Old 07-26-2012, 10:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Belly Fat, Need Your Advice

I am in Week #5 and have a lot of belly fat. My friend who has been on IP for 5 months has lost 40 lbs (50% goal) and still has kept her belly fat. I was wondering what your experience has been in losing weight? I have heard that the only way to get rid of belly fat (viseral fat) is aerobic exercise and yet I am reluctant on these types of exercises with such low caloric intake. Any input would be helpful.
Blueskywyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/171/145

Height: 5'4"

I've been on IP for 4.5 weeks. I've lost a total of 6 inches in my torso (3#s in waist, 3#s in hips) - I can tell some of my belly fat has decreased.

However, most of my fat seem to be coming from my thighs and calves.
vovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 184/162/145

Height: 5'6"

I disagree; I have always had an apple shape and this is the one diet that has gotten rid of the "mommy roll." I do planks and pushups daily - start with just one if that is all you can do; you can build up very quickly, they are not arerobic and they work wonders for core (belly).
kms12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 161/142/135

I have only been on the plan for 2 weeks and I can tell a huge difference in my belly already. That is were I store most of my weight too. I had a lot of bloating prior to the diet so some of it may have just been that. But I have been very happy with my results so far!!
krisnchris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:54 PM   #5  

what about pilates? its gentle core strengthening (if you get a beginners )

I too have noticed it coming off my belly but maybe mine was so big to begin with lol.

Good luck and congrats tho!
shardianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #6  

Thank you all for responding. Your input helped.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

By week 5 you can start exercising again, just have some protein within 1/2 hour after working out. I walk, which is great for loosing tummy fat, and I also lift weights which is excellent for your entire body. My tummy will never be flat again, thanks to too much fat that was there, but it's a lot better than it was.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #8  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

I am a true "obtuse hourglass" While my body distributes fat everywhere porportionatly... i do have a huge amount on my belly more so then in years before...I notice that its the last place that it comes off...I usually lose my fat off my boobs, arms and legs first...then my back and finally my stomach...It takes a long time for me to see change in terms of fat loss on my belly , even with exercising...However....i know that bloating wise, my stomach is flatter on this diet then any other diet...
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

You just need to give it time. As you move toward goal, the fat will come off- and it will have to come off your tummy eventually (and by that time you'll have nice skinny legs!)

Also, a lot of women overestimate the size of their tummies compared to others. It's probably not as big of a problem as you think!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #10  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

I'm an 'apple' shape - carry a lot of my extra weight through the middle, midrift and belly area. I was anxious for quite a while that I wasn't seeing much of a decrease in my belly, but lately it's beginning to be more apparent. Also I'm wearing slacks that I couldn't get into before, so the weight must be coming off somewhat from everywhere, or those zippers wouldn't side up my belly. . In fact I was chuffed yesterday when I tried on a pair of very form fitting black jeans that were definitely still too tight just two weeks ago. My belly had to have decreased somewhat in order to allow that. There's no take in those jeans whatsoever. Next 'jean goal' is a pair of denims I love that hopefully I'll fit back in to when I get closer to 170 again. One of my goals all along has been to get back into those denims, and I can feel it getting closer.

I think as long as we hold in there until we hit goal, we'll see good results with the belly/midrift.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #11  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I don't know if it's applicable for everyone, but I know from my past weight loss experiences that my personal issue has been less about belly FAT as belly TONING. In my case, if my belly was still jiggling after losing weight it was usually because my core was weak. I'm planning to incorporate some very light yoga after the first few weeks on IP to try and build core strength while I'm losing.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:30 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
By week 5 you can start exercising again, just have some protein within 1/2 hour after working out. I walk, which is great for loosing tummy fat, and I also lift weights which is excellent for your entire body. My tummy will never be flat again, thanks to too much fat that was there, but it's a lot better than it was.
Great advice, and thanks. IP is helping me lose my weight, exercise will help me regain muscle loss due to inactivity. Starting an exercise regimen today. And, I can understand the need for more protein within 1/2 hour after working out to refuel the muscles.