100 lb. Club - Food Poisoning

View Full Version : Food Poisoning

SuchAPrettyFace
04-04-2003, 09:36 PM
I don't recommend it to anyone. Ever.

Never never never eat @ Famous Dave's. :(

karilyn1982
04-04-2003, 09:58 PM
Ekkk....sorry to hear about the food poisoning. I've never had it happen to me before, but I've had a family member with it at one time, and I know they said it was not pleasant at all.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

~ Kari ~

missaprylj
04-05-2003, 01:07 AM
Ohh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick. My wishes for a speedy recovery. Get well soon! *hugs* -Apryl-

Goddess Jessica
04-05-2003, 06:45 PM
I once got salmonella poisoning after playing with an iguana.

I mean, I don't lick iguanas usually but this one was pretty darn cute. ;)

Jennelle
04-06-2003, 02:37 PM
Ugh. I feel your pain. The sickest I have ever been in my LIFE was from eating tainted raw oysters back in 1985. To this day, I can't even LOOK at a raw oyster without my stomach doing a flip.

SuchAPrettyFace
04-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the sympathy, gals. I know I shouldn't have been eating there in the first place. My friend was so excited about going there & I didn't want to let her down. I ordered the appetizer of catfish fingers & it came w/a mayo-based sauce. So I'm not sure if it was bad fish or the mayo or a combo of the two, but today is the first day I've had solid food since Wednesday am.

Next time I will be ordering a salad. This has been a huge wake up call for me as well as the end to a binge that lasted far too long.

Sandi
04-07-2003, 05:10 PM
So glad you are feeling better!!! :D

dabrat
04-07-2003, 10:46 PM
ewww so sorry about the food poisioning incident. I had it with Fat Free Hotdogs. Thet pulled them off the shelves after to many people were reactiong to an ingredient in them. I was one of the lucky to get sick. That was almost 10 years ago and I still do not like hot dogs to this day.
Daphne
Hope you are feeling better.

Sheila53
04-08-2003, 02:29 AM
Oh, yuck. Glad you're feeling a bit better. That's definitely not the wake-up call you requested, I'm sure!

I had it once after eating a chicken enchilada. Took quite a while to work up my nerve to go to Mexican restaurants, but having a Margarita before I order really helps!

suzie76
04-08-2003, 07:51 AM
Hi,

I'm so sorry to hear you were sick. I hope you're feeling much better. I've heard food poisoning is ****. Take care of yourself.

Hugs,
Sherry

muelledk
04-08-2003, 04:07 PM
The problem that I have with a margarita before I order at mexican food, is that I'm never sure if the feeling I have later (or the next morning) is the Margarita, or bad food! :headache: (hic)

Glad to hear that you are feeling better. It is such an awful feeling.