Old 07-24-2012, 06:46 PM   #1  
camper

S/C/G: 215/154/145

Height: 5'7 and 1/2

Default Stuck in the 150s ...maybe I am just getting too old?

I want to get out of the 150's! I am 45/5.7and 1/2 and haven't weighed my goal (145) since I was 26! I am so close, but stuck between 155 and 157. I have tried upping the calories, lowering the calories, adding weights and calorie cycling. I am just wondering if my body is just too old to get down to that weight lol. I have lost 55-57 lbs, but this last few doesn't want to budge. Wondering if maybe its just an age thing. My periods are also starting to change a little bit so I am wondering if it could have to do with hormones. I am doing around 1400-1600 calories a day and working out an hour and a half during the week and two hours on the weekends. I work out 6 days a week. Any other 40 somethings with this issue?
camper67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

I am shorter and eat around 1300 calories, and have weighed the same for two months now. However, my clothes fit more loosely, which makes me think that I am losing inches. Just keep going, you are doing the right things. Though you may not lose much more weight, you have to keep eating healthy and exercising, right? So keep doing what you are doing. Be patient.
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #3  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I have issues. Many issues. LOL!

My weight loss has been super slow. The last time I lost weight in my 30s, I was averaging 2 pounds a week. This time, it's more like a half a pound a month. I think it has as much to do with my diet as my age.

I think you're going to have to reduce your calories more. I was eating 1500 give or take per day. My burn was roughly 2500 so you'd think that would be enough. Nope. I have since reduced my calories to around 1200-1300 and I'm losing 2 pounds a week. I don't really even want to lose that much (I'd rather eat more and lost 1 pound a week), but it seems like I can't find that happy medium. Now that it looks like we'll be moving to Belgium, I'm going to try to get through another 20 pounds fast, because I'm going to need clothes. I'd like to buy before the move.

I'm not the best person to take advice from because my weight loss philosophy doesn't line up with many others. I'm willing to take some drastic measures in order to lose fast. The unhealthy crash diets that people talk about. Most recently, I did a diet called Yoli. After struggling and being stuck around 170 forever, I did Yoli. It got the scale moving again. Then I jumped in to Weight Watchers. Combined, I've lost 12 pounds in 2 months. If I hit another snag, I will redo Yoli or find another gimmick.

I also enjoy intermittent fasting, and I'll do 24 hour fasts a couple of times a month. Dinner to dinner, usually.

Since your periods are changing a little, maybe go get some vitamins for women going through menopause to help with hormone regulation. I guess Maca root is supposed to be very good. They make multi vitamins with all that stuff in it.

I think you're in the most frustrating part of weight loss. You're almost there, so your body is hanging on. You get there slower, and I think the body clings to certain weights. Just don't give up, keep doing what you're doing and it should drop off!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #4  
camper

S/C/G: 215/154/145

Height: 5'7 and 1/2

Thanks!!! I thought I should possibly raise my calories since I burn anywhere from 900-1200 calories a day. I usually do an hour and a half during the week and two hours on the weekends. I also do light weights about 4 days a week. I didn't think my calories were too high at all. Hmmm, I will have to think about that because I had been losing hair and feeling kind of weak even at the calorie in take I was at. I actually have decreased my workout a little bit just because I have been feeling so run down. Vitamins may be something I should think about....maybe I could lower my calories if I had some more nutrients. Thanks for the help!
camper67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:27 PM   #5  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

If you're losing hair and feeling run down, decreasing calories is probably not the way to go! Maybe think about a thyroid panel (check out Stop the thyroid madness for tests to ask for). Increase or stay the same and wait. I guess. Maybe if you were to try eliminating carbs for a day or two, or something like that? Maybe a break from dieting and going up to maintenance level calories for a couple of weeks and then reduce again?
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote