View Poll Results: How Many Hours Per Week Do You Spend Watching Television?
Zero....Don't Have Time/Don't Like To Watch 0 0%
1-4 Hours 1 10.00%
4-7 Hours 5 50.00%
7-10 Hours 1 10.00%
Over 10 Hours 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies...(#3)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 04-04-2003, 06:05 PM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #2 And Read The Last Few Posts There!!!!!
Old 04-04-2003, 07:56 PM   #3  

Hi everyone. I'm "back". Despite what people seem to think I really haven't been anywhere, but even had my former boss looking for me this week. I did have a seminar one day and class 2 days, so haven't been near the computer or phone as much as usual.

The seminar was interesting (about becoming a substitute teacher) but I'll need to do more research on that one. It wouldn't be until next year, and hopefully by then I will more set to move to Tennessee.

The class was "fun". It was one of the classes offered by my former office, and could be useful either here or Tennessee. It was great seeing a few of the people I used to work with. I did learn some stuff, including one item that for the life of me, I can't figure out what we were thinking when we set something up. Luckily, it's not a major item except in Cook County, and they deserve what they get.

My big news is that I won a "package" of gifts from a local radio station. Tuesday was our local elections, and the station did their usual prediction contest. You were to call in, and predict the winner of 9 elections and 1 referendum. Three of us got them all correct, and I won the tie-breaker. I will have to pick up the package Monday at the studio so I'm not real sure what all it includes. Knowing the guys on the morning show, some of it will definitely be connected with food.

Sherry and Debbie, what did you think of the Titan schedule? I thought we should have gotten at least one Monday night home game, and from reading one of the Titan boards, I'm not the only one thinking that one.

Oh, when you're scheduling your "trip" through Kentucky, I'm only 220 miles north in Illinois, and then it could be on to either Kansas or Wisconsin!
Old 04-04-2003, 09:38 PM   #4  
THINKING THIN!!!!

TGIF!!! for sure!!

This was the longest week, guess I would like it better to work 3 days and be off 4...LOL. Dreaming!! I went to a luncheon today for Metro School Food Service. There was a lot of no nos too. But I was so proud of myself, only ate the pulled pork and coleslaw.

Guess what....Me and Sherry made our reservations for Panama City this morning!!! We got a beautiful suite right on the beach, at a reasonable price too. We are staying 9 days and 8 nights this year and I can't wait!! I counted up the days and there is still plenty of time for these Tennessee girls to shed some pounds before we leave !! 84 DAYS!!!! and we are out of here!!!

Hope everyone has a great OP weekend!!

Day 12 of being totally 100% OP!!

Debbie
Old 04-05-2003, 12:24 AM   #5  
Losing it!

You girls will have so much fun on your trip!!!!!! Are you two taking the boys along????

W@W!!! Thanks Dee!!! I always wanted to go to Florida!! Thanks for the freebie to Shelley's house. Now I better get my butt in gear if I'm going to make it all the way to Canada!!!
Old 04-05-2003, 12:26 AM   #6  
Losing it!

Titan Dee: Congrats on the winnings!!! I hope you end up with some neat stuff!!!
Old 04-05-2003, 02:06 AM   #7  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

This has been an extremely terrible, tough, awful week at school. I have seriously begun questioning my career choice, and at one point had all but driven myself to the "nervous hospital."

Dieting is the LAST thing on my mind right now. However, I did take a tour of the local health club with hubby yesterday. He gets a fantastic corporate family rate through his work, so we're joining. At least that's something to look forward to.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:14 AM   #8  

hello all!
boy what a busy week.
the weather was so perfect here in the 70s.
i took advantage of itand raked the yeard major clean the yard.
we get some winds here in indiana.
not to mention the kids in the neighborhood contibutions.
catagans got tested and she above her grades in everything but math there shes to be where she posed to be.
i was so excited.
the thrill of knowing you contributed.
im so glad we decided to homeschool her.
shes so smart im so biased.

brian bought out one of his 3 vacations and worked it and today i paid all of our utilities off.
what a feeling.
now our rents due and i was gonna be short but brian came home today and hes working tomarrow!!!!!!
the rent will be paid.
im so happy.

wed. a friend of mine passed away.
he was 39 his mom said he got home from work ordered a pizza went to bed and never woke up.
there doing a autoposy.
suspecting a heart attack.
i was shocked.

sherry,awesome news on the 4 pounds!!!
your doing great your gonna be a hottie!!!!

dee,you know you can always talk to us,never feel your a downer!

debbie,wohooo on your 2 pounds gone!
you will reach your easter goal!!!
you can do it!

you guys have a ball on your trip!!
love to all my floozies!!!
doni
Old 04-05-2003, 06:49 AM   #9  

Jennelle-I'm sorry you are having a rough time right now. Things are the same at our school too, since it is evaluation time. Is that why you are having a rough time? Also, since we are a Title I school, they are now requiring all aides to have a 2 year degree, or take a test and pass it. We have already had 1 person fail, and she is now not allowed in the classrooms at all. How awful is that? There is no grandfathering in, either. So even if someone has been with the district 25 years, and don't have the degree, they have to take the test.
Old 04-05-2003, 07:20 AM   #10  
Carol

"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."

I saw this sentence the other day and thought of all my floozie friends. You are all my angels!!!

I did great yesterday. One full day OP!! Woo Hoo!!!

I am now officially on track!!

Dee: are you going to share all those winnings:

Debbie & Sherry: I am so jealous of you two and your vacation. I am in need of one of those myself. Can I come stuff myself into your suitcase?

Doni: I am sorry sorry to hear about your friend. 39... so young!! I will pray for you and your family to help you through this difficult time!!

Off to take a shower this morning and get my day started. I will check back later.

Have a great OP day my friends!

Carol

Old 04-05-2003, 09:15 AM   #11  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Shelley - I feel for the aide. It's all thanks to "No Child Left Untested" - oh, wait, I meant "No Child Left Behind." It's what happens when politicians meddle in things they know NOTHING about.

My problems are stemming from the absolutely insane, horrible discipline problems at our school, a TOTAL disrespect for teachers by students, and an administrationg that gives FAR too many "second chances" to children whose behavior in and out of the classroom makes it impossible to teach. I'm basically a babysitter, and a horribly underpaid one at that. This is NOT why I became a teacher.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:48 AM   #12  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Morning!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend planned. The TV said we had severe storms here last night but I must have slept right through it. Today is suppose to be nice though, around mid 60's. Perfect weather for walking.

Jennelle.....I feel your pain. working in a middle school is one of the hardest things I've ever done. I wonder everyday what kind of adults these kids are going to become. There is no control at my school either. I used to send a student to the office and they would be back in a couple of minutes. So it appears no one cares, which is sad.

Carol.....WOOO HOOO!! See...I knew you could do it!!! Now just do today, what you did yesterday!! Please keep posting, I truely think it is a tool to help keep us OP. I have an extra suitcase you could hide in. But it's kind of small, guess losing some wieght will help you fit into it...

Sherry....83 more days!!!! I'm getting excited and it is helping me so much to stay OP!!! Looking toward to you and Wayne coming up tonight. We will drive the guys crazy talking about FLORIDA..LOL.

Doni.....That is sad sad about your friend!! My thoughts and prayers go out for his family. I'm so glad things are getting better for you.

Gayle....You are so funny!! Of course we HAVE TO take the boys this time!!! Can you imagine me and Sherry on the beach by ourselves for 8 DAYS!!!

Jeanne....You are such a sweetie!! You will surely get the "Floozie Of The Year" award!! I don't think I have ever gotten food in the mail, but why not!! Thanks again!!

Titan Dee.....Can't wait to hear what's in your gift pack!! You keep talking of moving to Nashville, when is this suppose to happen?

Ramona......Are you still OP? What's the latest news on the boys? Hope you have a great weekend!!

Dee.....This "crazy trip" has got me thinking about how great it would be for us to really meet each other. I believe it could happen someday!!

Ok....All my other Floozie friends!! Where are you? Come on and join in the fun. I have been posting for over 2 years and I don't think I have ever seen this group so ""EXCITED ABOUT LOSING WEIGHT"".

I'm on my second cup of coffee and still haven moved from this spot...LOL. Need to get busy!!

Love you guys...Deb
Old 04-05-2003, 10:59 AM   #13  

Good Mornin' Floozies

I wanted to post before I started on the house.Tonight we're going to Debbie's to play cards.

Debbie^^^^^ I'm so excited about the suite on the beach!! 83 more days & we'll be there!! Hopefully we'll be a LOT smaller this year! Keep on LOOZING!! Lookin' forward to coming up tonight!

Dee (Titan)^^^^^ Congrats on the winning!! Let us know what all was in the surprise package! Hopefully it won't be a lot of "bad junk stuff!" Glad your seminar went well. The Titan's schedule is ok with me.The Monday night games are hard for Debbie & I to work THEN get up early and go to work!

Jennelle & Shelley^^^^^ Our School system passed the proposal to start giving the test to all aids also.But ONLY for all the new employees.If you are already working there, you wouldn't have to take the test. Jennelle, I know exactly how you feel.Ever since they took the paddling out of Schools, the kids are horrible! They know they can't be touched!! It's not so bad in my School because we're only K-4 BUT the middle & high Schools here are the PITS! There are kids in these Schools that curse the teachers out and NOTHING is being done! What happened to our "Old Schooling??" Man...to have those days back!! I feel that teachers can't teach nowadays because of lack of discipline and these kids are our FUTURE! It's so sad.

Doni^^^^^ You sound so good! I'm glad that everything is working out for you!! Sorry to hear about your friend.What a young age! We never know, do we? Hey...racking the yard is great exercise!! Just think of all those calories you burnt!!!!!!

Carol^^^^^ Wow.......You are doing great!!! You sounded like it has "CLICKED!" Don't give up! Keep going strong!! If you slip, that's ok...hang in there and start right back!! I'm so happy that you're posting again!! We needed YOU and you needed US!!!! Love ya!!

Dee^^^^^ You're very busy on the walking thread but not here!! Come on...we need you!!! How is Dez? Is everything getting back to normal? How's your Mom?

Vicki & Lisa^^^^^ Where are you??? Come back whereever you are!!!!

Jeanne^^^^^ You are doing great on your food choices and walking!!!! I'm so happy & proud of you!! Keep up the great job!!!!! What's your goal?

Ramona^^^^^ How are you? How's the boys? Are you still staying OP? Post soon....Its just not the same without you girl!!

Gayle^^^^^ I couldn't help but laugh about the dog BUT I would also be so pissed!!! I think that the owners should have to pay for all the work that you have to re-do! Hey girl...How about going to Florida with us! You've never been? I would love for you too!!!!!!!!!!

Ok...I'm outta here! Got to start cleaning!! Have a great OP day!!!! This wil be day "20" OP for me!!!!

Hugs,
Sherry

Last edited by Sherry; 04-05-2003 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:04 PM   #14  

Sherry-I realize you are doing great and have lost an awesome amount of weight, but I looked at your menu that you posted on the Easter thread. If this is all you are eating, you are not eating enough!! Are you taking any vitamins? Are you adding any salads or "free" type foods (carrots, celery, etc.) I don't want you getting sick on us!! Please make sure you are eating enough! If you don't your metabolism will come to a stand still. Please, please be careful!!!

Doni-So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jennelle-Luckily, our principal sends home any child that is misbehaving. She will not stand for it. Our school is in a minority area, and we have many low income families attending. I am lucky to have such an outstanding administration to work for.

Debbie and Sherry-Okay, even though I'm a bookkeeper, I can't count at home!! Exactly what is the date for you entry into the Sunshine State?

Carol-Kudos to you!! Keep it up!

Dee- I ran so much today that I got a huge blood blister on the side of my foot. I'm so proud!!
Old 04-05-2003, 12:28 PM   #15  

I just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful weekend. It is beautiful here today, but supposed to rain tomorrow. Our town is having a "support the troops" rally this afternoon and I plan to go.....if I can stay out of the ladies room long enough! I have a staph infection in my hand and I am taking 2000 mg of anitbiotics per day. That really messes with my stomach!

Everyone take care and stay OP. You are all doing great!!!!! I tried on some clothes last night that had somehow "shrunk" over the winter(hehehe) and they now fit again! That keeps me motivated to go onward.

Love to all,
Ramona
Closed Thread