Old 07-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Default Mango RTD drink

so I have 3 of these and I can't stand the heavy texture but I really feel like a cool drink right about now. Has anyone figured out how to manipulate this drink to make it more refreshing and less thick??

thanks.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I've never been on IP, but I've had similar issues with both RTD and pudding/shake powders in the past (The Cambridge diet back in the early 80's had some pretty horrendous shakes that turned to pudding if you let them sit. If you wanted to drink it as a shake you had to do it REALLY fast or it seemed to congeal almost as you drank it, getting thicker with each swallow.

I solved the problem by adding ice and seltzer water to the shake in the blender. This made a much bigger drink though, so it worked great for flavors I liked (such as the milkchocolate), but only created a bigger problem with the flavors I didn't like (strawberry).

If you like the mango flavor, but don't like the texture, the water or carbonated water and ice should thin the texture of the shake. But if you don't like the flavor, it just creates more of it to get down.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #3  

I blend in mixer with ice to make a smoothie - delicious!
GramEGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #4  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
so I have 3 of these and I can't stand the heavy texture but I really feel like a cool drink right about now. Has anyone figured out how to manipulate this drink to make it more refreshing and less thick??

thanks.
i freeze mine in an ice cube tray in 6 cubes...then i blend in 3 with 1/2 of the pina colada for a lighter icy version....YUM!!!!

you could also use the vanilla too

also...i will dice an orange tomato...and soak it in a tbsp of mango drink and make a mango salsa!!! i love that!! you can find the recipe here

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-rainbow.html
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #5  
lcmd09

S/C/G: 223/172/150

Height: 5'4"

Haven't tried the RTD mango version, but I put 2 cups cucumbers, 1.5X the normal amount of water, ice, and the peach mango drink mix in a blender the other day to make a smoothie, and it was light and tasty--a very summery drink! Let me know if it tastes good with the RTD version. I'd gotten to where I couldn't look at eating another sliced cucumber, but it tasted nice blended.
lcmd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #6  
Restart IP 05/19/14

S/C/G: 370/349/150

Height: 5'5"

I have an 8-pack of the RTD. I had one earlier from a variety pack and loved it. It is thick, but I think that's what I like about it. If you drink Crystal Light, maybe try diluting the RTD with the orange Crystal Light?? Or make an orange Koolaid with unsweetened Koolaid, sweetened with your own sweetener?
I think this might be quite good! I like the original, but this would give you more.
Or make ice cubes with the Koolaid, then blend the mango RTD into a smoothie?
mylastdiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/141.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Since, I have trouble getting all my water in...if I made a frothy summery drink as described above, could I count the ice towards some of my water intake? Thanks for any advice!
Im escaping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #8  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post

thanks.
I've thought the same exact thing you did. Do you have an IP shaker? I have one that I use to drink water in all day.

Anyway, I pour the Mango RTD in my shaker, put 4-5 ice cubes, then fill the shaker the rest of the way with cold water. I even squirt a tiny bit of Black Cherry MiO into it. Shake it up and there ya go. The water thins out the Mango stuff.

jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote