Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 06:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 07/25/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 07-25-2012 at 06:28 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #2  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

OMG 1st "actual" post of the day, can it be? *dance dance*
DH told me to stop letting him sleep in EVERY morning while I read the forums etc. so I'm gonna go get him up in about 10 minutes, it's 50 minutes earlier than normal, so I figure he can learn to forgive me.

Jumped on for my DW (daily weigh) and the scale is still moving in its proper trajectory, looking really good for getting to 160 for Sturgis. That'll be the first FULL week of me not weighing myself since I started the plan, but I imagine I'll be so busy that I won't miss it at all. Just really hoping I don't end up with a gain, although I'll be as good as humanly possible. I'm thinking all packets, since the candy bars could melt, and I know I can stash like, 6-7 packets inside my shaker bottle so I'll do that to save some space.

Well, I'm off to sync my iPod so I can listen to it on my way to the cities on Friday, that's gonna be one long a** ride. By my lonesome, so need good tunes to keep me focused. Keep it OP everyone and good luck with Weigh Ins today!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #3  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning! It cooled off real nice last night, and now expecting storms through Friday. That's ok, we need the rain.

Kaypix - after trying & trying to find the instructions you put out there on how to use photobucket to 'hook' pics together to import to our signatures on here, I give up. Can you direct me to the thread with the info? Seems like it was in June sometime where you posted it, but not sure. (Or just repost????) Thank you!!!

I am a daily weigher at home, and the ups/downs don't bother me as I know it's normal. But I have been hovering just above the 160s for a couple of weeks now and am anxious to get into the next 'decade'. I know my scales weighs a bit lighter than the one at the clinic, but still, I am so excited to drop out of the 170's soon! Next WI is a week from tomorrow, so hoping for a big whoosh by then

Have a terrific OP day, and to those having WIs today - good luck!!

Cindy
Old 07-25-2012, 08:26 AM   #4  
Started IP 12 Apr 12

S/C/G: 270/179/170

Height: 5'4

Good morning all. It is one hot and humid day here in FL. I need a vacation, I rarely take off during the summer unless I plan to go somewhere and I have not planned anything, but I need some down time. Gotta think about where I want to go and what I wanna do... Let's all have an OP day. IP rocks!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #5  
Started IP June 28th

S/C/G: 247.4/189/167.4

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone!! Watching Deadliest Catch on TV and thinking it will be crab tonight. Yum! Have WI #4 this morning hoping for 2lbs so I can hit 20 in 4 weeks. Best diet ever!!! Hope you all have an amazing day!!!

Sassy
Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

good morning! Kaypix and Cindy I am a daily weigher too, I have to, totally my routine. And if I dont like what the scale says, I move it somewhere else in the room to see if I can get a better read...haha, and you know sometimes I do...that is really crazy!
I am hovering in the 170's. In my past diet life, it took a major life event (wedding or death) to get out of them. I am hoping with IP I can be in the 160's by Sunday as I am heading for beach camping.
I will not be able to weigh in...unless I bring my scale....my friends already know I am crazy so why not just reconfirm their opinions.
My friend uses an RV so I am going to bring my blender, that is my favorite way for shakes, blended with ice.
Anyway that is Sunday, today, should be a wonderful day... 100% OP and im week 5, I have never been this loyal to an eating program, I cant believe it!
Have a great day.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
Good morning! It cooled off real nice last night, and now expecting storms through Friday. That's ok, we need the rain.

Kaypix - after trying & trying to find the instructions you put out there on how to use photobucket to 'hook' pics together to import to our signatures on here, I give up. Can you direct me to the thread with the info? Seems like it was in June sometime where you posted it, but not sure. (Or just repost????) Thank you!!!

I am a daily weigher at home, and the ups/downs don't bother me as I know it's normal. But I have been hovering just above the 160s for a couple of weeks now and am anxious to get into the next 'decade'. I know my scales weighs a bit lighter than the one at the clinic, but still, I am so excited to drop out of the 170's soon! Next WI is a week from tomorrow, so hoping for a big whoosh by then

Have a terrific OP day, and to those having WIs today - good luck!!

Cindy
Cindy,
my home scales(I weigh at home on Wed. and Sat.) then real WI on Sat. at the clinic. My home scale is hovering at the high 160's, 170, too!
I can't wait to say goodbye to the 170's! Its coming, baby!

Jeanie
Old 07-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #8  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, all

Still stuck at home with this horrible air boot on my foot and half way up the leg. Not doing much for the pain, but sure is hard on my lymphedema swelling in my legs. Sure hope the drs decision is NOT weeks of wearing this. I may go ballistic.

Love the new picture, Cindy. Lookin' good.

Sending the whoosh fairy to all those looking to get into new decades and certain goals. I'm not looking for a good WI this weekend with the irritation to my leg as it just keeps adding more fluid as a protection.

Have a great day, stay OP.

Molly
Old 07-25-2012, 09:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 328.2/205/178

Height: 5'8"

Morning, all! WI last night saw another 3.2 gone forever - only 6.8 until the 100 mark. Insanity! Hoping that will come in two weeks. Would be nice!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #10  
Start: 7/23/12

S/C/G: 223/216/165

Height: 5'9

Good morning all!! Day three of IP and I finally feel like a human again!! I felt so terrible last night (weak, cravings, hunger, HEADACHE) I just wanted it all to end. The temptation to cheat was SO strong, but I didn't and this morning I am rewarded by feeling SO much better, what a relief Have a great day everyone, good luck to everyone weighing in today
Old 07-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 227/227/155

Height: 5'3”

This diet amazes me!
I look at myself every morning and can't believe how I am transforming. Today is my 48th. day.
I felt so horrible the 1st. week I started IP (headaches, nausea) now I feel amazing!!!!
I weighed myself this morning....it said 178.2. I want to announce to the WORLD how much I weigh - I feel so tiny (teehee).
I'm only 5'5" & i'm small boned, so I still have several pounds to go.
I can't help it, I feel like i've lost 50 rather then close to 25 lbs. (that's how good I feel).
Old 07-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/182.8/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heitina View Post
This diet amazes me!
I look at myself every morning and can't believe how I am transforming. Today is my 48th. day.
I felt so horrible the 1st. week I started IP (headaches, nausea) now I feel amazing!!!!
I weighed myself this morning....it said 178.2. I want to announce to the WORLD how much I weigh - I feel so tiny (teehee).
I'm only 5'5" & i'm small boned, so I still have several pounds to go.
I can't help it, I feel like i've lost 50 rather then close to 25 lbs. (that's how good I feel).
YAY....Good for you!!! I am on my 3rd week and once again I don't "feel" like I've lost any weight..(my DH took my home scale away so I don't REALLY know if I've lost anything...) Last week when I felt like this I had a 7lb WL...So fingers crossed for my WI on Friday....I've definitely noticed I have good days and bad days...but I haven't really FELT like I'm losing yet..I am on day 21 today and trying REALLY hard to be patient....
Here's to a GREAT IP day...good luck all....
Old 07-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #13  
Lucky Lady

S/C/G: 212/191.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Wow, and a good morning to all. Starting my day reading this forum is so inspiring. Thank you and keep it up. Since this is the beginning for me...I really need the positive commentary you all post.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning! As always, I knew reading your posts would make my day a bit brighter. I am looking forward to not having to suck in a little bit to button these pants as I did this morning!

When I got home from work last night, I was so tired and irritated...I just wanted to sit on the porch and have a cold beer. And it was a little depressing that I couldn't have one. The results will be worth it...that's what I keep telling myself!

I am going to try freezing my Wildberry Yogurt for lunch...hope it works!

Have a great day!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Good morning, all

Still stuck at home with this horrible air boot on my foot and half way up the leg. Not doing much for the pain, but sure is hard on my lymphedema swelling in my legs. Sure hope the drs decision is NOT weeks of wearing this. I may go ballistic.

Love the new picture, Cindy. Lookin' good.

Sending the whoosh fairy to all those looking to get into new decades and certain goals. I'm not looking for a good WI this weekend with the irritation to my leg as it just keeps adding more fluid as a protection.

Have a great day, stay OP.

Molly
Molly,

I used to live in Woodstock, GA. I know where Pine Mountain is! Loved it there.
So sorry about your leg challenges. Its so hard to sit still, in the best of circumstances. I hope this trial will be solved quickly by the doctor, so you can move on with your goals.

Jeanie
Closed Thread