WW At Home - Guesstimating Help

View Full Version : Guesstimating Help

Charmed7
07-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone, I just started WW again. I did Online for 4 months and loss quite a bit of weight and my budget made me quit, but I got myself a food journal and I have the WW Points Plus Calculator and I'm counting my points and losing weight again.

Because I'm tracking progress etc, I want to put a number for a lunch I had out at a restaurant. It was an Avocado Turkey Wrap sandwich. It was a decent regular size flour wrap. No cheese, just the avocado and turkey. And a side of french fries (maybe about 6-7oz of fries).

Just for reporting purposes, what would you guesstimate the points for that is? My day came to 14 plus the lunch. I was thinking I would just do 12 to bring it up to 26. Or do you think it's more???

Thanks in advance,
C7

kc82
07-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Guessing is not a good idea, you'd be surprised at how much people underestimate. Here's what I would do:

Go to Google and type in "nutritional information for an avocado" and use the nutrition information to figure out the points on your calculator. Then search for the nutritional information for turkey, then a flour wrap, etc...

Obviously it doesn't have to be exact, but by doing that, it will give you a closer estimate of how many points you've eaten.

That's what I do when I eat out and I'm not sure of the points I ate. It has worked for me so far. :)

Tudor Rose
07-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Kc82 is right, people often underestimate. Avocado can be high in points depending on how much was had and in the WW tracker, 6 oz of generic French Fries comes out to 12 points all on its own.

Definitely look up the nutritional info and plug it into your calculator.