Old 07-24-2012, 02:51 PM   #1  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Smile what does your day look like on alternatives IP

Hi I am just wondering what your typical day looks like on IP alternatives (what products you use) phase 1 thank you so much for all your help

Last edited by zoological26; 07-25-2012 at 04:00 PM.
zoological26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #2  
On IP Since 5/25/12

S/C/G: 174/156/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi there,

A day on IP alternatives looks just like an IP day, just replacing the IP with the alternative. If you're looking for ideas on recipes, there are some great threads on that in the forum.

Good luck!
shesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:32 AM   #3  
started IP Aug 7 2012

S/C/G: 215/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6

bump
zoological26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #4  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

I wrote this up for someone else with somewhat the same question. Hope it helps.

Molly

My favorites from Nashua are:
ProtiSnax Chocolate Chip Sweet Roll (my "when I'm home to cook" breakfasts alternating with the ProtiDiet Bacon Cheese Omelet). Neither of them are restricted.

when I work, I usually have oatmeal. They are all good. I like the HealthSmart Peaches and Cream besides the Porti-Diet Maple and Brown Sugar, Cinnamon Spice, and Apple Cinnamon. I keep the Cinnamon Spice for topping for rhubarb crisp. To me, that flavor seems to go better. Personal opinion. Contrary to IP, these oatmeals I've listed are NOT restricted.

Sometimes for work breakfasts, I eat the Proti-Thin Dark Chocolate Wafers. Unfortunately, they are restricted. Just depends if I'm in a sweet mood or not. I love those. I just tried the tried the Proti-Diet wafer bars (of course, chocolate since I'm a chocoholic). I did not like them as much, but others on the Alternatives threads love them. They are border line restricted (they are smaller, too). They only have 8 carbs, but to me, too much in calories and fat to not be restricted.

Once in a long while I'll have a cookie for breakfast. I have HealthSmart Choclate Chip. Tried the one with the icing. To have it have the same nutritional values, they just made it smaller and added icing. I went back to the larger uniced version. Proti-Diet has cookies, but they have like 25 carbs. I won’t spend to money to try them. I don’t want that many carbs with one item.

Proti-Diet has a pizza. It’s a crust and the tomato spiced sauce. I got a tip from another poster to place the crust between sheets of parchment paper and roll is flatter and thinner than I had been doing it with my fingers. I did that today and got a bit larger crust that browned a bit on the edges. I do add veggie cheese, and these pepperonis that are smaller than a dime in size and a couple slices of mushroom. It satisfies my pizza craving.

I am big into making a shake at the end of the day. I use the puddings. WeightLoss Systems and Proti-Diet seem to be the best. Some of the WeightLoss Systems have both an regular and aspartame free version. Have to watch that and make sure you select the aspartame free one (a drop down on the details page where you can add to your cart)

I generally don’t eat puddings as puddings, but the WeightLoss Systems Chocolate Chip with marshmallows isn’t too bad. Has mini chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. BUT, my all time favorite “pudding” is the WeightLoss Systens Creany Cheesecake. It actually tastes and has the same consistence as real cheesecake. It is sooooo good. I drizzle WF Strawberry or Chocolate syrup over it and think I’ve died and gone to heaven.

I‘ve tried the Proti-Thin Soy Snacks. The Sour Cream & Onion is sooooo good. The Chili is really spicy and the BBQ is BBQ, but both of those are good, too. They have 8 grams of cabs, but the week I eat them every lucnh with my veggies, and then had 3 or 4 restricted plus these during that week. I had zero weight loss. I stopped having them combined with restricted.

Recently, I've gotten into the Pure Protein Bars (not from Nashau). They have more protein. I am finding I need more than the 45 grams of protein than thee packaged items provide. I'd already been adding a scoop of no carb, low calorie protein powder to my pudding shakes at night. Now, I’m looking at these protein bars with more protein and the Pure Protein RTD (have not tried the couple I bought a few days ago).

I do like variety, but I hate buying a box of things that I end up not eating. I get my variety with recipes for the non-protein pack/drink foods.
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:41 AM   #5  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Jenn:

I do alternatives daily, and it's a combo of stuff I order from Dietdirect.com and get at GNC. My "go to" is the chocolate amp wheybolic 60 protein powdered mix from GNC, runs about $60 for a 25 day supply if I have it twice a day, my third "packet" type stuff is usually Wonderslim / Atkins / Proti-Diet / Bariwise type bar or pudding/shake mix. I also have Wonderslim Apple Cinnamon oatmeal that I make into 5 cookies (about 2" diameter each) to snack on. I JUST got Bariwise cereal, cinnamon vanilla. It is a little cardboardy but I'll make it through the box then just not order any more. Here's my day:

7:00AM = Keurig coffee with 1/2 tsp of Sugar Free Hazelnut Torani syrup & milk while I read through the day's posts, post on my blog and just enjoy the quiet.
9:30AM = GNC Shake while at work (get to work at 8:30)
1:30PM = GNC Shake while at work (I don't leave for lunch)
1:30-5:30PM = Cucumber sliced up to 2 cups being munched on as a snack.
6:30PM = Dinner (insert meat+veggie of choice)
9:00PM = Snack usually Atkins Bar or Wonderslim Bar

I take my pills with my morning coffee and my evening snack.
Kaypix is offline   Reply With Quote