Atkins - Having A Rough Week :(

View Full Version : Having A Rough Week :(

Simona
07-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Well...this week sucks big time for me!

I had issues with my pouch - stoma closed off and had to get it re-opened. That's an ordeal in itself but because of that I havent been able to eat anything solid. I was mostly on protein shakes and soups this week...that means high carbs, out of ketosis, out of Induction.

It also means I gotta start over on Monday. Ugh! I hate starting over. Im taking the weekend to reintroduce more solid foods. So looking forward to eating regular foods again.

I did up my grocery list and on it was all my favorite foods Ive been dreaming about all week...steak, shrimp, cheese, eggs...OMG! Once a foodie, always a foodie. LOL!

Hope everyone else had a good week and has a great weekend planned.

sandyfanny
07-27-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm sorry you've had a sucky week. I'm glad you have Monday and yummy foods to look forward to - feel better!

TiffNeedsChange
07-28-2012, 12:28 AM
I'm sorry you're dealing with with that misery. My mom has Crohn's disease and an ileostomy and has issues from time to time. Is your stoma something to do with your "pouch"(I am not sure what that is) or do you have a colostomy or ileostomy in addition?

Summer2010
07-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Have a great week....stay strong....you can do it :)

Simona
07-30-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm sorry you're dealing with with that misery. My mom has Crohn's disease and an ileostomy and has issues from time to time. Is your stoma something to do with your "pouch"(I am not sure what that is) or do you have a colostomy or ileostomy in addition?

The pouch is what we call our new stomachs after weight loss surgery. I had gastric bypass so the stoma is the new opening from the stomach to the intestines. That can sometimes close off and when it does, the food and liquids have no place to go but back up and out. Not pleasant at all. Ugh!

TiffNeedsChange
07-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Oh ok, similar to when my mom gets intestinal blockages - she was in the hospital for that recently. I hope your stoma has opened back up and you are having a better week.

ghost
07-30-2012, 07:28 PM
Oh Simona, that sounds miserable! I hope you get to eat some real food soon.