Old 07-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/** ticker **/170

Height: 5'9

Default vitamins

Has anyone found vitamin replacements for the ones we buy thru IP? I am wondering if I can save some money in this area but maintain the vitamin intake.

THANKS!
faithgirljen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I have the same question - I did some searching online but what I found either had different dosing, or different form of the vitamin (IE, oyster shells/calcium carbonate instead of calcium citrate, a Magnesium compound instead of magnesium citrate).
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #3  
Joined IP 6/11/12

S/C/G: 260/170/175

Height: 5'8"

I have the same question and still haven't found an answer. Please keep up updated if you learn something!
Thanks,
Ken
ChileheadKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #4  
Started IP 7/5/12

S/C/G: 186.7/172.6/150

Height: 5'7.5

There is a website for a diet called the 'Centsable Diet'. It looks like the exact same protocol as IP but using alternative products which cost much less.

This is something that I'm researching but I haven't had a chance to look at the recommended vitamin/supplements to see if they are in the correct doses (though I suspect that they are). If you have a chance to review them please let me know what you find out.

Here's the link to the recommended IP Alteranative vitamins: http://www.centsablediet.com/vitamins.htm
BRfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRfirefly View Post
There is a website for a diet called the 'Centsable Diet'. It looks like the exact same protocol as IP but using alternative products which cost much less.

This is something that I'm researching but I haven't had a chance to look at the recommended vitamin/supplements to see if they are in the correct doses (though I suspect that they are). If you have a chance to review them please let me know what you find out.

Here's the link to the recommended IP Alteranative vitamins: http://www.centsablediet.com/vitamins.htm
Hmmm...the forms are correct (Cal citrate, mag citrate) but the dose is higher (1000mg calcium in 6 caplets). You could get away with 4 caplets daily and be a smidge above what the IP dose is for the Cal-Mag.

They have the potassium citrate, but you'd probably have to take an additional calcium citrate supplement to match the K-Cal with IP. I don't have that bottle with me so not sure of the concentration.

That's a lot closer than what I've found so far! Definintely worth considering!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #6  
Started IP 5/16/2016

S/C/G: 220/220/165

Height: 5'6

I found all my replacement vitamins at The Vitamin Shoppe.

I had to go into the actual store - as opposed to their online store - and search for them. It was a little tough, but the sales clerk in the particular location I visited was EXTREMELY helpful and patient.

He took his time and went thru each IP bottle and label with me and compared them apples to apples. Loved it! He was great.

I was able to successfully replace my IP multivitamin and my Cal Mag with no problem.

When the other IP supplements run out, I'll replace those as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithgirljen View Post
Has anyone found vitamin replacements for the ones we buy thru IP? I am wondering if I can save some money in this area but maintain the vitamin intake.

THANKS!
marlenesuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/230/160

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenesuer View Post
I found all my replacement vitamins at The Vitamin Shoppe.

I had to go into the actual store - as opposed to their online store - and search for them. It was a little tough, but the sales clerk in the particular location I visited was EXTREMELY helpful and patient.

He took his time and went thru each IP bottle and label with me and compared them apples to apples. Loved it! He was great.

I was able to successfully replace my IP multivitamin and my Cal Mag with no problem.

When the other IP supplements run out, I'll replace those as well.
I have been thinking about finding a less expensive replacement. What are the names of the ones you replaced?
yowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:59 AM   #8  
Started IP 7/5/12

S/C/G: 186.7/172.6/150

Height: 5'7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Hmmm...the forms are correct (Cal citrate, mag citrate) but the dose is higher (1000mg calcium in 6 caplets). You could get away with 4 caplets daily and be a smidge above what the IP dose is for the Cal-Mag.

They have the potassium citrate, but you'd probably have to take an additional calcium citrate supplement to match the K-Cal with IP. I don't have that bottle with me so not sure of the concentration.

That's a lot closer than what I've found so far! Definintely worth considering!
Thanks for comparing those for me. I really appreciate it!
BRfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 299.8/282.3/160

Height: 5'8"

Bump ...
AngieBaby41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 331.6/312/165

Height: 5'10''

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowzer View Post
I have been thinking about finding a less expensive replacement. What are the names of the ones you replaced?
I agree. Do you have the names?? I would really like to be able to replace the expensive vitamins.
Readytobeslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 237/232/170

Height: 6'0

Default Cents*able diet

Anyone heard of the cents*able diet? How does it compare to Ideal protein?
Thanks
Hoops50 is offline   Reply With Quote