Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 11:16 AM   #1  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Default Chat April 4th on

Can someone go close the other one? It is soooo long now.

I know what foods are good and what are bad...but the numbers are mindboggling just the same. Check this article out. http://fitness.msn.com/articles/edit...40203_12snacks If that doesn't work, check out the front MSN page today. Top 12 things you shouldn't eat if trying to lose weight.

I am back on track. This past week has been awful. Too much going on....I need to relax. Chris is back to work (his days off are always so go-go-go.) Grif is less clingy. I have groceries. I have some house projects I want to work on. That should keep me away from the junk. I made a menu for dinner for the next week. That should keep us out of the restaurants. I need to call welfare...but I don't want to. I will call this afternoon if there isn't a letter in the mailbox with the income. I know I should jump on it...but I am not in the mood to deal with it. They only let me talk to the front desk lady at this time of day anyways.... Trying to get stuff accomplished before they get me in a bad mood.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!
Old 04-04-2003, 11:30 AM   #2  
Student of the Hoof

Hiyas flower

That article had me scared for a few seconds with that "tuna sandwich" thing... then I read the rest of it and .. well duh, yeah. I already use the no fat miracle whip and stuff, so I'm cool.

Sounds like you have a lot to do, and I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with government agencies. *cringe*

I'm so darned glad it's friday. It's been a very busy couple of weeks at work and we're finally in a little bit of a slow spot, so I can catch up with stuff and move in a slightly more relaxed fashion. It's been wearing me out. I'm really looking forward to just doing lots of whatever I feel like doing this weekend!
Old 04-05-2003, 07:24 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Look at this...

Today .. Snow heavy at times becoming mixed with ice pellets and freezing rain near noon. Wind east 40 gusting to 60 km/h. Reduced visibility in blowing snow. High zero.
Tonight .. Snow tapering to flurries overnight. Wind north 30 km/h. Total accumulation 15 to 25 cm. Low minus 8.

You know, if my depression meds weren't working so darned well at the moment I'd probably SLIT MY THROAT!!! aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!
When the heck is winter going to END!?!?! 15 to 25 cm!!! Good lord.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:20 AM   #4  
Old Cackler

my deepest sympathies, ellis! this was [is] such a long winter. we finally have daffs up, and some hyacinths, but only in the sunniest spots. the areas that get some shade have some green things poking out, but no flowers yet.

last week was very busy, and i'd love to be able to look forward to a quiet weekend, but not sure that'll happen. mom 'n me manicures this morning, then i have sock knitting class [keeps my hands busy and out of snacks!], and then i have to hit the gym at some point and take a hike with the dog. and laundry and groceries and THE DREADED TAXES!!!!!

AND the spring clothes sales are starting. and since i have absolutely no clothes right now [not an exaggeration: everything is 2 sizes too big and all the spring and summer stuff i had last year has been donated or tossed - it was all about 3-4 sizes too big at the end of last summer, and now would be about 6 sizes too big]

<sigh> what a shame NOT!!!!! I'm ok until the weather gets warmer, but then, NOTHING. so i'd better get going. too bad i hate to shop!

tell me, ladies... does anyone make bike shorts in a size 18 or so?
Old 04-05-2003, 10:22 AM   #5  

Jiffy, I do believe we have to sew two pairs of size 9's together to get an 18.
You know what else bugs me... the biking tops... they're supposed to go over your hips, and they DON'T!!!

I hope it isn't as hot this summer as it was last. Listen to me... ***** ***** *****...

I'm actually having a great day. I've just made up charts for the kids for their chores and everyday stuff. And I've mended and washed my white linen living room curtains... I'm going to hang them on the line for about a week to bleach them. They're going to smell DIVINE!!
Old 04-05-2003, 10:50 AM   #6  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

YUP!! We have ice on everything today. It looks beautiful, but I fear for the tulips and jonquils which had begun pushing their way up and out of the ground. sigh.....
Old 04-05-2003, 12:04 PM   #7  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

It snowed here yesterday.

Sorry I haven't been around. I have been trying to get stuff done around here. I haven't done much in decorating since I moved in. . Need less online time. So...for the next week or two, I am going to concentrate on getting chores done.

I spent 4 hours cleaning Rileys room yesterday, hanging up art work, rearanging furniture, cleaning the carpet. Today I deal with my living room. Tomorrow is Griffins room. So much fun... But I can't stand not being able to find stuff and I want to invite people over.

I am not giving up on the diet, I just need to spend time on other things. I can't be preoccupied with it 24-7. I will burn out and go eat bon bons! I will check in once or twice a day to see how everyone is doing... Hugs...flower
Old 04-05-2003, 01:59 PM   #8  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Afternoon everyone!

Well we now have snow on the ground too and it is -13 with the wind chill factor

DH's show went really well last night, they got a great reception from the crowd and were interviewed by 3 media crews. I ended up getting home at 3 am

The band is playing again tonight so I guess I will be having another late night!

I'm not sure how I did with the test yesterday - I think I have a 50/50 chance of passing.

Later,
Mauvais
Old 04-05-2003, 02:14 PM   #9  

I'm glad DH's show went well, Mauvais!! I looked at their website... it's COOL!!!
Keeping fingers crossed for you for the job, sweetie!!
Old 04-05-2003, 02:31 PM   #10  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Hi ladies,

I'm here! We are moved and for the most part, unpacked. Might be changing internet servers next week so it's possible I could be off line again for a while.

The move went well. The only bad thing to come out of it is the people that were renting this house from the prior owners left there cat in the garage and won't come and get it. It's been locked in the garage since Dec 1st when they first moved into this place because it hadn't been fixed (male) and they didn't want it spraying in the house so they locked it up in the garage for 4 months with hardly any light or human contact. The poor cat is afraid of people. It had been feed but they didn't have anything for the cat to use as a litter box so there is cat crap all over the floor! They left the garage door open hoping that the cat would wonder off and it won't. I called the humane society up and they won't come and get the cat because all there foster homes for animals are booked up. I've called animal control and am waiting a response from then. The other option we have is the former owner of the house knows where these people have moved to and she will call the police and get them involved. The humane society said these people can be charged with abandanment, neglect and cruelty to animals.
So other than a cat that came with the house that I didn't know about, all went well LOL
I've pretty much thrown the diet out the window this past week. Haven't been watching what I eat or getting to the gym. Monday I'm starting fresh and I think that I will do WW at home and see if that helps me. So much for the Easter Challenge.

Glad to know that everyone is doing great.
Gotta run. Time for me to get ready for work. I'll check back in again soon.

~Kelly~
Old 04-05-2003, 08:36 PM   #11  

Kelly, so glad you're moved in! You must be so happy!!
That is DREADFUL about the cat!! The poor little thing... I hope the owners are charged for being so cruel.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:29 AM   #12  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Mauvais - Good luck on the job! and congrats on all DH's cool stuff.
Hello everyone else.

I am home, but tired. Things went well, mostly. I'll be back later to post more.

Old 04-06-2003, 11:31 AM   #13  
Must Shrink.

Oh my god! They left the cat in the garage???? There is a cat rescue place out of Hamilton, a no-kill place. My boss got her cat from them. I could get the number for you if you like.

Lois
Old 04-06-2003, 04:16 PM   #14  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Squeak-WELCOME HOME!!!!!! How was Vancouver? I hope you got out and had some fun as well as doing the work thang!!!

Kelly-WHAT A$$HOLES!!! I'd come and get the cat myself if I lived closer. Poor little sweetie pie..... (ONE of these days I'll get a kitten, but I keep on rescuing cats that other people dump for one reason or another!)

Mauvais-THAT is the kind of low sleep I like!! Going out and having fun and supporting DH's band!! I am glad they are doing so well!! What is their website? I'd like to check it out too. I hope that the test went well. What did they test you on/for anyway? Sometimes they really put you on the spot, and I sure hope it wasn't one of those deals.

Flower-Is Griffin better? I can relate to all the work you are trying to do around the house. I am trying to reorganize around here.
Old 04-07-2003, 08:22 AM   #15  
Soon to be Sex Symbol!

Good morning ladies,

Well, the Humane Society is now involved. They are going after the owners of the cat for abandanment and neglect. I had to take pictures of the condition of the garage. Still don't know if they are going to take the cat or not though.

Today is Day 1 of doing WW at home. I'll do my exercises at home after dh goes to work this afternoon. I don't have a car to get to the gym today so I have to do my exercises at home.

I'm feeling very fat lately. Not sure why. I didn't get on the scales to see how much I agained this past week but maybe I'm feeling guilty knowing that I wasn't eating well or exercising last week.

Gotta run.
Talk to you all later.

~Kelly~
Closed Thread