyone. I am a recent IP re-starter. I just changed my signature to put in a new goal. I lost 48 the first time around and then put about 20 back on because I didn't follow Ph 4. Ok, I now know the error of my ways and I'm back on track.
Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning IPeeps,

It's really early and I thought I'd try opening the Daily Chat. We're getting ready for the last little bit of our trip. We drove about 600 of the miles yesterday. I'm ready to get there.
Have a great OP day.

Molly
safe travels Molly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjwready View Post
Today makes one week for me on IP, I'm down 7.4 pounds. Pretty happy with this first week of loses. Had a weekend with MANY temptations and was able to avoid them and stay on track, except I probably didn't drink as much water as I should have. Glad to be starting the second week and looking forward to what this week will bring!
Nice! way to go avoiding the temptations! I had to avoid birthday cake on Saturday and I did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Morning peeps- my WI over the weekend was 1 lonely pound, but 3 inches lost. Go figure. Probably too much exercise- but who knows. At least the scale is s-l-o-w-l-y moving in the right direction. NSV: Today I am wearing a teal maxi dress that I made for myself a few years ago. It is comfortable around the ribs now, so I am wearing it at work!
Stay OP and drink all your water! That's my goal for today.
Know what you mean. I've been playing hide and seek with the same 2-3 pounds for at least 3 weeks now. Darn things keep finding me! I'm hoping to hit 30 pound mark this week!
Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/148/133

Happy Monday. I'm sitting at the oral surgeon's with my oldest son. All 4 wisdom teeth being pulled. Doesn't matter that he's 18; he's still my baby. I had my shake this morning and have my tea with me, along with the laptop so I can work while here.
I've missed several WI's due to work and travel. Next WI is thursday and I'm really hoping to hit 30 pounds gone! I know I've been lax with my water intake. I have to go back to measuring it again.

Hope everyone has a great day and a great week!
Renee
Old 07-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #10  
~Aimee~ On IP 06/26/12

S/C/G: 276/244/176

Good Morning!

How was everyones weekend? Mine was entirely too quick. I got all the school shopping done. Excited that I am not a last minuter like I normally am, haha.

I am trying to mentally prepare myself for this upcoming weekend. On Friday we are leaving to go to Yogi Bear Campground. I plan on bringing all of my packets needed and staying OP. The only thing I worry about is my veggies. How will I get them in? I'll probably be by the pool all day Saturday until 4ish when we have to get ready to go eat at seafood buffet. I got this though. My plan is to just eat the boiled stuff, no fried stuff, but it looks like I wont get any veggies in at that time either. I'm pretty sure I'll find something that will work throughout.

We will return on Sunday and get ready for our New Orleans Saints football game to come on. WHO DAT!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day today!!! It's going to be another hot one!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #11  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend. I surely did, I love watching our country competing at the Olympics! I like the gymnastics and the swimming. Can't wait for the track and field to start. Have a great day all. Let's stay OP!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #12  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone. I feel like today may be a test to see how grown up I really am. I get to work and realize that I had forgotten my lunch! This will be my first day getting lunch on my own. Hummmm, spinach and grilled chicken from SubWay may be my choice today.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220 / see ticker / 140

Height: 5'4"

Well as some of you may know I have really been struggling lately. Maybe you don't know - I tend to avoid posting when I am doing badly. I am sticking with IP but NEED to get back to 100% - no bites of the kids' icecream - not "just two" goldfish even though they are my favorite. I am making life SO difficult.

Anyway ... today I came up with a plan - I have tons of size 10 clothes that are just a little bit too small for me. Not too small like I look like I am going to burst out of them but a tight enough not to be super comfortable like the 12s are. SO my plan is I am wearing the 10s. I will make myself uncomfortable again because that will motivate me. I think I have gone down so much and gotten so many compliments that I have slacked. NO MORE!! I am proud of what I have done so far no doubt BUT I have a lot more to go and if it takes being sort of uncomfortable to get there then so be it.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #14  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimeed3 View Post
Good Morning!

How was everyones weekend? Mine was entirely too quick. I got all the school shopping done. Excited that I am not a last minuter like I normally am, haha.
Me too! (well, most of it, anyway...) It's our first foray into school shopping, my older boy is starting kindergarten in the fall I found a decent sale on Kohl's online with some coupon codes, and got him a bunch of shirts and a few pants. Hoping the pants make it to spring with no holes in the knees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post
Well as some of you may know I have really been struggling lately. Maybe you don't know - I tend to avoid posting when I am doing badly. I am sticking with IP but NEED to get back to 100% - no bites of the kids' icecream - not "just two" goldfish even though they are my favorite. I am making life SO difficult.

Anyway ... today I came up with a plan - I have tons of size 10 clothes that are just a little bit too small for me. Not too small like I look like I am going to burst out of them but a tight enough not to be super comfortable like the 12s are. SO my plan is I am wearing the 10s. I will make myself uncomfortable again because that will motivate me. I think I have gone down so much and gotten so many compliments that I have slacked. NO MORE!! I am proud of what I have done so far no doubt BUT I have a lot more to go and if it takes being sort of uncomfortable to get there then so be it.

That's very similar to what I was doing just before I started IP - my size 16s fit, but with "muffin top" and tightness in my legs. I have size 18's that are looser and more comfortable, but I refused to wear them and "give in" to the bigger size. It was enough to get me in to see the coach If you can do it once, you can do it again! Good luck!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #15  
Restart IP 7/25/12

S/C/G: 199/142/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole3 View Post

You can do it. I did the same thing. I was 14lbs from my goal, I had lost 55lbs. I got so many compliments and got lax. I did not gain any weight until I was diagnosed with cancer. I so wished I had stuck to it the whole way through to goal in the first place. Who knows maybe I wouldn't have tried to drown my fears with food. Now I starting all over, round 2. I am determined this will be the last time.
Closed Thread